When should the economy reopen in full

• Immediately

• When Fauci and Birx say so

• June 1st

• When we have a vaccine

• FIVE YEARS - Favorite of USMB's U2 Edge

• NEVER -- Let Anarchy reign

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah. I am Right and you’re wrong. You also don’t believe in immunity and if that’s the case how would a vaccine work?

The context is perfectly clear to me. Think what you want though.
Don’t run. How would a vaccine work if we cannot build immunity once we had it?

That is how a vaccine works to my understanding. Doesn't mean that you can't get infected again. Not from what I've read at least.
So then the vaccine is useless, correct?

No, vaccines are not useless.
You just said I am not immune. A vaccine is giving someone a small dose to develop immunity. I had A massive dose. You cannot have it both ways.

What does immune mean to you?
Means 99% chance I wont get it again and if I do the symptoms will be very mild.
He doesn't know that he doesn't know, yet insists that he knows. :auiqs.jpg:
Would you please explain this to him? He doesn’t know how vaccines work it seems.

Here's what I'm referencing.

If you have anything that suggests otherwise, then show me.

Yeah. I am Right and you’re wrong. You also don’t believe in immunity and if that’s the case how would a vaccine work?

That is how a vaccine works to my understanding. Doesn't mean that you can't get infected again. Not from what I've read at least.

You just said I am not immune. A vaccine is giving someone a small dose to develop immunity. I had A massive dose. You cannot have it both ways.

Means 99% chance I wont get it again and if I do the symptoms will be very mild.
Would you please explain this to him? He doesn’t know how vaccines work it seems.
No....He's so goddamn stupid that I refuse to entertain any more of his brain droppings, to do so much as mock them....I'm shocked that his lizard brain is working well enough to send him an impulse to breathe.

How did you calculate 99%? Do you have a source for that or did you just pull it out of nowhere?
My doctor. Again I had this stupid thing and you would not believe the shit I had to go through. I also confirmed with the MDs at Mass General who want me to donate blood so that they can garner the plasma. How many more people should I ask?

I don't know. All I'm saying is that my sources have said that you can still get infected again. But I'm not an expert.

If you have any sources suggesting otherwise, that actually say that, then I can look it over and use it to form my opinion.
What sources? Why would they want plasma from an infected person? You don’t make any sense. You do you and I will do me. LOL. Harvard Medical School is a pretty good school.

Is there evidence that you don’t develop an immunity?

How did you calculate 99%? Do you have a source for that or did you just pull it out of nowhere?
My doctor. Again I had this stupid thing and you would not believe the shit I had to go through. I also confirmed with the MDs at Mass General who want me to donate blood so that they can garner the plasma. How many more people should I ask?

I don't know. All I'm saying is that my sources have said that you can still get infected again. But I'm not an expert.

If you have any sources suggesting otherwise, that actually say that, then I can look it over and use it to form my opinion.
Read the paper on plasma (CV). IT explains the whole process in great detail.

He is correct: IF he gets the virus again his body will respond rapidly and it will be very mild. Its a matter of known epidemiological studies.

Sorry, I was trying to respond to you, but I got distracted. You sent me the study, right?

It looked a bit old and it appeared to be based in China.

Read the paper on plasma (CV). IT explains the whole process in great detail.
If it has three syllable words and no pretty pictures, he won't go there.

LOL
studies of SARS-CoV—the virus that causes severe acute respiratory syndrome, or SARS, which shares a considerable amount of its genetic material with SARS-CoV-2—are more promising. Antibody testing shows SARS-CoV immunity peaks at around four months and offers protection for roughly two to three years. As Preeti Malani, chief health officer and a professor of medicine at the University of Michigan, said in a video interview with JAMA Editor in Chief Howard Bauchner,this period presents “a pretty good time line for thinking about vaccines and therapeutics” for COVID-19.

You first clue that this is BS, It came from WHO. I just gave you a study on convalescent plasma that shows that they do become immune. The length of immunity is the only question but it is very well established that Corona viruses cause a 2 year minimum response and some are life long.

What this thread needs is some bitchin' memes...

View attachment 328149
Oddball, those are nursing home and assisted living deaths presumed from covid19 that are not being counted in the CDC state totals....the CDC is counting hospital deaths from covid that have tested positive.

