Republicans to repeal inheritance tax!

The party of the rich, for the rich, by the rich. Once again, the wolves shear the sheep while the sheep cheer them on.

Republicans Push 269 Billion Handout For Millionaire Heirs And Heiresses

excerpt:

WASHINGTON -- House Republicans this week will vote to hand the heirs and heiresses of America's largest fortunes a $269 billion tax break by repealing the federal inheritance tax.

The legislation would shield the very richest families from taxes on the fortunes they inherit. After years of GOP attacks on the inheritance tax, also known as the estate tax, only a few thousand of the wealthiest families are subjected to it -- 4,700 total in 2013, according to the Joint Committee on Taxation. Only individual fortunes worth over $5.43 million can be taxed under current law, an amount that doubles to $10.86 million for wealthy couples. The Republican proposal would eliminate all of these estates -- which are over 15,700 percent richer than the median American household -- from taxation.

That money has already been taxed. The federal govt has no right to double taxation.

I tell my gardener that every year when he asked why I need to 1099 him!

Do you even pay your gardener?

Dodge noted Bubba

The decedents of a wealthy person did NOT accumulate or earn the income.

They did nothing to generate the income.

They did nothing to produce the industry/jobs/innovations that produced the fortune.

What did the government do to earn that money? What did the government do to generate that income? What did the government produce that created that fortune?

Did they earn it BECAUSE of US society AND our laws? Hell yeah!

The government didn't do squat to 'earn' someone elses money. Period. Someone's money -- no matter how much or how little -- DOES NOT belong to the government or society, no matter how much you bleat otherwise.

They started businesses, provided jobs, security, growth, prosperity ... and you somehow believe that entitles YOU to what they've earned/accumulated? Why didn't YOU start that business? Why didn't YOU take on that financial risk? Why didn't YOU take on the investments?

Moochers gotta mooch.

What a family earns/accumulates belongs to the family, NOT to you, not to 'society', and certainly not to the fucking government. You want to be in the rich league, go for it. It's a nice place to live.

ALL within the confines of the US society and safety net, weird they didn't build it in Honduras or Somalia!

Guess what WE as a society get to make laws on that wealth created. Don't like it? Go fuk yourself!

The party of the rich, for the rich, by the rich. Once again, the wolves shear the sheep while the sheep cheer them on.

excerpt:

WASHINGTON -- House Republicans this week will vote to hand the heirs and heiresses of America's largest fortunes a $269 billion tax break by repealing the federal inheritance tax.

The legislation would shield the very richest families from taxes on the fortunes they inherit. After years of GOP attacks on the inheritance tax, also known as the estate tax, only a few thousand of the wealthiest families are subjected to it -- 4,700 total in 2013, according to the Joint Committee on Taxation. Only individual fortunes worth over $5.43 million can be taxed under current law, an amount that doubles to $10.86 million for wealthy couples. The Republican proposal would eliminate all of these estates -- which are over 15,700 percent richer than the median American household -- from taxation.

That money has already been taxed. The federal govt has no right to double taxation.

Dodge noted Bubba

There's no dodging. The federal govt has no right to tax what has already been taxed.

For those who haven't figured it out by now, I believe in a leveling of the playing field. Haggling over the edges of an entirely broken and corrupt system is for suckers.

Estates taxes s a good way to level the playing field, to get rid of the aristocracy the Founders wanted to get away from!
How is a special tax for a specific group of people a level playing field?

It isn't.

Really? Seriously you don't think it creates a MUCH larger imbalance by starting out on 3rd base like Romney/Bush's did?

Get honest!
That is why a father works hard for his kids. Precisely to give them an advantage he never had. How could you possibly begrudge them that? Why do you want to undo his hard work and steal it away?

Please explain how the government deserves the money he worked for and his kids don't.

HOW has MOST of that money been taxed as it's just capital gains that has NEVER been taken out? Buy a bunch of stock at $1 million and sell it 30 years later for $50 million ONLY dividends have been paid!

These folks on here that are right wingers, they wouldn't know a "capital gain" if it bit them in the ass. From what I can tell, most of the Republicans on here would qualify for some form of government assistance. So capital gains is not something they are familiar with.

You ever wonder if there aren't web sites where a smarter, more knowledgeable, more affluent right winger hangs out?
Or are these right wingers about as good as it gets?

excerpt:

Dodge noted Bubba

There's no dodging. The federal govt has no right to tax what has already been taxed.

Dodge AGAIN noted Bubba

MOST of the wealth transferred HASN'T been taxed yet, exactly zero to those inheriting it!

We have so many people who can't see a fat man standing beside a thin one without coming to the conclusion the fat man got that way by taking advantage of the thin one. - Ronald Reagan

For those who haven't figured it out by now, I believe in a leveling of the playing field. Haggling over the edges of an entirely broken and corrupt system is for suckers.

Estates taxes s a good way to level the playing field, to get rid of the aristocracy the Founders wanted to get away from!

It isn't.

Really? Seriously you don't think it creates a MUCH larger imbalance by starting out on 3rd base like Romney/Bush's did?

Get honest!
That is why a father works hard for his kids. Precisely to give them an advantage he never had. How could you possibly begrudge them that? Why do you want to undo his hard work and steal it away?

Please explain how the government deserves the money he worked for and his kids don't.

