Restaurants are adding labor surcharges to help offset minimum wage increases

The part you can't see is that people come here barely speaking the language and do well. some very well. If you can't get a decent bite of the carrot it's not the carrot's fault. It means you lived life as a victim in a land of opportunity.

Bullshit. Of course it's not the carrot's fault; it's the fault of the asshole dangling the carrot just out of reach.

The only people the carrot is out of reach for are those physically or mentally disabled, and we take care of those people. Everybody else? It's up to you if you want that carrot or a bushel of carrots.
I would have more confidence in the sincerity of the right, if corporate welfare did not exist in modern times. why not end that, first?

Why would I want to end people keeping more of their very own money? DumBama had two years with a Democrat led Congress to do whatever he desired. Why didn't he end it?
every bailout for the rich, inspires less confidence in the sincerity of the right

Bailouts and corporate welfare are two different things. Bailouts are granted or loaned money to an industry while so-called welfare is nothing more than tax breaks.

Nobody gets rewarded just for having a good work ethic. Workers get rewarded for doing jobs that not everybody can do. If you do have a job anybody can do (work ethic or not) there is not much of a reward to be had.

The thing is businesses don't do anything different than you or I. When we use labor, we look for the cheapest labor we can.
Which is stupid. Unhappy workers are shytty workers- no wonder we have so many...Check Costco.

It's not the job of an employer to make you happy. It's the job of an employer to produce products or services for a profit.

Nobody is forced to work for minimum wage. If you need more money, don't cry for government to get you more, do it yourself.
then, stop making people on welfare work for under less than fifteen dollars an hour.

I'm not making anybody do anything. Individuals make that choice for themselves.
work for welfare. only the right wing, never gets it.

You don't think that's been tried before? It has and doesn't work.

The only people the carrot is out of reach for are those physically or mentally disabled, and we take care of those people. Everybody else? It's up to you if you want that carrot or a bushel of carrots.
I would have more confidence in the sincerity of the right, if corporate welfare did not exist in modern times. why not end that, first?

Why would I want to end people keeping more of their very own money? DumBama had two years with a Democrat led Congress to do whatever he desired. Why didn't he end it?
The hell he did, dupe, he had 24 days in session without the GOP filibustering everything, dupe. And btw, the middle of a corrupt GOP world meltdown is NOT THE TIME TO RAISE TAXES. Idiot.

Yeah, and DumBama did it anyway.
Did WHAT anyway? You need a nap. All he did was cut payroll taxes.

No, he conned the Republicans into increasing corporate tax rates, capital gains tax rates, and personal income tax rates for those making over 450K a year.

We've been through this before Franko, and I provided links so your uninformed ass could learn something. Apparently like most liberals, you didn't learn a thing.

The part you can't see is that people come here barely speaking the language and do well. some very well. If you can't get a decent bite of the carrot it's not the carrot's fault. It means you lived life as a victim in a land of opportunity.

Bullshit. Of course it's not the carrot's fault; it's the fault of the asshole dangling the carrot just out of reach.

The hell he did, dupe, he had 24 days in session without the GOP filibustering everything, dupe. And btw, the middle of a corrupt GOP world meltdown is NOT THE TIME TO RAISE TAXES. Idiot.

Excuses! Excuses! Obama had a chance to repeal the Bush tax cuts, he didn't! He had a chance to go after the crooks that helped cause the debacle in 2008, he did nothing. You are your ilk are so stupid that you can't see what others see, your party is screwing you over and you thank them for doing it! Lol! Go back and read the links I provided instead of ignoring that I ever posted them. Imbecile!

What special kind of stupid thinks they don't employ every trick in the book to pay the least amount of taxes possible?
Why are those tricks in the book? Oh yes because poor people are the problem. Lol. It's never the rich. You can't fault who you worship.

It isn't the rich, Congress can say no to the rich, they choose to say yes. Again, both parties are to blame, yet you can't seem to blame the Democrats, because then you would have to take responsibility.
Maybe because they've been trying to raise taxes on the rich for 30 years, dupe. Keep voting for bought off lying cheating brainwashers.

