Republicans Own Detroit Bankruptcy

Two years into Obama's presidency, Right-wingers were saying it was now Obama's economy.

While I see exactly what your are trying to do with this thread, your attempt to prove a point is weak at best.

This means that two years into Rick Snyder's governorship, it is now his bankruptcy of Detroit.

The difference? Republican Rick Snyder has had a complete Republican majority in the State House and Senate, with no one to obstruct a thing.

You are aware that Obama had a Democrat majority in the House and Senate his first two years in office??? You know, those Democrats who in one year increased our debt by $3 trillion.....which almost matched the $3.4 trillion Bush and Republicans gave America in 6 years.

Detroit is a perfect example of 50+ years of Democrat corruption and idiocy, as well us union greed. Detroit serves as a perfect example of what happens when Democrats and unions go unchallenged and have free reign.

Unfortunately, Obama and progressives, notice I said progressives...because both the Democrat Party and Republican Party are full of them....they are putting forth a team effort to turn America into Detroit.

the logic behind this thread is not unlike the logic of pissing into the wind.
th

post of the day ^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^ two with experience.

I have never started a thread anywhere close to this stupid and if your going to continue to piss into the wind you should learn to keep your mouth shut while doing so it does not improve your standing as the village idiot.

Two years into Obama's presidency, Right-wingers were saying it was now Obama's economy.

While I see exactly what your are trying to do with this thread, your attempt to prove a point is weak at best.

This means that two years into Rick Snyder's governorship, it is now his bankruptcy of Detroit.

The difference? Republican Rick Snyder has had a complete Republican majority in the State House and Senate, with no one to obstruct a thing.

You are aware that Obama had a Democrat majority in the House and Senate his first two years in office??? You know, those Democrats who in one year increased our debt by $3 trillion.....which almost matched the $3.4 trillion Bush and Republicans gave America in 6 years.

Detroit is a perfect example of 50+ years of Democrat corruption and idiocy, as well us union greed. Detroit serves as a perfect example of what happens when Democrats and unions go unchallenged and have free reign.

Unfortunately, Obama and progressives, notice I said progressives...because both the Democrat Party and Republican Party are full of them....they are putting forth a team effort to turn America into Detroit.

Orange County CA went bankrupt in 1995 under Republican rule. So shut up you moron.

Dumbass wingnuts think I am arguing that Detroit is the Republican's fault, while the Liberals know that I am actually arguing that it was never "Obama's Economy".

THAT'S the point of the thread.

Nobody said DET was on Obamalama.. though the overall economic failure of the US Economy is on him... the DET failure comes from DECADES of big government, overspending, etc that was done by the leaders of DETROIT.... and the purse strings for DETROIT have been handled almost exclusively by the DEMs for a LONG time... only as it got so bad was control taken away from the city itself... too late.. even with trying to cut back (something Obamalama did not do when handed a bad fiscal and spending situation... he doubled down on it, making it worse)... DET is a prime example of the problem with big government, asinine and illogical entitlement programs, etc...

Why do you act like a retard who can't read?

I said in the OP:

Do you now admit that it was not Obama's Economy?

Question really is

If Obama never takes any credit for anything, why is he even needed?

We might save hundreds of millions on vacation expenses without him, money those poor fools in Detroit could use

What a great idea

Of course, I'm just a crazy cracka

Dumbass wingnuts think I am arguing that Detroit is the Republican's fault, while the Liberals know that I am actually arguing that it was never "Obama's Economy".

THAT'S the point of the thread.

Nobody said DET was on Obamalama.. though the overall economic failure of the US Economy is on him... the DET failure comes from DECADES of big government, overspending, etc that was done by the leaders of DETROIT.... and the purse strings for DETROIT have been handled almost exclusively by the DEMs for a LONG time... only as it got so bad was control taken away from the city itself... too late.. even with trying to cut back (something Obamalama did not do when handed a bad fiscal and spending situation... he doubled down on it, making it worse)... DET is a prime example of the problem with big government, asinine and illogical entitlement programs, etc...

I said in the OP:

Do you admit now that you are deflecting? Detroit has not had a Republican mayor since 1962. Since then it has gradually deteriorated into what you see today.

When was the last time the GOP controlled the mayorship and a majority of the city council?

When's the last time the city council could decide for the auto industry what to do and where to do it?

When's the last time a bunch of retirees were able to tell a city what to do and where to do it? Yes, 51 years of that will do it. Democratic mayors with no backbone. Time to suck it up Carbine, your mini-welfare state imploded.

Last edited:
Okay, so you have 1 major city in the US, with a history of Democratic governments,

in bankruptcy.

And none of the rest of the cities run by Democrats are in bankruptcy?

So, that would mean that about 99% of the American cities run by Democrats are not bankrupt.

Where in the world is a 99% success rate a bad thing?

So Detroit is the GOP's fault? You did type that? It is apparent you have no idea as to what you are attempting to convey. What percentage of tax revenue goes directly to pensions, who signed off that one, what party dominates Detroit politics and for how long, what Union ran the auto business down the drain? What political party drove consumers to seek foreign over domestic autos? Your a joke, pathetic uneducated knucklehead stuck in the political wasteland of fantasy and spin.

