RESTAURANT GRANTED PERMISSION TO SELL DOG MEAT

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
A Los Angeles restaurant has been granted permission to consume and sell dog meat. A Filipino group successfully argued that the banning of the consumption of dog meat violated their religious rights.

Puchow de Manila Eatery and Fine Dining has been granted provisional permission to sell and consume dog meat, while the Supreme Court decides if their case has merit. The restaurant is allowed to slaughter up to 3 dogs per day, with the stipulation that they must be put down humanely. The World Animal Protection agency called the decision “shocking,” and vowed to fight tooth and nail to ensure this act is not allowed to continue.

In the Philippines today, there is an abundance of dog meat sold in restaurants and markets. The meat is as sold for as little as $1.30/kg. The trading and selling of dog-meat brings in nearly 3.8 million U.S. dollars per year, and nearly 500,000 dogs are killed for meat every year.

Eleven regions around the globe still consume dog meat. Those being: China, Indonesia, Korea, Mexico, Philippines, Polynesia, Taiwan, Vietnam, the Arctic, Antarctic, and Switzerland.

Puchow de Manila Eatery and Fine Dining says the dishes will range from American styled cuisine such as Chihuahua Chops to Korean-inspired dishes such as Boshintang (dog soup).

american-restaurant-dog-meat.jpg

--------------------------------------------

Great news, isn't it folks? Liberals, and multiculturalism folks. Liberals, are pathetic.

Just pathetic.

A Los Angeles restaurant has been granted permission to consume and sell dog meat. A Filipino group successfully argued that the banning of the consumption of dog meat violated their religious rights.

Puchow de Manila Eatery and Fine Dining has been granted provisional permission to sell and consume dog meat, while the Supreme Court decides if their case has merit. The restaurant is allowed to slaughter up to 3 dogs per day, with the stipulation that they must be put down humanely. The World Animal Protection agency called the decision “shocking,” and vowed to fight tooth and nail to ensure this act is not allowed to continue.

In the Philippines today, there is an abundance of dog meat sold in restaurants and markets. The meat is as sold for as little as $1.30/kg. The trading and selling of dog-meat brings in nearly 3.8 million U.S. dollars per year, and nearly 500,000 dogs are killed for meat every year.

Eleven regions around the globe still consume dog meat. Those being: China, Indonesia, Korea, Mexico, Philippines, Polynesia, Taiwan, Vietnam, the Arctic, Antarctic, and Switzerland.

Puchow de Manila Eatery and Fine Dining says the dishes will range from American styled cuisine such as Chihuahua Chops to Korean-inspired dishes such as Boshintang (dog soup).

Great news, isn't it folks? Liberals, and multiculturalism folks. Liberals, are pathetic.

Just pathetic.

^ Conservative war on religion

You Can Still Eat This Corgi In Pennsylvania, Thanks To The NRA

by Ian Millhiser Posted on October 27, 2014 at 9:06 am Updated: October 27, 2014 at 10:16 am

17,774Share This 1,145Tweet This

"You Can Still Eat This Corgi In Pennsylvania, Thanks To The NRA"

Share:

CREDIT: Shutterstock

Earlier this month, a lopsided majority of the Pennsylvania Senate passed a bill that, among other things, would have subjected anyone who “reeds, keeps, sells, offers for sale or transfers a dog or cat for the purpose of human consumption” to up to seven years in prison. This proposed ban was inspired by a series of investigations by the Pennsylvania SPCA which uncovered kennels where dogs were bred for meat, including one ten year-old incident in Philadelphia where a single kennel kept 150 dogs.

It is currently legal to slaughter and eat dogs or cats in Pennsylvania, and, thanks in large part to lobbying from the National Rifle Association, it will remain so. Although the animal cruelty bill passed the state senate by a 36-12 margin — and even though Gov. Tom Corbett (R) was expected to sign it — legislative leaders in the state house did not include this bill in the final list of legislation that would receive a vote before the end of the house’s 2013-2014 session. The NRA swiftly claimed victory for killing what it viewed as a “misguided” bill.

The NRA’s primary objection to the animal cruelty bill was a separate provision banning what are known as “pigeon shoots” (although it is worth nothing that the NRA assembled a coalition of groups to oppose the bill that includes dog breeders opposed to additional regulation of kennels). According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, pigeon shoots are “a practice where live pigeons are launched from electronic boxes while shooters fire rounds at short distance. Injured birds that land in the shooting circle get their necks broken – often by teenagers. Wounded birds by the hundreds fly off to die slow deaths.” Animal rights activists have been working to ban this practice for the last 27 years.

Liberals, all of them, are losers.

Don't blame liberals.

There are still a few RWs who support the Constitution of the United States.

Face facts. You don't get to choose who gets constitutional protection for their frikken religious practices.

Whats the problem? If you dont like dog meat don't eat it. How about some veal instead?

factory-farming-slaughtered-newborn-male-calf.jpg

^^^

He's right.

The only difference is cultural.

Personally, I wouldn't put dead animal parts in my mouth but if you eat dead cows, dead chickens, dead pigs and other dead animals, you have no business getting all high and mighty about eating dead dogs.

Last edited:
The 8 or 9 times I been to Korea I never saw any strays. Saw a few dogs sliced down the middle in the open air markets. You'll never get served it accidentally as it's more expensive than beef (bulgogi). I've had Horse and Whale in Japan.

You wanna' eat a dog? Go right ahead!

Just remember: An Irish Setter makes two meals! My Sisters' Vietnamese friend said that a while back.

In a world plagued with meat shortages and an overwhelming overabundance of stray dogs then why not? It's protein going to waste.

It's like fetuses with Democrats......why, oh why, are they allowing the waste to continue?

There's no meat shortage in the US.

They should refuse to sell dog meat for a gay wedding on moral ground. Then they can be hailed for their righteous defense of religious liberties. lol

Let the fee market decide. If the public finds their business practices distasteful then they will take their business elsewhere.

OP tenders his usual appeal to emotion fallacy -- then wants to blame Filipino cultural practices on "liberals"... :cuckoo::

If you're down with eating the flesh of cow, pig, fowl and fish .... why do you draw a line at dog?

What about horse? I had horsemeat when I lived in France. I don't recommend it but it's out there.

Just pathetic.
I have no problem with it.

Not like we don't have to put down millions of unwanted dogs each year.

Some of the things we eat offend others.

Hell, I have a son, joy of my life, who eats rattlesnakes and choupique.

I wouldn't eat a pigeon for anything, in NYC they call it squab and charge $100 for a few forkfuls.

Most of the fish sold in restaurants, no matter what they call it, is black drum, a bottom feeding carrion eater.

I'm for letting people eat what they want.

OP tenders his usual appeal to emotion fallacy -- then wants to blame Filipino cultural practices on "liberals"... :cuckoo::

If you're down with eating the flesh of cow, pig, fowl and fish .... why do you draw a line at dog?

Because fucking animals eat dog.

Whats the problem? If you dont like dog meat don't eat it. How about some veal instead?

factory-farming-slaughtered-newborn-male-calf.jpg

^^^

He's right.

The only difference is cultural.

Personally, I wouldn't eat either one but if you eat dead cows, dead chickens, dead pigs and other dead animals, you have no business getting all high and mighty about eating dead dogs.
Best post of the thread so far.

Forum List

Back