Republicans: You could have stopped the demographic shift that beat you.

Republicans, do you realize you could have stopped this huge demographic shift that is a large part of why you are the minority party now? Yep. You sure could have.

For years, people wanted to teach sex ed and birth control in schools. You opposed with a passion. It wasnt right religiously. Only abstinence would be acceptable. And as time passed, the rapid birth rate in poor communities kept growing.

For years, the open border with Mexico fed millions of illegal immigrants. Reagan could've stopped it. Bush 1 could have. Bush 2 not only didnt stop it, he helped the cause. WHY? Well, you see, big business makes a lot of money off cheap labor. So, as much as the red meat Republicans like the idea of a sealed border, their rich friends like cheap labor much more. Heck, why close that border- it not only provides cheap labor, but, if you get rich enough you can move into a subdivision with large walls and gates anyway, so who cares what comes into the rest of the country right!!!?

So, right wingers, the huge shift in demographics that beat you all in 2012? Its largely your own fault. You had chances to stop it or slow it. But you didnt. Ideology- religious and financial, was too much for you to overcome.

Corporate America could care less about conservatives. All they want is money and power and the democrat party is the best game in town right now because they favor illegals. So the GOP can either get on board or get destroyed as far as they are concerned. In the interim, they will continue to send jobs overseas as the progressive taxes continue to rise.

It's no skin off their collective backs.

We should support Eugenics like Progressives, right Bucs90?

No, not at all. You and your party should wake the fuck up and get with the times, and stop all this anti-government bullshit. Maybe you would've retained a lot of FORMER right wing voters, like myself.

If you don't endorse the "anti-government bullshit" then you aren't a right winger. You're a left-winger. Why should anyone who opposes big government accept your prescription?

But, just for example, I keep checking in to see what ideas the GOP has in 2013 about jobs, domestic programs, police and fire depts that are suffering budget crisis, crumbling roads and schools, etc, etc, etc.

And all I hear about is some Muslim attack on an embassy in Northern Africa.

And I am reminded why Im no longer a Republican, and why so many more are going to realize the same eventually.

Ideas that work don't change. Your whining about the justifiable criticism Obumturd is getting over Benghazi is just a diversion.

You're a sleazy lying left-winger who is promoting the left-wing agenda. You'll excuse us if we give you the middle finger salute.

:clap2:

Thanks for your honesty.

That is the exact attitude that drove me away from the GOP. Im NOT anti-government. Its like if you play for the Kansas City Chiefs, and they are struggling, and saying you are anti-Chiefs. No. We have things to fix, but Im not anti-government, it is still OUR government, I want it to work and work well.

You said "Ideas that work dont change". Well guess what? Slavery "worked". It made the South incredibly profitable. But it HAD to change. Just like the GOP must change.

I can remember all my life the state of cali asking fro help with the border.

The republicans always said "hey its your problem deal with it".

they hated this state for the same reasons they hate us now.

the same reasons they refused to help NY after the storm.

Because of party and politics.

They have been placing party over country all my life

Yup, the rightwing rednecks didn't want to help after Hurricane Sandy because the states hurt most are blue. I live in New Jersey and it's still a disaster. The only decent Republican is Chris Christie. He's very popular here, especially since he took Congress took task in a press conference and called those @ssholes exactly what they are.....total @ssholes.

Yup, the rightwing rednecks didn't want to help after Hurricane Sandy because the states hurt most are blue. I live in New Jersey and it's still a disaster. The only decent Republican is Chris Christie. He's very popular here, especially since he took Congress took task in a press conference and called those @ssholes exactly what they are.....total @ssholes.

I just wanted to say....

Our bitch Governor and right wing radical politicians haven't done shit for you folks in New Jersey.

However, the local Democrat mayor Joe Riley here in Charleston, and a LOT of people in Charleston, have gone up to NJ and sent aid, as much as we could.

We remember after Hurricane Hugo how much help you guys sent us, and we've tried to send as much up as we can. We're still praying for you guys up there.

We should support Eugenics like Progressives, right Bucs90?

No, not at all. You and your party should wake the fuck up and get with the times, and stop all this anti-government bullshit. Maybe you would've retained a lot of FORMER right wing voters, like myself.

If you don't endorse the "anti-government bullshit" then you aren't a right winger. You're a left-winger. Why should anyone who opposes big government accept your prescription?

But, just for example, I keep checking in to see what ideas the GOP has in 2013 about jobs, domestic programs, police and fire depts that are suffering budget crisis, crumbling roads and schools, etc, etc, etc.

