Republicans are ignorant about the most basic FACTS about welfare in this country

The bottom line is how much do the poor contribute to political campaigns, to candidates, to political parties, very little, if anything. The only thing the poor have is their vote and it is so easy to convince so many of them that voting Republican is Americanism not communism and by voting Republican they can keep their guns.
Then too how many of the poor even bother to vote? As soon as local governments make some rules about requirements to vote, like picture ID's and traveling a little distance, having to take off from work, or wait in long lines for hours, some don't even bother to vote. The wealthy, on the other hand, give freely to their politicians, adjust their community so voting is quick and easy, and refuse to take communistic food stamps.

Okay Meathead what are the REAL facts on food stamps?
Fact is Americans on food stamps are more likely to be fat than others. Do we really need to feed people to the point of obesity, diabetes and heart disease?

Obviously, no one in America is starving, certainly not the poor at least:

Thin Wallets, Thick Waistlines: New USDA Effort Targets Link between Obesity and Food Stamps - Scientific American

Lol talk about a straw man, but your attempt at this is rather pathetic.

Out of all the factors examined by this study, none of them is because of too much food. There is no issue of SNAP recipients buying too much food.

The fact of the matter is that junk food is cheap. That is why they buy it. They can't afford much else.

So you're telling me rice and beans are more expensive then a box of Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's?

Fact is Americans on food stamps are more likely to be fat than others. Do we really need to feed people to the point of obesity, diabetes and heart disease?

Obviously, no one in America is starving, certainly not the poor at least:

Thin Wallets, Thick Waistlines: New USDA Effort Targets Link between Obesity and Food Stamps - Scientific American

Out of all the factors examined by this study, none of them is because of too much food. There is no issue of SNAP recipients buying too much food.

The fact of the matter is that junk food is cheap. That is why they buy it. They can't afford much else.

So you're telling me rice and beans are more expensive then a box of Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's?

Take your 18th century economics and blow it out your fucking ass. Robots and computers could eliminate having to make that choice.

Of course the poor are always wrong and you'd love to see them live on the street killing themselves doing 3 jobs.

Take your 18th century economics and blow it out your fucking ass. Robots and computers could eliminate having to make that choice.

Of course the poor are always wrong and you'd love to see them live on the street killing themselves doing 3 jobs.

record welfare and food stamps; the lowest level of participation in the Labor Market in 40 years in this the 8th straight year of Progressive MAJORITY RULE

poor deluded angry left-wing IDIOT; you're the last one who should be telling anybody to blow anything out of their ass

You really think Republicans are looking out for your best interest and the countries best interest. Don't ya?

If so, well conversation is over. But if you can point out ANYTHING that Repubs have done that was good for the middle class (me) and good for the country, in the last 10 years, I would be glad to read about it.

Maybe we still could talk about something. Just don't use FOX for your source. OK?

the middle class and the working poor had it MUCH BETTER WHEN REPUBLICANS RAN THINGS

true story

your turn leftard; another Fox news rant maybe?

You seem to represent the very worst in Republicans today. You seem to think that just because you say/believe something that it must be true.

Like the bullshit above. "True story" you say.

That was funny. Your version of the "truth" cost me thousands of dollars. Fortunately after a Dem was elected, I got most of that money back.

Repubs didn't do a thing for me. You want to make up some more Republican bullshit? Have at it. You might believe your lies, I think I will pass.

what part isnt true leftard?

are you saying minorities didnt have it better under Bush and Republicans?
that they have it better now?

are you going to post some proof? or just whine like a bitch that i'm the bullshitter here?

Thats exactly what I want to see. Because then he/she has a resume that shows employers how dedicated they are thus leading to a better job.
And dont tell me it doesnt work that way.

the middle class and the working poor had it MUCH BETTER WHEN REPUBLICANS RAN THINGS

true story

your turn leftard; another Fox news rant maybe?

You seem to represent the very worst in Republicans today. You seem to think that just because you say/believe something that it must be true.

Like the bullshit above. "True story" you say.

That was funny. Your version of the "truth" cost me thousands of dollars. Fortunately after a Dem was elected, I got most of that money back.