Most nursing homes were not testing because they didn't have the testing kits to do such initially, even though their patients were dropping like flies and are still dropping like flies in nursing homes throughout the nation!

Cuomo's health dept analyzed all nursing home deaths to determine which deaths were likely covid deaths, and not other causes and added them to NY's totals.....

The ones determined to be likely covid deaths at the nursing homes/assisted living etc, certainly should not be left out of the totals....!!!

Now that they KNOW it is spreading in nursing homes like wildfire, and now that they have more test kits available, most states are now requiring nursing homes to test all of their residents and all of their staff.... but none of them were testing there in the first month or so.....

Shutting down the non-essential businesses, to my understanding, is up to the governors. They can do what they want and deal with those consequences.
If NH opens up and MA doesn’t, I ll be partying in NH tomorrow.

Go for it.
Well I am immune so it won’t bother me.

I haven't seen any evidence suggesting that someone can be immune to it after recovering from it.
Actually we do!

Convolescant Plasma is proving we do develop immunities to this virus. We have medical staff who were infected and after recovering went back to work and have not been reinfected despite dealing with patients. We just dont know how long it lasts.

I'll take a look at any links you provide. So far, I'm seeing the exact opposite reported.
You’re insane. Wow. OK. So then how do you explain them asking me to donate plasma to help those infected?

I haven't read that plasma in your anti-bodies makes you immune. If you have any links on that, I'll be happy to look at them though.

Like I said, everything I have read has stated the exact opposite. But no, I'm not a doctor.
Your dumbass doesn't even believe in immunity. You are an idiot.

Know why I don't get the flu? Because I had it when I was 15 and overcame it. Derp!

I think a lot of people don’t understand how immunity works, and it differs according to tbe virus. It isn’t all the same.

He is correct: IF he gets the virus again his body will respond rapidly and it will be very mild. Its a matter of known epidemiological studies.

Sorry, I was trying to respond to you, but I got distracted. You sent me the study, right?

It looked a bit old and it appeared to be based in China.
That study was done this year and in the last three months.

"Significance
COVID-19 is currently a big threat to global health. However, no specific antiviral agents are available for its treatment. In this work, we explore the feasibility of convalescent plasma (CP) transfusion to rescue severe patients. The results from 10 severe adult cases showed that one dose (200 mL) of CP was well tolerated and could significantly increase or maintain the neutralizing antibodies at a high level, leading to disappearance of viremia in 7 d. Meanwhile, clinical symptoms and paraclinical criteria rapidly improved within 3 d. Radiological examination showed varying degrees of absorption of lung lesions within 7 d. These results indicate that CP can serve as a promising rescue option for severe COVID-19, while the randomized trial is warranted.
Abstract
Currently, there are no approved specific antiviral agents for novel coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). In this study, 10 severe patients confirmed by real-time viral RNA test were enrolled prospectively. One dose of 200 mL of convalescent plasma (CP) derived from recently recovered donors with the neutralizing antibody titers above 1:640 was transfused to the patients as an addition to maximal supportive care and antiviral agents. The primary endpoint was the safety of CP transfusion. The second endpoints were the improvement of clinical symptoms and laboratory parameters within 3 d after CP transfusion. The median time from onset of illness to CP transfusion was 16.5 d. After CP transfusion, the level of neutralizing antibody increased rapidly up to 1:640 in five cases, while that of the other four cases maintained at a high level (1:640). The clinical symptoms were significantly improved along with increase of oxyhemoglobin saturation within 3 d. Several parameters tended to improve as compared to pretransfusion, including increased lymphocyte counts (0.65 × 109/L vs. 0.76 × 109/L) and decreased C-reactive protein (55.98 mg/L vs. 18.13 mg/L). Radiological examinations showed varying degrees of absorption of lung lesions within 7 d. The viral load was undetectable after transfusion in seven patients who had previous viremia. No severe adverse effects were observed. This study showed CP therapy was well tolerated and could potentially improve the clinical outcomes through neutralizing viremia in severe COVID-19 cases. The optimal dose and time point, as well as the clinical benefit of CP therapy, needs further investigation in larger well-controlled trials."

There it is. Had to go back and find it.

