Republican Senators send a letter to Iran. Wow. Damn!

Here’s a list of the GOP senators who signed the Iran letter

The letter, spearheaded by Sen. Tom Cotton, was signed by 47 Republican senators. Seven GOP senators did not sign. Here's who signed:

Signatories:
Richard Shelby (Ala.)
Jeff Sessions (Ala.)
Dan Sullivan (Alaska)
John McCain (Ariz.)
John Boozman (Ark.)
Tom Cotton (Ark.)
Cory Gardner (Colo.)
Marco Rubio (Fla.)
Johnny Isakson (Ga.)
David Perdue (Ga.)
Mike Crapo (Idaho)
Jim Risch (Idaho)
Mark Kirk (Ill.)
Chuck Grassley (Iowa)
Joni Ernst (Iowa)
Pat Roberts (Kansas)
Jerry Moran (Kansas)
Mitch McConnell (Ky.)
Rand Paul (Ky.)
David Vitter (La.)
Bill Cassidy (La.)
Roger Wicker (Miss.)
Roy Blunt (Mo.)
Steve Daines (Mont.)
Deb Fischer (Neb.)
Ben Sasse (Neb.)
Dean Heller (Nev.)
Kelly Ayotte (N.H.)
Richard Burr (N.C.)
Thom Tillis (N.C.)
John Hoeven (N.D.)
Rob Portman (Ohio)
Jim Inhofe (Okla.)
James Lankford (Okla.)
Pat Toomey (Pa.)
Lindsey Graham (S.C.)
Tim Scott (S.C.)
John Thune (S.D.)
Mike Rounds (S.D.)
John Cornyn (Texas)
Ted Cruz (Texas)
Orin Hatch (Utah)
Mike Lee (Utah)
Shelley Moore Capito (W.V.)
Ron Johnson (Wis.)
Mike Enzi (Wyo.)
John Barrasso (Wyo.)

Did not sign:
Lisa Murkowski (Alaska)
Jeff Flake (Ariz.)
Daniel Coats (Ind.)
Susan Collins (Maine)
Thad Cochran (Miss.)
Lamar Alexander (Tenn.)
Bob Corker (Tenn.)

Here's a list of the GOP senators who signed the Iran letter - The Washington Post

Is your Senator on the list?

Yes. He just guaranteed not getting my vote again.

The scary part of that list is some of the people who signed that letter are people I consider(ed) rational conservatives not prone to neocolonial or reactionary views.

I would have never guessed so many would do something so dumb. I'm really scared we have these people as leaders.

And Rand Paul was the only republican planning to run that I liked. Not after this stunt.

The letter, spearheaded by Sen. Tom Cotton, was signed by 47 Republican senators. Seven GOP senators did not sign. Here's who signed:

Signatories:
Richard Shelby (Ala.)
Jeff Sessions (Ala.)
Dan Sullivan (Alaska)
John McCain (Ariz.)
John Boozman (Ark.)
Tom Cotton (Ark.)
Cory Gardner (Colo.)
Marco Rubio (Fla.)
Johnny Isakson (Ga.)
David Perdue (Ga.)
Mike Crapo (Idaho)
Jim Risch (Idaho)
Mark Kirk (Ill.)
Chuck Grassley (Iowa)
Joni Ernst (Iowa)
Pat Roberts (Kansas)
Jerry Moran (Kansas)
Mitch McConnell (Ky.)
Rand Paul (Ky.)
David Vitter (La.)
Bill Cassidy (La.)
Roger Wicker (Miss.)
Roy Blunt (Mo.)
Steve Daines (Mont.)
Deb Fischer (Neb.)
Ben Sasse (Neb.)
Dean Heller (Nev.)
Kelly Ayotte (N.H.)
Richard Burr (N.C.)
Thom Tillis (N.C.)
John Hoeven (N.D.)
Rob Portman (Ohio)
Jim Inhofe (Okla.)
James Lankford (Okla.)
Pat Toomey (Pa.)
Lindsey Graham (S.C.)
Tim Scott (S.C.)
John Thune (S.D.)
Mike Rounds (S.D.)
John Cornyn (Texas)
Ted Cruz (Texas)
Orin Hatch (Utah)
Mike Lee (Utah)
Ron Johnson (Wis.)
Mike Enzi (Wyo.)
John Barrasso (Wyo.)

