Republicans: Healthcare worse for Americans than 9-11

You are a fool. A willfull one at that.

Another genius that believes somehow a lack of insurance has the ability to kill. I was uninsured for fifteen years. My lack of insurance never even tried to kill me.

20% of the population is nonempathetic..or in other words sociopathic. About the same number and group that still claims to be republican. You are not alone.

You are either paranoid or drunk if you think people are killed by lack of insurance. Of course, you might just be stupid. It is illness and/or injury that kills people.

Another genius that believes somehow a lack of insurance has the ability to kill. I was uninsured for fifteen years. My lack of insurance never even tried to kill me.

20% of the population is nonempathetic..or in other words sociopathic. About the same number and group that still claims to be republican. You are not alone.

You are either paranoid or drunk if you think people are killed by lack of insurance. Of course, you might just be stupid. It is illness and/or injury that kills people.

I don't mind so much that you promote policies that are against your own best interest ..I just find it troubling that you go out of your way to hurt good americans.

I don't mind so much that you promote policies that are against your own best interest ..I just find it troubling that you go out of your way to hurt good americans.

perhaps you can show me a single individual that was killed by health insurance, or lack of it, as opposed to being killed by illness or injury

And it is this type of situation for which BK protection is extended. As for being "my idiotic self" being uninsured- you are correct. My point exactly. I made the choice- and I dealt with the consequences- in a responsible manner. I did not expect the government to rescue me.

And who was going to have to pay for it if you weren't able to pay it back?

Money's got to come from somewhere.

And it is this type of situation for which BK protection is extended. As for being "my idiotic self" being uninsured- you are correct. My point exactly. I made the choice- and I dealt with the consequences- in a responsible manner. I did not expect the government to rescue me.

And who was going to have to pay for it if you weren't able to pay it back?

Money's got to come from somewhere.

I was able to. And if I hadn't- the providers would have. And that would have passed on as higher prices.

Lots of people buy cars they cant afford, which then ends up in a repo and a deficiency after sale, which is a loss to the car dealers and finance companies. Perhaps we should have government force everyone to buy a car to help offset those costs....

Having a Congress that says they have the Constitutional authority to FORCE people to buy health care IS worse than a terrorist attack.

It's an attack on the basic framework of our country and is the institution of Tyranny

Do they force seniors to take medicare?

Amazing how hard you guys work for the drug companies and healthcare providers regardless of how far they push. And after 8 years of allowing them to run amock, now you want to defend them? And then you'll say you know how to fix them? Who trusts you? So all you do is undermine our efforts. Reminds me of when you guys defended the oil companies at $4 a gallon.

Democracy, not Capitism, is what makes this country great.

Miss Foxx is a dumb ass. Yes her constituents are afraid and confused, because she scared and confused them.

perhaps you can show me a single individual that was killed by health insurance, or lack of it, as opposed to being killed by illness or injury

Your repeticious mantra does little to obscure your hatred of americans.

The other day a survivor went on Thom Hartmann to say her sister was denied $ for her cancer treatment. They fought for 4 months and finally got approval for the $. By that time it was too late.

And how about the people who have been bankrupted because of a lack of insurance? You don't want to solve that problem? Can't happen to you? Think again.

Your repeticious mantra does little to obscure your hatred of americans.

and your poor spelling does little to obscure your shallow intellect.

The other day a survivor went on Thom Hartmann to say her sister was denied $ for her cancer treatment. They fought for 4 months and finally got approval for the $. By that time it was too late.

And how about the people who have been bankrupted because of a lack of insurance? You don't want to solve that problem? Can't happen to you? Think again.

Killed by cancer, not lack of insurance. And what about the people bankrupted because they didn't buy insiurance? Bankruptcy provides solid protection in such cases.

if a lack of insurance killed people we wouldnt have to reform health insurance at all. The uninsured would be dead, and that would be that. But clearly, lack of health insurance does not kill people, as millions of people go years without insurance with no ill effects. People die with insurance. Why? Because of illness and injury.

Killed by cancer, not lack of insurance. And what about the people bankrupted because they didn't buy insiurance? Bankruptcy provides solid protection in such cases.

Denied treatment that would have cured her cancer. The insurance companies killed her. If you can't see that, I can't help you.

So if an insurance CEO shoots you, his lawyer will say his client didn't kill you, the bullet did. :lol:

Bankruptsy laws were changed during the Bush era so that it would be much harder for us but much easier for corporations to go bankrupt.

Your solution to these problems are no solution at all. Your position on issues like this are why you aren't winning elections.

if a lack of insurance killed people we wouldnt have to reform health insurance at all. The uninsured would be dead, and that would be that. But clearly, lack of health insurance does not kill people, as millions of people go years without insurance with no ill effects. People die with insurance. Why? Because of illness and injury.

