Republicans Own Detroit Bankruptcy

You do realize the governor only runs the state not each individual city? He can't make the city follow sane policies.

You do realize the President runs the federal government and not each individual state, right? He can't keep Republican governors from increasing unemployment, yet you keep blaming Obama for the high unemployment rate.

did Obama run on a jobs platform, yes or no?

did he spend money taken from state's citizens without results?

Snyder's campaign emphasized his experience in growing business and creating jobs in the private sector, saying that his opponents were mainly career politicians.[25]

Synth,
Federal Government is different from Sate Governments.
Presidents run the Federal Government economy. States run their State economy.
City Mayors run their City economies.
Mayors run and manage the individual cities, not the State Legislators.
Detroit has had Democrat Mayors running their City economy since 1962 to the present day.
Democrats and Democrats only, for 51 years of mismanagement and corruption, ran that city into bankruptcy.
Plus the stupidity of the citizens who kept electing Democrats.

When FL Gov. Rick Scott laid off thousands of State workers, it increased the national unemployment rate, as it did when it was Scott Walker, Rick Perry, Jon Kasich, and all the rest of them.

So why do you blame Obama?

why do you blame bush for economic downturn?

idiot
He was POTUS for the 8 years preceding it, dumbass.

You do realize the governor only runs the state not each individual city? He can't make the city follow sane policies.

You do realize the President runs the federal government and not each individual state, right? He can't keep Republican governors from increasing unemployment, yet you keep blaming Obama for the high unemployment rate.

Obama does not get blamed with state unemployment rates and practices that make differing employment situations from state to state.. what he does get blamed for is practice and policy that has unemployment high NATIONWIDE

False. The huge layoffs have all occurred in states with Republican governors/legislators.

Obama is not responsible for any of those numbers.

When unemployment steadied at 5% during Bush, RW-ers argued that equaled full employment, due to job market drop-outs and the terminally unemployed.

So if 5% is full employment, and Republican statehouses are firing hundreds of thousands of people, and the unemployment rate nationally is 7.5 or 8.0, then those firings account for that 2.5-3.0 bump in the rate.

Two years into Obama's presidency, Right-wingers were saying it was now Obama's economy.

This means that two years into Rick Snyder's governorship, it is now his bankruptcy of Detroit.

The difference? Republican Rick Snyder has had a complete Republican majority in the State House and Senate, with no one to obstruct a thing.

Using that "Logic" Demtroit is Obama's Failure

And don't forget.. Obamalama claimed he SAVED Detroit just a short time ago
This just shows how dishonest you really are: you know goddamn well they were talking about the auto industry, not the city.

Obama does not get blamed with state unemployment rates and practices that make differing employment situations from state to state.. what he does get blamed for is practice and policy that has unemployment high NATIONWIDE

False. The huge layoffs have all occurred in states with Republican governors/legislators.

Obama is not responsible for any of those numbers.

When unemployment steadied at 5% during Bush, RW-ers argued that equaled full employment, due to job market drop-outs and the terminally unemployed.

So if 5% is full employment, and Republican statehouses are firing hundreds of thousands of people, and the unemployment rate nationally is 7.5 or 8.0, then those firings account for that 2.5-3.0 bump in the rate.

The higher unemployment rate is not only because of state governments reducing labor... nor is it onlt REP states having a hard time...

Your bogus stats and even more bogus assumptions just make you look more like an ass

Dumbass wingnuts think I am arguing that Detroit is the Republican's fault, while the Liberals know that I am actually arguing that it was never "Obama's Economy".

THAT'S the point of the thread.

Using that "Logic" Demtroit is Obama's Failure

This just shows how dishonest you really are: you know goddamn well they were talking about the auto industry, not the city.

Yeah.. only the main industry of the city.. and supposedly 'saving' that industry (which he did not do) was supposedly to be the boom for Detroit... the ONLY ones that benefited from the 'bailout' was the UAW echelon..

The big government spending and even bigger government intervention is what put places like DET in trouble;e.. and the same practices are what have us in trouble on a national level as well.. and we are getting worse

the logic behind this thread is not unlike the logic of pissing into the wind.
th

post of the day ^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^ two with experience.

Dumbass wingnuts think I am arguing that Detroit is the Republican's fault, while the Liberals know that I am actually arguing that it was never "Obama's Economy".

Nobody said DET was on Obamalama.. though the overall economic failure of the US Economy is on him... the DET failure comes from DECADES of big government, overspending, etc that was done by the leaders of DETROIT.... and the purse strings for DETROIT have been handled almost exclusively by the DEMs for a LONG time... only as it got so bad was control taken away from the city itself... too late.. even with trying to cut back (something Obamalama did not do when handed a bad fiscal and spending situation... he doubled down on it, making it worse)... DET is a prime example of the problem with big government, asinine and illogical entitlement programs, etc...

and 5 years in its still Booooosh's economy? or not?

