Republicans kick some Democrat butt

PLEASE get it from a MODERATE who worked on Carter, Clinton or Obama's staff? Pretty please?

You do realize that your approval of a source isn't needed?

Sure, BUT seeming how Bruce Bartlkett worked for Reagan, and Ronn Paul, kinda thought him being a MODERATE might get to you? Just saying

Once again the Left thinks that ALL righties are in lockstep like they are.

Why don't YOU point out a Conservative Policy Bammy has put forward?

ACA

FLASHBACK: Heritage Touted RomneyCare, Key Elements Of Health Reform Heritage Now Opposes

Heritage On Romney’s Individual Mandate: “Not an unreasonable position, and one that is clearly consistent with conservative values.” [Heritage, 1/28/06]
– Heritage On President Obama’s Individual Mandate: “Both unprecedented and unconstitutional.” [Heritage, 12/9/09]

– Heritage On Romney’s Insurance Exchange: An “innovative mechanism to promote real consumer choice.” [Heritage, 4/20/06]

– Heritage On President Obama’s Insurance Exchange: Creates a “de facto public option” by “grow[ing]” government control over healthcare.” [Heritage, 3/30/10]

– Heritage On Romney’s Medicaid Expansion: Reduced “the total cost to taxpayers” by taking people out of the “uncompensated care pool.” [Heritage, 1/28/06]

– Heritage On President Obama’s Medicaid Expansion: Expands a “broken entitlement program,” providing a “low-quality, poorly functioning program.” [Heritage, 3/30/10]

In fact, in 2007, Heritage again boasted that Romney’s plan is “already showing progress.” That same year, Heritage proudly posted a video of Romney gloating that Heritage officials had supported him in creating “ultimate conservatism” with the Massachusetts health plan. Watch it:

STIMULUS 40% TAX CUTS/CREDITS?

Followed Dubya's exit plan on Iraq. Oh right, DIDN'T follow the GOP 'plan' on Bin Laden, but tracked his ass down a took caree of him

NEED MORE?

We didn't support the ACA, we still don't.
Again you assume that ALL "conservatives" are just like you, lockstep with your king.

Neither Romneycare nor oBamacare are "conservative" ideas, sorry.

How dare I think right wing Heritage might be 'conservative' My bad

I'm trying to figure out what exactly "big government" means to a right winger. I lean left on most issues, but to me, big oppressive government is big intrusive government agencies that spy on their own citizens. Big spending, to me, is wasting trillions of dollars on useless unnecessary wars. Just trying to break the code.

Well, then you should ask a right winger. Stopped reading here since the question wasn't for me.

Libertarians are FARRRRRRR right wingers Bubba, especially on economics!

Actually, we are moderates. We want government to be a referee, not a kindergarten teacher.

YOU are a moderate? LMAOROG

Bubba, you are soooo extreme even Rove is laughing his ass off at you and your type

The funny part of this is that you don't even know what a stupid comment this was.

We rejected Rove, he is NOT a Conservative.

Oh right the TEA PARTY won right? lol

Republicans’ First Step Was to Handle Extremists in Party

It was late spring, and Republican leaders knew that if they wanted to win the Senate, they needed to crush the enemy: not Democrats, but the rebels within their own party.
And Chris McDaniel, a Senate candidate from Mississippi who had a history of making sexist and racially insensitive remarks, was a problem.

Candidates like Scott Brown, running for the Senate in New Hampshire, called the National Republican Senatorial Committee to complain that if Mr. McDaniel was not stopped, he could drag the whole party down. Strategists inside the committee’s headquarters on Capitol Hill were envisioning nightmares of Democrats caricaturing all their candidates as “mini-McDaniels.”

The committee’s executive director, Rob Collins, dragged complacent donors into the effort, playing recordings for them of some of Mr. McDaniel’s most incendiary remarks and persuading them to underwrite a massive get-out-the-vote effort to defeat him.

In June, the party establishment — just barely — vanquished Mr. McDaniel, reaching a turning point in their dogged campaign to purge the party of extremists and regain power in the Senate.

Republicans’ impressive showing Tuesday night — marking the first time the party will have a majority in both the House and Senate since 2006 — was the result of methodical plotting, careful candidate vetting and abundant preparation to ensure that the party’s candidates would avoid repeating the same devastating mistakes that cost them dearly in 2010 and 2012.

“You get your best players on the field in November, avoid doing something that makes us look like we are not adult enough to govern, and hope the wave is big,”

Little was left to chance: Republican operatives sent fake campaign trackers — interns and staff members brandishing video cameras to record every utterance and move — to trail their own candidates. In media training sessions, candidates were forced to sit through a reel of the most self-destructive moments of 2012, when Todd Akin and Richard Mourdock’s comments on rape and pregnancy helped sink the party.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/05/u...tle-with-their-own-poor-discipline-.html?_r=0

You do realize that your approval of a source isn't needed?

