Resistance in the White House: Holding the Line Against Trump's Base Instincts

I think Trump means well and he hasn't been given a fair shot from the left, with that said I think he needs to tone it down a little, reduce his Twitter time and ignore some of the BS being thrown at him. Most people see it for what it is, BS
For the first time in my life all the spoiled brats are being dragged to their rooms by the ear kicking and screaming.

Does anyone find it strange Woodward's book and suddenly the anonymous source comes out within days of each other?

What a coinky dink ;)
But you mr good Christian will always beleive a pussy grabber.

I'm supposed to take someone serious when they call a lass, Mr?

I never quoted Trump or anything he said, I stated my own observation. See unlike you I'm not a demoquack sheeple that needs talking points handed to me by a corrupt MSM

You're a stupid person, Issa and should never be taken serious
Thousands of people came out against the orange....but you are too invested in ducking his balls. And I swear if jesus came out denouncing him you'll buck the orange bully.

Who besides wetbacks, weirdos, lowlifes, pole puffers, Feminazis and Ragheads “came out” against Trump?
Those who feel they are horrible people tend to put other people down to make themselves feel better.
Because you feel you are horrible does not mean you are a horrible person. In your case, though, you are a horrible person.

Why do we even need this? It's obvious Trump is an idiot. Only Trump's bigots think he is fine. Your brain on racism is dumb

We have an unelected secret group of people conspiring in the WH. No accountability for any of them. That seems like a greater danger to Democracy than Trump.

The Comey, Strozk, Page conspiracy doesn't seem so outlandish after reading this piece.

People have to really think about this. These administration figures writing editorials and being quoted in Woodward's book are Trump's own appointees. They know him best. They know he is an unqualified and unmitigated disaster as both a president and a human being. These folks are the last bastion between total chaos and some semblance of the rule of law.

The White House is a house of horrors. Those working there now will one day write their books and the true scope of Trump's insanity will be known. We haven't even scratched the surface yet.

anyone within Trump's orbit that sees Trump as unfit for office has a patriotic duty to notify Congress of said concerns.

The nation is bigger than ANY one president, no matter whom that president may be.

Patriotism is to the nation; NOT to any goddamn president.
Define "unfit for office".

Section 4 of the 25th Amendment:

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

I just don't see Mike Pence declaring the hellbound horse to which he hitched his evangelical wagon as "unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office".

We won't hear a squeaky fart out of anyone in Trump's orbit concerning Trump's inability to perform his duties.

Everyone within Trump's orbit is patriotic to Trump; to Hell with being patriotic to the nation.

Trump has 'performed his duties' light years ahead of Obama....Where were you then?

NO; actually, NO

anyone within Trump's orbit that sees Trump as unfit for office has a patriotic duty to notify Congress of said concerns.

The nation is bigger than ANY one president, no matter whom that president may be.

Patriotism is to the nation; NOT to any goddamn president.
Define "unfit for office".

Section 4 of the 25th Amendment:

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

I just don't see Mike Pence declaring the hellbound horse to which he hitched his evangelical wagon as "unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office".

We won't hear a squeaky fart out of anyone in Trump's orbit concerning Trump's inability to perform his duties.

Everyone within Trump's orbit is patriotic to Trump; to Hell with being patriotic to the nation.

Trump has 'performed his duties' light years ahead of Obama....Where were you then?

NO; actually, NO

Trump was light years ahead months ago. Moving further ahead every day.

I will give Obama credit though. Lynch and Holder would never have recused themselves like Sessions did. Mueller would be long gone by now

Ooooo...Trump has his own 'Deep Throat'...sort of.

I say it is Mulvaney or Mattis.

Why is the white house such a shit show? All accounts are pretty much the same thing. Leaks all over the place. Every position a revolving door. What a joke.

Yet the “anonymous OP-ED” and yourself can’t identify exactly how he is a “danger to the world”.
Just because the author did not identify it (and thus likely identify him or herself), doesn't mean he or she can't. And Woodward's book is more specific about this.

In an New York Times Op-Ed a high-level insider in the Trump White House explains the danger Trump poses to our republic and the attempts of a few patriots to keep Trump's baser instincts in check:

From the Op-Ed:

To be clear, ours is not the popular “resistance” of the left. We want the administration to succeed and think that many of its policies have already made America safer and more prosperous.

But we believe our first duty is to this country, and the president continues to act in a manner that is detrimental to the health of our republic.

That is why many Trump appointees have vowed to do what we can to preserve our democratic institutions while thwarting Mr. Trump’s more misguided impulses until he is out of office......

