Republicans to target unions, expand school choice in states

Well, good for them......if they turned out so wonderful, why are you whining about it?

Because tax money only goes to public schools. At the very least, parents that send their kids to private school should not be funding the public school since their kids don't attend. Then they can use that money to help pay for their own children's education.
Then you need to complain to those who pass the laws making property taxes pay for schools. Repeal the laws.

Obama lunch anyone?

Michelle%2BObama%2Bschool%2Blunch%2Bmenu.jpg
You one of those lazy parents who can't fix their own child a lunch?

I would ask the same of the parents who's kids are accepting Free Lunch. Are they too lazy to fix their kids lunch? In some areas, the schools even provide free breakfast and dinner year round. At that point, it's no longer a school. It's almost a homeless shelter.
Much better to let those kids go hungry, right?

Who are Republicans fighting for, when they go after unions and union busting? Are they in bed with the Corporations? Certainly not in bed with the citizens who work in Union jobs that pay well....

Republicans are fighting for choice.

I remember years ago when I was out looking for jobs, I'd apply to someplace that had a union. I would be up front and tell them I had no interest in joining a union. They told me either I join the union or they can't hire me.

Do you think that's fair?
Then, if you don't join the union, you don't benefit from the union negotiations for raises and benefits. THEN it's fair. Right?

Yes, then it is fair. That's what Right-To-Work is all about. What's not fair is a person being denied employment because they don't want to join a stupid union. That's unfair.
So...don't get the benefits/raises from collective bargaining then.

The SAME parents who send their students to public school with no home-made lunch

You mean those same parents that when they do pack a sack lunch for their kids, to only have the cafeteria police go through it to decide what the kid can eat?

My kids went to a school that had a closed campus, and also didn't allow them to bring a lunch. We tried to protest to the school but was told that it was "policy to protect the students". They never did answer "from what". What other option is there?
Link to that happening all over the place, please.
Sure, right away. Post up that evidence of Russia hacking
You can't stay on topic, can you? So I accept your concession that you have no evidence to back up your silly claim.
I answered your question! You're afraid to answer mine! LOL
Nope...you did no such thing. Your teachers failed you, it would appear, in many ways.

Who are Republicans fighting for, when they go after unions and union busting? Are they in bed with the Corporations? Certainly not in bed with the citizens who work in Union jobs that pay well....

Republicans are fighting for choice.

I remember years ago when I was out looking for jobs, I'd apply to someplace that had a union. I would be up front and tell them I had no interest in joining a union. They told me either I join the union or they can't hire me.

Do you think that's fair?
Then, if you don't join the union, you don't benefit from the union negotiations for raises and benefits. THEN it's fair. Right?

Yes, then it is fair. That's what Right-To-Work is all about. What's not fair is a person being denied employment because they don't want to join a stupid union. That's unfair.
So...don't get the benefits/raises from collective bargaining then.

Absolutely, but the way things were back then, you couldn't even get hired unless you agreed to join the union. I'm sure it's still that way now although I haven't checked in many years.

Obama lunch anyone?

Michelle%2BObama%2Bschool%2Blunch%2Bmenu.jpg
You one of those lazy parents who can't fix their own child a lunch?

I would ask the same of the parents who's kids are accepting Free Lunch. Are they too lazy to fix their kids lunch? In some areas, the schools even provide free breakfast and dinner year round. At that point, it's no longer a school. It's almost a homeless shelter.
Much better to let those kids go hungry, right?

Why would they go hungry? Fix the kids a lunch. They have food stamps and food stamps usually gives people more than they ever need.

Well, good for them......if they turned out so wonderful, why are you whining about it?

Because tax money only goes to public schools. At the very least, parents that send their kids to private school should not be funding the public school since their kids don't attend. Then they can use that money to help pay for their own children's education.
Then you need to complain to those who pass the laws making property taxes pay for schools. Repeal the laws.
We just want vouchers

Charter schools get to pick their students. Allow public schools to do the same, ok?

Of course, that's the only reason.
Why not give it a try.......? Or are you afraid that your kids would get rejected?

I don't have any children. But to say that the only reason charter schools do better is because they get to hand pick kids is ridiculous. Private schools compete with every other school so they do want to give customers the best product they can.

And that is a lie.....the left creates road blocks to Charter schools that keep them from being successful......so don't even try that lie....

You mean Road blocks like, "Making sure they aren't scams"?

Competition works in every area of life to decrease costs and improve quality.....the only objection the left has to education being private is that they lose their tax payer funded left wing indoctrination centers........the 12 years they get to brain wash our children against their own country....

Sorry, guy, have you ever heard of a Ford Pinto, a fine example of "Competition" at its finest. Ford wanted a car that could "compete" with the Japanese imports,and they got the "Barbecue that seats Four".

Competition doesn't guarantee quality.

And besides.......who wants charter schools......we want Vouchers....so that parents can send their kids to any school they want....anywhere they want.....just like college....

Again, the problem with that is, what if your kid isn't one that the private schools want?

