Republicans: Healthcare worse for Americans than 9-11

Who says it has to benefit you?

Who says everyone is as greedy as you?

Look at me, I am greedy!! I ask a simple question and the leftwinger gets emotional!!

Not my fault if your "dear Leaders" forgot to program you on how to answer that question!!

Thats what makes the plan so appealing, if you like your plan, you keep it.

How can it help you? Competition can help keep down costs, Small businesses can provide afordable healthcare, it assures that you cannot be dropped if you become sick, if you lose your job you still have healtcare option

Win...Win

Does the current Bill does that. Also, what about the "mandates" to purchase a policy that the right wingers keep yelling about?

I have a better question--where is the copy of the draft to the Bill?

In my twenties I suffered a catastrophic injury without insurance. Ended up with thirty-five thousand dollars in medical bills. And instead of livin high on the hog, I saved my beer and ciggarrette money, sold my car and bought a motorcycle, and paid the bills off. I know responsibility is a foreign concept to you, but damn, lady...

What a coincidence, I have a friend who was in a similar situation.

Except he was in a coma for 6 months and wound up owing $750,000.

This was in the 90's. He still hasn't paid it off, imagine that.

You should be thanking sweet Jesus your moronic uninsured idiotic self was fortunate enough to wind up with a relatively minor hospital bill instead of one that would take a lifetime to pay off. Instead you self righteously brag about how you were so stupid you didn't get insurance but were able to pay off your tiny hospital bill anyway.

And it is this type of situation for which BK protection is extended. As for being "my idiotic self" being uninsured- you are correct. My point exactly. I made the choice- and I dealt with the consequences- in a responsible manner. I did not expect the government to rescue me.

In my twenties I suffered a catastrophic injury without insurance. Ended up with thirty-five thousand dollars in medical bills. And instead of livin high on the hog, I saved my beer and ciggarrette money, sold my car and bought a motorcycle, and paid the bills off. I know responsibility is a foreign concept to you, but damn, lady...

You should be thanking sweet Jesus your moronic uninsured idiotic self was fortunate enough to wind up with a relatively minor hospital bill instead of one that would take a lifetime to pay off. Instead you self righteously brag about how you were so stupid you didn't get insurance but were able to pay off your tiny hospital bill anyway.

The system works just fine....of course the majority of bankruptcies are health care related, but the system works just fine. Ask Liebermann and any republican.

The system works just fine....of course the majority of bankruptcies are health care related, but the system works just fine. Ask Liebermann and any republican.

Who said the system works perfectly and does not need some changes? The mistake you libterds continually make about health insurance, and indeed about America, is that is needs transformation...

In any event, ZONA, the opinion of someone that believes an individual without health insurance is a victim of terror, cannot be very well reasoned...

In any event, ZONA, the opinion of someone that believes an individual without health insurance is a victim of terror, cannot be very well reasoned...

over 40 thousand Americans die yearly because of the system we have now, the majority of bankruptcies that occur is because of this great system.....if that is not some sort of terrorism, I don't know what is.

3000 died on 9/11, more than that will die next month because of this great system we have.

Still backing up the insurance companies? Beyond reasoning indeed.

over 40 thousand Americans die yearly because of the system we have now, the majority of bankruptcies that occur is because of this great system.....if that is not some sort of terrorism, I don't know what is.

3000 died on 9/11, more than that will die next month because of this great system we have.

Well, we do agree on the idea in bold.

Health Insurance never killed anyone. Grow up.

Health insurance didnt kill anyone, lack of it did. Because of lack of it, bankruptcies happen and so does death.

Grow up indeed.

Health insurance didnt kill anyone, lack of it did. Because of lack of it, bankruptcies happen and so does death.

Grow up indeed.

Lack of insurance does not kill people. Illness and injury do.

Grow up indeed.

you dance as well as Rocks Zona....answer post 138....

Grow up indeed.

so if a person has an accident, or an illness, and doesnt have insurance, it wont kill him? Cancer, car accidents...oh hell, who needs insurance...home remedy's are the best!

What sense does this make?

Well, if things work out, perhaps some of the people who have cancer can now actually be treated or better yet, caught in time to stop it.

If we have a system that allows a person to get cancer, go to their insurance company and not be dropped.....well then we all win.

Its not about welfare queens here guys, it about people like you who get sick, go to the their insurance company and get dropped at THEIR whim.

Get it now?

If you get fired, you and your family will be dropped right now. If one of your family members has a long term illness, you may NEVER be able to get insurance because you have a pre existing condition. If they find you had surgery on your toe in high school, they could determine you have a pre existing condition and get dropped. etc etc etc.

