Republican Congressman Introduces Legislation to Strip Convicted Rioters of Federal Welfare Benefits

This will last about 5 minutes in a Federal Court. Let me guess, it was co-sponsored by Larry, Mo and Curly.
you just named prune face pelosi--the hemorrhoid in her ass schumer and last but not least BEIJING joe...way to go---those names arent associated with anybody but the demoncrats

Are you saying you support the bill? Are you so eaten up with your head so far up Rumps Rectum that you can't see the long term pitfalls?

Or that you can't see the benefits. The only way to stop or reduce crime is a strong enough deterrent.

It can be misused is the problem. And who is going to make the determination of who is and who isn't, what is the time limit, etc.. It can easily be used to silence the other side. Yes, even the left can use it to silence the right. Wow, can you imagine if the VFW were all of a sudden deemed to be Looters and Rioters? I know that sounds extreme but using that same law, it can become a reality. America won't be destroyed from outside, but from inside and that would be just another way that a strongman (or woman) could use to cement power.

You either have an extremely short memory or didn't read the OP. The bill stated those who are convicted of rioting would be subject to benefit loss provided to those affected by the virus. So it's the judge or jury would would make the call of guilty or not guilty.

If you read my last response, you would see that the Feds can't make that call. It's clearly a States call.

No, because the bill is for federal benefits, not state. It does not say all unemployment benefits, it says the federal unemployment benefits. If you are found guilty in a court of law for rioting, you lose those benefits.

If you are convicted of a Felonious charge and you spend time in the hoosgow, you don't get any benefits at all during the time you are jailed. Plus, you will lose certain rights as well for life in many states. Rioting is a felony about anywhere you go. Yes,, it can be soft pedaled by a Judge down to a lesser charge but unless it's still a felony, that citizen has the same rights as every other citizen. And it's the State that determines if it's a Felony or not. And Rioting around here IS a felony if you are convicted. Temporary loss of that federal funds that aren't there right now is the least of your worries. I think your new Husband name Bubba should worry you a bit more.

This will last about 5 minutes in a Federal Court. Let me guess, it was co-sponsored by Larry, Mo and Curly.
you just named prune face pelosi--the hemorrhoid in her ass schumer and last but not least BEIJING joe...way to go---those names arent associated with anybody but the demoncrats

Are you saying you support the bill? Are you so eaten up with your head so far up Rumps Rectum that you can't see the long term pitfalls?
i can sense the worry in your comment---and also, telling by your comment, you must have your brain so far up prune face pelosis ass...that you cant think for yourself---just saying

I think in legal terms. A law has to be clear and concise and should not be susseptible to misinterpretation. No law should be passed that has to immediately ruled on by a court of law. This one doesn't meet that criteria. Your head is so far up Rumps Rectum that you believe anything that comes out of a Rumpsters Ass is correct. And it won't get past any committee if it even gets that far. Not every Rumpster in the House is dumb enough to vote Yay on this thing.
bain dead answer

Yah,, following the law doesn't apply to a Rumpster. And anyone that demands that you do is brain dead. Hey, I can live with that. Like millions, we will all remember that on November 3rd.
and be disappointed on november 4th

You being disappointed on November 4th isn't my problem. Maybe they will have a sauve or ointment at Walmart in the As Seen on TV section to help you.
Yeah. Well, hang on to your pussyhat anyway.

One of my Hats is a Service cap from the United States Air Force and I am authorized to wear it on special occasions. Plus, instead of placing my hand over my heart when the Anthem is played, I have the option to salute. I took an oath 5 times (the same oath) and no one told me that I had to no longer believe in it. And that is the problem you have with me. And millions like me. You want to call yourself a Patriot but you haven't paid enough for the right. It's a right you have to earn. You haven't paid it. That's makes you a foul mouthed freeloader.
I was talking about your pussyhat. You're going to need it. I don't care about the others.

