Restaurant posts "GUNS ARE WELCOME" signs......business is BOOMING!!!

Liberals want the right to bare arms to mean that people are allowed to wear sleeveless shirts.

:cuckoo:

right_to_bare_arms_tank_top_t_shirt_sleeveless_tee-ra227051343074b0ab4a31aa5c8c34f48_8naxu_512.jpg

Restaurant Owner: ?Guns Are Welcome? Signs Have Helped Boost Business « CBS Charlotte

Hmmmm.....another kick to the nut sacks of the gun grabbers, and aren't we seeing it on almost a daily basis?

Im still laughing as I post this thread up!!!:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

This comes on the heels of a recent Gallup poll showing that 3 out of every 4 Americans are AGAINST any kind of gun ban!!! Last time it was that high???

Ready for this............

:funnyface::D1959:D:funnyface:

Carrying firearms into places where they serve alcohol seems like a really smart idea.......what could go wrong?

I live near Tombstone, AZ. They have had some unpleasant experiences with that. They now have signs on all the bar doors barring guns from the premise's. That even includes the ones filled with blanks that the street actors use for their street theater shootouts.

Ok, you don't feel it is necessary. But if someone else does, that is frightening?

I don't open carry. If someone else does, it's no skin off my nose.

Do you simply assume someone who open carries is doing it to intimidate you?

Is it possible that they are open carrying in an attempt to protect themselves, you and others?

Bad guys who see a gun are FAR less likely to commit a crime anywhere in the vicinity of the person wearing it.

I don't understand why you need this explained to you over and over again. Are you that obtuse? I repeat. If I see someone carrying a gun around who is not wearing a badge, I will assume that he is a nut case that is about to go off the handle at any moment. I am not going to wait around to find out if he is just an out of work character actor in a B movie, or somebody who always wanted to be Clint Eastwood, but just didn't make the grade. I am going to avoid this person, rather than assume that he is a guardian angel looking to save me from John Dillinger.

Twice in my life, I have been a near witness to mass random shootings. Once, while in a traffic jam it Atlanta, I watched a scrummy looking guy run out of a bar, followed soon after bu cop cars responding to the scene. I saw on the news that night that he had been thrown out of the bar, and had returned and shot and killed 5 men. Then, a second time, when I was buying a house in Dallas, my realtor did not show up for our appointment on Saturday morning. I found out that she had been sitting at a bar at happy hour on Friday night and a Mideast foreign guy had been rebuffed by on of the ladies sitting with her. he went to his car, got his gun, and shot 6 women in the head, killing them all.

In my book, you are carrying a gun because you are a lawman, or a nut. if I am wrong about that, I will worry about that on another day. I'm not going to hang out with you and test that theory.

So you disagree that a patron in the bar in Atlanta, or in the bar in Houston, could have saved lives by being armed?

Yes. In the first and second instant, the killings took place in seconds, before anyone knew what was happening. In the second instance, if was Friday night happy hour, and there were more people in the bar than there were chairs. If more than one person started shooting, it would have been a bloodbath of innocent bystanders.

You have a false perception of the motivation of gun safety advocates.
You aren't an advocate of gun safety - you're an advocate of further restricting the rights of the law abiding by increasing the limitations on the exercise of the right to arms that will do nothing to prevent further gun violence; to this end, you present arguments based on emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

That makes you an anti-gun loon.
What would you do to keep criminals from getting guns?
It is impossible to enact a law that will prevent people from breaking the law, and so to enact laws that restrict the law abiding in an attempt to do is to enact a folly; as these laws are based on folly, they needlessly infringe on the rights of the law abiding.

The law against felons, etc, buying/possessing firearms exists not to prevent them from doing do, but to punish them when they do.

Should criminals be permitted to employ strawman buyers?
This is already illegal.
The law against straw purchases of firearms exists not to prevent people from making such purchases, but to punish them when they do.

Should anyone be able to buy as many guns as possible during a single transaction?
Anyone who is legally able to own a gun? Absolutely, No sound reason for any limitation in this regard.

