Republicans Want To Gun Down Big Bird

NPR, aside from some good children's shows NPR is all about big Oil and Banks making more money.

I wish I watched the shows to make a point, I have seen some things on PBS and NPR, what is most obvious is that Rockefeller Oil money is funding network.

What does that money buy?

Now our children can grow up watching Fox like all partiotic American kids should.

Fox News is leading the charge to defund NPR/PBS.

People have been wanting to end public funding of NPR as well as other colossal wastes of money like the NEA before Fox was even on the air.

The Rockefeller Brothers fund also funded a study that found Fox viewers are misinformed, the Rockefeller Brothers fund, funds NPR and PBS. I think we even have a Rockefeller Democrat Congressman. Of course there is also Henry Kissinger who is a Rockefeller man. Seems like the Rockefeller's have turned the world into a giant game of Monopoly.

Anyhow just adding some thoughts along yours, people seem to forget the facts of the past, as you point out, we have been trying to cut government spending to reduce our tax burden and improve our lives long before Fox news was ever heard of.

We have to fight the corporations who own the politicians. I am sure the Rockefeller corporations will not want to pay a bigger share of PBS and NPR to get their propaganda heard.

Fox News is leading the charge to defund NPR/PBS.

People have been wanting to end public funding of NPR as well as other colossal wastes of money like the NEA before Fox was even on the air.

The Rockefeller Brothers fund also funded a study that found Fox viewers are misinformed, the Rockefeller Brothers fund, funds NPR and PBS. I think we even have a Rockefeller Democrat Congressman. Of course there is also Henry Kissinger who is a Rockefeller man. Seems like the Rockefeller's have turned the world into a giant game of Monopoly.

Anyhow just adding some thoughts along yours, people seem to forget the facts of the past, as you point out, we have been trying to cut government spending to reduce our tax burden and improve our lives long before Fox news was ever heard of.

We have to fight the corporations who own the politicians. I am sure the Rockefeller corporations will not want to pay a bigger share of PBS and NPR to get their propaganda heard.

So NPR and PBS get absolutely no taxpayer dollars?

I never hear the right wing or the republicans complain about the monies spent on unnecessary war items, but when it comes to honest reporting and quality TV, they are up in arms. Killing people is a positive value for them, educating people is a non starter. Killing Big Bird and other quality radio and TV makes the loonies happy. What a sad group of people.

"The biggest single source of revenue for public media entities is membership. Membership contributions to local stations and "friends of..." groups provide critical support for public media." Who pays for public media?

"However, only 10 per cent of the total funding comes from the government grants. Radio stations are growing financially with the two main sources of revenue which are support from listeners and underwriting. Some of the listeners also undertake a community based fundraising."

Whenever I read your 'opinions', I shake my head and wonder whether you are capable of thinking for yourself and forming your own opinions or do you always just regurgitate those of other people?

You want left wing media, you pay for it. There is no reason why the rest of us should be paying for your media.

I have had this tired complaint before, answered it, and anyone who reads my 'threads' knows different. You are best at ad hominem, thought is lost on you. But to be fair, I have never ever seen an original thread from you? Never. If you have an original thought, please add link to this thread. That way I can judge your presumed originally, so far nada.

LOL, how bout that title..

This is what YOUR MONEY is paying for folks.
[see above.]

call your Reps and ask them to get behind this and...DEFUND NOW
PBS, NPR,

PBS should broadcast commentary on the inanity that passes for political talk today. The rightwing corporate tools on this board use those words constantly. And the commentary came from Mark Fiore's Animated Cartoon Site It is honest reporting even if exaggerated. We hear from the tea party - well we did.

Still havent seen a good argument why the government needs to fund any tv or radio station.

Because it is the right thing to do. Government funds many things that make society better, PBS is just one of them. Much of the infrastructure for radio and TV are government funded. Government is the people and should support all the people, not just the bomb makers.

"A new barbarism, illiteracy and impoverishment of language, new kinds of poverty, merciless remodeling of opinion by media, immiseration of the mind, obsolescence of the soul. Massified, standardizing modes, in every area of life, relentlessly re-enact the actual control program of modernity. Capitalism did not create our world; the machine did." Jean-François Lyotard

You've never seen an original thread from me? My dear child, the only threads I ever start are original thoughts.... I never start a thread with a link to someone else's opinion, or a media article. I don't "prove" my opinions by linking to the media, I don't quote others in my posts, I don't give book reviews as posts..... I think you're confusing me with someone else.

PBS fired Juan Williams for working with Fox.

Noooooooo they're not Liberal!

:rolleyes:

Egyptians circled their National Museum to protect their culture and preserve their national identity.

American conservatives want to defund the National Endowment for the Arts and Public Broadcasting.

And they call themselves 'Family Values Advocates'. The arts are family values.

I wonder why Conservatives chafe when they are regarded as uncultured, boorish and stupid. On this thread, they want to do away with the arts. On another thread, they champion the teaching of "intelligent design" as real science. And, on yet another thread, they shout about the damage same sex marriage will cause to the institution of marriage. On still another thread, they claim that frozen zygotes are actually human beings.

