Republicans are ignorant about the most basic FACTS about welfare in this country

Iraq. You can't admit that Republicans failed.

"Democrats voted for it, too!" is your only response. You failed to the tune of thousands of lives and trillions of dollars. YOU FAILED and that is why the majority of normal people on Earth want the GOP to fuck itself deep and hard.

when did iraq fail leftard?

last i heard joe biden was saying "this is a really big effin deal!"

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

dont tell left-wing nutjobs; but this is the 8th straight year of Progressive Majority rule;
and the rich AND ONLY THE RICH have gotten MUCH RICHER; while the Middle Class and poor have gotten poorer

enter your excuse for PROGRESSIVE FAILURE here______________________

Republican obstruction and Republican lies. That about covers it I think.

of couse it covers it.........................who expects anything else from lame progressive idiots and weak-minded left-wing losers who cant admit they have failed?

You really think Republicans are looking out for your best interest and the countries best interest. Don't ya?

If so, well conversation is over. But if you can point out ANYTHING that Repubs have done that was good for the middle class (me) and good for the country, in the last 10 years, I would be glad to read about it.

Maybe we still could talk about something. Just don't use FOX for your source. OK?

"safety net"

is that what the Left calls their goal of making as many Americans as possible dependant slaves of the Government?

More education would be wiser as it would give more people the chance at climbing the ladder. Of course you don't want to see this...

Unemployment, SSD and SSI(for the old) are moral and just. So you're saying "let them die".

"safety net"

is that what the Left calls their goal of making as many Americans as possible dependant slaves of the Government?

More education would be wiser as it would give more people the chance at climbing the ladder. Of course you don't want to see this...

Unemployment, SSD and SSI(for the old) are moral and just. So you're saying "let them die".

i'm saying no such thing idiot. but then again i expect nothing less from left-wing losers too arrogant to admit their failed policies have led to more of what they are supposedly against

of couse it covers it.........................who expects anything else from lame progressive idiots and weak-minded left-wing losers who cant admit they have failed?

You really think Republicans are looking out for your best interest and the countries best interest. Don't ya?

If so, well conversation is over. But if you can point out ANYTHING that Repubs have done that was good for the middle class (me) and good for the country, in the last 10 years, I would be glad to read about it.

Maybe we still could talk about something. Just don't use FOX for your source. OK?

the middle class and the working poor had it MUCH BETTER WHEN REPUBLICANS RAN THINGS

true story

your turn leftard; another Fox news rant maybe?

Billy, oh Billy. You can't expect to make arguments and call people "dumbass."

There are 79 types of means tested Welfare programs, and I doubt you've memorized them yourself, I haven't so I Googled them for you.

http://budget.house.gov/uploadedfiles/rectortestimony04172012.pdf

Moreover, Billy, you're floundering.

Solyndra is one of over at least 50 energy companies that failed whilst being subsidized by the government:

Up to 50 Obama-backed energy companies financially troubled | The Daily Caller

I'm not denying Obama made bad investments. Of course, that isn't even the issue.

Thanks for proving the point. You don't care when democrats give cash handouts to the rich - that is just fine and dandy with you. When republicans don't tax as high though - the world is fucking over.

And you claim to have the moral high ground here. i guess that is easy when you change the meaning of the word depending on who you are going to apply it to.

The truth of the matter is that the wealthy receive enormous gov assistance through subsidies. The poor on the other hand get peanuts.

Let's start with the poor and SNAP (food stamps).

The average SNAP recipient receives $133 a month. The average SNAP recipient has a gross income of $744 a MONTH per household. 76% of households have at least one dependent living there. 83% of households receiving SNAP are below the poverty line. The other 17 are at the poverty line or make 130% of the poverty line. And despite what you cons like to believe, food stamps fraud is RARE.

All the sobering facts on food stamps are here.

SNAP (Food Stamps): Facts, Myths and Realities

Now the wealthy. Oh boy.

1) corporations receive $80 billion a year through state and local subsidies.

2) Federal subsidies for corporations cost TAX PAYERS 100 billion a year.

3) The official tax rate for corporations is 35%. However, because of tax breaks, corporations only pay 13% a year in taxes.

4) wealthy hedge fund managers cost tax payers 83 billion a year.

5) subsidies for fast food companies cost tax payers 243 billion a year.

6) deductions for mortgage cost tax payers 70 billion a year. 77% of this funding goes to income earners of 100,000 a year or more.

Top Ten Examples of Welfare for the Rich » CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

The more facts we learn, the more realize just how much bullshit republicanism really is.

Let me take a crack at this one. First, I must say, you do bring up some good points. As a former liberal, these are the exact type of arguments I would have made.

Here are a few thoughts:
Subsidies: First, this isn't always a left/right issue. Liberals are much more supportive of the ethanol subsidy, for example, while conservatives often support more in agriculture subsidies(though not always; see 1994 Contract with America)

Note this: Corporations pay around $300 billion in federal taxes. The subsidies, in general, reduce their total tax burden as opposed to the business being a net loss for government funds. So these businesses are still producing revenue for the government.