Sure, BUT seeming how Bruce Bartlkett worked for Reagan, and Ronn Paul, kinda thought him being a MODERATE might get to you? Just saying

ACA

FLASHBACK: Heritage Touted RomneyCare, Key Elements Of Health Reform Heritage Now Opposes

Heritage On Romney’s Individual Mandate: “Not an unreasonable position, and one that is clearly consistent with conservative values.” [Heritage, 1/28/06]
– Heritage On President Obama’s Individual Mandate: “Both unprecedented and unconstitutional.” [Heritage, 12/9/09]

– Heritage On Romney’s Insurance Exchange: An “innovative mechanism to promote real consumer choice.” [Heritage, 4/20/06]

– Heritage On President Obama’s Insurance Exchange: Creates a “de facto public option” by “grow[ing]” government control over healthcare.” [Heritage, 3/30/10]

– Heritage On Romney’s Medicaid Expansion: Reduced “the total cost to taxpayers” by taking people out of the “uncompensated care pool.” [Heritage, 1/28/06]

– Heritage On President Obama’s Medicaid Expansion: Expands a “broken entitlement program,” providing a “low-quality, poorly functioning program.” [Heritage, 3/30/10]

In fact, in 2007, Heritage again boasted that Romney’s plan is “already showing progress.” That same year, Heritage proudly posted a video of Romney gloating that Heritage officials had supported him in creating “ultimate conservatism” with the Massachusetts health plan. Watch it:

Followed Dubya's exit plan on Iraq. Oh right, DIDN'T follow the GOP 'plan' on Bin Laden, but tracked his ass down a took caree of him

NEED MORE?

Again you assume that ALL "conservatives" are just like you, lockstep with your king.

(smile) I don't believe you are smart enough to think anything your Leaders haven't told you.

Again, listen very closely....

UNLIKE the Left we can think.
We can decide for ourselves what is good and what isn't.....

You just slurp everything Bammy tells you and ask for more.

We don't care who put it out.
We didn't want it, we still don't.

It hasn't "improved" anything.

Here's a couple of articles that explain what I see as a positive move for the GOP.

Why the GOP Blowout Is So Scary for Democrats

It's not just that the GOP won key races across the board. It's that the party showed a new hunger to cross over to moderates and win.
<snip>
In 2008 and 2012, Republicans couldn’t pull this off. Party elites backed John McCain and Mitt Romney, both of whom had records of bipartisan achievement and ideological independence that might have made them attractive to swing voters. But McCain and Romney faced so much hostility from the GOP’s conservative base that in order to win the nomination, and then ensure a decent base turnout in November, they had to repudiate the very aspects of their political identity that might have impressed independents. McCain, who had once called Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson “agents of intolerance,” made another such agent, Sarah Palin, his running mate. Romney, who given his druthers would likely have supported comprehensive immigration reform, instead demonized illegal immigrants to curry favor with the GOP base.
This year has been different: GOP activists have given their candidates more space to craft the centrist personas they need to win. First, in senate races in North Carolina, South Carolina, Kentucky, Alaska, Tennessee, Georgia, Kansas and Texas, comparatively moderate Republicans triumphed over Tea Party-backed challengers. Then many of those Republicans downplayed their opposition to gay marriage and highlighted their support for greater access to contraception in an effort to win over the young and women voters who in past elections spurned the GOP as too extreme. “On social issues,” wrote Slate’s Will Saletan, “Republicans are mumbling, cringing, and ducking. They don’t want the election to be about these issues, even in red states.”

Why the GOP Blowout Is So Scary for Democrats - The Atlantic

The sobering message for Obama
<snip>
Conservatives will likely disagree, but one takeaway for Republicans is that they were well served this year by recruiting conservatives whom voters saw as less hard right than the tea party. Look at Cory Gardner of Colorado: The GOP establishment intentionally promoted him as an alternative in Colorado who -- unlike Ken Buck, a tea partyer who lost a few years ago (but won the conservative 4th Congressional District this year) -- would appeal to moderates as well as conservatives. Even The Denver Post endorsed him -- just as The Boston Globe endorsed Republican Charlie Baker, who wrested the Massachusetts State House from Democrats.
Midterms The sobering message for Obama Opinion - CNN.com
========================================================
This sure makes a lot of sense. The Tea Party had very little influence on this election. "The Establishment' of the GOP made efforts to broaden the appeal for the GOP label by attracting more moderate/centralist candidates and the Tea Party challengers didn't fare well in the primaries.
The Democrats really didn't offer up many moderately liberal candidates and stayed hard left. On the other hand the GOP moved somewhat more to the center and attracted voters they had been losing when the GOP veered too far to the right.

