Republicans are ignorant about the most basic FACTS about welfare in this country

The truth of the matter is that the wealthy receive enormous gov assistance through subsidies. The poor on the other hand get peanuts.

Let's start with the poor and SNAP (food stamps).

The average SNAP recipient receives $133 a month. The average SNAP recipient has a gross income of $744 a MONTH per household. 76% of households have at least one dependent living there. 83% of households receiving SNAP are below the poverty line. The other 17 are at the poverty line or make 130% of the poverty line. And despite what you cons like to believe, food stamps fraud is RARE.

All the sobering facts on food stamps are here.

SNAP (Food Stamps): Facts, Myths and Realities

Now the wealthy. Oh boy.

1) corporations receive $80 billion a year through state and local subsidies.

2) Federal subsidies for corporations cost TAX PAYERS 100 billion a year.

3) The official tax rate for corporations is 35%. However, because of tax breaks, corporations only pay 13% a year in taxes.

4) wealthy hedge fund managers cost tax payers 83 billion a year.

5) subsidies for fast food companies cost tax payers 243 billion a year.

6) deductions for mortgage cost tax payers 70 billion a year. 77% of this funding goes to income earners of 100,000 a year or more.

Top Ten Examples of Welfare for the Rich » CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

The more facts we learn, the more realize just how much bullshit republicanism really is.

I always believed the matter of family welfare and food budgets and grocery shopping and insurance and things were done by Mom.

Dad was out slaying Dragons, bringing down saber toothed tigers, bringing home the bacon, and defending the cave from predators on all wings or feet.

The Conservatives are more geared to offense.

Mom, defense and preservation.

Bottom line, we'll let you take care of welfare as long as you don't muck it up.

But the minute you make us get involved you will find we CAN do it better and if we must, we WILL do it better.

If you want to maintain some importance in American society and govt. you had better make this all work and work well.

Otherwise we'll just conclude we can and SHOULD do it without you and then we'll go ahead and actually do it better without you!

defense 22%

pensions 25%

heal5thcare 26%

very good you were correct.

next time bring your proof with you

I am always correct you would do well to remember that. You know why I'm always correct? Because I read your left wing bullshit and go look for the facts on my own instead of waiting to be spoon fed the dem/lib line of lies and falsehoods.

No it doesn't you fool
Go back to 2nd grade and learn how to add.
92 government programs to assist the poor that are means tested and they add up to 800 billion a year.
Total for the states added in also is 1 dollar in 7 goes to means test programs to assist the poor.
Social Security and Medicare are NOT means tested. They provide services for all people over a certain age and disability.
DUH
2008 it was 715 billion and Obama's plans for the next 10 years are for 10.3 trillion total.
You are in a long list of uninformed stupid people in this country.
Listen and learn.

Give me the source. I want to see it.

Even if you were right it wouldn't matter. A poor person is only on one program at a time. Very few are on more.

US GOVERNMENT is the source.
Not my fault the ignorant do not know where their tax dollars go.
Probably because more than half pay NO Federal income tax.

I knew you were full of shit. 25% of our budget doesn't go to the poor. You liar.

Your problem is you've drank the kool aid on what government functions are necessary. Your dear leader just unveiled a 4 trillion dollar budget, do you know we didn't spend 1 trillion in one year till 1987? 211 years to spend the first trillion in a year, now we got your mulatto messiah asking for 4 trillion only 27 years later, with an additional 1 trillion in new taxes. We have fewer people working and more people taking, who is going to pay the bills? Wake the fuck up, your fantasy world won't work.

Hey guess what Obama's biggest expense is? Defense. That is the kind of spending you repubs love.

Defense is 22% of the Fed budget. Healthcare and pension spending is more than double at 51%.

This stuff isn't really that hard to learn unless you are willingly keeping yourself ignorant.

Defense spending is Obama's biggest expense in terms of policy.

Hey guess what Obama's biggest expense is? Defense. That is the kind of spending you repubs love.

Defense is 22% of the Fed budget. Healthcare and pension spending is more than double at 51%.

This stuff isn't really that hard to learn unless you are willingly keeping yourself ignorant.

That was funny.

And really stupid.

What the hell does that mean?

I like that link, it proves that Obama is worse than Bush, even if it has nothing to do with the funny thing you said.

You're an idiot. It clearly states Bush spent more than Obama.

Here is everything it saays about Obama.

The second largest contributor to the debt dollar-wise was President Obama. He added $4.8 trillion, a 41% increase, in just one term. Obama's budgets included the economic stimulus package, which added $787 billion by cutting taxes, extending unemployment benefits, and funding job-creating public works projects. The Obama tax cuts added $858 billion to the debt over two years. Obama's budget included increased defense spending to around $800 billion a year. Federal income was down, thanks to lower tax receipts from the 2008 financial crisis. Both Presidents Bush and Obama had to contend with higher mandatory mandatory spending for Social Security and Medicare. He also sponsored the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, which was designed to reduce the debt by $143 billion over 10 years. However, these savings didn't show up until the later years. For more, see National Debt Under Obama.
In other words, he added almost as much as Bush did in 8 years in just 3 years.

Did you notice how I didn't even half to dig into how Bush isn't actually responsible for Obama's first year? Or you I didn't mention the stimulus that worked so well that you are still blaming Bush for the economy? Would you like me to add in the debt since the end of Obama's first term to those numbers just to make you look even dumber than you already do?