Did not sign:
Lisa Murkowski (Alaska)
Jeff Flake (Ariz.)
Daniel Coats (Ind.)
Susan Collins (Maine)
Thad Cochran (Miss.)
Lamar Alexander (Tenn.)
Bob Corker (Tenn.)

Here's a list of the GOP senators who signed the Iran letter - The Washington Post

Both of mine are on the list and guaranteed my vote.
One from Florida has my support in future endeavors as well.

Those senators just "kissed goodbye" their own chances of ever running for the WH....and perhaps even their re-election for that seat ...can you picture the opponents' ads?

Also, you may have noticed that other right wing governors who were ....at first....clamoring to also sign the letter (Perry, Walker, Gindhal) have since backed away....LOL

Signatories:
Richard Shelby (Ala.)
Jeff Sessions (Ala.)
Dan Sullivan (Alaska)
John McCain (Ariz.)
John Boozman (Ark.)
Tom Cotton (Ark.)
Cory Gardner (Colo.)
Marco Rubio (Fla.)
Johnny Isakson (Ga.)
David Perdue (Ga.)
Mike Crapo (Idaho)
Jim Risch (Idaho)
Mark Kirk (Ill.)
Chuck Grassley (Iowa)
Joni Ernst (Iowa)
Pat Roberts (Kansas)
Jerry Moran (Kansas)
Mitch McConnell (Ky.)
Rand Paul (Ky.)
David Vitter (La.)
Bill Cassidy (La.)
Roger Wicker (Miss.)
Roy Blunt (Mo.)
Steve Daines (Mont.)
Deb Fischer (Neb.)
Ben Sasse (Neb.)
Dean Heller (Nev.)
Kelly Ayotte (N.H.)
Richard Burr (N.C.)
Thom Tillis (N.C.)
John Hoeven (N.D.)
Rob Portman (Ohio)
Jim Inhofe (Okla.)
James Lankford (Okla.)
Pat Toomey (Pa.)
Lindsey Graham (S.C.)
Tim Scott (S.C.)
John Thune (S.D.)
Mike Rounds (S.D.)
John Cornyn (Texas)
Ted Cruz (Texas)
Orin Hatch (Utah)
Mike Lee (Utah)
Ron Johnson (Wis.)
Mike Enzi (Wyo.)
John Barrasso (Wyo.)

Did not sign:
Lisa Murkowski (Alaska)
Jeff Flake (Ariz.)
Daniel Coats (Ind.)
Susan Collins (Maine)
Thad Cochran (Miss.)
Lamar Alexander (Tenn.)
Bob Corker (Tenn.)

How's life on the antebellum plantation, Joe.

You libs sure have short memories. Hillary Clinton threatened to "obliterate" Iran and Joe Biden called Obama "naïve" for his ideas on dealing with Iran. The GOP sent Iran a letter vs a threat to obliterate them :eusa_think:

Unlike you right wing dingbats, we readily admit that many democrats make tons of mistakes when speaking off-the-cuff.....However, NO OTHER PARTY, like the tea-baggers known as the senate GOPers has ever had the utter stupidity to send a seditious letter to those we are trying to reach a worthwhile agreement......and all this, to please their rich donors and to show their rabid hatred of Obama as a "badge-of-courage."

"off-the-cuff" lol so when Hillary makes that statement then backs it up several times when questioned about it, backs it up in a debate that's off the cuff? lol You are just mad because I rubbed your nose in it, well get a good long whiff that's the rotted festering stench of liberal hypocrisy.

603847_807494002639881_2556797815140872676_n.jpg

The madness is to think the US has any say in how another country regulates its affairs. Look where it's got you.

LOL! Where's that? And please, be as specific as your intellectual limitations allow.
Looking under your beds for 'Radical Islamists' among the dust bunnies.

