Republicans have elected just six blacks to major office in 70 years

The Republican Party is 90% white and based in the Confederate South. "nuff said.

The vote on the Civil Rights Act of 1967:

“Southern” here are the confederate states. And yes all 10 Republicans in the House and the one Republican in the Senate opposed the Civil Rights Act. As did 87 and 20 Democrats respectively. Seven out of 94 Democrats voted for it in the House and 1 out of 21 Democrats voted for it in the Senate.

The House Version - Yays and Nays
• Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7%–93%)
• Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0%–100%)
• Northern Democrats: 145-9 (94%–6%)
• Northern Republicans: 138-24 (85%–15%)
The Senate version:
• Southern Democrats: 1–20 (5%–95%)
• Southern Republicans: 0–1 (0%–100%)
• Northern Democrats: 45-1 (98%–2%)
• Northern Republicans: 27-5 (84%–16%)

The final vote of the whole House and Senate:
The Senate version:
• Democratic Party: 46-21 (69%–31%)
• Republican Party: 27-6 (82%–18%)
The Senate version, voted on by the House:[13]
• Democratic Party: 153-91 (63%–37%)
• Republican Party: 136-35 (80%–20%)
Without strong support of the Republicans, the bill never would have made it out of the Senate and never would have been acted into law.

Thanks for the numbers

Once again they clearly show it was a north/south issue and not a democrat/republican issue

Southern Republicans voted 100% against civil rights
The percent of Northern Dems voting in favor was higher than Northern Repubs

Last edited:
The Republican Party is 90% white and based in the Confederate South. "nuff said.

It's enough for a mindless liberal who has a stick up their ass and no clue what they are talking about. But you're covered so I guess we can stop there...

This country is still 66 percent white...why should we elect a person from a race that mostly lives in its own crap to lead us? How the fuck does it benfit us? You support having 90 percent of all blacks voting for their interest and their people, but you slam any white that does it. We're expected to lay down and die. FUCK YOU RDEAN. You're a piece of anti-white shit!:mad:

Oh really? I've got news for you. 2/3 of the Maryland state legislature is Democratic. Out of their eight members in the House of Representatives, only two of them are Republicans and the second one just got elected in 2010 in the GOP landslide. Bob Ehrlich who was the Republican governor from 2003 to 2007 has been the only Republican governor of Maryland since the 1960s. They haven't elected a Republican U.S. Senator since 1980 and the last time the state went Republican in presidential races was for Ronald Reagan.

All of this information is easy to find, you know.

Now what's your spin going to be?

NJ is much the same way. Yet we frequently elect Republicans. The Republican base has to get out. I'm not surprised if Maryland Republicans can't get their base out to support a black candidate

No, New Jersey is not the same way. The state, while Democratic leaning, is far more Republican friendly than Maryland is. Maryland is a very tough state for the GOP. And your premise makes no sense anyway. How the hell did Michael Steele get nominated in the first place? It was in the primary which is typically the party base that votes. So your premise is that the GOP gets their base out there during the nomination, nominates the black guy to be their nominee, but then don't turn out in the general election to see the job through?

You're such a fucking liar and I'm not wasting any more of my time with you. Your little trolling experiment has failed and blown up in your face and you're too much of a candy ass pussy to man up and admit that you're wrong, typical of your ilk. You have no credibility in this discussion, not that you had much to begin with. Go kick back in your mom's basement and continue wallowing over your white guilt.

Sooooooo..after all this

Your point is that Democrats won't vote for Republicans. The crux of your argument is Republicans ran a sacrificial black candidate in a predominantly Democratic state and he lost. That is the extent of the proof that Republicans are not racist?

Big fucking deal

Last edited:

This country is still 66 percent white...why should we elect a person from a race that mostly lives in its own crap to lead us? How the fuck does it benfit us? You support having 90 percent of all blacks voting for their interest and their people, but you slam any white that does it. We're expected to lay down and die. FUCK YOU RDEAN. You're a piece of anti-white shit!:mad:

This is the sentiment of the vast majority of those right-wing posters making excuses and bashing RW on this thread.

Sooooooo..after all this

Your point is that Democrats won't vote for Republicans

Big fucking deal

Most elected black Democrats are liberal black congressmen in liberal black districts. Once again you fist pump yourself for something your beloved Democratic party deserves no credit for.

Steele lost because Republicans did not come out for him. Republican candidates are frequently elected in Maryland.......

Oh really? I've got news for you. 2/3 of the Maryland state legislature is Democratic. Out of their eight members in the House of Representatives, only two of them are Republicans and the second one just got elected in 2010 in the GOP landslide. Bob Ehrlich who was the Republican governor from 2003 to 2007 has been the only Republican governor of Maryland since the 1960s. They haven't elected a Republican U.S. Senator since 1980 and the last time the state went Republican in presidential races was for Ronald Reagan.

NJ is much the same way. Yet we frequently elect Republicans.

I ask you again, what black senators / representatives have YOU voted for personally?

Sooooooo..after all this

Big fucking deal

Most elected black Democrats are liberal black congressmen in liberal black districts. Once again you fist pump yourself for something your beloved Democratic party deserves no credit for.

Which is irrelevant

Nothing says the Republicans can't run a conservative black candidate in a conservative district .........except the base won't vote for him

NJ is much the same way. Yet we frequently elect Republicans.

I ask you again, what black senators / representatives have YOU voted for personally?

For you Dr House....I'll make a special offer

You make one post in your life on what you actually believe on an issue and I will answer your question

That's not hard is it?

Sooooooo..after all this

Big fucking deal

Which is irrelevant

Nothing says the Republicans can't run a conservative black candidate in a conservative district .........except the base won't vote for him

And as I pointed out nothing says Democrats can't run a liberal black candidate in a liberal white district.............except the base won't vote for him.

Funny how when Republicans do it, you call it racism. When Democrats do it, you call it "irrelevant." You don't even get it, do you rw?

This is the sentiment of the vast majority of those right-wing posters making excuses and bashing RW on this thread.

matthew's a racist piece of shit, just like you. :thup:

now grab your lantern and get back on the lawn; company's coming

matthew's a racist piece of shit, just like you. :thup:

now grab your lantern and get back on the lawn; company's coming

Ah, a racist comment from a "non-racist". Hahahaha. Fuck you.

Forum List

Back