Makes me wonder why they should be listened to at all.

Egyptians circled their National Museum to protect their culture and preserve their national identity.

American conservatives want to defund the National Endowment for the Arts and Public Broadcasting.

I wonder why Conservatives chafe when they are regarded as uncultured, boorish and stupid. On this thread, they want to do away with the arts. On another thread, they champion the teaching of "intelligent design" as real science. And, on yet another thread, they shout about the damage same sex marriage will cause to the institution of marriage. On still another thread, they claim that frozen zygotes are actually human beings.

I say We have a Big Texas BBQ and Invite Big Bird as the Guest of Honor. :eusa_whistle::eek: :eusa_whistle: :eusa_whistle: :eusa_whistle: :eek:

Who cares if Sesame Street is brought to you by Pampers and Flintstones vitamins instead of the letter H and the number 7?

I do. One of the reason that PBS is such a treasure is that it keeps corporate marketing of toxic, fat laden hamburgers and crap made in China (probably toxic too) off of the air during its children's programming. I do NOT want these shows absorbed and changed into mini-marketing segments by corporations.

I say We have a Big Texas BBQ and Invite Big Bird as the Guest of Honor. :eusa_whistle::eek: :eusa_whistle: :eusa_whistle: :eusa_whistle: :eek:
ye haw

Well then we need to contribute more often to them don't we? Come on it's only 11% I'm sure they will be able to find the funding.

omg, so public broadcasting is making us a smarter society.?

good gawd, I've heard it all now. What the hell are PARENTS for these days?

We don't need indoctrinated programing T.V. to make us a Smarter Society folks.

get behind and request DEFUND DEFUND DEFUND.

Compare the programming. Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers or Sesame Street. One sells Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, the other teaches kids to spell.

Dora The Explorer's pretty good. Blue's Clues too. Sesame Street is great and would certainly do well on its own would would fit right in with those other two. Masterpiece Theater? Bleh. Antiques Roadshow? This Old House? Both very dry. I'm not sure how you think such drek "enlightens" anyone but if you think they are worthy of funding then pay for them yourself.

By the way, teen shows on PBS are nothing but absolute crap and that's why Mythbusters does so well. It's engaging for them and they learn stuff. But for some reason a very poor performing Nova is the only teen science content available. I choose the model that works for me and you choose the model that works for you. What's wrong with that?

PBS fired Juan Williams for working with Fox.

Noooooooo they're not Liberal!

:rolleyes:
That's not the reason, and you know it.
The fuck it isn't! Philosophical hypocrites every last one of em.

I've seen the shit they call 'balanced' journalism.

3 leftwing psychopaths and a moderate democrat form balance, as long as you have one black, yellow, red and gay person on the panel. With Bill Moyers commentating (moderating) on how agreement can be found between the false conservative as long as they agree with the 3 psychopaths.

Look, one of these days all the PBS shows will be cancelled for one reason or another. Once gone, others will have been extablished to take their places and the public payment for leftist ideology on the airwaves will continue forever. The response should be, "No". If they want to indoctronate kids in the ways of the left, let them survive in the free market place, the way conservative radio muscles leftists off because the leftists couldn;t compete in a fair market. And if the PBS shows can continue to function in a fee market, then good for them. But these guys make hundreds of millions from grants and private contributions. Cut off the umbilical cord to the national pocketbook. It was a bad idea originally. It remains an even worse idea today.

Let a generation of kids get a little disappointed when Big bird goes off the air. Their leftist parents can buy all the videos and they can still watch them into adulthood, which is what i sometimes think liberals are doing judging from the preponderance of their worldviews.

Whenever the right wing in America tell you media is liberal, I shake my head and wonder who what when where how. Corporations own 'Big Media' in America and corporations are not liberal by any definition of the word. But then there is a smidgen of good broadcasting left and that I guess is the last remaining target of the right. Media that doesn't presnt the nonsense heard on right wing radio or Fox is the target today. No need for Big Brother when you control the message all the messages. [Amazon.com: What Orwell Didn't Know: Propaganda and the New Face of American Politics (9781586485603): Andras Szanto, Orville Schell: Books]

'House GOP Budget Takes Away All Federal Funding for Corporation for Public Broadcasting' by Huma Khan

"As the House prepares for debate today on the budget, Republicans are trying to cut off public funding for NPR and the Public Broadcasting Service, which run such iconic programs as "Sesame Street" and "Morning Edition."" As Budget Debates Begin, Republicans Put NPR, PBS on Chopping Block | Common Dreams

Let Big Damn Bird pay his own way. No sympathy here.

If your post is based on ignorance can I assume at the least you have no understanding or what you speak.

Egypt says major pieces looted from famed museum - Yahoo! News

Egypt says major pieces looted from famed museum

Egypt says major pieces looted from famed museum AFP / EGYPTIAN SUPREME COUCIL OF ANTIQUITIES – Dr. Zahi Hawass, the minister of state for antiquities, announced Sunday that eight major pieces had …
by Riad Abu Awad Riad Abu Awad – Sun Feb 13, 11:23 am ET

CAIRO (AFP) – Looters who raided Egypt's famed museum during the unrest that toppled Hosni Mubarak hauled off a trove of ancient treasures, including a statue of King Tutankhamun, officials said on Sunday.