ROFL!!

Now how ADORABLE is THAT?

(The Reader will recall our discussion regarding the Perverse Species of human reasoning which results in all manner of human deviancy, from sexual abnormality to the 'belief' that one is entitled to the property of other people based upon their existence, thus their need; all of which stemming from the cognitive deviation wherein the individual lacks the means to discern the distinction between reality and fiction; or truth and falsity; OR that the individual simply holds no regard for what distinction they are capable of sensing, which is the most commonly found presentation of the disorder.

What you witnessed in the public profession cited above, is a position wherein the individual pretends that 'Radical Islam'; which is to say 'Islam' is little more than a specter, a manifestation of the mind which doesn't actually exist in reality.

They may or may not believe what they've said, but in terms of their being worthy of trust from your perspective as a reader, is irrelevant. In that if they do believe, they're insane... thus unworthy of trust. If they don't actually believe it and are advising you that its true, then they're a liar... thus unworthy of trust.)

See how that works?

You're the one squealing that Iran has been enabled.

LOL! You act as if that is a debatable point.

obama has enabled Iran to pursue the development of Nuclear Weapons, he enabled the Muslim Brotherhood to stand in governance of Egypt, he's enabled the founding if ISIS, he enabled ISIS to raid the US Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi, he enabled the cover up of his enabling of ISIS, he enabled the Justice Department to sell High Powered Semi-Automatic Rifles to Mexican Drug Cartels and Gangs, known to them as international mass-murderers, kidnappers, drug wholesalers and retailers, all toward the goal of framing innocent US Citizens for the sales of guns to those known criminal entities, conspiring with the media to blame the US Gun Industry for such on the basis of greed and a lack of concern for the lives of innocent people... all of which obama and holder were BOTH AXIOMATICALLY GUILTY... he enabled the IRS to infringe upon the rights of innocent US Citizens from freely practicing their Constitutionally protected, God-given rights to peaceably assemble toward the establishing of an effective political organization... and so on and so forth.

(Again Reader, the same contributor comes to demonstrate their own intellectual limitations in terms of discerning truth, from fiction.

IF they believe that Iran, who has built VAST UNDERGROUND FACILITIES... for the purpose of processing nuclear material into material suitable for Nuclear weapons... has NOT been enabled to do so, as evidenced by their having DONE SO, then... they're delusional, thus unworthy of trust.

IF they do not believe it, but have advised you to believe it, then they're a liar... and unworthy of trust.)

Signatories:
Richard Shelby (Ala.)
Jeff Sessions (Ala.)
Dan Sullivan (Alaska)
John McCain (Ariz.)
John Boozman (Ark.)
Tom Cotton (Ark.)
Cory Gardner (Colo.)
Marco Rubio (Fla.)
Johnny Isakson (Ga.)
David Perdue (Ga.)
Mike Crapo (Idaho)
Jim Risch (Idaho)
Mark Kirk (Ill.)
Chuck Grassley (Iowa)
Joni Ernst (Iowa)
Pat Roberts (Kansas)
Jerry Moran (Kansas)
Mitch McConnell (Ky.)
Rand Paul (Ky.)
David Vitter (La.)
Bill Cassidy (La.)
Roger Wicker (Miss.)
Roy Blunt (Mo.)
Steve Daines (Mont.)
Deb Fischer (Neb.)
Ben Sasse (Neb.)
Dean Heller (Nev.)
Kelly Ayotte (N.H.)
Richard Burr (N.C.)
Thom Tillis (N.C.)
John Hoeven (N.D.)
Rob Portman (Ohio)
Jim Inhofe (Okla.)
James Lankford (Okla.)
Pat Toomey (Pa.)
Lindsey Graham (S.C.)
Tim Scott (S.C.)
John Thune (S.D.)
Mike Rounds (S.D.)
John Cornyn (Texas)
Ted Cruz (Texas)
Orin Hatch (Utah)
Mike Lee (Utah)
Ron Johnson (Wis.)
Mike Enzi (Wyo.)
John Barrasso (Wyo.)

