Republicans continue their assault on Democracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Credit cards are far more lucrative than ballots.

If there was the same massive fraud you claim comes from unsolicited mailings, then banks would avoid them, since each instance would cost them thousands of dollars.
Banging the same drum and wishing for a different sound is a mental illness.

A new bill in Arizona allows the partisan legislature to overturn the results of the election, eliminates most mail in voting, requires one day of voting and forbids election centers

Arizona is turning Blue
Republicans are set on stopping that from happening

Voters may elect a Democrat, but the Republican Legislature will just overturn the results.
The GOP is pathetic.

Did you ever work a regular 9-5 job?

Not really. Most cases I worked 9 to 10 hours. When I voted I did exactly what you said. I went about 20 minutes before the polls closed. Usually I'm the only one in the place. If not perhaps a few others voting. No standing in line, I just get my ballot from the table and have any stand I decide to vote on.

You finally admitted the quiet part out loud. You don't want poor minorities voting.

Considering you keep voting for Republicans to crash the economy, she's probably a whole lot smarter than you are.

No, I don't want stupid minorities voting. I don't want stupid whites voting, I don't want stupid Hispanics voting. Without the stupid voting, the Communists stand no chance at winning elections. That's why I want to limit the stupid vote. After all, look at what we ended up with this last election. How did this happen? Mail in draws in more Obamaphone ladies.

And how does the wrong person vote, if his signature has to match what the election board has on record? Now you're imagining there are forgers out there, duplicating peoples signatures in order to vote. When they could just as easily forge peoples signatures on wills, or checks, or contracts, or credit cards and make a ton of money.

That's IF they verify the signature which I'm sure many don't. They just want to process the ballots and get the hell out of there.

The GOP is pathetic.
I believe State legislatures can decide how the vote is taken in their State. Georgia changed voting procedures in 2020 without the legislature with a series of pronouncements 'because Covid.' Now Georgia is correcting those changes and is being accused of 'voter suppression.'

I did it for decades. Nothing wrong with it as others did it for generations.

So
When the polls close at 7PM and you work till 6 PM, you must rush to the polls along with anyone else who works

My solution would be to allow weekend voting and mail in voting

Why do you want voting to be an ordeal?

What about allowing people to vote by mail, who don't want to stand in line for hours, next to somebody who because of the governor, doesn't require them to wear masks or get vaccinated for COVID-19.

I voted in person last presidential election when the vaccines were not even out yet. The poll workers made sure everybody had some distance between each other, most had masks on, the line was about 5 minutes long. No problems, and I have several preexisting conditions that could result in death if I caught covid.

A new bill in Arizona allows the partisan legislature to overturn the results of the election, eliminates most mail in voting, requires one day of voting and forbids election centers

Arizona is turning Blue
Republicans are set on stopping that from happening

Voters may elect a Democrat, but the Republican Legislature will just overturn the results.
So,. aside from the first provision, it's pretty much what we've had for many decades.

I believe State legislatures can decide how the vote is taken in their State. Georgia changed voting procedures in 2020 without the legislature with a series of pronouncements 'because Covid.' Now Georgia is correcting those changes and is being accused of 'voter suppression.'

Partisan legislatures have no business overturning the will of We the People without cause

So
When the polls close at 7PM and you work till 6 PM, you must rush to the polls along with anyone else who works

My solution would be to allow weekend voting and mail in voting

Why do you want voting to be an ordeal?

As I stated repeatedly, I have no problem with weekend voting. In fact I have no problem with making voting a national holiday where everybody is off of work. In my state employers are obligated by law to assure their employees have ample time to vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back