Republicans kick some Democrat butt

the Teabaggers are going to pat themselves on the back and dismiss the fact that the Establishment saved them from themselves.

You really don't actually follow the news. The tea party has clearly established that they don't think this. They don't celebrate the victory of establishment Republicans. There's something seriously wrong with you, Joe. You need major help.

So, where does the Tea Party go from here?

Obstructionism will now block GOP legislation. They have to negotiate within their own party or just live with more gridlock

Bigger Government is not for the good of the country.

What is bigger government?

Wow, great question. Are you going to follow it up with other insights like what does water is wet mean?

OK, Chickie, it means more government spending and more bureaucracy. I mean duh. What else would it mean? Did that sound good to when you wrote it?

You need to be very specific, special little libertopian snowflake. Show me an example.

CNN announcing "Great change" is false,misleading and downright stupid. According to the constitution, the house of reps control the policy not the President,Vice President, Senate or the man in the moon. That republican house has blocked Obama at every turn since 2008 and the blame is on them for bad government for 6 years. We have the most economic recovery points in 22 years, the lowest unemployment (6.3) in 18 years. Obama brought home our sons and daughters from Iraqu and Afganastan as promised. Millions of Americans are no longer walking around sickly because they can,t afford healthcare.. When republicans could not block him,sue him ,or impeach him. they shut down the entire government.........Now the electorate gives the GOP total control of Washington?? CNN talks about compromise? Are they really that stupid? Democrats have no say at all in government for the next 2 years. Not one single thing that happens over that time can be blamed on anyone except the republicans.
So if the Democrats and Obama achieved all those wonderful miracles how come they just got their asses handed to them in every significant race in this country?
Oops.

Wow, great question. Are you going to follow it up with other insights like what does water is wet mean?

OK, Chickie, it means more government spending and more bureaucracy. I mean duh. What else would it mean? Did that sound good to when you wrote it?

You need to be very specific, special little libertopian snowflake. Show me an example.
Dodd-Frank is an example.
Obamacare is an example.
The many new regs out of EPA is an example.
How many examples of new regulations and gov't instrusion do you need?

Results are in and Republicans have won major victories at all levels

Should I blame?

Low information voters?
Republican cheating?
Voter suppression?
Right wing media?

No, I'll just chalk it up to Republicans running some good candidates who kept their mouths shut and avoided shooting themselves in the foot. Republicans avoided the Tea Party nonsense and ran some candidates who appealed to their constituents.

...with ads about Ebola in their drinking water and ISIS militants living next door. It was shameful, pandering to people's fears and feigning folksiness they don't sincerely possess. In other words, appealing to the 85% who don't scratch beneath a 20-second television ad.

Sad but true.

In exit polling, the people stated the Economy was one of their biggest concerns and a majority mentioned in a CBS exit poll that they have the same wages or lower than two years ago.

Now how can that be with a stock market so high? Oh right. Because CEO pay is tied to stock performance. How do companies keep stock prices high? By keeping profits high. How do they keep profits high? By keeping costs down. So what is the biggest costs for employers? Labor costs. That's right, YOUR JOBS.

Now let's ask some simple questions. Would this situation be solved by legislation passed that limited how much of executive pay was tied to stock performance like maybe 10-20%? Yes. Because it would be the driving factor of these reckless, short term decisions that are destroying the US economy. Would corporations be shelling out $4 billion dollars to Republicans if they believed they would put those limits on their pay? Hell no.

So if your main concern is your personal economy and you voted Republican, you can just STFU now because you voted against your best interests. Companies aren't going to raise your wages, in fact they are trying to find ways to eliminate your job or find it for cheaper somewhere else. All you did was elect the people who want to keep the status quo.
That might be the most simplistic explanation of anything I've ever seen on this site. Only a simpleton would believe it.
Here's hint for starters: Companies do not make money solely by keeping costs down.

No, I'll just chalk it up to Republicans running some good candidates who kept their mouths shut and avoided shooting themselves in the foot. Republicans avoided the Tea Party nonsense and ran some candidates who appealed to their constituents.

Well done.

And your point is the key: Do they see the importance of the quality of their candidates, or will too many of them twist it into some kind of Tea Party mandate?

I'm looking forward to hearing Mark Levin's reaction this afternoon. He's hardcore Tea Party, so it will be interesting to see how happy he is.

the Teabaggers are going to pat themselves on the back and dismiss the fact that the Establishment saved them from themselves.

The only question is, will the Establishment be able to govern. That would mean passing responsible bills Obama can sign or would have a very hard time rationalizing vetoing.

Meh. Maybe.

The GOP's best hope in 2016 really does still lie with the governors - Walker, Kasich, Pence - if one of them can break out nationally.
We agree! Kasich margin of victory last night for second term screams to me he will be the front runner in 2016. Second biggest news last night. Much bigger than walker or christie

The majority of family members gladly broke for Kasich last evening. I would have done the same if I lived in Ohio but I live in the wonderful state of Pennsylvania.

