Revisionist history focusing on 1/6 is getting louder.

We SAW it happen in real time jackass.

Over 1,000 people have been convicted.

There is no doubt about what happened
We did not see the FBI operatives inside the capital. We did not find out about them until much later. Of course, we still don’t know everything about them, since our employees at the FBI have told us it is none of our business.

We did not see the FBI operatives inside the capital. We did not find out about them until much later. Of course, we still don’t know everything about them, since our employees at the FBI have told us it is none of our business.
Sorry but your imagination and bogus claims mean nothing.

Tell us again how these FBI AGENTS were patriots and hostages

Do you people ever hear the things you say?

WASHINGTON — Four months after supporters of President Donald J. Trump stormed the Capitol in a deadly riot, a growing number of Republicans in Congress are mounting a wholesale effort to rewrite the history of what happened on Jan. 6, downplaying or outright denying the violence and deflecting efforts to investigate it.

Their denialism — which has intensified for weeks and was on vivid display this week at a pair of congressional hearings — is one reason that lawmakers have been unable to agree on forming an independent commission to scrutinize the assault on the Capitol. Republicans have insisted that any inquiry include an examination of violence by antifa, a loose collective of antifascist activists, and Black Lives Matter. It also reflects an embrace of misinformation that has become a hallmark of the Republican Party in the age of Mr. Trump.

“A denial of finding the truth is what we have to deal with,” Speaker Nancy Pelosi said on Wednesday. “We have to find the truth, and we are hoping to do so in the most bipartisan way possible.”

She drew a direct link between Republicans’ ouster of Representative Liz Cheney of Wyoming as their No. 3 leader — a move that stemmed from Ms. Cheney’s vocal repudiations of Mr. Trump’s election lies, which inspired the riot — and their refusal to acknowledge the reality of what happened on Jan. 6.

The roots of Repub "denialism" go way back to 2021.

WASHINGTON — Four months after supporters of President Donald J. Trump stormed the Capitol in a deadly riot, a growing number of Republicans in Congress are mounting a wholesale effort to rewrite the history of what happened on Jan. 6, downplaying or outright denying the violence and deflecting efforts to investigate it.

Their denialism — which has intensified for weeks and was on vivid display this week at a pair of congressional hearings — is one reason that lawmakers have been unable to agree on forming an independent commission to scrutinize the assault on the Capitol. Republicans have insisted that any inquiry include an examination of violence by antifa, a loose collective of antifascist activists, and Black Lives Matter. It also reflects an embrace of misinformation that has become a hallmark of the Republican Party in the age of Mr. Trump.

“A denial of finding the truth is what we have to deal with,” Speaker Nancy Pelosi said on Wednesday. “We have to find the truth, and we are hoping to do so in the most bipartisan way possible.”

She drew a direct link between Republicans’ ouster of Representative Liz Cheney of Wyoming as their No. 3 leader — a move that stemmed from Ms. Cheney’s vocal repudiations of Mr. Trump’s election lies, which inspired the riot — and their refusal to acknowledge the reality of what happened on Jan. 6.

The roots of Repub "denialism" go way back to 2021.
Copy-paste BULLSHIT!!!!!
The NYT is bird cage liner.
"Mr. Trump’s election lies."
GTFOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:rolleyes:

When I took a first look at the "Politics" board this morning I found these three subject lines near the top of the page.

Trump says Pelosi is responsible for January 6 debacle, J6 committee wouldn't question her​

Tucker Carlson’s Latest Bombshell About January 6 Might Make You Rethink Everything

With more information about January 6, why it happened is now obvious​

Obviously, it's not a coincidence that RWM is seeking to further their goal of muddying the waters when it comes to the events of Jan. 6. And with remarkable efficacy given the testimonial, documentary, and visual evidence in the public sphere. At least among the rubes, not that they needed more convincing. They were on board with the various Orwellian conspiracy theories quickly introduced to absolve the mob Trump assembled from culpability from the get go. Turning reality on its head as only propagandists like Tucker Carlson can.

Why now more than ever? My guess, first and foremost, is because of the rulings in CO and ME. You can't regard Trump as being an insurrectionist if Antifa, the FBI, the fictitious deep state, Ray Epps, Nancy Pelosi, George Soros, and the heartbreak of psoriasis (have I missed any?) are really the ones responsible for blocking Biden's certification.

Secondarily, to lay the groundwork for rejecting a guilty verdict on the charges being prosecuted by Jack Smith. This Jack Smith.

One would think, with all we know about 1/6, these comical attempts to deflect blame would receive the derision they so richly deserve. The same could be said for the endless stream of unproven allegations directed at Old Joe for all manner of wrongdoing. But, in very discouraging ways, they work. The lies work. If only to cast some degree of doubt by virtue of the sheer number and repetition of them. Which is why we can expect the pumping up of the volume will continue.

It is not revisionist history.
Everything that is being stated now was stated at the time.

Reality hasn't changed.
No matter how many infomercials they produce,
No matter how many Psych Opps they pull on people like you,

The truth never changed.

I gave you wiki

You gave us nothing but the bullshit you pulled outta your ass
I gave you facts, you gave wiki which, literally does come out of your ass.

The Legislative Branch of Government, you know, all those Senators and Representatives that write the laws. They are in charge of their own security. You may not realize this but they actually write the law, rules, and regulations that provide for their security.

Sorry, but that is in the constitution. Do you need a link to the Constitution?

Wikipedia is not some accurate, factual, legal document. It is maintained by a person who puts on that page, what they like. Sort of like these forums. Anybody at anytime can even go in a change the wikipedia page. It will get changed back if the user/editor dont like the change. But the fact remains, wiki is okay at best

In your case, and your use, you can not even quote wiki? Why is that, lazy you are, and that laziness means you will not actually spend your time looking up the laws, rules or regulations.