And all I hear about is some Muslim attack on an embassy in Northern Africa.

And I am reminded why Im no longer a Republican, and why so many more are going to realize the same eventually.

Ideas that work don't change. Your whining about the justifiable criticism Obumturd is getting over Benghazi is just a diversion.

You're a sleazy lying left-winger who is promoting the left-wing agenda. You'll excuse us if we give you the middle finger salute.

We know that's not your middle finger; it's your IQ.

Republicans, do you realize you could have stopped this huge demographic shift that is a large part of why you are the minority party now? Yep. You sure could have.

For years, people wanted to teach sex ed and birth control in schools. You opposed with a passion. It wasnt right religiously. Only abstinence would be acceptable. And as time passed, the rapid birth rate in poor communities kept growing.

For years, the open border with Mexico fed millions of illegal immigrants. Reagan could've stopped it. Bush 1 could have. Bush 2 not only didnt stop it, he helped the cause. WHY? Well, you see, big business makes a lot of money off cheap labor. So, as much as the red meat Republicans like the idea of a sealed border, their rich friends like cheap labor much more. Heck, why close that border- it not only provides cheap labor, but, if you get rich enough you can move into a subdivision with large walls and gates anyway, so who cares what comes into the rest of the country right!!!?

So, right wingers, the huge shift in demographics that beat you all in 2012? Its largely your own fault. You had chances to stop it or slow it. But you didnt. Ideology- religious and financial, was too much for you to overcome.

Corporate America could care less about conservatives. All they want is money and power and the democrat party is the best game in town right now because they favor illegals. So the GOP can either get on board or get destroyed as far as they are concerned. In the interim, they will continue to send jobs overseas as the progressive taxes continue to rise.

It's no skin off their collective backs.

so you claim raising taxes is evil?

yet you claim the people in the top 1% are evil?

you one confused kid

I just wanted to say....

Our bitch Governor and right wing radical politicians haven't done shit for you folks in New Jersey.

However, the local Democrat mayor Joe Riley here in Charleston, and a LOT of people in Charleston, have gone up to NJ and sent aid, as much as we could.

We remember after Hurricane Hugo how much help you guys sent us, and we've tried to send as much up as we can. We're still praying for you guys up there.

Now is that Nikki Haley you're talking about? Ahahahahaa....She's one skanky 'ho for the Republicans, indeed she is. Thanks very much for your help and empathy.

The Jersey shore is toast for 2013, so that will be a huge loss in revenues this year. Christie has been trying to tell everyone that it ain't gonna happen. Most areas are still taped off and inaccessible. My neighbor's house was crushed the night of the storm, as many people lost homes, and the insurance giants are dragging their feet and skimping right and left.

My business relies heavily on the NJ/NYC Metro area and it's down about 85%. So the ripple effect is businesses like mine that can't hold out any longer for the state to become whole and functioning again. Like the other shoe that is getting ready to drop.

Neither party's leadership gives a damn about US citizens in blue collar America. The last Democratic party president to care was Carter. The only Republican president who ever did anything for working class America was IKE. To be sure, large numbers of white trash America BELIEVE Reagan did something for them, but that is the result of poor education combined with delusion.

Otis Chandler handed Reagan off to Wall Street to see if they could sell that bobble-headed clown to halfwit America. Ever since they succeeded (basically in 1976), both parties have taken increasing amounts of cash - and policy guidance - from corporations seeking to increase profits at the expense of working class America. One of their first principles was and remains "divide and conquer". By dividing the nation along religious (abortion) and ethnic (us and them) lines, they were able to inject a sort of sports mentality into politics, an area that for two hundred years had been about America and not about religion or origins.

Reagan's handlers kept him busy shadow boxing a so-called "evil empire" still farming with horses in some areas, while they increased government workers' pay, pensions and total head count specifically for the purpose of creating an entrenched and authoritative bourgeoisie to help in keeping the rabble in their place. Clinton literally exported jobs to foreign nations and deregulated essential commodities (anyone ever hear of Marc Rich?).

Both parties are responsible for the deluge of low-expectation foreigners undermining US citizens in the blue collar labor pool, not to mention costs of doing business in multiple languages inside our own nation. There are no heroes in this one.

Last edited:
sorry to hear it NTP,

I still cant believe they voted to not fund the relief.

they jsut keep sinking lower even when you think there is no lower for them to sink

Thanks for your honesty.