Already gave several links showing that Democrats are just as giving to the rich as the Republicans. Why they heck are you being duped by Congress, Democrats and Republicans? I didn't vote for a Republican or Democrat incumbent, you are the problem because you support a party that sold you out in the 90's and to prove how stupid you are, you will continue to vote for them. Congrats!

People like Franko are brainwashed by their puppet masters. Through brainwashing, they have managed to convince them that Republicans are in bed with the rich, racist, homophobes, and most of all, uneducated.

As they saying goes, if you repeat a lie often enough, eventually people will believe it.

The dupe is such a tool for his masters, "the Democratic Party." Hell he drinks the sewer water they provide him and they have him convinced it's kool-aid. The poor ignorant stooge.

every bailout for the rich, inspires less confidence in the sincerity of the right

You mean the bailout the left helped carry through? You are a no thinker, you are a propagandist with no honesty.

If the paycheck isn't enough to feed you and shelter you, it's not much of a reward. Again, people act like you can just hop to a better job if you're not satisfied with your current pay. Wages are stagnant. It's a fact.

If you have nothing more to add to the profit margin and productivity of a company, why do you deserve more pay?

Go to night school, take a part time job, work overtime, take courses online, get off your duff and quit acting like a victim.

First%20part%20time%20job_zpszrpzn9tl.jpg

If the paycheck isn't enough to feed you and shelter you, it's not much of a reward. Again, people act like you can just hop to a better job if you're not satisfied with your current pay. Wages are stagnant. It's a fact.

If you have nothing more to add to the profit margin and productivity of a company, why do you deserve more pay?

Go to night school, take a part time job, work overtime, take courses online, get off your duff and quit acting like a victim.

First%20part%20time%20job_zpszrpzn9tl.jpg

If an employee had nothing to add to the profit margin, why are they hired in the first place?

Who is acting like a victim? Low-wage employees are asserting how much their time, effort, and skills are worth. That's advocating for themselves, not being victims.

Remember the massive layoffs and sinking economy the last time minimum wage was increased?

Yeah, me neither.

As you know, the last increase in the Federal minimum wage was July 2009. Since then we have never had a single year of growth above 3%. We have the lowest worker participation rate than we have in decades. We have more people than ever on welfare and now disability than in history. The average worker income has been stagnant for ten years. The Fed interest rate has been at or very near ZERO for a decade in a desperate effort to keep the economy afloat.

Your effort is cute but is really getting boring.

What special kind of stupid thinks they don't employ every trick in the book to pay the least amount of taxes possible?

There are no "tricks". They, just like you and I use every legal means possible to pay as little in taxes as possible. What is wrong with following the law?

Who is acting like a victim? Low-wage employees are asserting how much their time, effort, and skills are worth. That's advocating for themselves, not being victims.

You're making them a victim. YOU are saying the just because you would feel good, they should be paid more than their worth to a business. That is treating them as a victim.

When I was paid the minimum wage, my first "real" job, as a bagboy in a large grocery store, I was jubilant that I had been hired and that I was going to do the best possible work so I would keep the job.

Obama%20Minimum%20Wage_zpsvosa0byg.jpg

Not to worry, cellblock, you can always find work in your career as fast food server.

The fact of the matter remains that the customer will pay more in order to help the fast food server earn more.
/---- I'm retired, a published author with ever increasing royalty payments, rental property owner, Continuing Education instructor, work part time for the Board of Elections and a short term option trader. I have no plans on working at a fast food restaurant unless I open one up. I won't because I'd have to hire bone head millenniums with useless college majors like Woman Studies and try to motivate them to show up and put in a days work. No thank you.
yeah..Gotta love this.
Goes back to that stupid failure Occupy Wall Street thing.
all those self proclaimed college grads who stated they could not find work. Also when presented with opportunities said "we don't work there"..
Most of these professional slackers had these useless non marketable humanities degrees.
Imagine that. Spending $200,000 of the taxpayers money getting a degree in Philosophy or Womens' Studies....What business is going to give this person's resume more than a cursory look before it gets filed under "no freakin way"...?