Did not sign:
Lisa Murkowski (Alaska)
Jeff Flake (Ariz.)
Daniel Coats (Ind.)
Susan Collins (Maine)
Thad Cochran (Miss.)
Lamar Alexander (Tenn.)
Bob Corker (Tenn.)

You support our politicians making us look weak to the world? Wow

n-KHAMENEI-large570.jpg

Ayatollah Khamenei Slams Republican Letter On Iran, Says U.S. Known For 'Backstabbing'

DUBAI, March 12 (Reuters) - Iran's Supreme Leader hit out on Thursday at a letter by U.S. Republican senators threatening to undo any nuclear deal between Washington and Tehran, saying he was worried because the United States was known for "backstabbing," Mehr news agency reported.

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei added at a meeting with President Hassan Rouhani and senior clerics that whenever negotiators made progress, the Americans became "harsher, tougher and coarser," Mehr reported.

The letter signed by 47 Republican senators warned Iran that any nuclear deal made with U.S. President Barack Obama could last only as long as he remained in office, in an unusual intervention into U.S. foreign policy-making.

Mehr quoted Khamenei as saying: "Of course I am worried, because the other side is known for opacity, deceit and backstabbing."

"Every time we reach a stage where the end of the negotiations is in sight, the tone of the other side, specifically the Americans, becomes harsher, coarser and tougher. This is the nature of their tricks and deceptions."

The negotiations, which resume in Lausanne, Switzerland, next week, are at a critical juncture as the sides try to meet an end of March target for an interim deal, with a final deal in June.

Ayatollah Khamenei Slams Republican Letter On Iran, Says U.S. Known For 'Backstabbing'

Does Ayatollah Ali Khamenei have a point? Personally, I think the U.S. is known for a lot of things - and a lot of it BAD.

So you are totally non-credible, since iran was the aggressor and terrorist supporter, and should have been attacked. Just admit you are against all wars, and stop pretending to be something you are not.

You should admit you're a chickenhawk prepared to have others wage aggressive war on your behalf in contravention of the UN Charter and the Nuremberg Principles. I support countries waging wars of self defence, you support wars of aggression.

Oh! What a lovely example of obscurant deflection. Wherein the contributor yieds from the standing points of the position IT CITED as the point of its response... thus yielding from that point, leaving the point standing, therefore axiomatically CONCEDING to that point.

Your concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

n-KHAMENEI-large570.jpg

DUBAI, March 12 (Reuters) - Iran's Supreme Leader hit out on Thursday at a letter by U.S. Republican senators threatening to undo any nuclear deal between Washington and Tehran, saying he was worried because the United States was known for "backstabbing," Mehr news agency reported.

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei added at a meeting with President Hassan Rouhani and senior clerics that whenever negotiators made progress, the Americans became "harsher, tougher and coarser," Mehr reported.

The letter signed by 47 Republican senators warned Iran that any nuclear deal made with U.S. President Barack Obama could last only as long as he remained in office, in an unusual intervention into U.S. foreign policy-making.

Mehr quoted Khamenei as saying: "Of course I am worried, because the other side is known for opacity, deceit and backstabbing."

"Every time we reach a stage where the end of the negotiations is in sight, the tone of the other side, specifically the Americans, becomes harsher, coarser and tougher. This is the nature of their tricks and deceptions."

The negotiations, which resume in Lausanne, Switzerland, next week, are at a critical juncture as the sides try to meet an end of March target for an interim deal, with a final deal in June.

Does Ayatollah Ali Khamenei have a point? Personally, I think the U.S. is known for a lot of things - and a lot of it BAD.

Some I our senators seems to support what he's saying.

Profane AND stupid........Are we talking about the same CIA that assured us that Iraq was ladened with WMDs????

Which both the Kay and Dulfer Reports confirmed was the case... . Yes, THAT... CIA.

Kay and Duelfer?????? Really???? What a dingbat you must be.....you get your "true facts" from the Heritage Foundation and Fox and, accordingly you have crossed the line from being just stupid to being an all-out moron. Congrats !!!!! LOL

Forum List

Back