Funny, you say things in here that you would never say in person. Guess it tells us all who the real pussy is. I don't say a damned thing in here I wouldn't say in person.
Yes, I'm sure you're very manly, but hang on to that pussyhat anyway.
then you should question your demoncrat buddies and ask them why they omitted UNDER GOD a couple times during the pledge at their circus convention or were you lying when you took the oath however many times---just saying

Bringing that up says you never served. A person taking the Oath is not required to say the last phrase. It's optional. Atheists and other religions serve with honor as well. It gets replaced with "I so affirm". Contrary to popular belief, there are atheists in foxholes. But there has been one hell of a lot of conversions on the spot though.

For Officers
I ___, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God. (Title 5 U.S. Code 3331, an individual, except the President, elected or appointed to an office of honor or profit in the civil service or uniformed services)

For Enlisted
I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

You bring up the Pledge of Allegiance. You don't say it but that's what you are saying. In my lifetime 2 states have been added and 2 words have been added to the Pledge. Yes, in my lifetime. When I first heard it, those two words weren't there. The year that those two words were added: "Under God" was 1954. Eisenhower was encouraged to request Congress to add those two words during the 2nd Red Scare. It was the fear of Communism. Below is Red Skelton doing his wonderful insightful take on the Pledge of Allegiance. If I had my way, it would be a required video in ALL middle schools. It makes me proud of what I have done for America and ashamed for what America has become. And I want to bring back honor to America in my lifetime. No matter what your political beliefs are, this deserves a listen to. It's from 1969 before the complete erosion of the Nation took such a hard turn.

shows you nothing...ret.--any more stupid guesses. anyhow, the question was did you lie when you took the oath. pretty simple

Or that you can't see the benefits. The only way to stop or reduce crime is a strong enough deterrent.

It can be misused is the problem. And who is going to make the determination of who is and who isn't, what is the time limit, etc.. It can easily be used to silence the other side. Yes, even the left can use it to silence the right. Wow, can you imagine if the VFW were all of a sudden deemed to be Looters and Rioters? I know that sounds extreme but using that same law, it can become a reality. America won't be destroyed from outside, but from inside and that would be just another way that a strongman (or woman) could use to cement power.

You either have an extremely short memory or didn't read the OP. The bill stated those who are convicted of rioting would be subject to benefit loss provided to those affected by the virus. So it's the judge or jury would would make the call of guilty or not guilty.

If you read my last response, you would see that the Feds can't make that call. It's clearly a States call.

No, because the bill is for federal benefits, not state. It does not say all unemployment benefits, it says the federal unemployment benefits. If you are found guilty in a court of law for rioting, you lose those benefits.

If you are convicted of a Felonious charge and you spend time in the hoosgow, you don't get any benefits at all during the time you are jailed. Plus, you will lose certain rights as well for life in many states. Rioting is a felony about anywhere you go. Yes,, it can be soft pedaled by a Judge down to a lesser charge but unless it's still a felony, that citizen has the same rights as every other citizen. And it's the State that determines if it's a Felony or not. And Rioting around here IS a felony if you are convicted. Temporary loss of that federal funds that aren't there right now is the least of your worries. I think your new Husband name Bubba should worry you a bit more.
wow--this guy has an answer for everything---thats not asked

True, but until that time comes which in some cases are months, you want to rake in as much as you can. Some charges can be fought, for instance, if you only broke a store window. That's participating in a riot and I doubt you're going to go to prison for that even if the charge sticks. Or maybe you threw a rock through a police car window. You might spend a week or so in a local jail and have to pay restitution.

If you're trying to burn a place down, now losing benefits is the least of your problems. If and when caught, you are going away for a few years.

...If Progs win in November and fly over state Repubs act up by protesting and then rioting, will you accept it? Destroying infrastructure of course as part of the riot agenda.
You will abide by the results of the general election of November 3, 2020 and you will continue to obey the laws of the United States.