What is the imposition, the inconvenience, the trouble with a five day waiting period?
A right delayed is right denied.
-Martin Luther King Jr

And so, you continue to prove that you aren't in the last interested in gun safety, only the fallacious, unnecessary and ineffective limitation on the exercise of right to arms by the law abiding.

Last edited:
Yeah, those only happen in your "gun free" zones. Must suck to be so catastrophically wrong as you ALL of the time...

That would be utter bullshit.

>> With its overtones of fear and heroism, the argument makes for slick sound bites. But here's the problem: Both its underlying assumptions are contradicted by data. Not only is there zero evidence to support them, our in-depth investigation of America's mass shootings indicates they are just plain wrong.

Among the 62 mass shootings over the last 30 years that we studied, not a single case includes evidence that the killer chose to target a place because it banned guns. To the contrary, in many of the cases there was clearly another motive for the choice of location. <<​
Many of the mass shootings are essentially suicide missions. How many of these crazies packing heat take themselves out or are felled by a police bullet.

They go to kill without regard. They themselves are expendable in this pursuit. "gun Free" zone or not, the mass shooter keeps one in the magazine for himself.
And yet, you think you can enact a law that will prevent these people from doing these things.
:lol::cuckoo:

I do own guns. Six of them. But, I do not feel it necessary to wear them to the 7/11 to buy a Slurpee, while trying to look like John Wayne.

Ok, you don't feel it is necessary. But if someone else does, that is frightening?

Is it possible that they are open carrying in an attempt to protect themselves, you and others?

Bad guys who see a gun are FAR less likely to commit a crime anywhere in the vicinity of the person wearing it.

I don't understand why you need this explained to you over and over again. Are you that obtuse? I repeat. If I see someone carrying a gun around who is not wearing a badge, I will assume that he is a nut case that is about to go off the handle at any moment
Its good that you can admit to your irrational fear.
The next steps should be easier for you.

In the world of the gun grabber assholes, there are no bad guys.......this is the makey-uppey reality they live in. They want everybody to talk their way out of a home invasion, "Just let the people have your belongings!!". Really.

More than anything......the gun grabber assholes just cant get past this obsession of trying to control anything and everything in their environment. For these people, they wake up every morning of their lives seeking solutions to every single problem in life......they are obsessed with it. Its the way their minds work. For example, somebody in the ENVIRONMENT forum posted a thread seriously advocating for us building 1,000 foot high walls over the country to stop tornado's.:eek:. Its a thought processing fuck up thing with these people......cannot weigh necessary tradeoff stuff in their minds ( see Gun Free Zones). Indeed.......when one cant think on the margin ( most people can and do ) THIS is the shit you end up with >>>

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNb34vPqrN0#at=257"]Debating A Gun Control Fanatic - YouTube[/ame]

Not an intelligence thing ^^^ but the thought processing of these gun grabbers is not fluid.
You have a false perception of the motivation of gun safety advocates. We just don't see the cost benefit relationship of putting more guns on the streets while gun violence is the problem. We understand that the gun lovers have had marvelous experiences with guns. All those targets shot, all that testosterone used, all those fantasies of being Dirty Harry in some faux cinematic scene where you and you alone can not only shoot, but kill and then be lauded as the great hero. Heady stuff for someone with no regard to public safety other than those fantasies played out on a small patch of real estate.

But some of us have had tragic experiences with guns. As it turns out, guns CAN and DO kill people and quite often in this crazy gun culture of contemporary America. You can dismiss us as fear laden, squirmy chicken little types. But that only serves to give you cover as you ignore the plague of gun violence.

It's not an "intelligence thing"., It's an experience thing.

Where I live we have about 5 times as many guns per capita than where you live.

Yet gun crime is all but nonexistent.

Believe me when I tell you that the "gun culture" isn't your problem.

It's the intercity culture that is the root of your gun violence.

The gun violence is merely a symptom.

You should invest you time curing the disease.