Right now, there are only enough private schools for 9% of the students in America. At best, some poor kids will displace some rich kids, and they'll be st uck in the public school system. At worst, the rich will simply game the system and get the rest of us to subsidize their kids private education... But for 91%, it will still be a shit sandwich.

Again, you'll have to look at Milwaukee's experience, where they tried vouchers and it failed, miserably.

Freedom is really simple to define--------->the more choices you have, the more free you are. If the government FORCES you to choose their product, then why would their product be exceptional?!?!?! The logic is simple---------->the more entities in competition for your dollars on any product or service, the lower the cost of that product or service, and the higher quality it is!

whenever I hear a right winger talk about Freedom, I grab my wallet and watch my back. What they usually mean is the ability of htose with money and power to abuse the rest of us. No thanks.

And then, Joe and friends contend that the good public school teachers will get the shaft. Why? Maybe they will decide to move to the private schools where they would have more control over their curriculum. Their whole argument is a red herring, it really is. They are probably in shock being at least reasonably intelligent, that most of you would even see it fit to argue over their narrative; which we all know, is absolutely ludicrous-)

Three Generations of my family have worked for the Catholic School system. They have all the same problems the public school system has, inept teachers, bureauracy, egos larger than life, and little bastards that their parents don't discipline.

Thinking they are going to step in and replace what you have now is delusional.

Again, not seeing how you are going to get better performance with less money and less rights at work.

Shouldn't target Unions too much. American Workers are leaving the Democratic Party in droves. They're beginning to realize Globalists don't care about them. More Unions are supporting the Republican Party.

That being said, Teacher Unions are the most radical Communist of American Unions. They will have to be defeated. School Choice is as American as it gets. It's time for change.

Found this on my local news station site and decided to throw it out there. The meat of the article says this:

"As President-elect Donald Trump leads an attempted makeover in Washington, Republican governors and state lawmakers will be simultaneously pushing an aggressive agenda that limits abortion, lawsuits and unions, cuts business taxes and regulations, and expands gun rights and school choice.

Republicans will hold 33 governors' offices, have majorities in 33 legislatures and control both the governor's office and legislature in 25 states - their most since 1952. Democrats will control both the governor's office and legislature in only about a half-dozen states; the rest will have politically divided governments."

So is this such a bad agenda? I predict more snowflakes a falling.

The states with strong teachers' unions have the best educational records in the country.

Why fuck with that?

You got to be drinking a lot of egg nogg today.

I'm right you're wrong.

Only in your liberal fantasy land a simple google search is enough remember... I am a graduate of the great Union Chicago schools..

And you know how well I use grammar and spell real sweal.

Do you believe that if we pay teachers less we will get better teachers?

Let's put this in perspective:

A couple weeks ago, wasn't it, the Trumpbots were praising Trump for supposedly saving good paying UNION jobs in Indiana.

Today they're championing the idea of destroying teachers' unions.

Are these people mental, or what?

Found this on my local news station site and decided to throw it out there. The meat of the article says this:

"As President-elect Donald Trump leads an attempted makeover in Washington, Republican governors and state lawmakers will be simultaneously pushing an aggressive agenda that limits abortion, lawsuits and unions, cuts business taxes and regulations, and expands gun rights and school choice.

Republicans will hold 33 governors' offices, have majorities in 33 legislatures and control both the governor's office and legislature in 25 states - their most since 1952. Democrats will control both the governor's office and legislature in only about a half-dozen states; the rest will have politically divided governments."

So is this such a bad agenda? I predict more snowflakes a falling.

The states with strong teachers' unions have the best educational records in the country.

Why fuck with that?

You got to be drinking a lot of egg nogg today.

I'm right you're wrong.

Only in your liberal fantasy land a simple google search is enough remember... I am a graduate of the great Union Chicago schools..

And you know how well I use grammar and spell real sweal.

Do you believe that if we pay teachers less we will get better teachers?

Did I ever say that? This discussion we are having right now is your claim that Union teachers are better and we both know that to be false.

Everyone against charter schools is against competition... Wrapped up in the facade that they take money away from the public schools. If you bother to look up the stats something over 50% of teachers don't even send their own kids to public schools..

So a question, if teachers are paid so little how can they afford it?

And what do they really know?

Let's put this in perspective:

A couple weeks ago, wasn't it, the Trumpbots were praising Trump for supposedly saving good paying UNION jobs in Indiana.

Today they're championing the idea of destroying teachers' unions.

Are these people mental, or what?

Yeah, we know the left don't know the difference between private Unions and Public ones... Illegal immigrants and legal immigrants, pollution and climate

Shouldn't target Unions too much. American Workers are leaving the Democratic Party in droves. They're beginning to realize Globalists don't care about them. More Unions are supporting the Republican Party.

That being said, Teacher Unions are the most radical Communist of American Unions. They will have to be defeated. School Choice is as American as it gets. It's time for change.
Sorry to hear that you had such an unfulfilling experience in school........But I agree about school choice. Public schools should have the complete freedom to choose what students they will accept and keep.

Forum List

Back