And I think there's a key ideological difference here....I believe that this money belongs to the business and the government's "fair share" is 0........but since taxes are the price of any society, they need to be levied, but should be kept as minimal as possible. If that includes subsidies, I'm OK with that. But I'd MUCH prefer eliminating the subsidies and replacing it with a flat corporate tax of say, 5%. You believe it's a "loss" when this money doesn't go to the government......but I don't think that the government is entitled to a business's money in the first place, except for the bare necessities of government.

With regards to the effective corporate tax rate, it is true that some companies, like GE, use some of Obama's corporate subsidies and pay nothing in corporate taxes and sometimes get money back(GE is a super rarity though due to its insane tax-credit-chasing). However, it's still higher overall than countries like Ireland and Hong Kong, and many entrepreneurs are on record saying this makes them less likely to HQ here in America.

Fast food-I assume you're talking about welfare here. I'd just want to point out that people working here would likely make the same or even less working at a "small business" of some sort as opposed to a chain. In fact, small businesses generally give lower wages than chains like Wal Mart. They're just low-skilled workers.

Corporations pay zero but get to use water, land, roads and so one for free? Got it!

The truth of the matter is that the wealthy receive enormous gov assistance through subsidies. The poor on the other hand get peanuts.

The average SNAP recipient receives $133 a month. The average SNAP recipient has a gross income of $744 a MONTH per household. 76% of households have at least one dependent living there. 83% of households receiving SNAP are below the poverty line. The other 17 are at the poverty line or make 130% of the poverty line. And despite what you cons like to believe, food stamps fraud is RARE.

Now the wealthy. Oh boy.

3) The official tax rate for corporations is 35%. However, because of tax breaks, corporations only pay 13% a year in taxes.

6) deductions for mortgage cost tax payers 70 billion a year. 77% of this funding goes to income earners of 100,000 a year or more.

Top Ten Examples of Welfare for the Rich » CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

The more facts we learn, the more realize just how much bullshit republicanism really is.

We give over 25% of the entire budget to the "poor" every year in this country.
Over 800 billion last year for 92 government programs that are intertwined and redundant and full of waste.
The liberal while they sit on their lazy asses giving the middle finger to the poor measures their "compassion" by how much money they can steal from someone else to give to the poor instead of getting off their fat asses themselves.
The conservative works to assist the poor to GET OUT OF POVERTY.

You are full of shit. That 25% refers to any welfare program including SS, Medicare and Medicaid.

No it doesn't you fool
Go back to 2nd grade and learn how to add.
92 government programs to assist the poor that are means tested and they add up to 800 billion a year.
Total for the states added in also is 1 dollar in 7 goes to means test programs to assist the poor.
Social Security and Medicare are NOT means tested. They provide services for all people over a certain age and disability.
DUH
2008 it was 715 billion and Obama's plans for the next 10 years are for 10.3 trillion total.
You are in a long list of uninformed stupid people in this country.
Listen and learn.

OP: Okay...'the rich' do not receive subsidies. Certain factions, who are often rich, receive subsidies. You make it sound like subsidies are automatic for the rich.

Though, I will agree that at times Republicans distort welfare and use it as a scapegoat issue. All that said, Dems and Republicans are both reckless spenders at the end of the day.

I never said subsidies was the only way to get rich.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Billy boy, your reply makes no sense and doesn't relate to anything Gatsby posted.

Now the wealthy. Oh boy.

Let me take a crack at this one. First, I must say, you do bring up some good points. As a former liberal, these are the exact type of arguments I would have made.

Here are a few thoughts:
Subsidies: First, this isn't always a left/right issue. Liberals are much more supportive of the ethanol subsidy, for example, while conservatives often support more in agriculture subsidies(though not always; see 1994 Contract with America)

Note this: Corporations pay around $300 billion in federal taxes. The subsidies, in general, reduce their total tax burden as opposed to the business being a net loss for government funds. So these businesses are still producing revenue for the government.

And I think there's a key ideological difference here....I believe that this money belongs to the business and the government's "fair share" is 0........but since taxes are the price of any society, they need to be levied, but should be kept as minimal as possible. If that includes subsidies, I'm OK with that. But I'd MUCH prefer eliminating the subsidies and replacing it with a flat corporate tax of say, 5%. You believe it's a "loss" when this money doesn't go to the government......but I don't think that the government is entitled to a business's money in the first place, except for the bare necessities of government.

With regards to the effective corporate tax rate, it is true that some companies, like GE, use some of Obama's corporate subsidies and pay nothing in corporate taxes and sometimes get money back(GE is a super rarity though due to its insane tax-credit-chasing). However, it's still higher overall than countries like Ireland and Hong Kong, and many entrepreneurs are on record saying this makes them less likely to HQ here in America.

Fast food-I assume you're talking about welfare here. I'd just want to point out that people working here would likely make the same or even less working at a "small business" of some sort as opposed to a chain. In fact, small businesses generally give lower wages than chains like Wal Mart. They're just low-skilled workers.

Corporations pay zero but get to use water, land, roads and so one for free? Got it!

