Republicans taking Blame for Shutdown - Polls

12-20-09passedRGB20091221082802.35553032_std.jpg

Oh? No bill ever made it to his desk. How do you figure he's the one threatening to shut the government down?

He said he would veto any bill from the House that didnt follow his script. Isn't that threatening? Or do you speak a different language from the rest of us?

No bill made it to his desk. Take a course in civics if you don't understand that means Obama is not responsible for this shutdown which means he's neither in a positition to threaten anyone nor take his ball home.

But, he told the senate no delay on individual mandate. Obummer only wants that for the rich, big business he inspired his constituents to despise

What a guy

-Geaux

He said he would veto any bill from the House that didnt follow his script. Isn't that threatening? Or do you speak a different language from the rest of us?

No bill made it to his desk. Take a course in civics if you don't understand that means Obama is not responsible for this shutdown which means he's neither in a positition to threaten anyone nor take his ball home.

But, he told the senate no delay on individual mandate. Obummer only wants that for the rich, big business he inspired his constituents to despise

What a guy

-Geaux
The Senate is an independent body from the executive branch and does not answer to the president. Their actions, which may or may not be the same as the White House, are their own.

What a guy

-Geaux
The Senate is an independent body from the executive branch and does not answer to the president. Their actions, which may or may not be the same as the White House, are their own.

Say what? The President actually answers to the Senate and the House in all law related matters.

What a guy

-Geaux

jenny-barry-i4.jpg

Some of you need to understand the concept of "co-equal", which the President, the Congress, and SCOTUS each is equal to and independent of the other.

How badly the economy and life of average Americans are damaged will be mostly the fault, according to polls, of the Republican portion of the Tea Party, who are considered to arrogantly disdain the American people.

The TeaPs in the next election will find out just how much Americans disdain their candidates.

They cannot hide now or ever.

What a guy

-Geaux

LaughingMonkeyGif.gif

Some of you need to understand the concept of "co-equal", which the President, the Congress, and SCOTUS each is equal to and independent of the other.

How badly the economy and life of average Americans are damaged will be mostly the fault, according to polls, of the Republican portion of the Tea Party, who are considered to arrogantly disdain the American people.

The TeaPs in the next election will find out just how much Americans disdain their candidates.

They cannot hide now or ever.

Typical decay of society and the entitled left.

Blame game, never ones to accept personal responsibility

-Geaux

"Americans overwhelmingly oppose shutting down government to stop Obamacare, according to a new poll on Tuesday, with Republicans in Congress getting their lowest approval marks to date.

Americans were against a government shutdown as a way to stop the president’s health care law from taking effect 72 percent to 22 percent in a Quinnipiac poll....

Republicans in Congress also got record-low marks in the poll. Just 17 percent of Americans approved of the job GOP lawmakers were doing, and 74 percent disapproved...."

Poll: Lowest ever for GOP in Congress - Tal Kopan - POLITICO.com

"Americans overwhelmingly oppose shutting down government to stop Obamacare, according to a new poll on Tuesday, with Republicans in Congress getting their lowest approval marks to date.

Americans were against a government shutdown as a way to stop the president’s health care law from taking effect 72 percent to 22 percent in a Quinnipiac poll....

Republicans in Congress also got record-low marks in the poll. Just 17 percent of Americans approved of the job GOP lawmakers were doing, and 74 percent disapproved...."

I support them and got what I wanted

It's a great day

-Geaux

What a guy

-Geaux

Say what? The President actually answers to the Senate and the House in all law related matters.

Guess no one ever told you that the executive branch and the legislative branch are equal branches. Neither "answers" to the other

I think that most Americans can now visualize a Congress free of conservatives. A Congress that governs, not a suicidal one intent on destroying itself. A functional one. One capable of negotiations.

We can have that, thanks to the best democracy in the world.

Let conservatives destroy other countries and governments. Save ours.

Let's set the goal of a conservative free functional Congress by 2016.

Bounce Boehner.

I support them and got what I wanted

It's a great day

-Geaux

I keep waiting for a Republican to explain to me just what benefit I am to derive from the shutting down of our government.

Seems like you already know cause you got what you wanted.

So what is it you "got"? Keeping in mind that what you didn't get "Obamacare" defunded.

So what did you rethugs actually "do"?

USA Today Poll
Which Party Bears the Blame
Both Sides to Blame

Republicans 39%
Obama Admin 36%
Both Sides !7%

Looks to Me like barry and Harry are as much to blame as the Repubs.

Source
USA Today 10/01/13
Page 9
Budget Fight.
Pew researchg Center

USA Today Poll
Both Sides to Blame

Republicans 39%
Obama Admin 36%
Both Sides !7%

Source
USA Today 10/01/13
Page 9
Budget Fight.
Pew researchg Center

Considering it's not even 9 in the morning I really doubt that poll was taken today.

USA Today Poll
Both Sides to Blame

Republicans 39%
Obama Admin 36%
Both Sides !7%

Source
USA Today 10/01/13
Page 9
Budget Fight.
Pew researchg Center

I guess this is what it is all about eh? Who is "winning" in the polls. Pitiful. You repubs go with that. I say keep the government shut down till the debt ceiling fight takes place. Then refuse to raise the debt ceiling and you repubs are almost guaranteed the WH and both houses of Congress.

I can see how this is gonna play out. It's all about the "polls".

Forum List

Back