🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Republicans Win To Keep Medicine Costs High For Most Americans

Did I actually say it was the Republicans? That is who we are blaming but I clearly said I never for a second thought the Democrats would pass this.
Yes, you blamed Republicans.

We can blame this on Republicans . but I never for a second thought Congress would do this. People like Cory Booker has fought against lower prescription prices forever so I had no faith this would ever pass.
How is it the Republicans fault?

would essentially mean that pharma companies could raise price increases well beyond inflation," he said in an interview in the days leading up to the vote.

Drug companies and Senate Republicans had planned for months to target the inflation caps provision — through a process known on Capitol Hill as a “Byrd bath.” Sen. Mike Crapo (R-Idaho), the top Republican on the Senate Finance Committee, told reporters that they went through the bill “line by line” in an effort to bring every challenge they could find.

Good job. You really stuck it to Americans.
That’ll show ‘‘em whose boss huh?
Government interference is the reason prices are so high

Which is exactly why your insurance premiums are so high.
Premiums are high because everything is high right now... pre Obamacare I had a premium plan that cost me $250 per month... $5 co pays and drug costs paid without having to fight for it....
Today is not better... the promises by government haven't come true....
So knowing this.... who would support more of government intervention in healthcare?...

Last edited:
I thought it was because the cost to create the stuff was expensive?
He is talking about healthcare not drug research and development....
There is a drug called repatha... its an injection pen for lowering cholesterol... it can reduce cholesterol by half almost reversing heart disease all by itself.... its a life saver... it is estimated that the producers of this drug will not see a profit for 30 years due to the cost to develop this needed medicine... and you want to lengthen that time?... why?.... you would be taking incentive for more research away....

He is talking about healthcare not drug research and development....
There is a drug called repatha... its an injection pen for lowering cholesterol... it can reduce cholesterol by half almost reversing heart disease all by itself.... its a life saver... it is estimated that the producers of this drug will not see a profit for 30 years due to the cost to develop this needed medicine... and you want to lengthen that time?... why?.... you would be taking incentive for more research away....

I posted the example of the epi-pen. We are discussing negotiating prices. Can you go in an negotiate a $10,000 price on a new car? No, but you can still negotiate.

I posted the example of the epi-pen. We are discussing negotiating prices. Can you go in an negotiate a $10,000 price on a new car? No, but you can still negotiate.
Cars don't extend and save lives and cure diseases.... like drug research does....

Cars don't extend and save lives and cure diseases.... like drug research does....

You all need to make up your minds. It's either the cost of bringing them to the market that causes high prices or it's the government.

You all need to make up your minds. It's either the cost of bringing them to the market that causes high prices or it's the government.
Government regulation and testing is very costly as well as the R and D that goes into making life saving medicine... one day they may have a pill to save your life... maybe then you will understand....

Government regulation and testing is very costly as well as the R and D that goes into making life saving medicine... one day they may have a pill to save your life... maybe then you will understand....

Because pharmaceutical companies aren't continually making record profits.

Forum List

Back