Republicans: You could have stopped the demographic shift that beat you.

When I saw the title of the thread I thought the point was going to be how the GOP could have done a far better job of delivering a message of conservatism to those who have since shunned the party. If the party doesn't do that, the demographic wave against them isn't going to stop.

The "message of conservatism" does not work on those who have the intelligence to realize that economic policies that benefit rich people do not benefit them.

"Message of conservatism"? What is that message?

When I saw the title of the thread I thought the point was going to be how the GOP could have done a far better job of delivering a message of conservatism to those who have since shunned the party.

But when you saw who the OP was, you should have known it was just more of his usual bitchy, whiny trolling.

There isn't really a lot to quibble about.

Clinton remains a ReagaNUT to the darkest abscesses of his soul. Clinton, like Reagan, is typical of the nouveaux and arriveste traditions; the sort of people who used to be found in government exclusively at state and local levels, self-centered preeners whose global view starts in the mirror. These people almost always define policy success as "people like me doing well".

Interestingly, both Reagan and Clinton could have made it as evangelists or used car salesmen. Reagan appealed to hard working white trash losing ground hourly to the meritocrat freakshow, while Clinton appealed to the meritocrat freakshow moving heaven and earth to get even for six thousand years of humiliation at the hands of physically dominant men and women. Both Reagan and Clinton understood the pathologies of their constituencies.

Corporations understood both of these gladhanding blabbermouthing arrivestes; Wall Street knew each could be rolled for a price. Reagan's price was military toys halfwits have enough going on to laugh at. Clinton wanted the money.

Probably the most incredible president in US history is Junebug Bush. A congenital fool whose own family were resigned to conning their friends into supporting him, Karl Rove picked him as the right inheritor at the right time for the neocon (fatassed rear echelon chickenhawk warrior) element, and the neocons sold Junebug to Wall Street. The most disastrous presidency in US history was just two stolen elections away.

And the boy still thinks he done good. No wonder Laura is on drugs.

Americans are living the results of the corporatization of US government. For people like me who earned it the hard way, honest - if early, it is hilarious. For the other 95% it is a mixture of fear and horror regardless of side.

Maybe one day idiot shit like abortion (nutters) and cultural silos (freakshow) can be set aside and a "politics of America" that is a matter of degrees instead of full frontal antipathy can be restored. Until then, both parties can kiss my ass.

Last edited:
The GOP's problem is that the new generation LIKES the idea of a community working together, rather than each individual simply being 'on his own' to grab as much wealth as possible and fuck the rest.
Absolutely. The shift in demographics is toward minorities, working women, and urban dwellers. The conservative objectives just don't play well with these groups. They see corporate greed and a rotten political system as the problem not big government. They are far more concerned with civil rights than states rights.

We should support Eugenics like Progressives, right Bucs90?

No, not at all. You and your party should wake the fuck up and get with the times, and stop all this anti-government bullshit. Maybe you would've retained a lot of FORMER right wing voters, like myself.

But, just for example, I keep checking in to see what ideas the GOP has in 2013 about jobs, domestic programs, police and fire depts that are suffering budget crisis, crumbling roads and schools, etc, etc, etc.

And all I hear about is some Muslim attack on an embassy in Northern Africa.

And I am reminded why Im no longer a Republican, and why so many more are going to realize the same eventually.

We want to be just like modern Democrats (Neo-Marxists) because their ideas are so fucking awesome and work oh so well!

Nobody, not even the dumbest fuck on here, believes you were ever a Republican

Forum List

Back