Republicans Just Lost the Alaska House Seat

Wait....did she also steal classified documents! MY WORD!
Of course Nancy Pelosi is NOT moronically stupid like Trump, and she stole no documents. But she is 82 years old and I confess I’m sick of her and her leadership of the Dems.

On the other hand I don’t like the Repubs automatic demonization of her and every other Democratic women who has talent and energy and power. Pelosi does still seem quite a bit sharper than Biden, and certainly brings in more money for the Dems than any other politician — so she may be around for quite a while yet.

I especially disliked her provocative Cold War posturing over Taiwan. It reminded me too much of Hillary Clinton. Pelosi’s opposition to legislation that would ban legislators (and their spouses) from trading stocks as well as to other hard-hitting anti-corruption measures also upsets me.

Perhaps I’m most unhappy that the ranks of “new blood” Democratic politicians is so thin, and real working class oriented economic “progressives” among them are thinner still. It’s good to see the victory in Alaska, though. The “new blood” politicians in the Republican Party, mostly shitstain grifters, and opportunist weirdos like pro-Trump ex-Governor Sarah Palin, of course offer less than nothing.

Just one man’s opinion I guess.

A useful thread for the casual observer. When I saw the result I assumed that it was a disaster for the GOP.
Having read the detailed analysis I now realise that this was a big win for the GOP and a precurser of victory in November.
Biden is fucked.

A useful thread for the casual observer. When I saw the result I assumed that it was a disaster for the GOP.
Having read the detailed analysis I now realise that this was a big win for the GOP and a precurser of victory in November.
Biden is fucked.
I hope you just forgot to add a “/s” satire note to this comment! Lol!

Both the Republican Senator who followed her conscience and voted to impeach Trump after he lost the 2020 election (and yet tried to remain in power), and Democratic Congresswoman candidate Mary Peltola won the final round of voting — and their vote totals showed they both got absolute majorities, and won especially among independent voters.

There are a huge number of independents in Alaska and libertarian types who don’t accept the anti-abortion statism and general lunacy of Trump election deniers. They also demanded and won electoral change from the b.s. self-interested two-party status quo system. They of course had earlier voted for “Ranked Choice Voting,” an important reform that should be adopted everywhere.

A huge victory against Palin and all the other Trump Republican lunatics!

Last edited:
Both the Republican Senator who followed her conscience and voted to impeach Trump after he lost the 2020 election (and yet tried to remain in power), and Democratic Congresswoman candidate Mary Peltola won the final round of voting — and their vote totals showed they both got absolute majorities, and won especially among independent voters.

There are a huge number of independents in Alaska and libertarian types who don’t accept the anti-abortion statism and general lunacy of Trump election deniers. They also demanded and won electoral change from the b.s. self-interested two-party status quo system. They of course had earlier voted for “Ranked Choice Voting,” an important reform that should be adopted everywhere.

You all have to read this.

Barr is a Douche Bag

He was hired to protect the excesses of the President and did so until the last days of his Presidency
I remember having high hopes for him, having read that he had a sterling reputation in DC.

THAT went into the shitter pretty quickly, starting with his blatantly dishonest comments about the Mueller probe.

I guess the orange cancer can hit anyone.

I remember having high hopes for him, having read that he had a sterling reputation in DC.

THAT went into the shitter pretty quickly, starting with his blatantly dishonest comments about the Mueller probe.

what did he say that was dishonest about the mueller probe?

His letter auditioning for the AG job raised red flags and then a quick google revealed his actions regarding the pardons of the Bush Admin felons in the early 90s confirmed those red flags.

Billy the Bagman

Every single state using ranked choice voting held their election and they were absolute disasters. Here we are getting results for an election 2 and a half weeks after election day. Why on God's green earth would you think that is a good thing?

Forum List

Back