Research showed that CCW permit holder information may have reduced burglaries.....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
A research paper looked at burglary rates after a Tennessee newspaper revealed the names of concealed carry permit holders.....which is another reason we need to get rid of permits....

In December 2008, a Memphis, TN newspaper published a searchable online database of names, zip codes, and ages of Tennessee handgun carry permit holders. We use detailed crime and handgun carry permit data for the city of Memphis to estimate the impact of publicity about the database on burglaries. We find that burglaries increased in zip codes with fewer gun permits, and decreased in those with more gun permits, after the database was publicized.

Of course. Criminals don't like to prey on people they know will fight back.

Every gun law supports criminals.

A research paper looked at burglary rates after a Tennessee newspaper revealed the names of concealed carry permit holders.....which is another reason we need to get rid of permits....

In December 2008, a Memphis, TN newspaper published a searchable online database of names, zip codes, and ages of Tennessee handgun carry permit holders. We use detailed crime and handgun carry permit data for the city of Memphis to estimate the impact of publicity about the database on burglaries. We find that burglaries increased in zip codes with fewer gun permits, and decreased in those with more gun permits, after the database was publicized.

I don't care if it becomes knowledge I have a permit here in Tennessee. I am not required to conceal (though I do) when I carry, and that is often and every time I am off the property at night, loaded, locked and chambered. It is already known in my neighborhood. Not a big deal.

Yeah...the average burglar pours over CCH data long before he breaks into a house. Good lord....

Forum List

Back