Last edited:

I don't understand why you need this explained to you over and over again. Are you that obtuse? I repeat. If I see someone carrying a gun around who is not wearing a badge, I will assume that he is a nut case that is about to go off the handle at any moment

Irrational fear, Shooter? Have you every had someone point a gun at your face and tell you that you are about to die?

I have, Shooter, so go fuck yourself.

Last edited:
Irrational fear,
Yes.
You see someone with a gun that, for no valid reason, you don't think should have a gun and you immediately assume he's going to commit a crime.
That's an irrational fear.

Irrational fear,
Yes.
You see someone with a gun that, for no valid reason, you don't think should have a gun and you immediately assume he's going to commit a crime.

That's the second time in a row that you have cherry picked from my quote, and cut off the part that I typed that you preferred not to address.

You have never walked in my shoes, Shooter. Don't assume that you know anything about me.

Over and out.

You have a false perception of the motivation of gun safety advocates.
You aren't an advocate of gun safety - you're an advocate of further restricting the rights of the law abiding by increasing the limitations on the exercise of the right to arms that will do nothing to prevent further gun violence; to this end, you present arguments based on emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

That makes you an anti-gun loon.
What would you do to keep criminals from getting guns? Or is the gun only a problem once it has been used to take a life or would someone during a crime? Should criminals be permitted to employ strawman buyers? Should anyone be able to buy as many guns as possible during a single transaction? What is the imposition, the inconvenience, the trouble with a five day waiting period?

How about enforce the laws already on the books?

Will the police provide 24/7 protection for a person forced to wait 5 days? How does a 5 day waiting period prevent a person who has planned a mass murder from carrying out their plan? Is it somehow better that they do it 5 days later?

How many crimes are caused by people using multiple guns they bought at once?

Its not the inconvenience, its the underlying goal of eventually banning personal ownership of firearms that we all know is your goal. All of your bullshit proposals do nothing to stop criminals or determined first timers from getting firearms and using them illegally.

You have a false perception of the motivation of gun safety advocates. We just don't see the cost benefit relationship of putting more guns on the streets while gun violence is the problem. We understand that the gun lovers have had marvelous experiences with guns. All those targets shot, all that testosterone used, all those fantasies of being Dirty Harry in some faux cinematic scene where you and you alone can not only shoot, but kill and then be lauded as the great hero. Heady stuff for someone with no regard to public safety other than those fantasies played out on a small patch of real estate.

But some of us have had tragic experiences with guns. As it turns out, guns CAN and DO kill people and quite often in this crazy gun culture of contemporary America. You can dismiss us as fear laden, squirmy chicken little types. But that only serves to give you cover as you ignore the plague of gun violence.

It's not an "intelligence thing"., It's an experience thing.

No, we have a pretty good perception of their motivation. The fact that you have to go into the standard hyperbole of "gun lovers" and all the other emotional bullshit shows your motivation AND its basis.

Considering all your new ideas and concepts only target law abiding people, and do NOTHING to stop criminals from getting guns shows your true motive. A disarmed citizenry, and control of all means of protection in the hands of the State and criminals only.
How do you propose to keep criminals from getting guns? By making guns easier to buy? Or by presenting a gun on your hip for any criminal to take?

Nice dodge of the question, dingleberry.

I don't understand why you need this explained to you over and over again. Are you that obtuse? I repeat. If I see someone carrying a gun around who is not wearing a badge, I will assume that he is a nut case that is about to go off the handle at any moment. I am not going to wait around to find out if he is just an out of work character actor in a B movie, or somebody who always wanted to be Clint Eastwood, but just didn't make the grade. I am going to avoid this person, rather than assume that he is a guardian angel looking to save me from John Dillinger.

Twice in my life, I have been a near witness to mass random shootings. Once, while in a traffic jam it Atlanta, I watched a scrummy looking guy run out of a bar, followed soon after bu cop cars responding to the scene. I saw on the news that night that he had been thrown out of the bar, and had returned and shot and killed 5 men. Then, a second time, when I was buying a house in Dallas, my realtor did not show up for our appointment on Saturday morning. I found out that she had been sitting at a bar at happy hour on Friday night and a Mideast foreign guy had been rebuffed by on of the ladies sitting with her. he went to his car, got his gun, and shot 6 women in the head, killing them all.

