Republicans have elected just six blacks to major office in 70 years

Who thinks separating out and counting black people is in itself racist? Who thinks the color of a person's skin is something that should be important to people?

And who thinks those are the most racist of racists when they mercilessly attack, smear, defame, and personally destroy ANY conservative black candidate (or any other minority) who runs for anything?

I just love conservative logic....

If you were running an exclusive country club and I were to say..."I think your country club may be racist" and you replied "Why do you think my country club is racist?" and I replied "Because you have no black members"

Conservative logic would say....."I'm not racist....You are racist for noticing I don't have any black members"

And you honestly think that is illogical when there is nothing to prevent black people from joining the country club?

That is as silly as when I was running a large agency in the midwest and our national imperative was "To eliminate racism wherever it exists and by any means necessary." The Human Resources manager of the city, who became a good friend when we worked on community projects together, was a black man. (He was from my husband's home town at a time when segregation was in full force.) As we took in kids, including black kids, as apprentices, he was instrumental in helping to place them in more permanent jobs when their apprenticeship was over and we didn't have anywhere to place them. Anyhow, we had a lot of discussions about race relations and helping the black kids feel at home in a mostly 'white' environment but agreed little needed to be done because this was not a racist town. It had never been segregated in fact. But, only 2% of the population of our town was black.

But when our national leaders came to town, they were apalled that only about 4% of our membership was black (this in a town with 2% black demographics), and concluded the town must be racist because there weren't more black people there. I was left to ponder whether we go to neighboring towns and BRIBE black people to move into our town so we won't look racist.

Geez. How overreaching and irrational is that?

I am so damn tired of this racial bullshit. Races wanted to be treated as equals yet they point out every failure of the accomplishments of their race and believe they are entitled to a pass. Guess what! Life is not fair and I will be damned if we are going to legislate success for people of color. You earn what you get in this country or should. If your race is failing in this country it is due to there efforts. Prejudices exists in ALL races. I do not get that fuzzy feeling of affection when I am in a area comprised of mostly people of color. Case in point. If a white man or woman walks down the street in a neighborhood of people of color what greeting do you think they would receive? Now reverse the role. Yeah reverse discrimination. I say shut the hell up, do your best and deal with the outcome. President, wealthiest man in the world, both people of color. Maybe it is time for whites to piss and moan every time they do not achieve a goal. We will never have a total equal representation in every aspect of life.

Who thinks separating out and counting black people is in itself racist? Who thinks the color of a person's skin is something that should be important to people?

And who thinks those are the most racist of racists when they mercilessly attack, smear, defame, and personally destroy ANY conservative black candidate (or any other minority) who runs for anything?

If you were running an exclusive country club and I were to say..."I think your country club may be racist" and you replied "Why do you think my country club is racist?" and I replied "Because you have no black members"

Conservative logic would say....."I'm not racist....You are racist for noticing I don't have any black members"

And you honestly think that is illogical when there is nothing to prevent black people from joining the country club?

That is as silly as when I was running a large agency in the midwest and our national imperative was "To eliminate racism wherever it exists and by any means necessary." The Human Resources manager of the city, who became a good friend when we worked on community projects together, was a black man. (He was from my husband's home town at a time when segregation was in full force.) As we took in kids, including black kids, as apprentices, he was instrumental in helping to place them in more permanent jobs when their apprenticeship was over and we didn't have anywhere to place them. Anyhow, we had a lot of discussions about race relations and helping the black kids feel at home in a mostly 'white' environment but agreed little needed to be done because this was not a racist town. It had never been segregated in fact. But, only 2% of the population of our town was black.

But when our national leaders came to town, they were apalled that only about 4% of our membership was black (this in a town with 2% black demographics), and concluded the town must be racist because there weren't more black people there. I was left to ponder whether we go to neighboring towns and BRIBE black people to move into our town so we won't look racist.

None of that matters. To the looney left everyone but them is guilty of anything and everything.

Idiots, the lot of em.

That's just plain stupid.... there are no blacks on my son's little league baseball team, by your pretzel logic, that's evidence that the entire team is racist. Never mind that not one black tried out....

:lol:

Thank you

That is a perfectly logical explanation for why black membership is so low
Now, what is the perfectly logical explanation for why Republicans have only elected six blacks in 70 years?

That's just plain stupid.... there are no blacks on my son's little league baseball team, by your pretzel logic, that's evidence that the entire team is racist. Never mind that not one black tried out....

Good example....now let's expand your sons Little Leagues team to 586 people and you can explain why it has had no blacks for 70 years

Is your excuse that no blacks have tried to run as Republicans for 70 years?

Good example....now let's expand your sons Little Leagues team to 586 people and you can explain why it has had no blacks for 70 years

I don't know whether there are any stats on how many black people have run for office as Republicans and lost. But what if 1000 or more have run for Democratic office and only a pitiful percentage of those have been elected. Would that make Democrats racist?

