Republicans have elected just six blacks to major office in 70 years

"I'll have every ****** voting democrat for the next century"

- LBJ

BTW, most blacks were republican up until that point...

I suppose LBJ got his wish....

Interesting.....such loyalty to the Republican Party

At what point did Republicans change course and show blacks the door?

LBJ was a democrat you ignorant tool...

Are you so fucking dumb you don't know the political affiliation of our presidents?

When did democrats start buying the black vote via entitlements???

I will cut you slack because you weren't around back then. Blacks were predominantly Republican in Southern US. There were many black democrats in the north
After the Civil Rights act passed, Republicans made a power play in the south blaming LBJ and the Dems for pushing through desegregation. The Southern Strategy worked and Republicans traded off the black vote for a solid south

Last edited:
Interesting.....such loyalty to the Republican Party

At what point did Republicans change course and show blacks the door?

Are you so fucking dumb you don't know the political affiliation of our presidents?

I will cut you slack because you weren't around back then. Blacks were predominantly Republican in Southern US. There were many black democrats in the north
After the Civil Rights act passed, Republicans made a power play in the south blaming LBJ and the Dems for pushing through desegregation. The Southern Strategy worked and Republicans traded off the black vote for a solid south
BULLSHIT. Democrats resisted the Civil Rights Movement...Notably Owlgore's daddy...and it was Republicans that helped LBJ get it passed.

:eusa_liar::eusa_hand:

Excellent post

Glad to see someone actually addressing the OP. As your post clearly shows, there are blacks who have attempted to run as Republicans but failed.

So what does that show?

Your plea for why Democrats don't vote for black Republicans makes no sense. Why would democrats vote for any Republican? Democrats manage to get black candidates elected without any Republicans voting for them.
The inability for your noted black candidates to win reflects on the unwillingness of the Republican base to get out and support black candidates. Democrats have no problem doing it.
Michael Steele's loss in MD shows Democrats are racist. :thup: They voted for the white guy.

Why should democrats be expected to vote for a Republican candidate? Republicans don't vote for black democrats yet they still manage to get elected

Steele lost because Republicans did not come out for him. Republican candidates are frequently elected in Maryland.......they obviously wouldn't turn out for Steele
:lol:

Nope, Steele lost because MD Democrats voted for the white guy. The MD Democrats clearly are racists.

Sticking your head in the sand and claiming you don't have a problem is equally egregious
To hide behind "You are racist because you noticed we never elect blacks" is childish

I seem to recall Ken Blackwell being the Republican nominee for Ohio governor in 2006. He lost in a landslide election. Why did so many Ohio Democrats not vote for him? Clearly they are racist.

I seem to recall Lynn Swann being the Republican nominee for Pennsylvania governor in 2006. He lost in a landslide election. Pennsylvania is a Democratic leaning state. Clearly PA Democrats are racist.

I seem to recall Michael Steele being the Republican nominee for U.S. Senate in Maryland in 2006. He also lost. Maryland is an overwhelmingly Democratic state. Clearly Maryland Democrats are racist.

I seem to recall Alan Keys being the Republican nominee for U.S. Senate in Illinois in 2004. He also lost in a major landslide. Illinois is an overwhelmingly Democratic state. Clearly Illinois Democrats are racist.

I seem to recall Ryan Frazier being the Republican nominee for Colorado's 7th Congressional District in 2010. It's a Democratic leaning district in the lily white suburbs of Denver. Clearly suburban Democrats are racist.

Then, of course, there was Herman Cain who just recently dropped his presidential run because of all those racist women who fabricated sexual harassment allegations against him.

Is there really a need for anyone to continue engaging you with your own stupidity?

Excellent post

Glad to see someone actually addressing the OP. As your post clearly shows, there are blacks who have attempted to run as Republicans but failed.

So what does that show?

Your plea for why Democrats don't vote for black Republicans makes no sense. Why would democrats vote for any Republican? Democrats manage to get black candidates elected without any Republicans voting for them.
The inability for your noted black candidates to win reflects on the unwillingness of the Republican base to get out and support black candidates. Democrats have no problem doing it.

bullshit

BULLSHIT. Democrats resisted the Civil Rights Movement...Notably Owlgore's daddy...and it was Republicans that helped LBJ get it passed.

Once again you are wrong. Northern Democrats wholeheartedly supported the civil rights bill...as did northern Republicans

It was the Southern Democrats who opposed civil rights ....along with their Southern Republican brethren

Steele lost because Republicans did not come out for him. Republican candidates are frequently elected in Maryland.......

Oh really? I've got news for you. 2/3 of the Maryland state legislature is Democratic. Out of their eight members in the House of Representatives, only two of them are Republicans and the second one just got elected in 2010 in the GOP landslide. Bob Ehrlich who was the Republican governor from 2003 to 2007 has been the only Republican governor of Maryland since the 1960s. They haven't elected a Republican U.S. Senator since 1980 and the last time the state went Republican in presidential races was for Ronald Reagan.

All of this information is easy to find, you know.

Now what's your spin going to be?

Michael Steele's loss in MD shows Democrats are racist. :thup: They voted for the white guy.

Why should democrats be expected to vote for a Republican candidate? Republicans don't vote for black democrats yet they still manage to get elected

Steele lost because Republicans did not come out for him. Republican candidates are frequently elected in Maryland.......they obviously wouldn't turn out for Steele

Nope, Steele lost because MD Democrats voted for the white guy. The MD Democrats clearly are racists.