A few issues here: this is a little out-dated by now, it's with only 10 patients, and it's based in China. I don't trust much of what they're doing at the moment.

From what I'm reading, someone can still become infected by this again.

Ask me how I know your teachers did not use the Socratic method and you are younger than me.
Also you don't even try to analyze the information you are being fed, you just swallow it hook, line, and sinker.

Maybe that's your problem: Lead poisoning from all the lead sinkers you've swallowed.

Last edited:
What this thread needs is some bitchin' memes...

View attachment 328149
Oddball, those are nursing home and assisted living deaths presumed from covid19 that are not being counted in the CDC state totals....the CDC is counting hospital deaths from covid that have tested positive.

Most nursing homes were not testing because they didn't have the testing kits to do such initially, even though their patients were dropping like flies and are still dropping like flies in nursing homes throughout the nation!

Cuomo's health dept analyzed all nursing home deaths to determine which deaths were likely covid deaths, and not other causes and added them to NY's totals.....

The ones determined to be likely covid deaths at the nursing homes/assisted living etc, certainly should not be left out of the totals....!!!

Now that they KNOW it is spreading in nursing homes like wildfire, and now that they have more test kits available, most states are now requiring nursing homes to test all of their residents and all of their staff.... but none of them were testing there in the first month or so.....
OK, fine...No argument there....Oldsters are extremely vulnerable, and that's no joke.

But putting the 99.9x% of the rest of the nation basically under house arrest because of this is beyond ludicrous....And pumping up the numbers of fatalities for whatever reason is positively scandalous.

Shutting down the non-essential businesses, to my understanding, is up to the governors. They can do what they want and deal with those consequences.
If NH opens up and MA doesn’t, I ll be partying in NH tomorrow.

Go for it.
Well I am immune so it won’t bother me.

I haven't seen any evidence suggesting that someone can be immune to it after recovering from it.
Actually we do!

Convolescant Plasma is proving we do develop immunities to this virus. We have medical staff who were infected and after recovering went back to work and have not been reinfected despite dealing with patients. We just dont know how long it lasts.

I'll take a look at any links you provide. So far, I'm seeing the exact opposite reported.
You’re insane. Wow. OK. So then how do you explain them asking me to donate plasma to help those infected?

I haven't read that plasma in your anti-bodies makes you immune. If you have any links on that, I'll be happy to look at them though.

Like I said, everything I have read has stated the exact opposite. But no, I'm not a doctor.
Your dumbass doesn't even believe in immunity. You are an idiot.

Know why I don't get the flu? Because I had it when I was 15 and overcame it. Derp!

I think a lot of people don’t understand how immunity works, and it differs according to tbe virus. It isn’t all the same.
studies of SARS-CoV—the virus that causes severe acute respiratory syndrome, or SARS, which shares a considerable amount of its genetic material with SARS-CoV-2—are more promising. Antibody testing shows SARS-CoV immunity peaks at around four months and offers protection for roughly two to three years. As Preeti Malani, chief health officer and a professor of medicine at the University of Michigan, said in a video interview with JAMA Editor in Chief Howard Bauchner,this period presents “a pretty good time line for thinking about vaccines and therapeutics” for COVID-19.

You first clue that this is BS, It came from WHO. I just gave you a study on convalescent plasma that shows that they do become immune. The length of immunity is the only question but it is very well established that Corona viruses cause a 2 year minimum response and some are life long.

You trust a study done in China more than the WHO? I guess we disagree there.

Ask me how I know your teachers did not use the Socratic method and you are younger than me.
He wouldn't know Socratic method from a can of Monster drink.

You trust a study done in China more than the WHO? I guess we disagree there.
Give it up, dumbass. Go back to the kiddie pool where you belong.
You may even have some intelligence, but they fucked you up proper.
That is seriously wrong. :(
I suggest going to a school somewhere that communists aren't in charge of the curriculum.

LOL
if sars cov2 was so much like sars cov1.... we would already know what we were dealing with and could just use that vaccine, if there were one! Worldwide only 800 people died of SARS COV 1

Instead this novel corona virus has thrown us for a loop every which way we turn....

I wouldn't be so cocksure of anything when it comes to this new virus!

Forum List

Back