Obstructionism will now block GOP legislation. They have to negotiate within their own party or just live with more gridlock

I think that very much will be the case if the Conservatives allow the Liberals to remain in control of the dialog. As long as Conservatives are forced to discuss the degree they are willing to do what Liberals want ... Then there was no benefit in electing them in the first place.

Just an example ...
If they can separate issues like border security and amnesty for illegal immigrants ... Then they may accomplish something. As long as they allow Liberals to pollute the issues grasping for relevance ... Then the Conservatives will be mired in the same gridlock they have been in. If Congress sends a clean bill that addresses their concerns with border security to the President ... They can sit back and watch the President explain why border security is not important.

If Liberals want to make a stand on tying the issues together ... Then it will require them to explain why they think it is necessary to put illegal immigrants ahead of the country's security.

Last edited:

Should I blame?

Low information voters?
Republican cheating?
Voter suppression?
Right wing media?

My congratulations to the Republicans
Classy response thank you let's hope the President and Congress can finally get something done for the good of the country.

If anything is easy to predict....it is that the president will stay classy and work his ass off for the good of the country.

Why?

We are 17 Trillion in debt because of Big Government.
Being a huge debtor nation is never good, it robs our youth of having the ability of becoming better off than the last generation.
Liberal Compassion and Political Correctness is ruing this Nation.
The poor are not better off by having Government help them with welfare programs. It is designed to keep them poor and dependent on Government.
Minimum wage hikes does not help them.
Getting them educated to have a much higher than minimum wage is what frees them.

The stock market is high because the fed kept printing money.
They stopped quantitative easing and the market is now at record levels

What do you blame now?

Last edited:

Should I blame?

Low information voters?
Republican cheating?
Voter suppression?
Right wing media?

President Hussein Oblahblah.

Well Barry's approval rating is in the toilet and he was pretty toxic to any Dem running for office.

Guess thats a start.

The approval rating of Congress is even lower. Now that Republicans own congress they can own that approval. Will it be another "Do nothing" Congress that runs in 2016?
so nothing changes.....but yet the same 2 parties keep getting elected....

Should I blame?

Low information voters?
Republican cheating?
Voter suppression?
Right wing media?

Classy response thank you let's hope the President and Congress can finally get something done for the good of the country.

If anything is easy to predict....it is that the president will stay classy and work his ass off for the good of the country.

Why?

Being a huge debtor nation is never good, it robs our youth of having the ability of becoming better off than the last generation.
The poor are not better off by having Government help them with welfare programs. It is designed to keep them poor and dependent on Government.
Getting them educated to have a much higher than minimum wage is what frees them.

Our Government is smaller than it was 50 years ago. We have debt because our revenue does not match our spending. It is not the debt that is robbing our youth of the American Dream, it is a lack of good paying jobs that allow them to start careers. The companies have the money, they just aren't spending it

I don't want a big government or a small government. That is arbitrary. I want a right sized government that does what needs doing

You really don't actually follow the news. The tea party has clearly established that they don't think this. They don't celebrate the victory of establishment Republicans. There's something seriously wrong with you, Joe. You need major help.

What are you talking about? Tea partiers came out and voted to help get these wins.

What happened in 2014 at the end of the day was to put differences aside and elect as many R's as possible. I detest McConnell but I understand why Kentuckians put him back in office.

It was almost white knuckle time as the election approached. Republicans had to take the Senate.

You have three really key players that got out and stumped like crazy.

Rand Paul, Christie and Mitt Romney.

TEAM.

Rand Paul, who arrived in the Senate as a Tea Party firebrand, was a team player and worked with mainstream Republicans to bring the GOP into power. When his candidate didn't win the North Carolina Senate nomination, Paul immediately rallied behind Thom Tillis.

When the U.S. Chamber of Commerce wanted to reach independent voters in Alaska, the group turned to Paul. The senator's PAC paid for last-minute advertising in key states, including in Kansas to help Sen. Pat Roberts win another term.

Chris Christie wasn't on the ballot, but the chairman of the Republican Governors Association can claim victory.

The New Jersey governor stumped for embattled GOP incumbents in Florida and Wisconsin, and helped candidates score upsets in traditional Democratic strongholds such as Maryland and Illinois. Not a bad start to a potential 2016 White House bid.

Two years ago, it would have seemed impossible that Mitt Romney would appear on an election winner's list. But the 2012 GOP presidential nominee was a popular surrogate in the battleground states that redefined the Senate. The former Massachusetts governor said recently he traveled to 27 states because "almost all those people helped me in 2012."

Election 2014 Who were the big winners and losers

What are you talking about? Tea partiers came out and voted to help get these wins.

What happened in 2014 at the end of the day was to put differences aside and elect as many R's as possible. I detest McConnell but I understand why Kentuckians put him back in office.

It was almost white knuckle time as the election approached. Republicans had to take the Senate.

You have three really key players that got out and stumped like crazy.

Rand Paul, Christie and Mitt Romney.

TEAM.

