Republicans are ignorant about the most basic FACTS about welfare in this country

With each and every post the far left proves that they are ignorant of just about everything, then again they can't help. They come programmed that way.

The truth of the matter is that the wealthy receive enormous gov assistance through subsidies. The poor on the other hand get peanuts.

Let's start with the poor and SNAP (food stamps).

The average SNAP recipient receives $133 a month. The average SNAP recipient has a gross income of $744 a MONTH per household. 76% of households have at least one dependent living there. 83% of households receiving SNAP are below the poverty line. The other 17 are at the poverty line or make 130% of the poverty line. And despite what you cons like to believe, food stamps fraud is RARE.

All the sobering facts on food stamps are here.

SNAP (Food Stamps): Facts, Myths and Realities

Now the wealthy. Oh boy.

1) corporations receive $80 billion a year through state and local subsidies.

2) Federal subsidies for corporations cost TAX PAYERS 100 billion a year.

3) The official tax rate for corporations is 35%. However, because of tax breaks, corporations only pay 13% a year in taxes.

4) wealthy hedge fund managers cost tax payers 83 billion a year.

5) subsidies for fast food companies cost tax payers 243 billion a year.

6) deductions for mortgage cost tax payers 70 billion a year. 77% of this funding goes to income earners of 100,000 a year or more.

Top Ten Examples of Welfare for the Rich » CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

The more facts we learn, the more realize just how much bullshit republicanism really is.

There is such a thing as "corporate" welfare--and public individual welfare--both which most Republicans don't really care for.

The most recent abuse of corporate welfare--was Solyndra--who received their welfare check for 500 million and then went bankrupt--as did other solar corporate welfare companies in total going bankrupt for about 1 billion dollars. THIS WAS OBAMA'S way of getting green energy working in the United States. THE PROBLEM--these companies were also large donors to his campaign.

How-Green-Energy-Works.jpg

The truth of the matter is that the wealthy receive enormous gov assistance through subsidies. The poor on the other hand get peanuts.

The average SNAP recipient receives $133 a month. The average SNAP recipient has a gross income of $744 a MONTH per household. 76% of households have at least one dependent living there. 83% of households receiving SNAP are below the poverty line. The other 17 are at the poverty line or make 130% of the poverty line. And despite what you cons like to believe, food stamps fraud is RARE.

Now the wealthy. Oh boy.

3) The official tax rate for corporations is 35%. However, because of tax breaks, corporations only pay 13% a year in taxes.

6) deductions for mortgage cost tax payers 70 billion a year. 77% of this funding goes to income earners of 100,000 a year or more.

Top Ten Examples of Welfare for the Rich » CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

The more facts we learn, the more realize just how much bullshit republicanism really is.

There is such a thing as "corporate" welfare--and public individual welfare--both which most Republicans don't really care for.

The most recent abuse of corporate welfare--was Solyndra--who received their welfare check for 500 million and then went bankrupt--as did other solar corporate welfare companies in total going bankrupt for about 1 billion dollars. THIS WAS OBAMA'S way of getting green energy working in the United States. THE PROBLEM--these companies were also large donors to his campaign.

Shhhh...

This was supposed to be about how conservatives dont know anything - not about the asinine lies from the left. Funny that he complains that the republicans support welfare to the rich when the left certainly is no less guilty of such policies. I find that they are actually much WORSE.

1. Lie.

2. Somewhat true, but generally it's because of leftist causes. You scream and yell about corporations getting money, then turn around and support giving money to corporations. Blame yourself.

3. True, and good. Less money given to government, the better off all of us are.

4. Lie.

5. Lie.

6. True, and good. Less money given to government, the better off we all are.

First, the lies.... A tax deducation, is not a subsidy. Everyone, as in EVERYONE, in this country gets taxes deductions. If a tax deduction is a "subsidy", then absolutely every single freakin person in this entire country is being subsidized.

Which renders the term meaningless, since there is no one not subsidized.

Second, all those examples you list where corporations pay less tax, are good things. I *WANT* corporations to pay less tax. I want them buying stuff, investing stuff, and growing wealth.