The point that you are overlooking here is that those who single out skin color for comparison, who make a huge deal about it, who claim some kind of nefarious plot if the demographics aren't exactly right, who are obsessively conscious of race, probably have a far bigger problem with racism than those who don't pay any attention whatsoever to that.

Kudos to paperview

In alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll those years since 1929, you'd think pubs could have found a way to overcome that wretched media they blame so much.

Here is a list of African Americans elected to Congress since 1929.
(compiled before the 2010 election, so it does not reflect current count):
Pay special attention to the party affiliation:

Oscar Stanton De Priest Republican Illinois 1929-1935
Arthur W. Mitchell Democrat Illinois 1935-1943
William L. Dawson Democrat Illinois 1943-1970
Adam Clayton Powell, Jr. Democrat New York 1945-1967, 1967-1971
Charles Diggs Democrat Michigan 1955-1980
Robert N.C. Nix, Sr. Democrat Pennsylvania 1958-1979
John Conyers Democrat 1965-present
Bill Clay Democrat Missouri 1969-2001
Louis Stokes Democrat Ohio 1969-1999
Shirley Chisholm Democrat New York 1969-1983
George W. Collins Democrat Illinois 1970-1972
Ron Dellums Democrat California 1971-1998
Ralph Metcalfe Democrat Illinois 1971-1978
Parren Mitchell Democrat Maryland 1971-1987
Charles B. Rangel Democrat New York 1971-present
Yvonne Brathwaite Burke Democrat California 1973-1979
Cardiss Collins Democrat Illinois 1973-1997
Barbara Jordan Democrat Texas 1973-1979
Andrew Young Democrat Georgia 1973-1977
Harold Ford, Sr. Democrat Tennessee 1975-1997
Julian C. Dixon Democrat California 1979-2000
William H. Gray, III Democrat Pennsylvania 1979-1991
Mickey Leland Democrat Texas 1979-1989
Bennett M. Stewart Democrat Illinois 1979-1981
George W. Crockett, Jr. Democrat Michigan 1980-1991
Mervyn M. Dymally Democrat California 1981-1993
Gus Savage Democrat Illinois 1981-1993
Harold Washington Democrat Illinois 1981-1983
Katie Hall Democrat Indiana 1982-1985
Major Owens Democrat New York 1983-2007
Ed Towns Democrat New York 1983-present
Alan Wheat Democrat Missouri 1983-1995
Charles Hayes Democrat Illinois 1983-1993
Alton R. Waldon, Jr. Democrat New York 1986-1987
Mike Espy Democrat Mississippi 1987-1993
Floyd H. Flake Democrat New York 1987-1998
John Lewis Democrat Georgia 1987-present
Kweisi Mfume Democrat Maryland 1987-1996
Donald M. Payne Democrat New Jersey 1989-present
Craig Anthony Washington Democrat Texas 1989-1995
Barbara-Rose Collins Democrat Michigan 1991-1997
Gary Franks Republican Connecticut 1991-1997
William J. Jefferson Democrat Louisiana 1991-2009
Maxine Waters Democrat California 1991-present
Lucien E. Blackwell Democrat Pennsylvania 1991-1995
Eva M. Clayton Democrat North Carolina 1992-2003
Sanford Bishop Democrat Georgia 1993-present
Corrine Brown Democrat Florida 1993-present
Jim Clyburn Democrat South Carolina 1993-present
Cleo Fields Democrat Louisiana 1993-1997
Alcee Hastings Democrat Florida 1993-present
Earl Hilliard Democrat Alabama 1993-2003
Eddie Bernice Johnson Democrat Texas 1993-present
Cynthia McKinney Democrat Georgia 1993-2003, 2005-2007
Carrie P. Meek Democrat Florida 1993-2003
Mel Reynolds Democrat Illinois 1993-1995
Bobby Rush Democrat Illinois 1993-present
Robert C. Scott Democrat Virginia 1993-present
Walter Tucker Democrat California 1993-1995
Mel Watt Democrat North Carolina 1993-present
Albert Wynn Democrat Maryland 1993-2008
Bennie Thompson Democrat Mississippi 1993-present
Chaka Fattah Democrat Pennsylvania 1995-present
Sheila Jackson-Lee Democrat Texas 1995-present
J. C. Watts Republican Oklahoma 1995-2003
Jesse Jackson, Jr. Democrat Illinois 1995-present
Juanita Millender-McDonald Democrat California 1996-2007
Elijah Cummings Democrat Maryland 1996-present
Julia Carson Democrat Indiana 1997-2007
Danny K. Davis Democrat Illinois 1997-present
Harold Ford, Jr. Democrat Tennessee 1997-2007
Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick Democrat Michigan 1997-present
Gregory W. Meeks Democrat New York 1998-present
Barbara Lee Democrat California 1998-present
Stephanie Tubbs Jones Democrat Ohio 1999-2008
William Lacy Clay, Jr. Democrat Missouri 2001-present
Diane Watson Democrat California 2001-present
Frank Ballance Democrat North Carolina 2003-2004
Artur Davis Democrat Alabama 2003-present
Denise Majette Democrat Georgia 2003-2005
Kendrick Meek Democrat Florida 2003-present
David Scott Democrat Georgia 2003-present
G. K. Butterfield Democrat North Carolina 2004-present
Emanuel Cleaver Democrat Missouri 2005-present
Al Green Democrat Texas 2005-present
Gwen Moore Democrat Wisconsin 2005-present
Yvette D. Clarke Democrat New York 2007-present
Keith Ellison Democrat Minnesota 2007-present
Hank Johnson Democrat Georgia 2007-present
Laura Richardson Democrat California 2007-present
André Carson Democrat Indiana 2008-present
Donna Edwards Democrat Maryland 2008-present
Marcia Fudge Democrat Ohio 2008-present