:lol: what a twit....

You and your pals tried to blame the recession on the Democrats winning Congress in 2006.

Either you're admitting you all were full of shit, or, sorry, Detroit's bankruptcy belongs to Rick Snyder and the GOP legislature in Lansing.

the master of strawmen and false dilemmas arrives!!!!!!!

me? really? can you link to that? I have always saw the meltdown as a 2 fer and said so, though I do still stand by the fact that the housing meltdown belongs oh 65-35 to the likes of 'you and your pals'...:lol:
Maybe he should have just said "you and your ilk".

That kinda covers it.

bahahahahahahaha

Detroit is now being run by Republicans..............:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

It is laughable. I expected that Dems would try to avoid the blame. Detroit has steadily been declining for years.

Smaller and bigger cities across the country are managing to stay afloat. The Dems would like to blame another thing on Bush, but not this time. It's years of mismanagement that led to Detroit's downfall and they know it. If it was Bush's fault, then every city in the country would be in the same boat.
They got their "talking points" today from MSNBC's Shultzie. One bubble head throws out a line of shit, they AAAAAAALLLLLLL pick up on it.

And then they wonder why conservatives see them as whack jobs. They truly are little brain dead, programmable sheep.
Maybe Schultz saw some of my tweets. I sure didn't see him address this. In fact, I never see him any more since he moved to the weekends.

I would not want to be you when synth grabs ahold of you and teaches you civics!

Laws are only enacted when they pass both houses and are signed by the POTUS

(Sorry synth, I'm sure you wanted to point that out, but I just couldn't wait)

Again, the dems get something done and WON'T take credit for it.

Try leading and people might actually take your side seriously

You can't lead bought off a-holes, dupe. Your party and its propaganda machine are a disgrace. Detroit is just the worst of rust belt orphans. Has to do with laws that WEREN'T passed. And so many Michigan fed tax dollars going off to"independant, macho" lol red states...

Stop it Franco, this whole thread is making me laugh so hard I might wet myself

Honestly, you can't make this shit up

Gawd you don't even mind looking like a tool

Your extreme BPH makes you do that.

You can't lead bought off a-holes, dupe. Your party and its propaganda machine are a disgrace. Detroit is just the worst of rust belt orphans. Has to do with laws that WEREN'T passed. And so many Michigan fed tax dollars going off to"independant, macho" lol red states...

Stop it Franco, this whole thread is making me laugh so hard I might wet myself

Honestly, you can't make this shit up

Gawd you don't even mind looking like a tool

Your extreme BPH makes you do that.

I'd call an EMT, but in democratic controlled Detroit I hear they can take hours to get to you. A slow walk would get me care faster

Detroit now, your neighborhood soon!

Thanks Dems!

Yeah.. only the main industry of the city.. and supposedly 'saving' that industry (which he did not do) was supposedly to be the boom for Detroit... the ONLY ones that benefited from the 'bailout' was the UAW echelon..

The big government spending and even bigger government intervention is what put places like DET in trouble;e.. and the same practices are what have us in trouble on a national level as well.. and we are getting worse

Are you saying that the auto industry recovery was not a boom for Detroit?

Hi Synth, I will aid in your mental deterioration by saying:

51 years. Democrats. Bankrupt.

And you built that. Yes, this is a microcosm of what America will be if it is allowed to be guided down that path that you liberals wish to lead us. Unions hate Obamacare, and your welfare state bankrupted a major city.

Take the failure like a man. Liberalism, my friend is a mistake. This proves why. And you sir, are part of the problem, not the solution.

Last edited:

Nobody said DET was on Obamalama.. though the overall economic failure of the US Economy is on him... the DET failure comes from DECADES of big government, overspending, etc that was done by the leaders of DETROIT.... and the purse strings for DETROIT have been handled almost exclusively by the DEMs for a LONG time... only as it got so bad was control taken away from the city itself... too late.. even with trying to cut back (something Obamalama did not do when handed a bad fiscal and spending situation... he doubled down on it, making it worse)... DET is a prime example of the problem with big government, asinine and illogical entitlement programs, etc...

Why do you act like a retard who can't read?

I said in the OP:

Two years into Obama's presidency, Right-wingers were saying it was now Obama's economy.

This means that two years into Rick Snyder's governorship, it is now his bankruptcy of Detroit.

Do you now admit that it was not Obama's Economy?

Why do you act like a retard who can't read?

I said in the OP:

Do you now admit that it was not Obama's Economy?

So, Obama didn't save Detroit?

Is Osama alive?

What are we to believe?

Forum List

Back