Republican bill stops funding to states issuing DL's to illegals

Illegal aliens should be deported instead of coddled by giving them permission to drive on our streets

Since they won't be and we continue to allow them to work, we need to make sure they can drive safely.

Then we need to start busting those that hire them in the first place. Make a Felony and then enforce it. Except the Right doesn't want it enforced since companies like Trump Industries hire them on a regular basis far below what they could an American worker. And when the Illegal demands a decent wage, they just call ice and have them rounded up and bring in the next "Shift".
We have had this argument before

if we seal the border and deport known illegal aliens then beefing up the punishment for KNOWINGLY hiring illegal aliens will have broad support from the republican base

LOL, until we deport 20 million people we can't make it harder for employers to hire them. LOL

LOL, I've heard all the lame excuses now. LOL
If jobs dry up, those 20 million people will deport themselves. Forget fines, throw some employers in jail and those jobs will disappear.

Why chase 20 million aliens when locking up a few employers will have the same effect.

You seem awfully matter of fact...I’m certain you have all the data...what percentage of wetbacks are motivated by the free healthcare, the free education for their money trees / children...what percentage of wetbacks work for cousin Gustavo’s Tree Trimming business or Aunt Guadalupe’s carniceria off the books for cash?

Then we need to start busting those that hire them in the first place. Make a Felony and then enforce it. Except the Right doesn't want it enforced since companies like Trump Industries hire them on a regular basis far below what they could an American worker. And when the Illegal demands a decent wage, they just call ice and have them rounded up and bring in the next "Shift".

if we seal the border and deport known illegal aliens then beefing up the punishment for KNOWINGLY hiring illegal aliens will have broad support from the republican base

LOL, until we deport 20 million people we can't make it harder for employers to hire them. LOL

If jobs dry up, those 20 million people will deport themselves. Forget fines, throw some employers in jail and those jobs will disappear.

Why chase 20 million aliens when locking up a few employers will have the same effect.
Bullshit

they will drop a few anchor babies and park their ass on welfare

which bleeding heart liberals will be happy to give them

Nobody can live on the minimum amount of welfare minors get. But you know this. This is what is so sad. You know what you say is complete B.S. and it doesn't matter to you.
Try this on for size pknopp

American workers - black btw and maybe new trump voters - wages WENT UP after illegal workers were busted and sent home

Turns Out, Trump’s ‘Evil’ ICE Raids Benefited American Workers

Bullshit

Nobody can live on the minimum amount of welfare minors get. But you know this. This is what is so sad. You know what you say is complete B.S. and it doesn't matter to you.

Bullshit if they can’t...I see it everyday...The human cockroaches live on top of each other 14 people packed in a two bedroom disgusting shithole...they’ll raise goats and chickens in downtown LA on a 25’x40’ lot

LOL. L.A. doesn't allow farm animals downtown.

No. He actually did not. The alternative is unthinkable with Bernie

Sorry, it's hard to keep track of what he says as it changes so often. He said it would be "quickly". As noted, we are going in the opposite direction.

Trump-O-Meter: | PolitiFact
Logically no president can do this in their first term and get re-elected

No one says you get a second term and if you plan on living up to your word, you honor our word. Trump has not.

So what has Trump not honored that he was in total control of? A President or contender for President can only promise what they would like to do. But they can only do what's in their power. We have a complicated process for this. So for a President to keep his promise, he not only has to have the entire Congress behind him, but he must also have the cooperation of the courts, which as we have witnessed, Trump didn't have.

He never presented this great health care plan he had ready to go and that he said everyone was going to love.

It's entirely up to the president to decide to end the wars like he promised. While he can not get his budget passed on his own not a single one is balanced like he promised. Should I continue? No, you'll just be dishonest about it all.

Hussien promised that if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. He promised us families would save 2.5K a year on healthcare insurance. He promised us great coverage with his plan and no more garbage policies. So what did we end up with?

Trump said he was going to get rid of Commie Care, and then replace it with something else. As I stated, a President can only give you what he promised with the cooperation of the majorities in Congress. He didn't have that, and since any government program would rely on tax money, you can't have two programs doing the same thing.

What Warren and Sander's are promising is unrealistic. It's unaffordable and would leave us as slaves to the government. I really don't think anybody has a reasonable solution to our problem.

Bullshit

Try this on for size pknopp

American workers - black btw and maybe new trump voters - wages WENT UP after illegal workers were busted and sent home

Turns Out, Trump’s ‘Evil’ ICE Raids Benefited American Workers

That should be happening 300 times a day all around the country. Despite those in charge saying they have evidence that the employers knew they were hiring illegals not a single owner was busted either.

Busting a business each year does little to nothing. They could be doing that 100's of times a day.

Bullshit

Bullshit if they can’t...I see it everyday...The human cockroaches live on top of each other 14 people packed in a two bedroom disgusting shithole...they’ll raise goats and chickens in downtown LA on a 25’x40’ lot

LOL. L.A. doesn't allow farm animals downtown.

You’re trying real hard...try harder.
When chickens come home to roost next door

Sorry, it's hard to keep track of what he says as it changes so often. He said it would be "quickly". As noted, we are going in the opposite direction.