Wikipedia is not a source, it can be, but overall it is not.

You want operating procedures?

Find em and post em
They do operate under Standard Operating Procedures, nobody will find them, I am sure they are classified. At best you can quote laws.

Either way, the leadership of the Legislative Branch is responsible for the security of the Capitol.

They do operate under Standard Operating Procedures, nobody will find them, I am sure they are classified. At best you can quote laws.

Either way, the leadership of the Legislative Branch is responsible for the security of the Capitol.
And still no link

Save your bullshit for someone who cares

The Capitol building and grounds is always under the authority and security of the Legislative branch of government, that is CONGRESS.

Separation of powers, the President can not order the National Guard into the jurisdiction of legislative branch. That would be an insurrection.

Congress provides for the security of the Capitol building and the grounds surrounding. Not the Executive branch.

MagicMike, believes Trump should of sent the military into the capitol against congresses will and authority, now that is an insurrection!

Can you imagine if he had ordered them, what they would have turned that into? They would have said it was definitive proof that he intended to not transition power and remain in office. That's all they need, just read the little lemmings on here who infer what he means by what he says every day and call it 'fact' and 'truth'. Thank God he wasn't the one authorized to call them in, and it very squarely shows intent by Pelosi, she didn't want what she had planned to be stopped.

But, in very discouraging ways, they work. The lies work.
And, in a nutshell, there ya go.

As I always say, the world has seen this before. But it's worse now, because the lies and propaganda are being inserted into their minds 24/7/365 by the internet, talk radio, teevee, and even their telephones.

The goddamn scariest things I see are these "man on the street" interviews with them. They are just not connected. And they vote.

This is about far more than politics for them. It's a faith, a community, a lifestyle.

Democrats control DC. The assholes were inciting the Insurrection.

Democrats in all the big city shitholes told the police to stand down during the goddamn Negro and Communist Insurrection of 2020.

The National Guard, who is within sight of the Capitol building took until 6pm to arrive, and then they did photo ops with them to show what had to happen to stop an 'insurrection', even though the riot was long over by that point. It was all orchestrated and planned by Pelosi and others at her level.

Try this

Can you imagine if he had ordered them, what they would have turned that into? They would have said it was definitive proof that he intended to not transition power and remain in office. That's all they need, just read the little lemmings on here who infer what he means by what he says every day and call it 'fact' and 'truth'. Thank God he wasn't the one authorized to call them in, and it very squarely shows intent by Pelosi, she didn't want what she had planned to be stopped.
I never realized it until now, reading this thread, and replying.

You are right, if could of been Pelosi's plan, have Trump order the National Guard in and then scream Trump is using the military to stage an insurrection.

The Capitol building is the exclusive property of the Legislative Branch of Government. Trump has no power there.

I never realized it until now, reading this thread, and replying.

You are right, if could of been Pelosi's plan, have Trump order the National Guard in and then scream Trump is using the military to stage an insurrection.

The Capitol building is the exclusive property of the Legislative Branch of Government. Trump has no power there.
Keep working it. Maybe in a hundred years you’ll find something that makes sense. sheesh

Who is in charge, of the Legislative Branch, you are claiming it is the Capitol Police? That is beyond ignorant.

They apparently need to watch the Steven Sund interview, even then they'd say that the person in charge of security and the Capitol Police force on 1/6/21 doesn't know what he's talking about. They're that stupid. :dunno:

It is not revisionist history.
Everything that is being stated now was stated at the time.
I'll grant you that Repubs have been telling many of the same lies from early on. My point is they are becoming more intensified as the election and the trials get closer.

They apparently need to watch the Steven Sund interview, even then they'd say that the person in charge of security and the Capitol Police force on 1/6/21 doesn't know what he's talking about. They're that stupid. :dunno:
It's the power of denial. Aided by the alternate reality created for them by RWM.

And, in a nutshell, there ya go.

As I always say, the world has seen this before. But it's worse now, because the lies and propaganda are being inserted into their minds 24/7/365 by the internet, talk radio, teevee, and even their telephones.

The goddamn scariest things I see are these "man on the street" interviews with them. They are just not connected. And they vote.

This is about far more than politics for them. It's a faith, a community, a lifestyle.
And Trump has successfully been able to foment an "us against them" mentality. I saw an interview yesterday with an evangelical woman who said, in messianic fashion, Trump was taking flack so she (they) didn't have to. Comparing him in that way to jeeeeeezus.
I almost fell out of my chair. It's frightening to see the blank stare of a cultist.

Try this

You really are incompetent or is it low IQ. Where is your quote from the page?

This is where it gets fun for me, I get to rub your face in your own link and show how wrong you really are.

We been discussing who the Chief of the Capitol police reports to, you claim it is not the leadership of the Legislative Branch of Government.

Let me quote your link and pose a question. The Capitol Police Board is made up of four members, which includes the Capitol Police Chief, hence you have been arguing that the Capitol Police chief reports to himself, and no one else.

The Capitol Police Board, reports to somebody. It falls under a branch of government, which branch is that, Lesh?

The United States Capitol Police (USCP) is overseen by the Capitol Police Board and has Congressional oversight by appropriations and authorizing committees from the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate. This oversight affords the Department the support and opportunity to continually ensure that the USCP meets the safety and security needs of the Congress, the staff, and the many visitors who come to the United States Capitol each day.

Capitol Police Board

• William McFarland - U.S. House of Representatives Sergeant at Arms (Chair)
  • Karen H. Gibson - U.S. Senate Sergeant at Arms (Member)
  • Chere Rexroat - Acting Architect of the Capitol (Member)
  • J. Thomas Manger - Chief of Police (Ex-Officio Member)

Forum List

Back