I own 3 and last year paid 40K in taxes with ONE employee other than me.
You are not that stupid to claim corporations pay zero are you?
But in reality and Econ 101, NO CORPORATION EVER PAYS ONE CENT OF TAXES.
That 40K I paid last year YOU AND THE CONSUMERS paid.
All a business does is COLLECT taxes charged to consumers as an add on cost of doing business cost and then pass it on to government.

the middle class and the working poor had it MUCH BETTER WHEN REPUBLICANS RAN THINGS

true story

You seem to represent the very worst in Republicans today. You seem to think that just because you say/believe something that it must be true.

Like the bullshit above. "True story" you say.

That was funny. Your version of the "truth" cost me thousands of dollars. Fortunately after a Dem was elected, I got most of that money back.

Repubs didn't do a thing for me. You want to make up some more Republican bullshit? Have at it. You might believe your lies, I think I will pass.

I own 3 small corporations.
1 makes NO money and no taxes have to be paid as it owns 7 parcels of land. Single entity corporation under the state of Ga. and IRS requires no reporting unless I make a sale. No sales of land since 2008 when I bought those tracts and divided them into 7 residential lots. I pay taxes on the land every year, pay $50 a year corporation fee and those costs will figure into the capital gain, IF I MAKE ANY PROFIT AT ALL as the liberal has no clue of RISK.
1 makes money as a side business about 10-15K a year in profit.
My main business I have been doing for 35 years and I have one employee.
Why would I make any of that up? For what reason?

Why do we have to constantly remind the left that their guy is in the white house? A part of the ironically named "affordable care act" stipulates that billions of taxpayer dollars are authorized to prop up cooperative insurance companies. All republicans want to do is put food stamp recipients to work but it seems the democrat party and the radical left would rather support them with chump change stamps.

There is a reason why the left wants to expand and increase government dependency votes. The more people the party of government dependency can get dependent on government the more votes they have as the saying goes the party that takes from Peter to give to Paul will always have the support of Paul.

Which was why there is usually only one Party in Communist Countries. The End Game of the Democrat Party is to totally destroy the Republican Party and make it impossible for any other Party to win National elections. The Federal Government will be totally controlled by the Democrat Party much like the Soviet Union was controlled by the 'Supreme Soviet'. The poor are just fodder to be used to gain this end.
Much like Ronald Reagan used massive military spending to destroy the Soviet Union, the Democrats are using massive spending on social welfare programs to destroy the Republican Party. It's diabolical, it's evil, and it should be criminal.
The Left already has taken control of the Federal Department Of Education, Internal Revenue Service, Department Of Justice, and our Federal Judicial Branch.

Eliminate all subsidies and entitlements.. flat tax all income with no ceiling, floor, exception, exemption, exclusion, or deduction....

Simple enough.. BillyTroll should be happy

And that just discredits anything you have to offer here. The last thing you want is the truth! Your whole argument is based on lies!

true story

You seem to represent the very worst in Republicans today. You seem to think that just because you say/believe something that it must be true.

Like the bullshit above. "True story" you say.

That was funny. Your version of the "truth" cost me thousands of dollars. Fortunately after a Dem was elected, I got most of that money back.

Repubs didn't do a thing for me. You want to make up some more Republican bullshit? Have at it. You might believe your lies, I think I will pass.

You are Exhibit A of the Moocher Class:
"Repubs didn't do a thing for me"

YOU are supposed to make things work for YOU.
NOT government.

We give over 25% of the entire budget to the "poor" every year in this country.
Over 800 billion last year for 92 government programs that are intertwined and redundant and full of waste.
The liberal while they sit on their lazy asses giving the middle finger to the poor measures their "compassion" by how much money they can steal from someone else to give to the poor instead of getting off their fat asses themselves.
The conservative works to assist the poor to GET OUT OF POVERTY.

You are full of shit. That 25% refers to any welfare program including SS, Medicare and Medicaid.

No it doesn't you fool
Go back to 2nd grade and learn how to add.
92 government programs to assist the poor that are means tested and they add up to 800 billion a year.
Total for the states added in also is 1 dollar in 7 goes to means test programs to assist the poor.
Social Security and Medicare are NOT means tested. They provide services for all people over a certain age and disability.
DUH
2008 it was 715 billion and Obama's plans for the next 10 years are for 10.3 trillion total.
You are in a long list of uninformed stupid people in this country.
Listen and learn.

Give me the source. I want to see it.

Even if you were right it wouldn't matter. A poor person is only on one program at a time. Very few are on more.

Last edited:

Now the wealthy. Oh boy.

Here are a few thoughts:

Corporations pay zero? Get your head out of Obama's ass, wipe the shit from your eyes, take a breath of fresh air, and look around you. The World is not a better place under the Democrats.

General Electric Corporation is the largest Corporation I know of that pays no taxes and actually profits from Federal Subsidies. The same G.E. that's one of Obama's biggest contributors, the same G.E. whose C.E.O. is now advising Obama on the economy.

G.E., the largest receiver of Federal largess has a man in the White House.

You Lefty Obama supporters need to just shut the fuck up.

Forum List

Back