You mean for a family, almost $11 million isn't enough to start out on?? lol

Yeah, we need more 3rd base Romney/Bushes!

HOW has MOST of that money been taxed as it's just capital gains that has NEVER been taken out? Buy a bunch of stock at $1 million and sell it 30 years later for $50 million ONLY dividends have been paid!

These folks on here that are right wingers, they wouldn't know a "capital gain" if it bit them in the ass. From what I can tell, most of the Republicans on here would qualify for some form of government assistance. So capital gains is not something they are familiar with.

You ever wonder if there aren't web sites where a smarter, more knowledgeable, more affluent right winger hangs out?
Or are these right wingers about as good as it gets?

LMAO Let me guess, you invest in penny stocks and hope beyond hope you'll someday be an Wall St tycoon.

It isn't.

Get honest!

They did nothing to produce the industry/jobs/innovations that produced the fortune.

What did the government do to earn that money? What did the government do to generate that income? What did the government produce that created that fortune?

The government didn't do squat to 'earn' someone elses money. Period. Someone's money -- no matter how much or how little -- DOES NOT belong to the government or society, no matter how much you bleat otherwise.

They started businesses, provided jobs, security, growth, prosperity ... and you somehow believe that entitles YOU to what they've earned/accumulated? Why didn't YOU start that business? Why didn't YOU take on that financial risk? Why didn't YOU take on the investments?

Moochers gotta mooch.

What a family earns/accumulates belongs to the family, NOT to you, not to 'society', and certainly not to the fucking government. You want to be in the rich league, go for it. It's a nice place to live.

ALL within the confines of the US society and safety net, weird they didn't build it in Honduras or Somalia!

Guess what WE as a society get to make laws on that wealth created. Don't like it? Go fuk yourself!

Got no answer except: Waaaaa! We're not a third world country, no fair! You have millions and I don't! Waaaa, gimme, gimme, gimme!!

Poor, poor baby.

:lol:

We have so many people who can't see a fat man standing beside a thin one without coming to the conclusion the fat man got that way by taking advantage of the thin one. - Ronald Reagan

The guy who chose to tilt the playing field toward the fat guy 34 years ago???

Nah., Gov't policy doesn't create wealth you tool!

It isn't.

Get honest!

Did he make it here from the safety net of the US?

You don't seem to understand that this tax will apply to the ultra wealthy.

Why do you want the ultra wealthy's kids to become do nothing lazy asses living off the efforts of their parents?
Why do you support that landed, gentry class that does nothing constructive?
I thought you right wingers were all about succeeding on your own. Puling yourself up by your boots and all that shit?

Now I find you just want the real real rich to have lazy ass kids contributing nothing to society except their sense of entitlement for being rich beyond your ability to grasp?

Why is that?

Dodge noted Bubba

Dodge AGAIN noted Bubba

MOST of the wealth transferred HASN'T been taxed yet, exactly zero to those inheriting it!

The hell it hasn't. Federal and state taxes have already been paid on income and capital gains. You're just conjuring up unicorns floating around in pixie dust. One day, when you have finally paid off the double wide and the .5 acre, you'll be thankful that your kids will not have a burden of paying the one thousand dollar tax that they can't afford.

Dodge noted Bubba

Dodge AGAIN noted Bubba

Well, people who are smart in their estate planning and know what the hell they are doing, who know how to work within the law to keep as much of their money as possible, even in death, have avoided paying anymore money than they have to to uncle.

Giddyup.

]

Another full o shit lie. The inheritance tax applies to all, you twit. I know ranchers who, after they died, lost their land because their family couldn't afford the Inheritance tax on the property.

What the hell are you, stupid? Or just ignorant?

The sheep are ignorant, but the ones taxing inheritance are just greedy and can't stand to pass up an opportunity to rob the people.

Many have lost farms and businesses because they couldn't afford the stupid death tax. Many people worked on the parent's farm or business because they knew someday it would be passed on to them. It's unfair to many who have a lot of time invested in keeping the business or farm going only to lose it so Dems can take more money. That is what Dems call fair and they have a problem with inheritance because so many of their dependents don't have property or anything of value to pass to their children. Mostly, they just pass along the notion that government should take care of you by taking away from other people.

Of course, some rich kids will inherit things for doing nothing and they won't miss the taxes taken out. This hurts those who inherit small businesses or farms and the Dems don't give a shit if they end up losing it all.

Conservatives/GOP ALWAYS trying to keep the AmeriKa THEY love to be an aristocracy over a merit based society. Weird

Starting on 3rd base to them means everyone's is equal, lol

Moochers gotta mooch.

Got no answer except: Waaaaa! We're not a third world country, no fair! You have millions and I don't! Waaaa, gimme, gimme, gimme!!

Poor, poor baby.

:lol:

Glad you don't REALLY believe the US should be a merit based society Bubba

You don't seem to understand that this tax will apply to the ultra wealthy.

Why do you want the ultra wealthy's kids to become do nothing lazy asses living off the efforts of their parents?
Why do you support that landed, gentry class that does nothing constructive?
I thought you right wingers were all about succeeding on your own. Puling yourself up by your boots and all that shit?

Now I find you just want the real real rich to have lazy ass kids contributing nothing to society except their sense of entitlement for being rich beyond your ability to grasp?

Why is that?

It is none of your business what they do with their money.

Their. Money.

THEIR. Money.

Forum List

Back