Didn't Obama make the claim that he saved Detroit in 2012?

There are 3 valuable lessons to be found in Detroit’s decline:

Lesson #1: Obama claimed he saved Detroit and the auto industry. He was re-elected based on this claim. Obama was lying- he didn’t “save” anything. He just dumped billions of our taxpayer dollars down a rat hole to buy Democrat votes. Detroit was never going to be saved. Like an out-of-control drug addict, those running the city have made Detroit is a self-destructive spending addict headed for a tragic ending. Obama only postponed the inevitable and bought votes by using your children’s and grandchildren’s money. They will be paying the interest on this debt 50 years from now- and they won’t even get a car in the bargain.

Lesson #2: Mitt Romney was criticized harshly for saying Obama bought the election with bribes? Did you see the Democratic councilwomen from Detroit saying that the voters of Detroit voted overwhelmingly for Obama, so now he owes them? Sounds like Romney hit the nail on the head. Obama’s voters did indeed vote for the candidate they thought would provide them with the most freebies (bailouts, free contraception, entitlements) and handouts. Here is the irony- this is the exact same mentality that led to the death of Detroit.

Lesson #3: Detroit’s demise is America’s future under Obama.

Look at the facts. Detroit is a one party town. It has been run 100% lock, stock and barrel by liberal progressive Democrats for decades- politicians who ruled with the exact same agenda and policies as Obama. There is no opposition party, no checks and balances. Republicans sightings in Detroit are just a rumor from the past- kind of like dinosaurs. So Detroit is the perfect test case for proving what happens when you allow Democrats like Obama to run things their way. Detroit has followed Obama’s policies of big government always knows best, and massive taxing and spending for decades.

I think Detroit and other US cities that have declared bank rupture over the last couple years is only the start of Obama and liberals leading the US down the same path. When there are more people on the government dole than workers trying to pay for those handouts, the end results can not be avoid.

Detroit is only the start.......

When was the last time the GOP controlled the mayorship and a majority of the city council?

When's the last time the city council could decide for the auto industry what to do and where to do it?

When's the last time a bunch of retirees were able to tell a city what to do and where to do it? Yes, 51 years of that will do it. Democratic mayors with no backbone. Time to suck it up Carbine, your mini-welfare state imploded.

lol, I'm in blue New York and my pension is gold.

Okay, so you have 1 major city in the US, with a history of Democratic governments,

in bankruptcy.

So, that would mean that about 99% of the American cities run by Democrats are not bankrupt.

Where in the world is there a fact to support that fact? Sure a hell ain't no "99%" success rate. Not when you have a President who has added $6 trillion in new debt to the economy.

I said in the OP:

Do you admit now that you are deflecting? Detroit has not had a Republican mayor since 1962. Since then it has gradually deteriorated into what you see today.

So? Michigan has a Republican governor and a Republican state legislature. This is happening on their watch.

You don't want to accept that? You should have thought of that when you doing everything you could to put the blame for the US recession on the Democrats taking Congress in 2006.

This is your own argument come back to bite you in your fat ass.

I said in the OP:

Question really is

If Obama never takes any credit for anything, why is he even needed?

We might save hundreds of millions on vacation expenses without him, money those poor fools in Detroit could use

What a great idea

Of course, I'm just a crazy cracka
A display of the ignorance of the OP a Governor is not responsible for the budget and spending policies of every city in their state that is the responsibility of the local Mayor, City Manager and City Council and in Detroit that has not been Republican in a very, very very, long time that's game, set,and match it's Miller time.

lol, I'm in blue New York and my pension is gold.

And the state of New York is $339 billion in debt. Yeah, gold. Right.

:laugh:

Hey synth, the manager is changing pitchers

Sorry Bro

Riddle me this

How much authority does the Governor of Michigan have to print money?

Oh baby, Pops just hit that one out of the ball park!

For a first time on the mound it was a valiant effort!

in bankruptcy.

Where in the world is there a fact to support that fact? Sure a hell ain't no "99%" success rate. Not when you have a President who has added $6 trillion in new debt to the economy.

You wish to deny that there are at least a hundred cities in the US run by Democrats,

and that ONE of them is in bankruptcy?

That's a success rate of 99%.

Hey synth, the manager is changing pitchers

Sorry Bro

Riddle me this

How much authority does the Governor of Michigan have to print money?

Oh baby, Pops just hit that one out of the ball park!

For a first time on the mound it was a valiant effort!

The Governor has the authority to bypass the elected representatives in Michigan cities and put his own handpicked unelected managers in charge, and he's been using it.

He wanted control of the problems, he got it. Now they're in his lap.

in bankruptcy.

lol, now you're blaming OBAMA for Detroit's bankruptcy?

Right after you declared Michigan's state government blameless?

Perfect!!!

I said in the OP:

So? Michigan has a Republican governor and a Republican state legislature. This is happening on their watch.

You don't want to accept that? You should have thought of that when you doing everything you could to put the blame for the US recession on the Democrats taking Congress in 2006.

This is your own argument come back to bite you in your fat ass.

What is with you? Detroit has been ran into the ground by stupid leftist liberals that's a fact

Forum List

Back