No one says you get a second term and if you plan on living up to your word, you honor our word. Trump has not.

So what has Trump not honored that he was in total control of? A President or contender for President can only promise what they would like to do. But they can only do what's in their power. We have a complicated process for this. So for a President to keep his promise, he not only has to have the entire Congress behind him, but he must also have the cooperation of the courts, which as we have witnessed, Trump didn't have.

He never presented this great health care plan he had ready to go and that he said everyone was going to love.

It's entirely up to the president to decide to end the wars like he promised. While he can not get his budget passed on his own not a single one is balanced like he promised. Should I continue? No, you'll just be dishonest about it all.

Hussien promised that if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. He promised us families would save 2.5K a year on healthcare insurance. He promised us great coverage with his plan and no more garbage policies. So what did we end up with?

Trump said he was going to get rid of Commie Care, and then replace it with something else. As I stated, a President can only give you what he promised with the cooperation of the majorities in Congress. He didn't have that, and since any government program would rely on tax money, you can't have two programs doing the same thing.

What Warren and Sander's are promising is unrealistic. It's unaffordable and would leave us as slaves to the government. I really don't think anybody has a reasonable solution to our problem.

What you are saying that we should just pack it in, quit, turn out the lights, it's hopeless.

What you are saying that we should just pack it in, quit, turn out the lights, it's hopeless.

I don't think it is because we can always come up with something better. But it's so complex that would be a hell of a challenge.

We've been doing it wrong all along. The first step is to lower the cost of healthcare, and then decide how we pay for it. But the costs are what needs to be addressed first, and thus far, nobody has been able to do that, not a President, not a House member, not a Senate member.

I kept my doctor and insurance. So did over 98 percent of Americans

Trump stated before he was elected that he had a plan that was better and cheaper than Obamacare. Turned out he had nothing and ordered Congress to come up with something and they failed miserably

Who told the bigger lie?

Of course this is common sense legislation, but as we all know, Democrats lack that gift. They would rather see American business people locked up behind bars because their claim is those employers attract illegals to our country, but making them comfortable by issuing drivers licenses so they can get drunk and kill Americans is not luring them in.

Uh, Dummy. Nobody is coming here so they can drive. They are coming here for jobs.

Trump stated before he was elected that he had a plan that was better and cheaper than Obamacare. Turned out he had nothing and ordered Congress to come up with something and they failed miserably

Who told the bigger lie?

They both told a lie. And no, 98% of the people didn't keep their doctor or hospital. Trump stated that Commie Care had to be gone first before we can do anything. So he was more truthful than Hussein because he couldn't get rid of it.

Of course this is common sense legislation, but as we all know, Democrats lack that gift. They would rather see American business people locked up behind bars because their claim is those employers attract illegals to our country, but making them comfortable by issuing drivers licenses so they can get drunk and kill Americans is not luring them in.

Uh, Dummy. Nobody is coming here so they can drive. They are coming here for jobs.

It's estimated we have over 20 million illegals in this country. Do you think that all or most illegals have a job? People don't come here to drive, but it makes coming here much more attractive.

It's estimated we have over 20 million illegals in this country. Do you think that all or most illegals have a job? People don't come here to drive, but it makes coming here much more attractive.

First, the number is closer to 11 million.

Second, most of the adults do have jobs. The children certainly aren't here to drive.

YOu probably think they are coming here to annoy you personally.

"Hey, Paco, I think there's some old fat bigot in Cleveland we can really annoy if we move up there. Let's play our music too loud."

Second, most of the adults do have jobs. The children certainly aren't here to drive.

"Hey, Paco, I think there's some old fat bigot in Cleveland we can really annoy if we move up there. Let's play our music too loud."

If somebody is going to break into your home, you don't make them a fresh pot of coffee. They didn't come for your coffee, but it sure is nice to have a cup after they rob you.

I seriously doubt most businesses deal with hiring illegals. They come here for all kinds of reasons, one of them to drop anchor babies. But the left is against stopping that, the left is against the feds hauling them off to deportation, the left is against making their stay here as uncomfortable as they can, just focus on businesses because the left has hated businesses since they were born. So throw those evil business people in jail because we hate them, and let the illegals out into the roads so they can get drunk and kill your family.

And guess who pays for their insurance?

Once illegals have licenses they can buy insurance
Illegals don't bother with insurance.

Then they can’t register the vehicle or provide proof of insurance if stopped. Leaves them open to impounding the vehicle if stopped
I don't know about other states but california has not required proof of insurance for registration for years. We did at one time but it ended badly. Illegals would put $50.00 down as a binder and get the form to be filed with the registration. They never made another payment. The insurance was cancelled. The car was still registered. This led to a huge increase in fraudulent off shore insurance companies who never provided any real insurance. They were just selling the forms for $50.00 each. If you are stopped you must provide insurance or the cop will give you a ticket. Cars are no longer impounded unless your registration shows several tickets.

Illegals really don't concern themselves with impounding the car. If in an accident they will just run off anyway. The cars they drive have more value as scrap than as vehicles.