Repubs didn't do a thing for me. You want to make up some more Republican bullshit? Have at it. You might believe your lies, I think I will pass.

what part isnt true leftard?

are you saying minorities didnt have it better under Bush and Republicans?
that they have it better now?

are you going to post some proof? or just whine like a bitch that i'm the bullshitter here?

Your guy and YOUR policy crashed the entire world economy in 2008.

You are full of shit. That 25% refers to any welfare program including SS, Medicare and Medicaid.

No it doesn't you fool
Go back to 2nd grade and learn how to add.
92 government programs to assist the poor that are means tested and they add up to 800 billion a year.
Total for the states added in also is 1 dollar in 7 goes to means test programs to assist the poor.
Social Security and Medicare are NOT means tested. They provide services for all people over a certain age and disability.
DUH
2008 it was 715 billion and Obama's plans for the next 10 years are for 10.3 trillion total.
You are in a long list of uninformed stupid people in this country.
Listen and learn.

Give me the source. I want to see it.

Even if you were right it wouldn't matter. A poor person is only on one program at a time. Very few are on more.

US GOVERNMENT is the source.
Not my fault the ignorant do not know where their tax dollars go.
Probably because more than half pay NO Federal income tax.

I appreciate your concession, but I very much disagree about the tax polices. Given the amount of government spending necessary to keep this country functional, people NEED to be taxed. I will agree there is government waste but I'm sure we disagree on what is waste and what is not.

Your problem is you've drank the kool aid on what government functions are necessary. Your dear leader just unveiled a 4 trillion dollar budget, do you know we didn't spend 1 trillion in one year till 1987? 211 years to spend the first trillion in a year, now we got your mulatto messiah asking for 4 trillion only 27 years later, with an additional 1 trillion in new taxes. We have fewer people working and more people taking, who is going to pay the bills? Wake the fuck up, your fantasy world won't work.

Hey guess what Obama's biggest expense is? Defense. That is the kind of spending you repubs love.

Defense is 22% of the Fed budget. Healthcare and pension spending is more than double at 51%.

This stuff isn't really that hard to learn unless you are willingly keeping yourself ignorant.

US Spending Pie Chart for 2014 - Charts

Pensions 928.5 0.0 208.6 44.9 1,182.1
[+] Health Care 973.6 -324.8 478.3 141.4 1,268.4
[+] Education 141.8 -96.5 285.7 673.0 1,004.0
[+]

Defense 830.9 0.0 0.8 0.0 831.7
[+] Welfare 393.7 -119.0 147.3 82.6 504.5
[+] Protection 36.0 -7.1 70.8 162.4 262.2
[+] Transportation 103.8 -70.5 122.9 154.6 310.8
[+] General Government 53.4 -4.3 53.2 72.4 174.7
[+] Other Spending 93.2 -18.2 76.9 330.1 482.0
[+] Interest 222.9 0.0 49.4 65.4 337.6
[+] Balance 0.0 -0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
[+] Total Spending: Start chart 3,777.8 -640.3 1,493.8 1,726.8 6,358.1
[+] Federal Deficit 744.2 0.0 0.0 0.0 744.2
[+] Gross Public Debt 18,246.9 0.0 1,142.6 1,800.1 21,189.5

US Spending Pie Chart for 2014 - Charts

Pensions 928.5 0.0 208.6 44.9 1,182.1
[+] Health Care 973.6 -324.8 478.3 141.4 1,268.4
[+] Education 141.8 -96.5 285.7 673.0 1,004.0
[+]

Defense 830.9 0.0 0.8 0.0 831.7
[+] Welfare 393.7 -119.0 147.3 82.6 504.5
[+] Protection 36.0 -7.1 70.8 162.4 262.2
[+] Transportation 103.8 -70.5 122.9 154.6 310.8
[+] General Government 53.4 -4.3 53.2 72.4 174.7
[+] Other Spending 93.2 -18.2 76.9 330.1 482.0
[+] Interest 222.9 0.0 49.4 65.4 337.6
[+] Balance 0.0 -0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
[+] Total Spending: Start chart 3,777.8 -640.3 1,493.8 1,726.8 6,358.1
[+] Federal Deficit 744.2 0.0 0.0 0.0 744.2
[+] Gross Public Debt 18,246.9 0.0 1,142.6 1,800.1 21,189.5

See there? You found it yourself.

defense 22%

pensions 25%

heal5thcare 26%

very good you were correct.

next time bring your proof with you

The truth of the matter is that the wealthy receive enormous gov assistance through subsidies. The poor on the other hand get peanuts.