Maryland Republicans have had no problems getting candidates elected in Maryland. The Republican base just won't turn out for a black candidate

Once again you are wrong. Northern Democrats wholeheartedly supported the civil rights bill...as did northern Republicans

It was the Southern Democrats who opposed civil rights ....along with their Southern Republican brethren

Republicans during the Eisenhower administration introduced civil rights legislation in both 1957 and 1958. You know why it never got passed? Because Democrats filibustered it, just like they did again in 1965, but that time, ultimately caved in.

Steele lost because Republicans did not come out for him. Republican candidates are frequently elected in Maryland.......

Oh really? I've got news for you. 2/3 of the Maryland state legislature is Democratic. Out of their eight members in the House of Representatives, only two of them are Republicans and the second one just got elected in 2010 in the GOP landslide. Bob Ehrlich who was the Republican governor from 2003 to 2007 has been the only Republican governor of Maryland since the 1960s. They haven't elected a Republican U.S. Senator since 1980 and the last time the state went Republican in presidential races was for Ronald Reagan.

NJ is much the same way. Yet we frequently elect Republicans. The Republican base has to get out. I'm not surprised if Maryland Republicans can't get their base out to support a black candidate

Maryland Republicans have had no problems getting candidates elected in Maryland. The Republican base just won't turn out for a black candidate

You really must WANT folks to think you are retarded.

Even if every single registered Republican votes for a Republican candidate in MD, the Republican candidate will lose. Almost 2/3 of registered voters in MD are registered as Democrats.

So, Steele lost because the MD Democrats voted for the white guy. Thus, MD Democrats are clearly racists. ;)

Republicans during the Eisenhower administration introduced civil rights legislation in both 1957 and 1958. You know why it never got passed? Because Democrats filibustered it, just like they did again in 1965, but that time, ultimately caved in.

Again you have to identify which Democrats filibustered it. The Democratic Party was a fractured party in the 50s and 60s.....much like the GOP is today with the Tea Baggers

Five Congressmen, one senator, no governors, no presidents

In an embarrassing example of inclusiveness, Republicans have almost never selected blacks to represent them. While they claim they only consider character and qualifications in selecting Republican candidates, they somehow have selected white candidates in thousands of elections while only finding six blacks qualified to wear the Republican banner

You really are a boob

NJ is much the same way. Yet we frequently elect Republicans. The Republican base has to get out. I'm not surprised if Maryland Republicans can't get their base out to support a black candidate

No, New Jersey is not the same way. The state, while Democratic leaning, is far more Republican friendly than Maryland is. Maryland is a very tough state for the GOP. And your premise makes no sense anyway. How the hell did Michael Steele get nominated in the first place? It was in the primary which is typically the party base that votes. So your premise is that the GOP gets their base out there during the nomination, nominates the black guy to be their nominee, but then don't turn out in the general election to see the job through?

You're such a fucking liar and I'm not wasting any more of my time with you. Your little trolling experiment has failed and blown up in your face and you're too much of a candy ass pussy to man up and admit that you're wrong, typical of your ilk. You have no credibility in this discussion, not that you had much to begin with. Go kick back in your mom's basement and continue wallowing over your white guilt.

You really must WANT folks to think you are retarded.

Even if every single registered Republican votes for a Republican candidate in MD, the Republican candidate will lose. Almost 2/3 of registered voters in MD are registered as Democrats.

So, Steele lost because the MD Democrats voted for the white guy. Thus, MD Democrats are clearly racists. ;)

No, he's not interested in the truth. It's more than evident at this point that he's bored out of his mind and just trying to get a rise out of people. It's best to just leave the thread at this point and let him play with himself.

The vote on the Civil Rights Act of 1967:

“Southern” here are the confederate states. And yes all 10 Republicans in the House and the one Republican in the Senate opposed the Civil Rights Act. As did 87 and 20 Democrats respectively. Seven out of 94 Democrats voted for it in the House and 1 out of 21 Democrats voted for it in the Senate.

The House Version - Yays and Nays
• Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7%–93%)
• Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0%–100%)
• Northern Democrats: 145-9 (94%–6%)
• Northern Republicans: 138-24 (85%–15%)
The Senate version:
• Southern Democrats: 1–20 (5%–95%)
• Southern Republicans: 0–1 (0%–100%)
• Northern Democrats: 45-1 (98%–2%)
• Northern Republicans: 27-5 (84%–16%)

The final vote of the whole House and Senate:
The Senate version:
• Democratic Party: 46-21 (69%–31%)
• Republican Party: 27-6 (82%–18%)
The Senate version, voted on by the House:[13]
• Democratic Party: 153-91 (63%–37%)
• Republican Party: 136-35 (80%–20%)
Without strong support of the Republicans, the bill never would have made it out of the Senate and never would have been acted into law.

Exactly.

:eusa_liar:

Seriously, why would I want to be lead by a people that throughout 99 percent of the country's they have power in are total third world shit holes? I want the opposite of all the things listed below and the best for this country...
-Lowest living standards
-highest crime rates
-least advancement
-1 out of every 3 men admitting to rape
-No ability to stay with one woman or to raise a child right.
-NO RESPECT FOR WOMAN or family

Why, Would I the people that turn our citites into ghetto's to have power over my life. seriously???

Not to even get into the part of the matter that only 13 percent of the population of this country are negroid...Why elect someone based on skin color, because they somehow think they should be given something? Elections to public office is a very serious thing and shouldn't be given to anything besides the very best.

To bad having a big mouth that expects everything handed to you isn't the best.:mad:

Last edited:

Again you have to identify which Democrats filibustered it. The Democratic Party was a fractured party in the 50s and 60s.....much like the GOP is today with the Tea Baggers

Democrats don't have that issue, do you rw? You all agree on every issue. You'll laugh and scoff at the absurdity of my point, but you won't provide any actual example of any meaningful issue that Democrats disagree on.

Forum List

Back