Rand Paul, who arrived in the Senate as a Tea Party firebrand, was a team player and worked with mainstream Republicans to bring the GOP into power. When his candidate didn't win the North Carolina Senate nomination, Paul immediately rallied behind Thom Tillis.

When the U.S. Chamber of Commerce wanted to reach independent voters in Alaska, the group turned to Paul. The senator's PAC paid for last-minute advertising in key states, including in Kansas to help Sen. Pat Roberts win another term.

Chris Christie wasn't on the ballot, but the chairman of the Republican Governors Association can claim victory.

The New Jersey governor stumped for embattled GOP incumbents in Florida and Wisconsin, and helped candidates score upsets in traditional Democratic strongholds such as Maryland and Illinois. Not a bad start to a potential 2016 White House bid.

Two years ago, it would have seemed impossible that Mitt Romney would appear on an election winner's list. But the 2012 GOP presidential nominee was a popular surrogate in the battleground states that redefined the Senate. The former Massachusetts governor said recently he traveled to 27 states because "almost all those people helped me in 2012."

Election 2014 Who were the big winners and losers

It comes down to who will call the shots in the Republican Party. Will it be the Mitch McConnell Republicans or the Ted Cruz Republicans. If they cannot reach common ground, Republicans will lose this two year window of opportunity

I'm so glad you made this thread. It indicates the level of conversation that will be occurring for the next two years. Short on definition.

Why?

Our Government is smaller than it was 50 years ago. We have debt because our revenue does not match our spending. It is not the debt that is robbing our youth of the American Dream, it is a lack of good paying jobs that allow them to start careers. The companies have the money, they just aren't spending it

I don't want a big government or a small government. That is arbitrary. I want a right sized government that does what needs doing

No it isn't.
You are believing what the left is telling you and those are lies.
The Companies are not spending because of the delay in the AHCA, they will not be able to until AHCA goes into effect in 2017. Why do you think Obama has delayed it? Because it would harm the Democrats elections.
Companies are not able to plan their spending and growth until they see the actual costs. They need stability in order to spend and grow. They have had nothing but instability in many things.
Thanks to the AHCA more people are in part time jobs.
This is not growth it is stagnation.
There are now more Americans employed by government than by the entire manufacturing sector in America.
• In the past 25 years the federal government has spent $2.5 trillion on welfare and aid to cities. This is enough money to purchase all of the assets of the Fortune 500 companies plus all of the farmland in the United States.
• In 1987 U.S. farmers received more money in government subsidies than they did in selling their crops in the marketplace. In short, farmers now produce for the government, not for U.S. consumers.
• In three states today—California, Maine, and New York—almost half of all middle-income family wages are captured by government through income, payroll, property, and sales taxes, and other levies.
The growth of government has been sufficiently gradual over the past 50 to 100 years that most Americans today probably believe that this is the way government in America ought to act and has always acted.

Should I blame?

Low information voters?
Republican cheating?
Voter suppression?
Right wing media?

The blame lands on idiot class voters.....middle class Republicans.

Dodd-Frank is an example.
Obamacare is an example.
The many new regs out of EPA is an example.
How many examples of new regulations and gov't instrusion do you need?
Newsflash!!!! Dodd-Frank and EPA regs were negotiated by the GOP house in order to pass spending bills. Affordable care act (not called Obamacare) is good for the country. I have seen with my own eyes octogenarians still working minimum jobs to buy medications and afford their Drs. The Affordable care act now allows them to retire as they should. The CEO of Bank of America received a bonus of 11.3 million after the 2nd quarter. I am sure he deserved it while middle income families struggle to meet monthly expenses.

Should I blame?

Low information voters?
Republican cheating?
Voter suppression?
Right wing media?

...with ads about Ebola in their drinking water and ISIS militants living next door. It was shameful, pandering to people's fears and feigning folksiness they don't sincerely possess. In other words, appealing to the 85% who don't scratch beneath a 20-second television ad.

Sad but true.

In exit polling, the people stated the Economy was one of their biggest concerns and a majority mentioned in a CBS exit poll that they have the same wages or lower than two years ago.

Now how can that be with a stock market so high? Oh right. Because CEO pay is tied to stock performance. How do companies keep stock prices high? By keeping profits high. How do they keep profits high? By keeping costs down. So what is the biggest costs for employers? Labor costs. That's right, YOUR JOBS.

Now let's ask some simple questions. Would this situation be solved by legislation passed that limited how much of executive pay was tied to stock performance like maybe 10-20%? Yes. Because it would be the driving factor of these reckless, short term decisions that are destroying the US economy. Would corporations be shelling out $4 billion dollars to Republicans if they believed they would put those limits on their pay? Hell no.

So if your main concern is your personal economy and you voted Republican, you can just STFU now because you voted against your best interests. Companies aren't going to raise your wages, in fact they are trying to find ways to eliminate your job or find it for cheaper somewhere else. All you did was elect the people who want to keep the status quo.
That might be the most simplistic explanation of anything I've ever seen on this site. Only a simpleton would believe it.
Here's hint for starters: Companies do not make money solely by keeping costs down.

Forum List

Back