Revisionist history focusing on 1/6 is getting louder.

You really are incompetent or is it low IQ. Where is your quote from the page?

This is where it gets fun for me, I get to rub your face in your own link and show how wrong you really are.

We been discussing who the Chief of the Capitol police reports to, you claim it is not the leadership of the Legislative Branch of Government.

Let me quote your link and pose a question. The Capitol Police Board is made up of four members, which includes the Capitol Police Chief, hence you have been arguing that the Capitol Police chief reports to himself, and no one else.

The Capitol Police Board, reports to somebody. It falls under a branch of government, which branch is that, Lesh?
In a statement provided to FactCheck.org, Jane L. Campbell, president and CEO of the U.S. Capitol Historical Society, said: “The Speaker of the House does not oversee security of the U.S. Capitol, the Capitol Police Board does, and the Speaker does not oversee the Board. The Board consists of three voting members: the Senate Sergeant at Arms, the House Sergeant at Arms, and the Architect of the Capitol; together with one non-voting member, the Chief of the Capitol Police.”

To put names to those titles, on Jan. 6, the Capitol Police chief was Steven Sund; the House sergeant at arms was Paul Irving; the Senate sergeant at arms was Michael Stenger; and the architect of the Capitol was Brett Blanton. Sund, Irving and Stenger all resigned in the wake of the riot.

So how does Pelosi fit into all of this?

“The Speaker is involved in the appointment of the House Sergeant at Arms, who must be confirmed by the House,” Campbell explained. “The Senate Sergeant at Arms is chosen by the Senate. The Speaker also sits on the commission that recommends an Architect of the Capitol to the U.S. President. However, it is the President who appoints the Architect, who must be confirmed by the Senate.”

During the Republican press conference on July 27, Rep. Rodney Davis noted that Irving, the House sergeant at arms, was “appointed by the speaker.” That’s true, but Irving initially came to the position in January 2012 after being nominated by then-House Speaker John Boehner, a Republican. Irving was unanimously approved by the House. He was retained by House votes five more times, including twice when Pelosi was speaker — on Jan. 3, 2019, and Jan. 3, 2021, three days before the riot.

Pelosi, of course, played no role in Stenger’s nomination or election as Senate sergeant at arms. Stenger was nominated by then-Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and approved by unanimous consent by the Senate on April 16, 2018.

Blanton, the architect of the Capitol, was appointed by then-President Donald Trump and was confirmed in the Republican-controlled Senate by voice vote on Dec. 19, 2019.

You really are incompetent or is it low IQ. Where is your quote from the page?

This is where it gets fun for me, I get to rub your face in your own link and show how wrong you really are.

We been discussing who the Chief of the Capitol police reports to, you claim it is not the leadership of the Legislative Branch of Government.

Let me quote your link and pose a question. The Capitol Police Board is made up of four members, which includes the Capitol Police Chief, hence you have been arguing that the Capitol Police chief reports to himself, and no one else.

The Capitol Police Board, reports to somebody. It falls under a branch of government, which branch is that, Lesh?
In the July 27 press conference, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy said, “There’s questions into the leadership within the structure of the speaker’s office where they denied the ability to bring the National Guard here.”

McCarthy also referred — without naming anyone — to “people out there who say there were phone calls to the speaker that offered the National Guard prior to that day and was turned down.”

But there is no evidence of that.

In a Feb. 1 letter to Pelosi, Sund, the former Capitol Police chief — who was hired by the Capitol Police Board in June 2019 — wrote that on Jan. 4, two days before the riot, he “approached the two Sergeants at Arms to request the assistance of the National Guard, as I had no authority to do so without an Emergency Declaration by the Capitol Police Board (CPB).”

(According to a 2017 Government Accountability Office report, the Capitol Police Board “has authority for security decisions, as well as certain human capital and personnel matters, including the approval of officer terminations.”)