The plundered artefacts include a gilded wooden statue showing the boy pharaoh being carried by a goddess and parts of another statue of him harpooning fish, the minister of state for antiquities, Zahi Hawass, said.

Looters broke into the museum in Cairo's Tahrir Square on January 28 when anti-Mubarak protesters drove his despised police from the streets in a series of clashes and torched the adjacent ruling party headquarters

Yes, NPR is art and thus we want to do away with art.

How about the family values we lack when we oppose things like Maggots and Human Blood being paid for as are with tax money. Is that what your speak of.

Online NewsHour: The Art of Controversy -- October 8, 1999

Damien Hirst's "A Thousand Years" composed of flies, maggots, a cow's head, sugar, and water, another Hirst work, "This Little Piggy went to Market, This Little Piggy Stayed Home" a split pig carcass floating in formaldehyde; Marc Quinn's, "Self," a bust of the artist made from nine pints of his frozen blood;

most controversial, artist Chris Ofili's work titled "The Holy Virgin Mary;" it is this work -- a depiction of a black Madonna adorned with elephant dung and sexually-explicit photos -- that was deemed by New York's Mayor Rudolph Giuliani "anti-Catholic."

So money from my pocket should fund maggots and human blood as art otherwise I am uncultured, boorish.

So the Govenment decides everything about my life, even what is Art, and against my will I must work a job and pay for your idea of Human Blood and Shit as Art.

That is Marxism, nothing less. From reproduction, to health, to water, food, the type of energy I use, if my electricity is turned on or off, to Art, the government decides. That is not Democracy or a Republic, that is tyranny.

I am your slave, my labor pays for you and what you want and I get to be called un-cultured when I do appreciate Maggots, Blood, and Shit as art.

The Nazis for some reason comes to mind but not as much as all this just screams of Marxist politics disguised as Liberalism, it was Howard Zinn that stated its "prudent", not to reference Marxism in regards to politics. Who loves Howard Zinn, raise your hands.

If your post is based on ignorance can I assume at the least you have no understanding or what you speak.

Egypt says major pieces looted from famed museum - Yahoo! News

Egypt says major pieces looted from famed museum

Egypt says major pieces looted from famed museum AFP / EGYPTIAN SUPREME COUCIL OF ANTIQUITIES – Dr. Zahi Hawass, the minister of state for antiquities, announced Sunday that eight major pieces had …
by Riad Abu Awad Riad Abu Awad – Sun Feb 13, 11:23 am ET

CAIRO (AFP) – Looters who raided Egypt's famed museum during the unrest that toppled Hosni Mubarak hauled off a trove of ancient treasures, including a statue of King Tutankhamun, officials said on Sunday.

The plundered artefacts include a gilded wooden statue showing the boy pharaoh being carried by a goddess and parts of another statue of him harpooning fish, the minister of state for antiquities, Zahi Hawass, said.

Looters broke into the museum in Cairo's Tahrir Square on January 28 when anti-Mubarak protesters drove his despised police from the streets in a series of clashes and torched the adjacent ruling party headquarters

Yes, NPR is art and thus we want to do away with art.

How about the family values we lack when we oppose things like Maggots and Human Blood being paid for as are with tax money. Is that what your speak of.

Online NewsHour: The Art of Controversy -- October 8, 1999

Damien Hirst's "A Thousand Years" composed of flies, maggots, a cow's head, sugar, and water, another Hirst work, "This Little Piggy went to Market, This Little Piggy Stayed Home" a split pig carcass floating in formaldehyde; Marc Quinn's, "Self," a bust of the artist made from nine pints of his frozen blood;

most controversial, artist Chris Ofili's work titled "The Holy Virgin Mary;" it is this work -- a depiction of a black Madonna adorned with elephant dung and sexually-explicit photos -- that was deemed by New York's Mayor Rudolph Giuliani "anti-Catholic."

So money from my pocket should fund maggots and human blood as art otherwise I am uncultured, boorish.

So the Govenment decides everything about my life, even what is Art, and against my will I must work a job and pay for your idea of Human Blood and Shit as Art.

That is Marxism, nothing less. From reproduction, to health, to water, food, the type of energy I use, if my electricity is turned on or off, to Art, the government decides. That is not Democracy or a Republic, that is tyranny.

I am your slave, my labor pays for you and what you want and I get to be called un-cultured when I do appreciate Maggots, Blood, and Shit as art.

The Nazis for some reason comes to mind but not as much as all this just screams of Marxist politics disguised as Liberalism, it was Howard Zinn that stated its "prudent", not to reference Marxism in regards to politics. Who loves Howard Zinn, raise your hands.
Our word for today is HYPERBOLE. Use it in a sentence.

"mdn2000 resorts to hyperbole when fighting the culture war."

Forum List

Back