Replace the ACA with single payer

I just confirmed with my mother, they paid "Roughly 95%", the company was Aetna. The only things they didn't cover amounted to a few thousand, but they did cover surgeries amounting to millions of dollars, like open heart surgery. My youngest brothers, who are twins, were "Million dollar babies".

So your pre Obamacare plan was over $1000. Not $150.
Prove it. Post proof that you know my family's bill better than me. Do it.

My family paid $150 per month. You will either prove your statement or you'll go back to the Flame Zone where brain dead Liberals belong.

You paid $150, but that's not the COST of the plan. The employer through in another $1000.

But you come here and blame the ACA when premiums were already too high for an average family .
Then you pay for this plan Timmy
If just you and others who support it create your own health plan cooperatives, you are free to lobby and negotiate whatever discount rates you want to offer your own members.

I bet you can get a better deal by cutting out the middleman and DIY. Obama cheated and cut several corners to ram this through federal govt where it doesn't follow but broke many rules.

If you do it through private business agreements you are free to fund under terms that your members agree to that don't have to represent nonmembers.

So do it. That's fully legal to set up your own health share or insurance plan.

No need to force anyone else to pay or join who doesn't believe in it.

Look at Doctors Without Borders,
The Nurturing Network. Americares.
(Heck, look at Habitat for Humanity and ask yourself why can't the same be done for local clinics hospitals and medical training programs. ALL developed locally by free choice to invest and own and participate, NOT forced by govt to fund and it still works.)

The business model of cost effective services for maximum investment of dollars CAN work on a *nonprofit basis* and DOES work better by free choice instead of ramming it through govt.
Our "system'' was such a mess SOMETHING had to be done. This GOP type ACA is a start, works already. BREAKING: This is how much our care actually costs! Now Trump will tinker- this will be tinkered with forever.
^ note to francoHFW
if the mandates had given free choice and responsibility to people and states to decide how to manage their own health care,
all the "tinkering" could be done in cohesive likeminded groups along the SAME plans for each one.
instead of competing groups fighting for two different approaches.

Oh Pumpkin. We both know you are trying way too hard. Let me put it this way. A nation like Norway is considered a social democratic nation. Despite this, it has a private economy just like the US. It also has a wealthy class of people like the US. "Equity" as referenced in your post, refers to the ownership of a program funded by its citizens. They all have the same stake in the program's function.
Of course I'm trying too hard, I'm speaking to a brick wall when I should be ignoring you. Apt comparison, because both objects in question have the same IQ.

I explained what Social ownership encompasses and you still completely miss the point. I was not off the mark when I said everything in my post would go right over your head.

No, that is not what equity means. I see you skew every definition because, well, you're an ignorant Fopdoodle and every keystroke is wasted on you.

Yeah, I've seen some raccoons that would give billy a run.

I'm sure. Growing up in Michigan, raccoons were clever buggers getting in the trash. I've never seen billy be that clever. He just sits and says gimme
You all know I'm right.

Well, you are right for you. I'm right for me. I want opportunity. You want to be taken care of. Government is your Sugar Daddy
I'm privately insured without any help from ObamaCare. This isn't about me.

Of course I'm trying too hard, I'm speaking to a brick wall when I should be ignoring you. Apt comparison, because both objects in question have the same IQ.

I explained what Social ownership encompasses and you still completely miss the point. I was not off the mark when I said everything in my post would go right over your head.

No, that is not what equity means. I see you skew every definition because, well, you're an ignorant Fopdoodle and every keystroke is wasted on you.

I'm sure. Growing up in Michigan, raccoons were clever buggers getting in the trash. I've never seen billy be that clever. He just sits and says gimme
You all know I'm right.

Well, you are right for you. I'm right for me. I want opportunity. You want to be taken care of. Government is your Sugar Daddy

Funny how every time liberals want free government shit it isn't about you.

You know what you can do on your own? Donate to charity. The only reason you need government to do it is to take the money from others by force, then you pat yourself on the back for the lie you give a shit about anyone but yourself

You all know I'm right.

ALL policies are ACA policies. There aren't any others.

You are probably referring to the fact that your policy isn't subsidized.

But, all policies are conformant to the ACA and if the ACA were eliminated, your poiicy (and that of every family in America) would go away.

No more freeloaders- or pre-existing can't be covered. Focus on cutting costs now,,,

The idea that insurance companies should cover pre-existing conditions is irrational to begin with.
It's irrational if the objective is capitalism - if the objective is to have insurance companies who attempt to make as much profit as possible off of health care in America.