Guaranteed.

Moving on...

Why would you want to act-out and come-off look like a$$hole$, the way THEY do?

And what does any of that have to do with whether or not government directives for wearing masks constitute a Kornspiracy of some kind?

If you're trying to burn a place down, now losing benefits is the least of your problems. If and when caught, you are going away for a few years.

Actually, I don't see any difference in walking along and calmly breaking windows to keep the tensions high and trying to burn the place down when you are listed as a domestic terrorist. And I think that is the approach we should be taking. To some, it's a game. To some, it's a business. To some it's a political tool. If there is a group that is doing those things, sweep in, arrest them, take them to the ground, zip tie them and transport them to jail. Then get them off the streets for the next 10 to 25 years. All the reasons that they were doing this just became moot and so did all the "Benefits". The States have the powers and the available force to get this done. And someone tell Rump to shut his F^^&ing mouth.

Actually, I don't see any difference in walking along and calmly breaking windows to keep the tensions high and trying to burn the place down when you are listed as a domestic terrorist. And I think that is the approach we should be taking. To some, it's a game. To some, it's a business. To some it's a political tool. If there is a group that is doing those things, sweep in, arrest them, take them to the ground, zip tie them and transport them to jail. Then get them off the streets for the next 10 to 25 years. All the reasons that they were doing this just became moot and so did all the "Benefits". The States have the powers and the available force to get this done. And someone tell Rump to shut his F^^&ing mouth.

Unless it's a federal offense, one size does not fit all. Somebody who went to protest but got persuaded to join in the fun of rioting by breaking a window is not going to get the same sentence as somebody who committed arson. Two different crimes. But if you really believe it won't have an effect, then what's the problem? Let's see them pass the law since it won't deter anybody from rioting anyway.

Unless it's a federal offense, one size does not fit all. Somebody who went to protest but got persuaded to join in the fun of rioting by breaking a window is not going to get the same sentence as somebody who committed arson. Two different crimes. But if you really believe it won't have an effect, then what's the problem? Let's see them pass the law since it won't deter anybody from rioting anyway.

If I see someone breaking windows, it's in my gene pool to attempt to get them to stop, not to join in in the fun. Both are there to do one thing and one thing only, to perpetuate others to join in. Rioting is Rioting and should be handle the same way. Chances are, like in the person walking along and calmly breaking windows (probably there to keep things stirred up) He or She isn't part of the actual protesting group. He is there to keep the "Fires" burning. I notice that many in here from the RTwing camp deny the Umbrella Man but when I see that type of activity I know that he's a rtwinger there to keep things stirred up. Those are active Instigators and should be treated exactly like the dude throwing gasoline on a cop car. The only difference is is the item damaged. The actual target is to escalate the violence and try and get others to join in. And that is a worse crime than the actual broken window or the burning cop car.

Yah, some ultra left winger I am. But the Cops need to get those types off the streets and into the prisons. But if those types aren't present then the Cops need to stand tall and easy and allow the Protesters to get their message out peacefully. Gassing the Mayor in Portland was way over the top when they should have been over overwhelming the violent rioters trying to burn a stone and cement building down (good luck with that).

If I see someone breaking windows, it's in my gene pool to attempt to get them to stop, not to join in in the fun. Both are there to do one thing and one thing only, to perpetuate others to join in. Rioting is Rioting and should be handle the same way. Chances are, like in the person walking along and calmly breaking windows (probably there to keep things stirred up) He or She isn't part of the actual protesting group. He is there to keep the "Fires" burning. I notice that many in here from the RTwing camp deny the Umbrella Man but when I see that type of activity I know that he's a rtwinger there to keep things stirred up. Those are active Instigators and should be treated exactly like the dude throwing gasoline on a cop car. The only difference is is the item damaged. The actual target is to escalate the violence and try and get others to join in. And that is a worse crime than the actual broken window or the burning cop car.

