Revenues are down down dow

I'm doing much better under Trump than I ever did under Obama.
That's what I look at, what affects me.
Carry on
U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time
Looks like the government ought do some serious spending cuts, huh?
Looks like the right wing can't budget.
And, the dems never could either, what's your point?
the left doesn't resort to fantasy, like the right wing does with, tax cut economics.

June revenue numbers are out and it ain't looking pretty for our fiscal situation.

Free lunch tax-cut theorists need to pay attention here.

Compared to same period in FY2017:

Oct 18 + $14B
Nov 18 + $8B
Dec 18 + $7B
Jan 18 + $17B

<<<<<TAX-CUTS PHASED IN
Feb 18 - $16B
March 18 - $6B
May 18 - $23B
June 18 - $32B

So without counting April when 2017 taxes were settled, instead of 11 billion average monthly revenue growth there is 19 billion shortfall.

Total effect is 30 billion monthly revenue reduction trend so far since tax-cuts went into effect. :smoke:

Monthly Treasury Statement

What tax cut?

He cut taxes and then raised tariffs.

That's like drying your hair with a hair dryer and then sticking it outside in the rain immediately afterwards.

tariff revenues are a tiny fraction

Tiny? That is not how the markets reacted to them.

I think the main issue is the massive debt that neither party will ever address.

You say that as if "the markets" are very rational.

Carry on

It OUGHT to raise taxes and cut spending while economy permits. And it would too if we didn't have a tax-cut cult highjacking the Republican party.
Spend cuts? Really? When pigs fly. Don't blame the republicans, blame politicians, take your pick on party affiliation.
Nobody is ever going to cut spending, and you know it, it's an addiction of those in power

Carry on
the left doesn't resort to fantasy, like the right wing does with, tax cut economics.
So your just as broke with either party, right? You just like democrats when they take it
and you don't like republicans when they take it. Got it

Carry on

It OUGHT to raise taxes and cut spending while economy permits. And it would too if we didn't have a tax-cut cult highjacking the Republican party.
Spend cuts? Really? When pigs fly. Don't blame the republicans, blame politicians, take your pick on party affiliation.
Nobody is ever going to cut spending, and you know it, it's an addiction of those in power

Yes spending cuts, Clinton did it, Obama did it with sequestration and had Grand Bargain on the table for years.

There is NOTHING on the left like tax-cut cult on the right. There are no mass denial on the left that bills need to be paid and no propositions that spending does not increase debt.

June revenue numbers are out and it ain't looking pretty for our fiscal situation.

Oct 18 + $14B
Nov 18 + $8B
Dec 18 + $7B
Jan 18 + $17B

<<<<<TAX-CUTS PHASED IN
Feb 18 - $16B
March 18 - $6B
May 18 - $23B
June 18 - $32B

So without counting April when 2017 taxes were settled, instead of 11 billion average monthly revenue growth there is 19 billion shortfall.

Total effect is 30 billion monthly revenue reduction trend so far since tax-cuts went into effect. :smoke:

What tax cut?

That's like drying your hair with a hair dryer and then sticking it outside in the rain immediately afterwards.

I think the main issue is the massive debt that neither party will ever address.

Oct 18 + $14B
Nov 18 + $8B
Dec 18 + $7B
Jan 18 + $17B

<<<<<TAX-CUTS PHASED IN
Feb 18 - $16B
March 18 - $6B
May 18 - $23B
June 18 - $32B

Funny how a 9% rise in the treasury receipts is a loss...... Right now were offsetting all of those tax cuts....

In what fucking universe does an average of 30 billion monthly revenue loss counts as "9% rise"??

Are you on drugs?
The only people I would expect to hate tax cuts are those hooked on government welfare or works for the government

Or people that understand that we, as a nation, need a way to PAY OUR BILLS.
I wish you were as passionate as this under the last president.

Oct 18 + $14B
Nov 18 + $8B
Dec 18 + $7B
Jan 18 + $17B

<<<<<TAX-CUTS PHASED IN
Feb 18 - $16B
March 18 - $6B
May 18 - $23B
June 18 - $32B

What tax cut?

