Rep Apologizes for Obama 'Tar Baby' Comment

So basically what you're saying is that his apology wasn't sincere. Because he didn't mention anything about racist. He claimed that he was using the term in a non-racist context. So you're admitting this was all a lie. Thanks for proving the point so many are trying to explain to you, with your own word.

Disagreed. As any good person would do, if they inadvertently say something which another person finds offensive, they apologize just as a good person would do if they accidentally stepped on another person's foot. I'm surprised more people don't understand this simple act of courtesy.

I wouldn't have thought it necessary to explain that.... apparently I was wrong. Some people really are that stupid. Scary shit.

You only need to go back to 2008. Google it. Obama - candidate. Easy. Shameless using of race and religion for politics. If you can't remember that far back, seriously, get help. You have memory problems.

Post some quotes of him shooting down McCain for his associations, religion, national origin..sheesh..something.

He was pretty respectful toward McCain.

Ohhhh, you need to change the parameters now? :lol::lol::lol: You don't get to call the shots about what kind of comments fit the rules you defined. Idiot.

Google it yourself. Find out for yourself how your own bunch of hypocrites used race for politics.
You are becoming laughable, Shallow. Seriously. This is pathetic. Calling me a racist.... that really should be beneath you.... shame on you. Defriending me was pathetic enough - but calling me a racist.... really.... you're losing it. I honestly think you may have some kind of mental illness.

Why are you asking Sallow to do those things??? You are the one making the statement and you want somebody else to do the research?? Yet I have seen you get mad when people post something without a link. You always ask for it. What an unreasonable bitch you are.

And all those insults directed at Sallow for calling you a racist is ridiculous. You ARE a racist!!!!!!!!!!!!! As well as a total hypocrite!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope my punctuation is irritating the snot out of you.

So basically what you're saying is that his apology wasn't sincere. Because he didn't mention anything about racist. He claimed that he was using the term in a non-racist context. So you're admitting this was all a lie. Thanks for proving the point so many are trying to explain to you, with your own word.

Disagreed. As any good person would do, if they inadvertently say something which another person finds offensive, they apologize just as a good person would do if they accidentally stepped on another person's foot. I'm surprised more people don't understand this simple act of courtesy.

I was actually responding to the comment that he apologized because racist made him do it. He said nothing about racist. Therefore, if the argument is that he was forced to because of racist, he's a liar. Because he claimed it was because "some people" were offended.

But since you asked, I'll try to explain it to you. Claiming that "some people" are offended by the "tar baby" term, implies that he isn't. It implies that he didn't know that it was offensive, or didn't care at the time he said it. Neither of which are very complimentary to a sitting public official.

Post some quotes of him shooting down McCain for his associations, religion, national origin..sheesh..something.

He was pretty respectful toward McCain.

Ohhhh, you need to change the parameters now? :lol::lol::lol: You don't get to call the shots about what kind of comments fit the rules you defined. Idiot.

Google it yourself. Find out for yourself how your own bunch of hypocrites used race for politics.
You are becoming laughable, Shallow. Seriously. This is pathetic. Calling me a racist.... that really should be beneath you.... shame on you. Defriending me was pathetic enough - but calling me a racist.... really.... you're losing it. I honestly think you may have some kind of mental illness.

Why are you asking Sallow to do those things??? You are the one making the statement and you want somebody else to do the research?? Yet I have seen you get mad when people post something without a link. You always ask for it. What an unreasonable bitch you are.

And all those insults directed at Sallow for calling you a racist is ridiculous. You ARE a racist!!!!!!!!!!!!! As well as a total hypocrite!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope my punctuation is irritating the snot out of you.

Mind your own fucking business, fat ass. I am no more a racist than you are. The difference between you and I is that if I accidentally offend someone - or even if I deliberately offend someone - I am open to apologizing for that. Unlike you. Say.... for instance... if I had made a comment about a dead family member of another poster - yea, I'd definitely apologize for that. But not you..... you are a fat assed old ho, bitch.

He apologized because a bunch of racists accused him of making a racist remark. Who's the racist? It isn't him. It is those who use race as a weapon. That's you. Every action has a consequence. Your action is to trivialize racism and make a mockery of it. Mine is to review his comment, in context, and conclude that, logically, he did not call anyone a 'tar baby'.

