Republicans Vote Against Their Own Self Interest, Democrats Don't Vote

745.gif

What's that supposed to mean? That you are racist? I already knew that.....:D

Remember this:

The same film maker was on Bill Maher tonight showing a film she made in, I think it was Michigan. So she's asking Republicans and Democrats questions and she came to the conclusion that Republicans vote against their own self interests and Democrats don't vote.

There was a young Democrat getting Food Stamps that said he wasn't going to vote.

But the most hilarious was a Republican who was a little older. He was asked what he thought of gay marriage. He said he was fine with it. Everyone had the right to get married. Asked about Food Stamps, he said they were a great idea. Asked about equal pay for equal work, he said who would be against that? Asked about woman's rights, he said he was totally for women's rights

When he was asked who he would vote for and he said, "the big 'R', Republican of course". No clue his party was against everything he was for. So that's how it is? Republicans vote for what they are actually against? Why do they do that?

Total bullshit. Republicans are not all against food stamps. We do not want to see children starve. However, we generally are against the idea of a welfare state that provides the basics for everyone. Why? It is not the government's place to do that and it promotes too much government involvement in the private lives of citizens. Stamps are fine for the unfortunate people who need them. However, we also need to be promoting policy to grow the economy and thereby bring about prosperity and economic opportunity so that people do not have to make welfare a lifestyle.

On gay marriage I say "who cares"? To me the Equal Protection clause compels equality in marriage unless the state shows a compelling need to treat gay marriage differently. Granted, some of the more religious folks in the party object to gay marriage on moral grounds. I do not. My point is that not all Republicans oppose gay marriage. Further, the Republican party is made up of people with differing priorities. I am Republican primarily due to my view of the constitution and because the Republican Party is, in my opinion, a far better choice on issues involving the economy and national security and defense. However, I am generally willing to accept other points of view within the party and to respect those views. Republicans are generally drawn together by a desire to see economic prosperity, freedom, and to have the constitutional system of a limited federal government. However, there are differences inside the party.

By contrast, the Democratic Party is much more prone to be comprised of groups of single-interest voters. There are women who will absolutely not vote for any candidate that does not support abortion, for example. They couldn't care less about the macro impact of their candidate so long as their issue of interest is addressed in a manner they find acceptable. The Democratic Party is largely cobbled together by disaffected groups that want something specific. Republicans, however, are generally willing to compromise as long as the underlying fundamental elements are present, such as economic prosperity, national security, freedom, and limited government.

The problem with the initial post in this thread is that it oversimplifies the Republican constituency to the point where the underlying message intended to be conveyed suffers from a credibility problem because it is not in accord with reality. Yes, you can support gay rights and food stamps and still be a Republican.

The lack understanding on the part of Democrats is fascinating and repulsive at the same time. One may conclude that the Dems know what they are doing and are intentionally misleading people. Or, they are just not that smart and they are not well-informed.

Republicans, however, are generally willing to compromise as long as the underlying fundamental elements are present, such as economic prosperity, national security, freedom, and limited government.

Why would you make such a statement that is so easy to disprove?
Voter suppression
women's right
gay rights
redistribution
of wealth to the top 1%

Republicans push bill to cut food stamps school lunches - Austin Economy Examiner.com

You are exactly the type of person this thread is aimed at.

So many poor conservatives are "one issue" voters. They ignore everything else as long as their one issue is considered focal.

The Issue Of One Issue Voters

I fully admit to be a single issue Voter.

I vote for the people who uphold the U.S. Constitution, as it is written, the best. So that means I will, most likely, never vote for another Democrat for office.

Well, surely you didn't vote for Bush....now that's one that shredded the Constitution, along with his co-hort Cheney.
rederp is fooled by his own propaganda and lies.

stunner

and cons have always voted pro country and anti-me

we are selfless that way

Yep, conservative women are selfless.....they vote for Republican leaders who insist that they don't need to make as much money as a man doing the same job. I call that dumb.
You do realize women in Obama's administration make less than men? So where is your outrage?

You do realize women in Obama's administration make less than men? So where is your outrage?

Are you obtuse? Obama doesn't set the pay scale at the White House....but I guess you and others like you are not smart enough to figure that out. He is trying to change it, but unfortunately, Republicans in Congress, who claim they aren't waging war against women are the ones that are keeping "equal pay" from happening. I can see why, they must be as dumb as the people that put them in office.

Oh, so you are believing that Republicans want to pay women the same as the man in the same job?

Democrats clearly don't believe in it since the White House is one of the worst offenders

Show me where Obama is able to set wages for anyone that works in the White House? Are all conservatives as dumb as you?
Show me if he cared, he couldn't change it.

No, he can't change it because people like you, who are not informed and who don't care about women and the fact that they are being cheated, keep voting for the likes of leaders that don't care about women and who give lip service to the idea that they don't wage war on women.

because i show a picture of a black person that means im a racist?......

Well, why don't you tell me what that picture has to do with whatever we're discussing, since you feel you are being falsely accused?

I'll be waiting for your answer.
did i quote you?......ill be waiting for your answer....

Well, why don't you tell me what that picture has to do with whatever we're discussing, since you feel you are being falsely accused?

Nice deflection, racist.

Nice deflection, racist.
was i quoting you or piss pot?....i could swear it was pisspot.....now tell me how that picture was racist?...it showed a woman who happens to be black "reacting" to what the guy said.....if she was white you would have had no problems with it right?....so who is being racial?.....

was i quoting you or piss pot?....i could swear it was pisspot.....now tell me how that picture was racist?...it showed a woman who happens to be black "reacting" to what the guy said.....if she was white you would have had no problems with it right?....so who is being racial?.....

You were quoting pissed-on's quote to me. A picture of a black woman in a "maid's" outfit in a conversation regarding equal pay signifies what?

If you can't explain how that fits into the conversation then what other reason could there be? Making fun of blacks?

The notion that Obama can't change salaries in his administration is patently retarded.

Why don't you post a link that shows that he can. You can't because the notion that he can change salaries is retarded. If he could, he wouldn't be having to rely on the obstinate House where Republicans vote "no" because they don't care about women.

The notion that Obama can't change salaries in his administration is patently retarded.

Why don't you post a link that shows that he can. You can't because the notion that he can change salaries is retarded. If he could, he wouldn't be having to rely on the obstinate House where Republicans vote "no" because they don't care about women.

He just enacted an EO for Federal Contractor wages.

He can certainly do the same under Lily Ledbetter Act in his own White House.

For fucks sake.

Forum List

Back