If somebody is going to break into your home, you don't make them a fresh pot of coffee. They didn't come for your coffee, but it sure is nice to have a cup after they rob you.

I seriously doubt most businesses deal with hiring illegals. They come here for all kinds of reasons, one of them to drop anchor babies. But the left is against stopping that, the left is against the feds hauling them off to deportation, the left is against making their stay here as uncomfortable as they can, just focus on businesses because the left has hated businesses since they were born. So throw those evil business people in jail because we hate them, and let the illegals out into the roads so they can get drunk and kill your family.

Like all LefTarded wetback lovers JoeB131 wouldn't offer coffee to the intruders nor would he ask them to stay....He just expects you and I to do it...He’s so fucking noble....he’s prepared to save the world while armed with OUR checkbooks. That’s how the severely LefTarded roll.

Who told the bigger lie?
My son and daughter in law lost their insurance. They were forced into a shitstain obamacare package where they had to pay for childbirth, well baby care and lactation services. The new insurance cost more than their old and replaced the coverage they wanted with coverage they didn't want and would never need.

Republicans in the House and the Senate are introducing legislation that would block federal funds from states that allow illegal immigrants to obtain driver’s licenses -- the latest move in an escalating fight over “sanctuary” laws.

The Stop Greenlighting Driver Licenses for Illegal Immigrants Act would block funds to sanctuary states -- which limit local cooperation with federal immigration authorities -- and those that give licenses to illegal immigrants. Specifically, it would halt Justice Department (DOJ) grants, in particular those awarded under the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant, which is a top source of federal criminal justice funding for states.

The bicameral legislation comes amid a growing fight over sanctuary legislation. The Trump administration has been attempting to highlight attention to the dangers of the policy and has been shining light on cases whereby illegal immigrants have killed Americans.

“The United States of America should be a sanctuary for law-abiding Americans, not criminal aliens,” Trump said at his State of the Union address last week. Read more:

Republicans introduce bill to pull funds from states that give driver's licenses to illegal immigrants

With the Democrat House, it stands no chance of passing. But if there is a turnover in leadership after next election, I do hope Republicans don't let this bill remain defeated as they did with Kate's Law never to bring it up again. We'll see.

Not impressed. The republicans are doing like they did with Obamacare. They are only putting the bill foward because they know it will die. Watch them get the majority back in the house and do nothing just like they always do.

I don't know about "always do" but I do share your concern. It's my hope that the Republican party seen the backlash against the establishment by electing Trump. This measure is something I support (and I'm sure most conservatives do). Given the fact that the Democrats are most likely not gong to sign on to this, we will see what happens if the Republicans get leadership of the House as well.

If they squander the opportunity again I'll never vote for another republican again.

Republicans in the House and the Senate are introducing legislation that would block federal funds from states that allow illegal immigrants to obtain driver’s licenses -- the latest move in an escalating fight over “sanctuary” laws.

The Stop Greenlighting Driver Licenses for Illegal Immigrants Act would block funds to sanctuary states -- which limit local cooperation with federal immigration authorities -- and those that give licenses to illegal immigrants. Specifically, it would halt Justice Department (DOJ) grants, in particular those awarded under the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant, which is a top source of federal criminal justice funding for states.

The bicameral legislation comes amid a growing fight over sanctuary legislation. The Trump administration has been attempting to highlight attention to the dangers of the policy and has been shining light on cases whereby illegal immigrants have killed Americans.

“The United States of America should be a sanctuary for law-abiding Americans, not criminal aliens,” Trump said at his State of the Union address last week. Read more:

Republicans introduce bill to pull funds from states that give driver's licenses to illegal immigrants

With the Democrat House, it stands no chance of passing. But if there is a turnover in leadership after next election, I do hope Republicans don't let this bill remain defeated as they did with Kate's Law never to bring it up again. We'll see.

Not impressed. The republicans are doing like they did with Obamacare. They are only putting the bill foward because they know it will die. Watch them get the majority back in the house and do nothing just like they always do.

I don't know about "always do" but I do share your concern. It's my hope that the Republican party seen the backlash against the establishment by electing Trump. This measure is something I support (and I'm sure most conservatives do). Given the fact that the Democrats are most likely not gong to sign on to this, we will see what happens if the Republicans get leadership of the House as well.

If they squander the opportunity again I'll never vote for another republican again.

As Jeff Flake and John McShitstain proved...a senate or house majority can often be worthless with pieces of shit RHINO’s looking out for Mexico’s best interests.

Like all LefTarded wetback lovers JoeB131 wouldn't offer coffee to the intruders nor would he ask them to stay....He just expects you and I to do it...He’s so fucking noble....he’s prepared to save the world while armed with OUR checkbooks. That’s how the severely LefTarded roll.

They are just using illegals to get even with businesses. In every other aspect, they make it more inviting for illegals to come here: sanctuary cities, sanctuary states, free education, drivers licenses, welfare for their kids, warning illegals when ICE plans to raid one of those evil businesses, fighting against the wall, just a huge WELCOME mat on our southern border.

Forum List

Back