Not to worry, cellblock, you can always find work in your career as fast food server.

The fact of the matter remains that the customer will pay more in order to help the fast food server earn more.
/---- I'm retired, a published author with ever increasing royalty payments, rental property owner, Continuing Education instructor, work part time for the Board of Elections and a short term option trader. I have no plans on working at a fast food restaurant unless I open one up. I won't because I'd have to hire bone head millenniums with useless college majors like Woman Studies and try to motivate them to show up and put in a days work. No thank you.
If you are retired, why are you still working?
Worthless degrees, like the one Mark Zuckerberg never got? You couldn't run a restaurant, it takes people with an open mind..Those people with worthless degrees are still humans...Even Though you think less of them..I bet there was a time you were young and dumb also...
My brother is retired from his career in law enforcement. He is a business owner as well. He works every day.
The issue is not worthiness. It is their arrogance.. These people feel entitled to a high paying job with no marketable skills. They think they should be hired because they waive around their degree certificate. Doesn't work that way.
Open mind? Define that...
I was in F&B management. Still don't know what an open mind is.
Stop making excuses.

BUT BUT BUT Libtards laughed when Republicans said higher minimum wages will drive up food costs.

Restaurant diners are footing the bill for rising minimum wages.

In lieu of steep menu price increases, many independent and regional chain restaurants in states including Arizona, California, Colorado and New York are adding surcharges of 3% to 4% to help offset rising labor costs. Industry analysts expect the practice to become widespread as more cities and states increase minimum wages.

More on this...

Wendy's installing self-ordering kiosks in 1,000 restaurants
US retail sales rise in January, led by gas and restaurants
What does 'A Day Without a Woman' mean for restaurants?
“It’s the emerging new norm,” said Sharokina Shams, spokeswoman for the California Restaurant Association. She said California restaurants are adding surcharges as the state lifts the minimum wage every year until it reaches $15 an hour by 2023. It is currently at $10.50 an hour for employers with 26 or more workers.

So? If you can afford to overpay for a bagful of crap now, you can certainly afford to pay an extra quarter for the same bag of crap.
Specious argument.

If you are retired, why are you still working?
/---- Retired from full time work. Retired doesn't mean you sit around all day doing nothing. I'm now doing things I never had time to do when putting in 50 hours a week.Sorry I forgot you went to public school. In the future I'll dumb things down for you.
What does public school have to do with your inability to decipher what is retired and what is semi-retired with a bitch boi attitude?
Oh shut up. Lots of people retire form their career only to find something else to do that they enjoy and it allows them to generate income....

BUT BUT BUT Libtards laughed when Republicans said higher minimum wages will drive up food costs.

Restaurant diners are footing the bill for rising minimum wages.

In lieu of steep menu price increases, many independent and regional chain restaurants in states including Arizona, California, Colorado and New York are adding surcharges of 3% to 4% to help offset rising labor costs. Industry analysts expect the practice to become widespread as more cities and states increase minimum wages.

More on this...

Wendy's installing self-ordering kiosks in 1,000 restaurants
US retail sales rise in January, led by gas and restaurants
What does 'A Day Without a Woman' mean for restaurants?
“It’s the emerging new norm,” said Sharokina Shams, spokeswoman for the California Restaurant Association. She said California restaurants are adding surcharges as the state lifts the minimum wage every year until it reaches $15 an hour by 2023. It is currently at $10.50 an hour for employers with 26 or more workers.
Big deal cheap ass. You can't afford $3 more for your dinner?
Hardly the point.
The states that mandate this are forcing their ideology down the throats of business owners, something you know nothing about, nor care to, for the sole purpose of building a political base.
And then you get pissed off when businesses react to protect their already thin margins.
Tell ya what. Open a business. Then pay your employees non competitive wages. Let us know how that works out for you.
Until you have walked the walk, you have no right to criticize.

Forum List

Back