That is the exact attitude that drove me away from the GOP. Im NOT anti-government. Its like if you play for the Kansas City Chiefs, and they are struggling, and saying you are anti-Chiefs. No. We have things to fix, but Im not anti-government, it is still OUR government, I want it to work and work well.

In other words, you left the GOP because you're a left-winger. You never belonged in the GOP - that is, if you were ever in the GOP.

Government never works well. It's inherently dysfunctional. Anyone who thinks it can be made to run-well is a delusional leftist. right wingers understand that getting government involved in any problem will only make things worse.

You said "Ideas that work dont change". Well guess what? Slavery "worked". It made the South incredibly profitable. But it HAD to change. Just like the GOP must change.

That has to be the lamest argument I've ever seen. Slavery never "worked."

Neither party's leadership gives a damn about US citizens in blue collar America. The last Democratic party president to care was Carter. The only Republican president who ever did anything for working class America was IKE.

Otis Chandler handed Reagan off to Wall Street to see if they could sell that bobble-headed clown to halfwit America. Ever since they succeeded (basically in 1976), both parties have taken increasing amounts of cash - and policy guidance - from corporations seeking to increase profits at the expense of working class America.

Reagan increased government workers' pay, pensions and total head count specifically for the purpose of creating an entrenched and authoritative bourgeoisie to help in keeping the rabble in their place. Clinton literally exported jobs to foreign nations and deregulated essential commodities (anyone ever hear of Marc Rich?).

Both parties are responsible for the deluge of low-expectation foreigners undermining US citizens in the blue collar labor pool, not to mention costs of doing business in multiple languages inside our own nation. There are no heroes in this one.

I have to agree with you. Clinton also signed off on the repeal of Glass-Steagal in 1999, thus giving Wall Street the ability to create the housing bubble, and subsequent mortgage crisis that has hobbled our economy.

Both parties are at fault. But the far right has simply lost its collective mind and deserves to have a transvaginal probe shoved up its collective ass.

Neither party's leadership gives a damn about US citizens in blue collar America. The last Democratic party president to care was Carter. The only Republican president who ever did anything for working class America was IKE.

Otis Chandler handed Reagan off to Wall Street to see if they could sell that bobble-headed clown to halfwit America. Ever since they succeeded (basically in 1976), both parties have taken increasing amounts of cash - and policy guidance - from corporations seeking to increase profits at the expense of working class America.

Reagan increased government workers' pay, pensions and total head count specifically for the purpose of creating an entrenched and authoritative bourgeoisie to help in keeping the rabble in their place. Clinton literally exported jobs to foreign nations and deregulated essential commodities (anyone ever hear of Marc Rich?).

I have to agree with you. Clinton also signed off on the repeal of Glass-Steagal in 1999, thus giving Wall Street the ability to create the housing bubble, and subsequent mortgage crisis that has hobbled our economy.

Both parties are at fault. But the far right has simply lost its collective mind and deserves to have a transvaginal probe shoved up its collective ass.

the GLBact Clinton signed was Never fully implimented.

the broker rules were held back for 8 years

SEC Votes for Final Rules Defining How Banks Can Be Securities Brokers
Eight Years After Passage of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, Key Provisions Will Now Be Implemented
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
2007-190
Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2007 - Ending eight years of stalled negotiations and impasse, the Commission today voted to adopt, jointly with the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (Board), new rules that will finally implement the bank broker provisions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999. The Board will consider these final rules at its Sept. 24, 2007 meeting. The Commission and the Board consulted with and sought the concurrence of the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, and Office of Thrift Supervision.

Sorry folks, had to delete some non-contributory posts.
Oddly enough, one of then was mine, once I noticed the forum.

Carry on.

Thanks for your honesty.

In other words, you left the GOP because you're a left-winger. You never belonged in the GOP - that is, if you were ever in the GOP.

Government never works well. It's inherently dysfunctional. Anyone who thinks it can be made to run-well is a delusional leftist. right wingers understand that getting government involved in any problem will only make things worse.

That has to be the lamest argument I've ever seen. Slavery never "worked."

Why do you hate the military so much then? Why would you right wingers send them into Iraq...twice...and Afghanistan, if you KNOW that anything the government gets into will only be made worse?

When I saw the title of the thread I thought the point was going to be how the GOP could have done a far better job of delivering a message of conservatism to those who have since shunned the party. If the party doesn't do that, the demographic wave against them isn't going to stop.

The "message of conservatism" does not work on those who have the intelligence to realize that economic policies that benefit rich people do not benefit them.

Forum List

Back