...in allllllllllllllllllllllllllllll those years...THREE republicans.
93 democrats. ---> Since 1929.
Grand Total: THREE REPUBLICANS.
THREE.

Two additional have been selected since 2010

So, in other words, the ratio of black Republicans elected to black Democrats elected is in line with the ratio of blacks who vote Republican to blacks who vote Democrat.

Interesting .......

When higher percentages of blacks run as Republicans higher percentages will be elected.

Duh.

I don't know whether there are any stats on how many black people have run for office as Republicans and lost. But what if 1000 or more have run for Democratic office and only a pitiful percentage of those have been elected. Would that make Democrats racist?

The point that you are overlooking here is that those who single out skin color for comparison, who make a huge deal about it, who claim some kind of nefarious plot if the demographics aren't exactly right, who are obsessively conscious of race, probably have a far bigger problem with racism than those who don't pay any attention whatsoever to that.

Excellent question. What percentage of black Democrats have lost to white Democrats?

Sticking your head in the sand and claiming you don't have a problem is equally egregious
To hide behind "You are racist because you noticed we never elect blacks" is childish

Excellent question. What percentage of black Democrats have lost to white Democrats?

I would expect the % to be quite high.

Kudos to paperview

In alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll those years since 1929, you'd think pubs could have found a way to overcome that wretched media they blame so much.

THREE.

So, in other words, the ratio of black Republicans elected to black Democrats elected is in line with the ratio of blacks who vote Republican to blacks who vote Democrat.

Interesting .......

When higher percentages of blacks run as Republicans higher percentages will be elected.

Duh.

I repped you for being the first conservative in 12 pages of thread to actually address the issue

Sticking your head in the sand and claiming you don't have a problem is equally egregious
To hide behind "You are racist because you noticed we never elect blacks" is childish

Not at all. It is childish to automatically assume racism when the demographics aren't what you determine to be adequate. With no evidence other than raw demographics, such an assumption is not only imprudent but suspect. It is not childish to assume that those obsessed with race are racist. Because they are.

I am of the opinion that those who accuse others of racism with nothing more to go on than their skin color or political affiliation are probably demonstrating their own prejudices and even probable latent racism.

Thank you

Now, what is the perfectly logical explanation for why Republicans have only elected six blacks in 70 years?

Because most blacks are democrat. Now you tell us why that is?

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Sticking your head up your ass and pretending you are intelligent isn't exactly noteworthy, but you seem to be a pro at it.

How many black senators / reps did you vote for in lily white Dover, NJ?

Bump....

Oh my....look at that
Our resident Board sniper thinks his question is bump worthy

I will have to think on that one for a while.......OK........having never resided in Dover NJ, I will have to say none

Odd... Could have sworn you claimed that once...

So, to rephrase, how many black senators / reps did you vote for wherever the fuck you live in NJ?

I seem to recall Ken Blackwell being the Republican nominee for Ohio governor in 2006. He lost in a landslide election. Why did so many Ohio Democrats not vote for him? Clearly they are racist.

I seem to recall Lynn Swann being the Republican nominee for Pennsylvania governor in 2006. He lost in a landslide election. Pennsylvania is a Democratic leaning state. Clearly PA Democrats are racist.

I seem to recall Michael Steele being the Republican nominee for U.S. Senate in Maryland in 2006. He also lost. Maryland is an overwhelmingly Democratic state. Clearly Maryland Democrats are racist.

I seem to recall Alan Keys being the Republican nominee for U.S. Senate in Illinois in 2004. He also lost in a major landslide. Illinois is an overwhelmingly Democratic state. Clearly Illinois Democrats are racist.

I seem to recall Ryan Frazier being the Republican nominee for Colorado's 7th Congressional District in 2010. It's a Democratic leaning district in the lily white suburbs of Denver. Clearly suburban Democrats are racist.

Then, of course, there was Herman Cain who just recently dropped his presidential run because of all those racist women who fabricated sexual harassment allegations against him.

Is there really a need for anyone to continue engaging you with your own stupidity?

Thank you

so you must be saying that only republicans have voted in the past 70 years because there have been more than 6 black republican candidates for office in that time.

dope

Kudos to paperview

THREE.

Interesting .......

Duh.

I repped you for being the first conservative in 12 pages of thread to actually address the issue

bullshit

lots of people have pointed out how moronic the OP is

Forum List

Back