I don't them paying that money to government, where it is given to political kick backs, and Wealthy CEOs of say Solyndra walk off with millions in tax money providing nothing.

Your system... bad. My system... good. Ford provided me a car. What did your tax payer funded Solyndra provide me? Nothing but a tax bill.

Now the wealthy. Oh boy.

Shhhh...

This was supposed to be about how conservatives dont know anything - not about the asinine lies from the left. Funny that he complains that the republicans support welfare to the rich when the left certainly is no less guilty of such policies. I find that they are actually much WORSE.

You know I find it interesting none of you have the balls to even acknowledge the facts I presented about SNAP.

1. Lie.

2. Somewhat true, but generally it's because of leftist causes. You scream and yell about corporations getting money, then turn around and support giving money to corporations. Blame yourself.

3. True, and good. Less money given to government, the better off all of us are.

4. Lie.

5. Lie.

6. True, and good. Less money given to government, the better off we all are.

First, the lies.... A tax deducation, is not a subsidy. Everyone, as in EVERYONE, in this country gets taxes deductions. If a tax deduction is a "subsidy", then absolutely every single freakin person in this entire country is being subsidized.

Which renders the term meaningless, since there is no one not subsidized.

Second, all those examples you list where corporations pay less tax, are good things. I *WANT* corporations to pay less tax. I want them buying stuff, investing stuff, and growing wealth.

I don't them paying that money to government, where it is given to political kick backs, and Wealthy CEOs of say Solyndra walk off with millions in tax money providing nothing.

Your system... bad. My system... good. Ford provided me a car. What did your tax payer funded Solyndra provide me? Nothing but a tax bill.

I would love proof as to what makes what I said "lies". Yet another feeble response and no mention of what I said about SNAP.

You know I find it interesting none of you have the balls to even acknowledge the facts I presented about SNAP.
You didn't present any facts. You linked a site of an NGO whose goal was to justify and increase government spending on food programs. What is the point of trying to make an argument by using dingbat sites as credible. Have we really dumbed down that much?

You didn't present any facts. You linked a site of an NGO whose goal was to justify and increase government spending on food programs. What is the point of trying to make an argument by using dingbat sites as credible. Have we really dumbed down that much?

Okay Meathead what are the REAL facts on food stamps?

Folks like Billy? YES.

Fact is Americans on food stamps are more likely to be fat than others. Do we really need to feed people to the point of obesity, diabetes and heart disease?

Obviously, no one in America is starving, certainly not the poor at least:

Thin Wallets, Thick Waistlines: New USDA Effort Targets Link between Obesity and Food Stamps - Scientific American

Fact is Americans on food stamps are more likely to be fat than others. Do we really need to feed people to the point of obesity, diabetes and heart disease?

Thin Wallets, Thick Waistlines: New USDA Effort Targets Link between Obesity and Food Stamps - Scientific American

Lol talk about a straw man, but your attempt at this is rather pathetic.

Out of all the factors examined by this study, none of them is because of too much food. There is no issue of SNAP recipients buying too much food.

The fact of the matter is that junk food is cheap. That is why they buy it. They can't afford much else.

Out of all the factors examined by this study, none of them is because of too much food. There is no issue of SNAP recipients buying too much food.

The fact of the matter is that junk food is cheap. That is why they buy it. They can't afford much else.
We know, we know. It is part of the handbook for explaining why poor Americans are so fat and yet don't have enough to eat. Good luck with that.:D

Why can't they afford it? WHY aren't they working their way out of the rut they put themselves in?

We know, we know. It is part of the handbook for explaining why poor Americans are so fat and yet don't have enough to eat. Good luck with that.:D

Yep just as I though. You got nothing to offer this thread.

Republicans are ignorant about the most basic FACTS about welfare in this country

Yes they are. Just like the Democrats. They keep handing out money to scammers like it is water. Meanwhile the people who really need it continue dying.

Income tax credit, a buddy of mine pays almost no income tax, but gets over 6 thousand back on taxes. So your argument is ignorant.

Income tax credit, a buddy of mine pays almost no income tax, but gets over 6 thousand back on taxes. So your argument is ignorant.

No your anecdotal account is either bullshit or insignificant to the actual stats.

Forum List

Back