Under the pre-ACA rules, if you got sick, your insurance company could just drop you. And, if you had a pre-existing condition, they could just refuse to sell you a policy. That makes sense, in terms of capitalism. After all, why should they have you as a customer???

These are just areas where our need for health care doesn't mesh well with capitalism. With the ACA, we attempt to fix that by regulation. In EVERY other industrialized nation, the solution is to not use for-profit insurance companies like we do, because capitalism is not aligned with what we as human beings actually require.

No more freeloaders- or pre-existing can't be covered. Focus on cutting costs now,,,

The idea that insurance companies should cover pre-existing conditions is irrational to begin with.
It's irrational if the objective is capitalism - if the objective is to have insurance companies who attempt to make as much profit as possible off of health care in America.

Under the pre-ACA rules, if you got sick, your insurance company could just drop you. And, if you had a pre-existing condition, they could just refuse to sell you a policy. That makes sense, in terms of capitalism. After all, why should they have you as a customer???

These are just areas where our need for health care doesn't mesh well with capitalism. With the ACA, we attempt to fix that by regulation. In EVERY other industrialized nation, the solution is to not use for-profit insurance companies like we do, because capitalism is not aligned with what we as human beings actually require.

You mean what you want and can get with guns. What you are advocating is armed robbery

You mean what you want and can get with guns. What you are advocating is armed robbery
Oh, good Lord. Give it a rest.

Every other industrialized nation in the WORLD has some form of single payer health care. They pay less for health care than we do. They serve more of their citizens than we do. They don't have to live with the ramifications of people without health care (ER health care, health care related bankruptcy, etc.). They do a quality job of it as can be seen by national measures of health.

And, they don't do it with GUNS!!!

Every other industrialized nation in the WORLD has some form of single payer health care. They pay less for health care than we do. They serve more of their citizens than we do. They don't have to live with the ramifications of people without health care (ER health care, health care related bankruptcy, etc.). They do a quality job of it as can be seen by national measures of health.

They don't do it with guns? So you mean I don't have to pay the taxes and nothing will be enforced? Where did you get that idea?

And you can get your bills paid for you because France. Wow, that's stupid. So move to France. Why am I obliged to pay your bills?

Last edited:

They don't do it with guns? So you mean I don't have to pay the taxes and nothing will be enforced? Where did you get that idea?

And you can get your bills paid for you because France. Wow, that's stupid. So move to France. Why am I obliged to pay your bills?
So, why are you paying taxes TODAY?

Do you think the rules on paying taxes are about to change, because of health care???

Seriously. I just don't understand what the HECK you are thinking.

So, why are you paying taxes TODAY?

Do you think the rules on paying taxes are about to change, because of health care???

Seriously. I just don't understand what the HECK you are thinking.

You said guns aren't used to force me to pay taxes. I don't object to that, I want to get in on it. What the fuck are you talking about? Explain how I can not pay taxes and not have government come with guns to take my shit from me. It was your claim ... so ... back it up ....

You all know I'm right.

Funny how every time liberals want free government shit it isn't about you.

You know what you can do on your own? Donate to charity. The only reason you need government to do it is to take the money from others by force, then you pat yourself on the back for the lie you give a shit about anyone but yourself
I suppose it's simpler for you to justify it like that isn't it? You don't care at all about poor people dying from a lack of adequate healthcare so you assume everyone thinks like you do so you can feel better about it.

It's a tax for the good of the country and to FINALLY start to get costs under control. Hopefully Trump is smart and not a brainwashed functional moron like you hater dupes...

Yes, they should be euthanized, Adolf.

I didn't say that. At all. Fuck off.
Then what's your solution when your idiot New BS GOP repeals it, if that seriously is your stupid hater plan. Hopefully Trump is smarter and goes after costs as he has said...national exchange etc...going after hospitals etc.

And vice versa if you're unlucky. That's how insurance works. And France is not accepting Americans unless you're a millionaire who doesn't need to work. Dupe.

You all know I'm right.

Typical. Some rich wealthy guy, talking about how great socialism is.... when he's not in the socialist system.

Then some average working person like me, who has actually used Obama Care, and see's how bad the system works, you mock and object to.

So typical of left-wingers. You say how great the system is, even though you don't use it, and are not qualified to comment.

You ignore the experience of people like me, who have been in the system, even though between the two of us, I'm the only one qualified to comment.

So predictable.

Forum List

Back