"The Democrats really didn't offer up many moderately liberal candidates and stayed hard left"

PLEASE list five for me?
Certainly,
Yvette Clarke
Lacy Clay
Danny Davis
Donna Edwards
Mike Honda
Barbara Lee
Jim McGovern
How's that for starters?

NOW tell me HOW and why they are considered 'HARD LEFT'? PRETTY PLEASE?

the liberals posting in this thread show what is wrong with the USA today. ignorance coupled with arrogance, topped off by stupidity.

ACA

NEED MORE?

(smile) I don't believe you are smart enough to think anything your Leaders haven't told you.

Got it, YOU conservatives are STILL fighting SS and Medicare too, loss of 'freedom' and all

Gawddam extremist wing nutters

ACA

NEED MORE?

Got it, YOU conservatives are STILL fighting SS and Medicare too, loss of 'freedom' and all

And you think you are intelligent.

Oy veh.

Plese do NOT procreate anymore.

Results are in and Republicans have won major victories at all levels

Should I blame?

Low information voters?
Republican cheating?
Voter suppression?
Right wing media?

No, I'll just chalk it up to Republicans running some good candidates who kept their mouths shut and avoided shooting themselves in the foot. Republicans avoided the Tea Party nonsense and ran some candidates who appealed to their constituents.

My congratulations to the Republicans

Yes, the Nazi Tea Party anarchists had a good day.

ACA

NEED MORE?

Oy veh.

Well I'm smart enough to NOT support the GOP or 'believe in' any libertarian bullshit

LMAO......Dad you (and I want to go on the record here) are an imbecile.

Says the Klown voting for the GOP and 'believing in' the free markets and myths and fairy tales
Echo Echo Echo...........chamber..................

America rejected Obama and you Dad.................yell in the Grand Canyon and you might get a response............take your daddy Obomb with you............and you can cry and get drunk.....

Enjoy.

Oy veh.

Well I'm smart enough to NOT support the GOP or 'believe in' any libertarian bullshit

Right, you want Daddy gov to give you shit we get it.

Says the Klown voting for the GOP and 'believing in' the free markets and myths and fairy tales

America rejected Obama and you Dad.................yell in the Grand Canyon and you might get a response............take your daddy Obomb with you............and you can cry and get drunk.....

Enjoy.

Really? Near record low turnouts in almost EVERY state means the Prez who was the first in 50+ years to win with 52%+ of popular vote in 2008 and 2012, was means rejection? lol

ONLY in right wing 'reality' Bubba

GOPers won because of turnout more than anything else

Oy veh.

Benjamin Franklin, Founding Father, American diplomat, statesman, and scientist; letter to Robert Morris, December 25, 1783:

"All the property that is necessary to a Man, for the Conservation of the Individual and the Propagation of the Species, is his natural Right, which none can justly deprive him of: But all Property superfluous to such purposes is the Property of the Publick, who, by their Laws, have created it, and who may therefore by other laws dispose of it, whenever the Welfare of the Publick shall demand such Disposition. He that does not like civil Society on these Terms, let him retire and live among Savages. He can have no right to the benefits of Society, who will not pay his Club towards the Support of it."

Enjoy.

Really? Near record low turnouts in almost EVERY state means the Prez who was the first in 50+ years to win with 52%+ of popular vote in 2008 and 2012, was means rejection? lol

So you blame low info voters from your side for not coming out?

You must be REALLY pissed at black america!!!!1

Enjoy.

spin all you like, YOU LOST, WE WON. sound familiar? obozo said it twice. Now its payback time.

Oy veh.

Benjamin Franklin, Founding Father, American diplomat, statesman, and scientist; letter to Robert Morris, December 25, 1783:

"All the property that is necessary to a Man, for the Conservation of the Individual and the Propagation of the Species, is his natural Right, which none can justly deprive him of: But all Property superfluous to such purposes is the Property of the Publick, who, by their Laws, have created it, and who may therefore by other laws dispose of it, whenever the Welfare of the Publick shall demand such Disposition. He that does not like civil Society on these Terms, let him retire and live among Savages. He can have no right to the benefits of Society, who will not pay his Club towards the Support of it."

How much of my money do you want pig fucker?

Enjoy.

Really........you don't say..........................Hoover was the President the last time the GOP had this big of margin in Congress.............6 decades ago............Historically mid terms are in the 40's in turn out..............nothing changed via history repeating itself......................

You really should have that beer and cry into the Grand Canyon.

Forum List

Back