Researchers results imply that higher intelligence is correlated with left wing beliefs.

You just don't like the conclusions drawn.

It's OK, nobody expected you to.

No, I challenged the conclusions.

You just throw up a smoke screen when challenged.

You might think through your "articles" before you post them, if you don't want to have to answer why they look so sloppy and lack key pieces of information.

It's O.K. I get it. You really are not interested in truth.

You feel the need to look like you belong on Kamala Harris' re-election team.

"Our results," the paper's authors wrote, "imply that being genetically predisposed to be smarter causes left-wing beliefs."
Duh, obviously.

BTW, all studies show the intellectual inferiority of MAGA types.

No, I challenged the conclusions.

You just throw up a smoke screen when challenged.

You might think through your "articles" before you post them, if you don't want to have to answer why they look so sloppy and lack key pieces of information.

It's O.K. I get it. You really are not interested in truth.

You feel the need to look like you belong on Kamala Harris' re-election team.
I didn't draw the conclusions, I just posted them. If you have a problem with them feel free to post contrasting information. I'm not going digging for information for you. You can do it yourself.

Depends really who's talking.

That's hard these days. Confirmational bias runs deep, especially given todays environment.

Knowlege about some things is very important (i.e. the relationship between sun and skin cancer).

While some knowledge isn't all that important to some. Especially when it comes to the soft issues.

I don't like Trump. But I voted for him.

People call him a criminal and claim that is a fact. But he's never been convicted of anything.

People call Biden senile. I don't know how they make that determination (and I really really don't like that guy).

What is "knowledge" in those cases ?

I didn't draw the conclusions, I just posted them.

Yes, by posting them, you own them.

But now you are hiding behind them.

You are a coward.

If you have a problem with them feel free to post contrasting information.

I don't need to counter, I am simply asking for clarrification by pointing out a glaring discrepancy. Maybe there is a good explanation. It's not in the article.

I'm not going digging for information for you.

Yes, you've proven time and time again that information isn't your long suite.

Well, you're deliberately voting for a candidate you know to be bad. Please stop.

I said, I didn't like him. You are the one calling him bad.

If he moved in next to me, I'd sell my house.

As a candidate, I don't find him that appealing. But I find him less unappealing than others.

I said, I didn't like him. You are the one calling him bad.
Ahh. Ok. If you're just going to split hairs, I can't care what you have to say

But the utter depravity of lesser-of-two-evils voting is killing our country. It's insane, it's wrong, and those doing are traitors.

Ahh. Ok. If you're just going to split hairs, I can't care what you have to say

Split hairs. I really like Bernie Sanders (he keeps key issues out in front. I would never vote for him or his crazy policies. Is that splitting hairs ?

But the utter depravity of lesser-of-two-evils voting is killing our country. It's insane, it's wrong, and those doing are traitors.

By all means, explain what it is you think should be done there. It's easy to sit in judgement of others....why not tell us how we get out of that.

It's been that way since 2000. I don't like it either. But I am certainly not going to "not vote".

That's hard these days. Confirmational bias runs deep, especially given todays environment.

Knowlege about some things is very important (i.e. the relationship between sun and skin cancer).

While some knowledge isn't all that important to some. Especially when it comes to the soft issues.

I don't like Trump. But I voted for him.

People call him a criminal and claim that is a fact. But he's never been convicted of anything.

People call Biden senile. I don't know how they make that determination (and I really really don't like that guy).

What is "knowledge" in those cases ?

It's hard when they have the whole internet at their disposal and they can't be bothered to check things out.

They just accept what someone tells them because it fits conveniently within their ignorant view of the world.

You voted for Trump, because he hasn't been convicted of anything.

So you'd have voted for Stalin then? Hitler was only arrested for high treason and locked up, and still people voted for him.

Doesn't really matter if Biden is senile or not. He's clearly not running the presidency. Does it matter?

Really it should make people question what the presidency is, but I doubt many will ever reach that level of thinking. Why do we vote for one person for the presidency? Maybe to have a unified body. But really it takes many people to make a presidency work.

The Swiss presidency has seven members.

It's hard when they have the whole internet at their disposal and they can't be bothered to check things out.

Agreed. But then again, I think there is more evidence coming out that people don't want to check things out. They want what confirms what they believe.

They just accept what someone tells them because it fits conveniently within their ignorant view of the world.

Nailed it.

You voted for Trump, because he hasn't been convicted of anything.

I don't recall specifically saying that.

I voted for Trump in 2016 for one reason and it was justified in three words (Gorsuch, Kavennaugh, Bennett).

So you'd have voted for Stalin then? Hitler was only arrested for high treason and locked up, and still people voted for him.

An extreme argument. But again, I didn't say I voted for him for not being convicted.
Doesn't really matter if Biden is senile or not. He's clearly not running the presidency. Does it matter?

It does, but I don't think he is. I've never liked the guy. And we overstate the presidents position in our lives anyway. I spend a lot of time talking to people about local is more important than federal.

Really it should make people question what the presidency is, but I doubt many will ever reach that level of thinking. Why do we vote for one person for the presidency? Maybe to have a unified body. But really it takes many people to make a presidency work.

In many ways he is a figurehead. He's got lots of people doing work for him so he can make pronouncements he knows nothing about. Pete B. is a great example of an official doing that. People like MGT don't even try to look sane.

The Swiss presidency has seven members.

Did not know that. I will look at it more. Thanks for sharing.