Let's start with the poor and SNAP (food stamps).

The average SNAP recipient receives $133 a month. The average SNAP recipient has a gross income of $744 a MONTH per household. 76% of households have at least one dependent living there. 83% of households receiving SNAP are below the poverty line. The other 17 are at the poverty line or make 130% of the poverty line. And despite what you cons like to believe, food stamps fraud is RARE.

All the sobering facts on food stamps are here.

SNAP (Food Stamps): Facts, Myths and Realities

Now the wealthy. Oh boy.

1) corporations receive $80 billion a year through state and local subsidies.

2) Federal subsidies for corporations cost TAX PAYERS 100 billion a year.

3) The official tax rate for corporations is 35%. However, because of tax breaks, corporations only pay 13% a year in taxes.

4) wealthy hedge fund managers cost tax payers 83 billion a year.

5) subsidies for fast food companies cost tax payers 243 billion a year.

6) deductions for mortgage cost tax payers 70 billion a year. 77% of this funding goes to income earners of 100,000 a year or more.

Top Ten Examples of Welfare for the Rich » CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

The more facts we learn, the more realize just how much bullshit republicanism really is.

I see. So basically, you are admitting the reason you are poor is because you are mentally handicapped.

No it doesn't you fool
Go back to 2nd grade and learn how to add.
92 government programs to assist the poor that are means tested and they add up to 800 billion a year.
Total for the states added in also is 1 dollar in 7 goes to means test programs to assist the poor.
Social Security and Medicare are NOT means tested. They provide services for all people over a certain age and disability.
DUH
2008 it was 715 billion and Obama's plans for the next 10 years are for 10.3 trillion total.
You are in a long list of uninformed stupid people in this country.
Listen and learn.

Give me the source. I want to see it.

Even if you were right it wouldn't matter. A poor person is only on one program at a time. Very few are on more.

US GOVERNMENT is the source.
Not my fault the ignorant do not know where their tax dollars go.
Probably because more than half pay NO Federal income tax.
What do you want from someone who doesn't know an in-kind subsidy from a tax credit? :lol:

spending on safety net and so-called entitlement programs dwarfs defense spending

libs are losers who lie to themselves

The truth of the matter is that the wealthy receive enormous gov assistance through subsidies. The poor on the other hand get peanuts.

Let's start with the poor and SNAP (food stamps).

The average SNAP recipient receives $133 a month. The average SNAP recipient has a gross income of $744 a MONTH per household. 76% of households have at least one dependent living there. 83% of households receiving SNAP are below the poverty line. The other 17 are at the poverty line or make 130% of the poverty line. And despite what you cons like to believe, food stamps fraud is RARE.

All the sobering facts on food stamps are here.

SNAP (Food Stamps): Facts, Myths and Realities

Now the wealthy. Oh boy.

1) corporations receive $80 billion a year through state and local subsidies.

2) Federal subsidies for corporations cost TAX PAYERS 100 billion a year.

3) The official tax rate for corporations is 35%. However, because of tax breaks, corporations only pay 13% a year in taxes.

4) wealthy hedge fund managers cost tax payers 83 billion a year.

5) subsidies for fast food companies cost tax payers 243 billion a year.

6) deductions for mortgage cost tax payers 70 billion a year. 77% of this funding goes to income earners of 100,000 a year or more.

Top Ten Examples of Welfare for the Rich » CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

The more facts we learn, the more realize just how much bullshit republicanism really is.

Have you ever wondered why Reid hates the Koch brothers? Do you think it might be because they actually spend their money on ending corporate welfare and Reid is afraid that will cut into his cushy income?

Forum List

Back