In my book, you are carrying a gun because you are a lawman, or a nut. if I am wrong about that, I will worry about that on another day. I'm not going to hang out with you and test that theory.

So you disagree that a patron in the bar in Atlanta, or in the bar in Houston, could have saved lives by being armed?

Yes. In the first and second instant, the killings took place in seconds, before anyone knew what was happening. In the second instance, if was Friday night happy hour, and there were more people in the bar than there were chairs. If more than one person started shooting, it would have been a bloodbath of innocent bystanders.

It was already a bloodbath of innocent bystanders. In the time it took for the first one to shoot 5 people, surely one armed patron could have gotten a shot at him. Could he have prevented all the killings? Likely not. But surely it would be better to have had 3 killed (including the perpetrator) than 5 innocents murdered.

And the second instance, a man coming in with a shotgun would raise an alarm. When he fired the first time, he should have been shot dead. Maybe he could get off a second shot, but killing 6 women at close range would likely mean 6 shots fired. One other armed patron firing a shot would likely have him running away.

I choose not to have my life depend on the generosity of criminals.

Irrational fear,
Yes.
That's the second time in a row that you have cherry picked from my quote, and cut off the part that I typed that you preferred not to address.
That's because it doesn't matter to me why you have your irrational fear -- your argument is based in emotion and is therefore unsound.

Your action, to immediately assume that someone carrying a gun w/o a badge is a nut case that is about to go off the handle at any moment, based in your fear, is irrational.

You may not like that characterization, but that's on you.

Irrational fear,
Yes.

You have never walked in my shoes, Shooter. Don't assume that you know anything about me.

Over and out.

And yet, you seem to have no problem with gun owners being labeled as Dirty Harry wannabes.

Irrational fear, Shooter? Have you every had someone point a gun at your face and tell you that you are about to die?

I have, Shooter, so go fuck yourself.
Yes.
That's because it doesn't matter to me why you have your irrational fear -- your argument is based in emotion and is therefore unsound.

Your action, to immediately assume that someone carrying a gun w/o a badge is a nut case that is about to go off the handle at any moment, based in your fear, is irrational.

It's not "irrationality" when it's either (a) going on all around you or (b) happened to you personally. Or as here, both.

If you walk out the door and see dark clouds and hear thunder, is it "irrational" to expect rain? If you knock a glass over and watch it fall, it is "irrational" to expect it will break?

Sorry but your obsession with one-upmanship by dropping the "argument based on emotion" bullshit brings you to stretches worthy of a yoga class. That you edited out the background is a dead giveaway. That's an irrational fear of being confronted by it.

Last edited:
:eek:

Well...well..well.. guys. It seems to me that you really do not want to open your eyes ! Do you feel safe in place where every 2nd person has a gun? I have a lot of doubts.. I do not want every crazy human being to carry guns. 40 people were killed, 250 were wounded in July up to date. And these figures are only for Chicago...

Attachments

• $6a00d8341bfae553ef0134850dc8f7970c-800wi.png
    $6a00d8341bfae553ef0134850dc8f7970c-800wi.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 64
:eek:
Well...well..well.. guys. It seems to me that you really do not want to open your eyes !
Open my eyes to what?

Do you feel safe in place where every 2nd person has a gun?
Perfectly.

I do not want every crazy human being to carry guns. 40 people were killed, 250 were wounded in July up to date. And these figures are only for Chicago...
Uh-huh.... and how strict are the gun laws in Chicago?

It's not "irrationality" when it's either (a) going on all around you or (b) happened to you personally. Or as here, both.
It is irrational to assume that an unusual, brutal personal experience is the norm; her assumption with regard to people carrying a gun is no more or less rational than a rape victim assuming that every man she sees will rape her.

In fact, most people would agree that any such rape victim is in dire need of therapy.

Last edited:
Gee, Wally. I wonder if the neighborhood around the restaurant has a low crime rate?

Forum List

Back