Get it now?

hey Zona...is the Govt going to cover EVERYONE no matter what their problem,no matter how expensive their treatment (if they have insurance with them, yes.)......is the govt going to send health care workers to someones house to take care of someone who needs professional help (perhaps, depends on the situation).....are they going to cover catastrophic illnesses(yes)....surgeries that cost 6 figures.....are they going to help the elderly cover costs if they need to go to a home OR are they going to ask for their house to be signed over to them(the way the sytem works now is, people give up their hoses or die because of the caps, you do know this right? Bankruptcies, lose houses etc etc).....and one final question.....if this plan that Pelosi thinks is so hot....is that great.....is Congress going to join the peasants and be on this plan also(they already have insurance, why would they, why would you?)....

Grow up indeed.

you dance as well as Rocks Zona....answer post 138....

Dance with that. Every single thing you just mentioned happens now to people with insurance and those insurance companies can drop people for those reasons. How is this fair?

If they have competition, cant not accept you because of pre existing conditions, then we win. Do you think the system works now? If so, stay with your company, pay what you pay and leave the uninsured alone.

This bill has nothing, NOTHING to do with you. Keep your insurance. $$$

Last edited:

Grow up indeed.

so if a person has an accident, or an illness, and doesnt have insurance, it wont kill him? Cancer, car accidents...oh hell, who needs insurance...home remedy's are the best!

No, the lack of insurance wont kill them. Lets someone gets injured, has insurance, but does not get treatment and dies. It is not the lack of insurance that killed them. There are exactly two things that kill people. Injury and illness.

In other words, if lack of insurance killed people, We'd be short 50 million people right now.

Grow up indeed.

What wont kill him? The ilnness or injury? It might. The lack of insurance? Dont be stupid. Who needs insurance? Nobody. You need food and water. You need air. Insurance is a want.

You are a fool. A willfull one at that.

Virginia Foxx: Health Care Reform Is A Bigger Threat Than "Any Terrorist Right Now In Any Country" (VIDEO)

Are you afraid yet?

Rep. Virginia Foxx (R-N.C.) claimed on Monday that health care reform is a bigger threat than terrorism -- the latest incendiary comment from a Republican lawmaker on the supposedly dire consequences of the legislation.

Speaking on the House floor, the North Carolina lawmaker said:

Everywhere I go in my district, people tell me they are frightened. ... I share that fear, and I believe they should be fearful. And I believe the greatest fear that we all should have to our freedom comes from this room -- this very room -- and what may happen later this week in terms of a tax increase bill masquerading as a health care bill. I believe we have more to fear from the potential of that bill passing than we do from any terrorist right now in any country.Foxx's attack comes just days after Rep. John Shadegg (R-Ariz.) said that the health care reform is an issue more important "than the impeachment of President Clinton or even 9/11 and the decision to go to war."

Read more at: Virginia Foxx: Health Care Reform Is A Bigger Threat Than "Any Terrorist Right Now In Any Country" (VIDEO)

What a completely ridiculous and childish title.

I won't waste my time reading this one!

Mike

Virginia Foxx: Health Care Reform Is A Bigger Threat Than "Any Terrorist Right Now In Any Country" (VIDEO)

Are you afraid yet?

Rep. Virginia Foxx (R-N.C.) claimed on Monday that health care reform is a bigger threat than terrorism -- the latest incendiary comment from a Republican lawmaker on the supposedly dire consequences of the legislation.

Speaking on the House floor, the North Carolina lawmaker said:

Everywhere I go in my district, people tell me they are frightened. ... I share that fear, and I believe they should be fearful. And I believe the greatest fear that we all should have to our freedom comes from this room -- this very room -- and what may happen later this week in terms of a tax increase bill masquerading as a health care bill. I believe we have more to fear from the potential of that bill passing than we do from any terrorist right now in any country.Foxx's attack comes just days after Rep. John Shadegg (R-Ariz.) said that the health care reform is an issue more important "than the impeachment of President Clinton or even 9/11 and the decision to go to war."

Read more at: Virginia Foxx: Health Care Reform Is A Bigger Threat Than "Any Terrorist Right Now In Any Country" (VIDEO)

What a completely ridiculous and childish title.

I won't waste my time reading this one!

Mike

How did you guess what the title said if you didn't read it? Can you do any other tricks?

Another genius that believes somehow a lack of insurance has the ability to kill. I was uninsured for fifteen years. My lack of insurance never even tried to kill me.

Another genius that believes somehow a lack of insurance has the ability to kill. I was uninsured for fifteen years. My lack of insurance never even tried to kill me.

20% of the population is nonempathetic..or in other words sociopathic. About the same number and group that still claims to be republican. You are not alone.

Forum List

Back