Yah, some ultra left winger I am. But the Cops need to get those types off the streets and into the prisons. But if those types aren't present then the Cops need to stand tall and easy and allow the Protesters to get their message out peacefully. Gassing the Mayor in Portland was way over the top when they should have been over overwhelming the violent rioters trying to burn a stone and cement building down (good luck with that).

Oh geez. That was a photo-op and you know it. They Mayor had it planned that way.

No, we have different penalties for different crimes. You are not going to face 20 years in prison for stealing a bag of candy from a store as you would getting a gun and robbing them for all their cash. Yes, they are both theft, but different levels of theft.

Same thing with these kids rioting. They may have had no intent of participating, but they got caught up in the moment and threw a rock through a window amid all the excitement. We can't charge that person the same as an arsonist or looter. We can't put that person in prison for ten years over a window, and make it damn near impossible for them to work the rest of their life because they now have a record. We all did stupid things as kids. Spend a few days in jail, get charged for participating in a riot, and also lose your Covid benefits. When you get out, pay for the stupid window.

Oh geez. That was a photo-op and you know it. They Mayor had it planned that way.

No, we have different penalties for different crimes. You are not going to face 20 years in prison for stealing a bag of candy from a store as you would getting a gun and robbing them for all their cash. Yes, they are both theft, but different levels of theft.

Same thing with these kids rioting. They may have had no intent of participating, but they got caught up in the moment and threw a rock through a window amid all the excitement. We can't charge that person the same as an arsonist or looter. We can't put that person in prison for ten years over a window, and make it damn near impossible for them to work the rest of their life because they now have a record. We all did stupid things as kids. Spend a few days in jail, get charged for participating in a riot, and also lose your Covid benefits. When you get out, pay for the stupid window.

Those Riots aren't a bunch of kids on a lark. I love that a bunch of Mothers are out there Protesting. Try doing something like picking up a rock and the person standing next to you sends you to your room. You are talking about Minors. Most of the Rioters are NOT minors. They are adults. The Minors go to Juvie Court but the Adults get the full brunt of the adult court. The Minors don't get the Covid Benefits, their Parents do. The Minor can probably be scared straight if it's done properly. The Adult needs to go away for awhile and be charged with a Felony.

And yes, the Mayor did a Photo op. And he made his point. The Feds were out of control and spending too much effort on peaceful protesters on CITY property and not enough on actually protecting against the actual rioters.

Those Riots aren't a bunch of kids on a lark. I love that a bunch of Mothers are out there Protesting. Try doing something like picking up a rock and the person standing next to you sends you to your room. You are talking about Minors. Most of the Rioters are NOT minors. They are adults. The Minors go to Juvie Court but the Adults get the full brunt of the adult court. The Minors don't get the Covid Benefits, their Parents do. The Minor can probably be scared straight if it's done properly. The Adult needs to go away for awhile and be charged with a Felony.

And yes, the Mayor did a Photo op. And he made his point. The Feds were out of control and spending too much effort on peaceful protesters on CITY property and not enough on actually protecting against the actual rioters.

They were only there to protect federal property, not to move against the rioters. For the feds to do that, the Mayor would need to make a formal request to the President for assistance, which not one Democrat Mayor or Governor did.

Don't take everything I say so literally. At this age, people in their 20's are kids to me.

They were only there to protect federal property, not to move against the rioters. For the feds to do that, the Mayor would need to make a formal request to the President for assistance, which not one Democrat Mayor or Governor did.

Don't take everything I say so literally. At this age, people in their 20's are kids to me.

The fact remains, the Mayor and his group of Protesters were behind the fence on City Property and not a threat and should never have been gassed. Meanwhile, at a location within eyesight another group was launching fireworks and throwing moletovs. I wonder what the morning briefing to the Security Troops were that day?

There are no constitutional right to loot, burn and riot.