Oct 18 + $14B
Nov 18 + $8B
Dec 18 + $7B
Jan 18 + $17B

<<<<<TAX-CUTS PHASED IN
Feb 18 - $16B
March 18 - $6B
May 18 - $23B
June 18 - $32B

Funny how a 9% rise in the treasury receipts is a loss...... Right now were offsetting all of those tax cuts....

In what fucking universe does an average of 30 billion monthly revenue loss counts as "9% rise"??

Are you on drugs?
The only people I would expect to hate tax cuts are those hooked on government welfare or works for the government

...passionate about contracting economy during Great Recession and 10% unemployment??? Umm no, top priority was getting economy going AND WE HAVE, so at soem point it's time to pay some bills.

Come 2012 I was against extending tax-cuts...Obama was in office as I recall.

Last edited:
Carry on

Yes spending cuts, Clinton did it, Obama did it with sequestration and had Grand Bargain on the table for years.

There is NOTHING on the left like tax-cut cult on the right. There are no mass denial on the left that bills need to be paid and no propositions that spending does not increase debt.
Obama did the sequestration? Could have sworn congress did that, I may be wrong, but....
What tax cut?

Are you on drugs?

...passionate about contracting economy during Great Recession and 10% unemployment???

Umm no, top priority was getting economy going AND WE HAVE, so it's time to do the fiscally responsible time to pay some bills. In 2012 I was PASSIONATE about not extending tax-cuts...Obama was in office as I recall.
Yeah, cash for clunkers and money to Solyndra did wonders with our tax dollars, huh?

Obama did the sequestration? Could have sworn congress did that, I may be wrong, but....

Are you on drugs?

...passionate about contracting economy during Great Recession and 10% unemployment???

Umm no, top priority was getting economy going AND WE HAVE, so it's time to do the fiscally responsible time to pay some bills. In 2012 I was PASSIONATE about not extending tax-cuts...Obama was in office as I recall.
Yeah, cash for clunkers and money to Solyndra did wonders with our tax dollars, huh?

You are wrong, Obama signed the deal into law.

Carry on

The republican congress under Clinton forced that issue.

Oh, so Solyndra and cash for clunkers was a success

No one "forced" Clinton. If he wanted to veto he would.

What tax cut?

Are you on drugs?

...passionate about contracting economy during Great Recession and 10% unemployment??? Umm no, top priority was getting economy going AND WE HAVE, so at soem point it's time to pay some bills.

Come 2012 I was against extending tax-cuts...Obama was in office as I recall.
What got our economy going was the Fed Reserve infusing trillions of dollars into our economy during the entire Obama years.

No one "forced" Clinton. If he wanted to veto he would.
Clinton wasn't an idiot. He had other problems

You are a two-bit bullshit peddler if thats how you elect to represent all fo what ARRA did.

And here is what you don't get - even "BAD" spending is expansionary in near term (it just leaves more to pay off down the line). For example Solyndra built a huge facility - that doesn't happen without material and labor purchases.

Last edited:
So your just as broke with either party, right? You just like democrats when they take it
lol. nobody takes the right wing seriously about economics.

the left is for a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage; because, higher paid labor pays more in taxes and creates more in demand.

You are a two-bit bullshit peddler if thats how you elect to represent all fo what ARRA did.
Even Obama admitted that ARRA didn't really create shovel ready jobs.
Truth be known he paid back businesses that invested in him during the campaign, just like Solyndra.
Who's trying to BS who?

the left is for a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage; because, higher paid labor pays more in taxes and creates more in demand.
Seattle found out what happens when you implement the 15.00 hour MW. lol

Even Obama admitted that ARRA didn't really create shovel ready jobs.
Truth be known he paid back businesses that invested in him during the campaign, just like Solyndra.
Who's trying to BS who?

:rolleyes: Dumbass, Obama "admited" that ARRA created 2-3 million jobs in tough times (as per CBO)

ARRA%2Bimpact.jpg

Seattle found out what happens when you implement the 15.00 hour MW. lol
Their unemployment rate is lower than the national average.

Forum List

Back