Sund said Irving told him he was “concerned about the ‘optics’ and didn’t feel that the intelligence supported it. He referred me to the Senate Sergeant at Arms (who is currently the Chair of the CPB) to get his thoughts on the request. I then spoke to Mr. Stenger and again requested the National Guard. Instead of approving the use of the National Guard, however, Mr. Stenger suggested I ask them how quickly we could get support if needed and to ‘lean forward’ in case we had to request assistance on January 6.”

During Senate testimony on Feb. 23, Sen. Ted Cruz asked Irving and Stenger whether they had any conversation with “congressional leadership” about supplementing the law enforcement presence on Jan. 6 or bringing in the National Guard.

Irving said he had “no follow up conversations and it was not until the 6th that I alerted leadership [Pelosi’s office] that we might be making a request and that was the end of the discussion.”

Stenger said that “it was Jan. 6 that I mentioned it to leader McConnell’s staff.”

So there is no evidence that Pelosi was made aware of any request for National Guard assistance or played any role in the decision not to fulfill Sund’s request on Jan. 4 for National Guard help on Jan. 6. The decision beforehand not to provide National Guard assistance on the Capitol grounds appears to be one made by both Irving and Stenger (who, again, was appointed by McConnell).

And Trump has successfully been able to foment an "us against them" mentality. I saw an interview yesterday with an evangelical woman who said, in messianic fashion, Trump was taking flack so she (they) didn't have to. Comparing him in that way to jeeeeeezus.
I almost fell out of my chair. It's frightening to see the blank stare of a cultist.
Yup. That's what we're up against. That doesn't end overnight. It never has.

Yup. That's what we're up against. That doesn't end overnight. It never has.
One concern I have is what happens to all that misplaced anger when Trump is not there for them to offer salvation any longer? When he is no longer "their retribution" how does their desire for it manifest itself?

One concern I have is what happens to all that misplaced anger when Trump is not there for them to offer salvation any longer? When he is no longer "their retribution" how does their desire for it manifest itself?
Yeah, I wonder about that too. Either someone will come along to replace them, or they won't.

DeSantis tried and failed. MTG may be too nuts. Vivek might be annoying enough.

No way to know. I do know that when cults collapse, it ain't pretty.

Sorry but your imagination and bogus claims mean nothing.

Tell us again how these FBI AGENTS were patriots and hostages

Do you people ever hear the things you say?
Obviously, the FBI operatives are not the ones being held in the DC jail. Just ask Ray Epps.

In a statement provided to FactCheck.org, Jane L. Campbell, president and CEO of the U.S. Capitol Historical Society, said: “The Speaker of the House does not oversee security of the U.S. Capitol, the Capitol Police Board does, and the Speaker does not oversee the Board. The Board consists of three voting members: the Senate Sergeant at Arms, the House Sergeant at Arms, and the Architect of the Capitol; together with one non-voting member, the Chief of the Capitol Police.”

To put names to those titles, on Jan. 6, the Capitol Police chief was Steven Sund; the House sergeant at arms was Paul Irving; the Senate sergeant at arms was Michael Stenger; and the architect of the Capitol was Brett Blanton. Sund, Irving and Stenger all resigned in the wake of the riot.

So how does Pelosi fit into all of this?

“The Speaker is involved in the appointment of the House Sergeant at Arms, who must be confirmed by the House,” Campbell explained. “The Senate Sergeant at Arms is chosen by the Senate. The Speaker also sits on the commission that recommends an Architect of the Capitol to the U.S. President. However, it is the President who appoints the Architect, who must be confirmed by the Senate.”

During the Republican press conference on July 27, Rep. Rodney Davis noted that Irving, the House sergeant at arms, was “appointed by the speaker.” That’s true, but Irving initially came to the position in January 2012 after being nominated by then-House Speaker John Boehner, a Republican. Irving was unanimously approved by the House. He was retained by House votes five more times, including twice when Pelosi was speaker — on Jan. 3, 2019, and Jan. 3, 2021, three days before the riot.

Pelosi, of course, played no role in Stenger’s nomination or election as Senate sergeant at arms. Stenger was nominated by then-Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and approved by unanimous consent by the Senate on April 16, 2018.