To be clear, ours is not the popular “resistance” of the left. We want the administration to succeed and think that many of its policies have already made America safer and more prosperous.

But we believe our first duty is to this country, and the president continues to act in a manner that is detrimental to the health of our republic.

That is why many Trump appointees have vowed to do what we can to preserve our democratic institutions while thwarting Mr. Trump’s more misguided impulses until he is out of office.

From the White House to executive branch departments and agencies, senior officials will privately admit their daily disbelief at the commander in chief’s comments and actions. Most are working to insulate their operations from his whims.......

There is a quiet resistance within the administration of people choosing to put country first. But the real difference will be made by everyday citizens rising above politics, reaching across the aisle and resolving to shed the labels in favor of a single one: Americans.

Opinion | I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration

Thank heaven there are still patriots who put country before loyalty to the Orange menace.

God Speed to them.

They're fascists who hate America and the people to the core and are ready for bloodshed. That is who these libs are.

In an New York Times Op-Ed a high-level insider in the Trump White House explains the danger Trump poses to our republic and the attempts of a few patriots to keep Trump's baser instincts in check:

From the Op-Ed:

That is why many Trump appointees have vowed to do what we can to preserve our democratic institutions while thwarting Mr. Trump’s more misguided impulses until he is out of office......

That is why many Trump appointees have vowed to do what we can to preserve our democratic institutions while thwarting Mr. Trump’s more misguided impulses until he is out of office.

From the White House to executive branch departments and agencies, senior officials will privately admit their daily disbelief at the commander in chief’s comments and actions. Most are working to insulate their operations from his whims.......

There is a quiet resistance within the administration of people choosing to put country first. But the real difference will be made by everyday citizens rising above politics, reaching across the aisle and resolving to shed the labels in favor of a single one: Americans.

Opinion | I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration

Thank heaven there are still patriots who put country before loyalty to the Orange menace.

God Speed to them.

In case, for some reason, the link is taken down...here is the Op-Ed:

'Opinion
I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration
I work for the president but like-minded colleagues and I have vowed to thwart parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations.

Sept. 5, 2018

Leer en español
The Times today is taking the rare step of publishing an anonymous Op-Ed essay. We have done so at the request of the author, a senior official in the Trump administration whose identity is known to us and whose job would be jeopardized by its disclosure. We believe publishing this essay anonymously is the only way to deliver an important perspective to our readers. We invite you to submit a question about the essay or our vetting process here.

President Trump is facing a test to his presidency unlike any faced by a modern American leader.

It’s not just that the special counsel looms large. Or that the country is bitterly divided over Mr. Trump’s leadership. Or even that his party might well lose the House to an opposition hellbent on his downfall.

The dilemma — which he does not fully grasp — is that many of the senior officials in his own administration are working diligently from within to frustrate parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations.

The root of the problem is the president’s amorality. Anyone who works with him knows he is not moored to any discernible first principles that guide his decision making.

to expel so many of Mr. Putin’s spies as punishment for the poisoning of a former Russian spy in Britain. He complained for weeks about senior staff members letting him get boxed into further confrontation with Russia, and he expressed frustration that the United States continued to impose sanctions on the country for its malign behavior. But his national security team knew better — such actions had to be taken, to hold Moscow accountable.

This isn’t the work of the so-called deep state. It’s the work of the steady state.

Given the instability many witnessed, there were early whispers within the cabinet of invoking the 25th Amendment, which would start a complex process for removing the president. But no one wanted to precipitate a constitutional crisis. So we will do what we can to steer the administration in the right direction until — one way or another — it’s over.

The bigger concern is not what Mr. Trump has done to the presidency but rather what we as a nation have allowed him to do to us. We have sunk low with him and allowed our discourse to be stripped of civility.

farewell letter. All Americans should heed his words and break free of the tribalism trap, with the high aim of uniting through our shared values and love of this great nation.

We may no longer have Senator McCain. But we will always have his example — a lodestar for restoring honor to public life and our national dialogue. Mr. Trump may fear such honorable men, but we should revere them.

There is a quiet resistance within the administration of people choosing to put country first. But the real difference will be made by everyday citizens rising above politics, reaching across the aisle and resolving to shed the labels in favor of a single one: Americans.'

If this is true...it is SO encouraging to know that at last a few people in the Trump White House are mentally balanced individuals.

Trump must be FREAKING OUT over this.

He is SO obsessed with loyalty....this must be eating him up.

I LOVE IT!!!

Forum List

Back