So we disignate the Marching Mothers as Looters and Rioters and remove any and all financial support and charge them for the bogus arrest. What's next, we decide that the VFW are potential Looters and Rioters?

Let's just look at what they do. Look at the streets of Kenosha after a week of liberals peacefully protesting. Child molesters in the mob attacked a young boy , Kyle, he defended himself and now its the Victim that is being persecuted. While hundreds of thugs aren't even charged.

IMHO, Rittenhouse's lawyer should demand material witness warrants on every liberal in the mob so they can testify. Round them up, and get them on the stand. They were at the event where the people were shot to death.

'Round them up'. Lol. :auiqs.jpg: Spoken like a true facist (because, let's be honest, Cult45 is littered with them). Why don't you take your tyrannical screed and roundly stick it up your ass? Stop watching violence porn and get on the right side of the American history for once.

So we disignate the Marching Mothers as Looters and Rioters and remove any and all financial support and charge them for the bogus arrest. What's next, we decide that the VFW are potential Looters and Rioters?

Let's just look at what they do. Look at the streets of Kenosha after a week of liberals peacefully protesting. Child molesters in the mob attacked a young boy , Kyle, he defended himself and now its the Victim that is being persecuted. While hundreds of thugs aren't even charged.

IMHO, Rittenhouse's lawyer should demand material witness warrants on every liberal in the mob so they can testify. Round them up, and get them on the stand. They were at the event where the people were shot to death.

'Round them up'. Lol. :auiqs.jpg: Spoken like a true facist (because, let's be honest, Cult45 is littered with them). Why don't you take your tyrannical screed and roundly stick it up your ass? Stop watching violence porn and get on the right side of the American history for once.

According to the Constitution, young Kyle is ENTITLED to "compulsory process for witnesses in his favor" (the 8th Amendment). And the people who were in attendance at the riot are witnesses that will show Kyle's innocence.

Apparently you are the one unfamiliar with the US constitution.

According to the Constitution, young Kyle is ENTITLED to "compulsory process for witnesses in his favor" (the 8th Amendment). And the people who were in attendance at the riot are witnesses that will show Kyle's innocence.

Kyle should not have been there and should not have been armed in the first place. He incited the violence just by his presence. You have no idea what this has caused or the long and short ranged repercussions. If you wanted wholesale blood on the streets, you may get your wish. And trust me, a lot of innocent and Professional People will by for your stupidity.

The wannabe vigilante got exactly what he wanted: a response. Unfortunately, that response is incarceration.

The wannabe vigilante got exactly what he wanted: a response. Unfortunately, that response is incarceration.

I am sure you hope so, but my guess is that this minor child will be exonerated if the case makes it to court.

The fact remains, the Mayor and his group of Protesters were behind the fence on City Property and not a threat and should never have been gassed. Meanwhile, at a location within eyesight another group was launching fireworks and throwing moletovs. I wonder what the morning briefing to the Security Troops were that day?

I don't know why they needed tear gas, but it was far from the first time, and I don't think they'd use it if they didn't need it. The feds were there to only stop vandalism of the courthouse, so I don't know where these molotov's were being thrown at.

I don't know why they needed tear gas, but it was far from the first time, and I don't think they'd use it if they didn't need it. The feds were there to only stop vandalism of the courthouse, so I don't know where these molotov's were being thrown at.

Watching the vids of the Mayor being gassed, you could see it in the background about a 100 yds away. It appears that the Security were also there for a Photo Op as well and to keep the violence going.

Watching the vids of the Mayor being gassed, you could see it in the background about a 100 yds away. It appears that the Security were also there for a Photo Op as well and to keep the violence going.

100 yards? You can't even see 100 feet. I watched several videos and all they had was a closeup of the Mayor coughing it up. You can hear small explosions in the background, but I don't know if that was their tear gas launchers or the rioters throwing shit over the fence. I'm guessing the latter.

Forum List

Back