So, basically, what you're saying is that you lack basic comprehension skills. Good to know. I thought it might be my fault for not making myself clear.

You're really not very smart, are you?

Actually I'm very intelligent and you know it.
In fact, you can't stand that fact. Intelligent responses to your bigotry is the last thing you want to deal with. You avoid it like the plague, because deep down you know you're wrong. We're all prejudice against something. But, most are willing to change
their beliefs when confronted with evidence to the contrary of what they believe.
I don't lack comprehension skills. I understand you all too well.

I guess for political correctness.... things that stick should all now be called Gum babies.

LOL

How about just not using the term at all. It's pretty antiquated and seldom comes up in normal or polite conversation.

Seems that "Political Correctness" only comes up when someone gets knocked for using a racist or bigotted term then gets all butthurt when they get called on it.

Strange...I don't ever recall using it either.

The term "tar baby" and the fable have been considered inappropriate for decades. Only the ridiculously out of touch would still use it. Especially when referring to a black man

Heck.. "Song of the South" is considered extremely offensive. Yet over and over again..it's been brought up in this very thread.

Do you mean all those happy slaves singing and dancing is offensive?

It would probably be as offensive if a German director showed Jewish people in Concentration Camps having sing alongs and playing with the children of the guards.

I guess for political correctness.... things that stick should all now be called Gum babies.

LOL

How about just not using the term at all. It's pretty antiquated and seldom comes up in normal or polite conversation.

Seems that "Political Correctness" only comes up when someone gets knocked for using a racist or bigotted term then gets all butthurt when they get called on it.

It's a conspiracy. We're all conspiring to pretend "tar baby" is racist, when we know it isn't.
Aliens are making us do it. It's the end of the universe as we know it.:eek:

Heck.. "Song of the South" is considered extremely offensive. Yet over and over again..it's been brought up in this very thread.

It would probably be as offensive if a German director showed Jewish people in Concentration Camps having sing alongs and playing with the children of the guards.

Yeah, that's the same thing, rdeanlite.......:cuckoo:

LOL

It's a conspiracy. We're all conspiring to pretend "tar baby" is racist, when we know it isn't.

Actually, you're not. You're just ignoring context. Which is sort of understandable, but not very intelligent. The phrase 'tar baby' absolutely can be racist.... if it is used in a racist way. However, it was not. So it wasn't. But please don't let logic interrupt your partisan bullshit. I'm sure that's far more entertaining.... for fools.

Well I am figuring less people were affected by the Nazis. Slavery in this region went on for 100 years before the revolution..100 years after the revolution and then there were some 70 years of de facto apartheid in this country.

The Nazis were only around for less then a decade.

Well I am figuring less people were affected by the Nazis. Slavery in this region went on for 100 years before the revolution..100 years after the revolution and then there were some 70 years of de facto apartheid in this country.

12 years, which in nazi speak is 1000 years.

The party may have been around that long..but not really in power.

But 1000 years is about right. :lol:

The party may have been around that long..but not really in power.

But 1000 years is about right. :lol:

the party was around app. 20 years.

in power 12 years.

trust me, i can count.

So, basically, what you're saying is that you lack basic comprehension skills. Good to know. I thought it might be my fault for not making myself clear.

You're really not very smart, are you?

Actually I'm very intelligent and you know it.
In fact, you can't stand that fact. Intelligent responses to your bigotry is the last thing you want to deal with. You avoid it like the plague, because deep down you know you're wrong. We're all prejudice against something. But, most are willing to change
their beliefs when confronted with evidence to the contrary of what they believe.
I don't lack comprehension skills. I understand you all too well.

Don't take it personally, she questions the intelligence of every poster who has the gall to disagree with her. It is her way of compensating for her own immense Insecurity and lack of a cogent argument.

Actually, you're not. You're just ignoring context. Which is sort of understandable, but not very intelligent. The phrase 'tar baby' absolutely can be racist.... if it is used in a racist way. However, it was not. So it wasn't. But please don't let logic interrupt your partisan bullshit. I'm sure that's far more entertaining.... for fools.

Uh, I'm ignoring context in this being an Aliens conspiracy?
What are you talking about?

BTW, no one is ignoring context. The argument is that the context doesn't matter in this case. Using such a term can absolutely be racist in any context. That's why he apologized. Or at least, that's why he said he did. How is that ignoring context?

Forum List

Back