Arguments like this are just a distraction from the real problems/solutions. Thank God the Dems are in charge now. When the GOP were the majority, arguments like this were actually taken seriously. Its arguments like this that the GOP made for 8 years while the insurance companies were raising their rates 191%.

So your solution is for us to not get sick. Got it.

Denied treatment that would have cured her cancer. The insurance companies killed her. If you can't see that, I can't help you.

So if an insurance CEO shoots you, his lawyer will say his client didn't kill you, the bullet did. :lol:

Bankruptsy laws were changed during the Bush era so that it would be much harder for us but much easier for corporations to go bankrupt.

Your solution to these problems are no solution at all. Your position on issues like this are why you aren't winning elections.

Denied treatment that might have cured what was killing her. Big difference. And if an insurance CEO shoots me- he killed me. And BK is not hard. At all. You might have to do a 13 as opposed to a 7, but so what? As for solutions- what solutions have I offered?

Arguments like this are just a distraction from the real problems/solutions. Thank God the Dems are in charge now. When the GOP were the majority, arguments like this were actually taken seriously. Its arguments like this that the GOP made for 8 years while the insurance companies were raising their rates 191%.

No. My argument on this thread is that a lack of insurance does not kill people, injury and illness do. My solution? Tort reform. Allow for the purchase of insurance across state lines. Expand medicare to cover the roughly ten million people that need it. DONT TURN THE INDUSTRY OVER TO GOVERNMENT CONTROL. Expect people to take responsibility for themselves. Change incrementally to see what works, and avoid creating larger problems.

LOL...Its the same...Guns don't kill people argument

Sure, if people didn't get sick, they wouldn't need health insurance

Denied treatment that might have cured what was killing her. Big difference. And if an insurance CEO shoots me- he killed me. And BK is not hard. At all. You might have to do a 13 as opposed to a 7, but so what? As for solutions- what solutions have I offered?

Ok, so treatment only cures 7 in 10. So the insurance companies practices kills 7 in 10.

Bankruptsy is a lot less attractive today than it was before the GOP passed laws making it harder for people but easier for corporations. Saying it is not hard doesn't make you right. How do you know? Explain to me the process? Explain you understand what changes were made to the laws in the last 8 years. Do you even know?

The point is, healthcare should not be bankrupting as many Americans as it does now. Its not healthy/good for America. We must solve this. You might not want it solved, but enough of us do. Hell, even people with insurance are being bankrupted with healthcare costs, or being denied because of pre existing conditions.

Basically we needed to solve these problems when Hillary tried to fix healthcare and NOW we need to undo a lot of the things the GOP did in the last 8 years that made things even worse. I know you won't agree, just like you probably approved of what the GOP did the last 8 years when I was complaining. And CLEARLY I was right. The Bush/Delay run government was horrible for the masses but great for the mega rich. You probably fit somewhere in the middle so you don't care as much as people like me. I do feel like the GOP's policies will negatively affect me. Maybe you don't, and that's great. So then vote for the rich believing that you are one of them. But many just like you have realized, "hey, I'm getting screwed too". And that's why Obama won and the Dems took more seats in both houses.

So you can continue to side with the GOP on healthcare, drill baby drill, outsourcing jobs, wallmart, tax breaks for the rich and less regulations. I hope you do. It is what cost you the election.

Guns dont kill people. People kil people using guns.

No. My argument on this thread is that a lack of insurance does not kill people, injury and illness do. My solution? Tort reform. Allow for the purchase of insurance across state lines. Expand medicare to cover the roughly ten million people that need it. DONT TURN THE INDUSTRY OVER TO GOVERNMENT CONTROL. Expect people to take responsibility for themselves. Change incrementally to see what works, and avoid creating larger problems.

Tort reform is just a right wing distraction to get us off topics like CEO pay, pre existing conditions or the fact that pooling us all together would reduce costs dramatically. That lame old argument again? LOL. Ok, so you just saved us each a nickle on our healthcare costs. What else you got? Reminds me of Drill Baby Drill when the GOP wanted to give the oil companies all our land and natural resources for NOTHING.

Tort costs take up less than 1% of healthcare costs.

You guys would love to shift the focus away from the real problems and start talking about tort reform.

PS. When they say tort reform, they mean they don't want you to be able to sue when you are wronged. What's good about that? Just like the bankrupsy laws. Harder for you to use the courts? Again they got right wing voters arguing against their own self interests.

And guarantee they won't limit the corporations ability to sue and/or use the legal system to their advantage.

Guns dont kill people. People kil people using guns.

If I have the antidote to a snake bite and you get bit and I don't give you the medicine, did I kill you or did the snake bite kill you?

In a court of law, you would be negligable. Just like if you knew CPR and didn't help me and I died, you could be prosecuted under the good semeritan law.

Forum List

Back