I like that link, it proves that Obama is worse than Bush, even if it has nothing to do with the funny thing you said.

You clearly can't read.

According to your article the top three are:

Roosevelt, Obama and Wilson. Although it is hard to follow because the writer uses almost the exact same wording in describing both obie and wilson with the first line of their spending.

President Barack Obama - The second largest contributor to the debt dollar-wise was President Obama.

President Woodrow Wilson - President Wilson was the second largest contributor to the debt percentage-wise.

Either way they both take second place to the greatest spender of all time and it isn't Bush. Why do you keep bringing him up?

The second largest contributor to the debt dollar-wise was President Obama. He added $4.8 trillion, a 41% increase, in just one term. Obama's budgets included the economic stimulus package, which added $787 billion by cutting taxes, extending unemployment benefits, and funding job-creating public works projects. The Obama tax cuts added $858 billion to the debt over two years. Obama's budget included increased defense spending to around $800 billion a year. Federal income was down, thanks to lower tax receipts from the 2008 financial crisis. Both Presidents Bush and Obama had to contend with higher mandatory mandatory spending for Social Security and Medicare. He also sponsored the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, which was designed to reduce the debt by $143 billion over 10 years. However, these savings didn't show up until the later years. For more, see National Debt Under Obama.

Did you notice how I didn't even half to dig into how Bush isn't actually responsible for Obama's first year? Or you I didn't mention the stimulus that worked so well that you are still blaming Bush for the economy? Would you like me to add in the debt since the end of Obama's first term to those numbers just to make you look even dumber than you already do?

How are you so dense to just ignore the first line of your quote? However I do realize that by the time Obama's term is over he would have spent more than Bush. Sure. However there is no spending growth under Obama. He is spending at the same rate Bush did at the end of his second term.

How are you so dense to just ignore the first line of your quote? However I do realize that by the time Obama's term is over he would have spent more than Bush. Sure. However there is no spending growth under Obama. He is spending at the same rate Bush did at the end of his second term.

That is seriously your excuse? Pathetic.

The truth of the matter is that the wealthy receive enormous gov assistance through subsidies. The poor on the other hand get peanuts.

The average SNAP recipient receives $133 a month. The average SNAP recipient has a gross income of $744 a MONTH per household. 76% of households have at least one dependent living there. 83% of households receiving SNAP are below the poverty line. The other 17 are at the poverty line or make 130% of the poverty line. And despite what you cons like to believe, food stamps fraud is RARE.

Now the wealthy. Oh boy.

3) The official tax rate for corporations is 35%. However, because of tax breaks, corporations only pay 13% a year in taxes.

6) deductions for mortgage cost tax payers 70 billion a year. 77% of this funding goes to income earners of 100,000 a year or more.

Top Ten Examples of Welfare for the Rich » CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

The more facts we learn, the more realize just how much bullshit republicanism really is.

I don't like corporate welfare, but I don't like it on both sides, Democrats seemed to be happy with TARP, happy with subsidizing GM, or giving tax breaks to GE. The throwing money at Solyndra.

The more I learn, I find out how hypocritical Democrats are. Sorry, but you are a hypocrite.

Now the wealthy. Oh boy.

I don't like corporate welfare, but I don't like it on both sides, Democrats seemed to be happy with TARP, happy with subsidizing GM, or giving tax breaks to GE. The throwing money at Solyndra.

The more I learn, I find out how hypocritical Democrats are. Sorry, but you are a hypocrite.

Yes democrats have supported corporate welfare but historically republicans have always supported it. Not only that, but democrats unlike republicans are honest about the facts on welfare for the poor. The rightwing is ignorant on the most basic facts. It's hypocrisy like none other.

Now the wealthy. Oh boy.

Yes democrats have supported corporate welfare but historically republicans have always supported it. Not only that, but democrats unlike republicans are honest about the facts on welfare for the poor. The rightwing is ignorant on the most basic facts. It's hypocrisy like none other.

You mind reposting this in any manner that would make actual sense? You are making us all dumber with your reply of jingoistic bullshit. The dems support corp welfare but the repubs supported as well and then you throw in the poor for some stupid fucking reason and that's repub hypocrisy.

Spend a few moments and get your head out of your ass.

Now the wealthy. Oh boy.

And Democrats haven't always supported it?

You are dishonest in your claim, the Democrats have supported and loved the rich, right after Reagan closed up a lot of deductions for the rich, both parties have created more and more deductions a loopholes, to where we have more than ever before.

Democrats and Republicans have supported the rich, they fed the banks, during health care , the Dem protect insurance companies.

NAFTA was a bipartisan attack of working people.

CFR was a bipartisan effort to keep incumbents in and others out.

So spare me your self righteous BS! Because that is all spew.

Try to not be a partisan lemming.

Now the wealthy. Oh boy.

Tax breaks? Like writing off business expenses? LOL!

Wealthy hedge fund managers pay billions in taxes each year.

That's funny.

Research by the University of Illinois and UC Berkeley documents that taxpayers pay about $243 billion each year in indirect subsidies to the fast food industry because they pay wages so low that taxpayers must put up $243 billion to pay for public benefits for their workers.

So stop paying those "subsidies". That'll show those mean companies.

The more facts we learn,

The next fact you learn will be the first.

Forum List

Back