"bad" as measured by.....????
You. If you genuinely believe Trump is a good candidate (even if you don't "like" him?), then I have misjudged the situation, and you are not indulging the "lesser-of-two-evils" conceit. You're just wrong. ;)

But many, if not most, voters these days realize Trump and Biden are both shit. And they're going to vote for them anyway. That's a political disaster. An utter failure of democracy.
And if all there are "bad" you are suggesting withdrawing from voting ?
It's imperative that we do exactly that.

Let's say there was only one candidate, a bad candidate, on the ballot. Would you vote for them, or not?

Last edited:
You. If you genuinely believe Trump is a good candidate (even if you don't "like" him?), then I have misjudged the situation, and you are not indulging the "lesser-of-two-evils" conceit. You're just wrong. ;)

But many, if not most, voters these days realize Trump and Biden are both shit. And they're going to vote for them anyway. That's a political disaster.

It's imperative that we do exactly that.

Let's say there was only one candidate, a bad candidate, on the ballot. Would you vote for them, or not?

I am asking what you mean by "bad". You called him "bad". Jus what makes him "bad" ? I am asking. Is it his policies. His narcissism ? His personal behavior ? What makes him bad ?

Maybe you can tell me the last "good" candidate we had for president and why they were "good ?

Let's say your logic is awful.

If there is one candidate on the ballot, then the question is moot. Of course I am not voting for them. At the same time, I'd be looking for a write-in.

If there are two "bad" candidates, we didn't just get there. And that is what I ask now. Who is coming up that is worth thinking about. But I am not giving the U.S.A. (and certainly not the SCOTUS) to Joe Biden.

If there are two candidates and both are "bad" (whatever that means), I am voting for the one I think will hurt us the least. I am (as I am now) asking who is next and how do we stay away from getting to this same spot 4 years from now.

Agreed. But then again, I think there is more evidence coming out that people don't want to check things out. They want what confirms what they believe.

Nailed it.

I don't recall specifically saying that.

I voted for Trump in 2016 for one reason and it was justified in three words (Gorsuch, Kavennaugh, Bennett).

An extreme argument. But again, I didn't say I voted for him for not being convicted.

It does, but I don't think he is. I've never liked the guy. And we overstate the presidents position in our lives anyway. I spend a lot of time talking to people about local is more important than federal.

In many ways he is a figurehead. He's got lots of people doing work for him so he can make pronouncements he knows nothing about. Pete B. is a great example of an official doing that. People like MGT don't even try to look sane.

Did not know that. I will look at it more. Thanks for sharing.

The thing with voting for Trump for certain reasons, ie, getting the Supreme Court to become right wing, is dangerous in itself.

Why? Well, at some point Trump won't be a part of US politics, either because he gives up or because he dies.

What's going to happen after this? I half joke that the next in like is Kanye West. All these people who are attention seekers can see the Republican Party as the place to get that attention. It's easy money as long as you have no scruples. It's easy politics, you don't need to understand anything other than how to manipulate people, and some people are born with those skills.

You get a Supreme Court that is skewed massively away from what the people actually want, it can't end well. The US is becoming more and more polarized in a different way than before. Obviously the North/South divide was bad, and things have changed a lot so the "South" now includes a lot of the Mid West", but the divide is changing, the right is becoming more right and the left more left.

It reminds me a little of Spain as well, a country that can't function properly because of this lack of a center.

You did imply that because Trump hadn't been convicted of crimes, he's not a criminal, therefore he's a legitimate person to vote for.

Yes, I used an extreme argument with Stalin. But I also pointed out that it doesn't actually matter. If Trump were convicted, most people who would vote for him, would still vote for him, like they voted for Hitler.

It's not about Stalin and Hitler, it's about the people, and what people would do.

How important is the president?

I agree that usually the president isn't very important. Obama was like the captain of a ship. Usually they get you to your destination without hitting an iceberg. Being "good" doesn't change much, being "bad" can have consequences.

Dubya gave the US major consequences. Both positive and negative. He destroyed OPEC's power and he got the US pumping out oil much more. He saved the US lots of money.

On the other hand his disaster in Iraq is costing the US loads of money, especially paying for veterans.

Trump, on the other hand is having much more of an impact, even now as a presidential candidate. He's changing what is acceptable. He's making nonsense "the truth". He's leading people to a place that, with another leader, can be disastrous.

Imagine what a guy like Xi would do with the powers that Trump has gained for the presidency and politics in general.

I am asking what you mean by "bad". You called him "bad". Jus what makes him "bad" ? I am asking. Is it his policies. His narcissism ? His personal behavior ? What makes him bad ?
That's not the point. I'm not debating whether Trump is bad. I'm debating the illogic of voting for a bad candidate on purpose. Lots of voters are doing this and it isn't serving us well.
Maybe you can tell me the last "good" candidate we had for president and why they were "good ?
Again, that's up to you. I'm arguing against the principle of lesser-of-two-evils. It's poison.
Let's say your logic is awful.

If there is one candidate on the ballot, then the question is moot. Of course I am not voting for them. At the same time, I'd be looking for a write-in.
Exactly! All I'm saying is that it's no different when there are two bad candidates on the ballot. Not voting for either is better than endorsing a bad candidate.
If there are two candidates and both are "bad" (whatever that means), I am voting for the one I think will hurt us the least. I am (as I am now) asking who is next and how do we stay away from getting to this same spot 4 years from now.
So we're guaranteed to get one who will hurt us.

This is insane. And it's all based on presumptions about what other people will do. We need to stop voting "strategically" and start voting honestly, before it's too late.

Forum List

Back