Blanton, the architect of the Capitol, was appointed by then-President Donald Trump and was confirmed in the Republican-controlled Senate by voice vote on Dec. 19, 2019.
Chief of Police Sund, is also a member of the Capitol Police Board. Here we see the Capitol Police Chief asking for the National Guard before Jan. 6th, his request was denied by who? Not Trump

1704897850105.png

1704897511871.png

1704897607164.png

There you go, COP Sund asked for the National Guard and was denied, by who? Not Trump

Chief of Police Sund, is also a member of the Capitol Police Board. Here we see the Capitol Police Chief asking for the National Guard before Jan. 6th, his request was denied by who? Not Trump
Attempts to muddy the waters on this matter have only succeeded among Trump cultists.

In the July 27 press conference, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy said, “There’s questions into the leadership within the structure of the speaker’s office where they denied the ability to bring the National Guard here.”

McCarthy also referred — without naming anyone — to “people out there who say there were phone calls to the speaker that offered the National Guard prior to that day and was turned down.”

But there is no evidence of that.

In a Feb. 1 letter to Pelosi, Sund, the former Capitol Police chief — who was hired by the Capitol Police Board in June 2019 — wrote that on Jan. 4, two days before the riot, he “approached the two Sergeants at Arms to request the assistance of the National Guard, as I had no authority to do so without an Emergency Declaration by the Capitol Police Board (CPB).”

(According to a 2017 Government Accountability Office report, the Capitol Police Board “has authority for security decisions, as well as certain human capital and personnel matters, including the approval of officer terminations.”)

Sund said Irving told him he was “concerned about the ‘optics’ and didn’t feel that the intelligence supported it. He referred me to the Senate Sergeant at Arms (who is currently the Chair of the CPB) to get his thoughts on the request. I then spoke to Mr. Stenger and again requested the National Guard. Instead of approving the use of the National Guard, however, Mr. Stenger suggested I ask them how quickly we could get support if needed and to ‘lean forward’ in case we had to request assistance on January 6.”

During Senate testimony on Feb. 23, Sen. Ted Cruz asked Irving and Stenger whether they had any conversation with “congressional leadership” about supplementing the law enforcement presence on Jan. 6 or bringing in the National Guard.

Irving said he had “no follow up conversations and it was not until the 6th that I alerted leadership [Pelosi’s office] that we might be making a request and that was the end of the discussion.”

Stenger said that “it was Jan. 6 that I mentioned it to leader McConnell’s staff.”

So there is no evidence that Pelosi was made aware of any request for National Guard assistance or played any role in the decision not to fulfill Sund’s request on Jan. 4 for National Guard help on Jan. 6. The decision beforehand not to provide National Guard assistance on the Capitol grounds appears to be one made by both Irving and Stenger (who, again, was appointed by McConnell).
Amazon product ASIN B0BGJHNBSK
Buy it and read it.

Attempts to muddy the waters on this matter have only succeeded among Trump cultists.
This is directly from the capitol police, who work for and answer to the Democrats, Nancy Pelosi, the legislative branch.

It is literal proof, that the Legislative Branch of government refused the National Guard. I got another tidbit from the same document, this is when the Department of Defense offered the National Guard, which was declined.

Just stating facts, in the waters you have muddied
1704898410022.png

I'll grant you that Repubs have been telling many of the same lies from early on. My point is they are becoming more intensified as the election and the trials get closer.

Granting that they are not lies would be a good step in your recovery.

This is directly from the capitol police, who work for and answer to the Democrats, Nancy Pelosi, the legislative branch.

It is literal proof, that the Legislative Branch of government refused the National Guard. I got another tidbit from the same document, this is when the Department of Defense offered the National Guard, which was declined.

View attachment 886032
Nothing in your post changes the pertinent facts about Trump's involvement in the plot to overturn the election. They are simply attempts to muddy the waters.

View attachment 886032

I have told them that it was documented from the beginning.
Facts have no effect on them.
Nothing in your post changes the pertinent facts about Trump's involvement in the plot to overturn the election. They are simply attempts to muddy the waters.

Is it weird that facts have no effect on you?

Forum List

Back