Rich donors have blown $200 million on failed candidates so far

Eaglewings

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area
laughter.gif

If you’ve got money to burn, get into politics—as a donor giving millions to the big-money groups known as super PACs.

But a fat bank account doesn’t automatically buy victory, a lesson being hammered into wealthy donors this year.

514871906_1591436.gif

And they get to write it off, thus increasing the tax burden on the rest of us.

Rich donors have transformed politics since the 2010 Citizens United Supreme Court decision cleared the way for unlimited spending on behalf of favored candidates.

First you say money doesn't buy you a victory, then you say Citizens United has allowed rich donors to transform politics. Which is it?
The post about the Citizens United is to inform how long the Super pacs have been in power. I would like to see Super pacs disappear..

Rich donors have transformed politics since the 2010 Citizens United Supreme Court decision cleared the way for unlimited spending on behalf of favored candidates.

First you say money doesn't buy you a victory, then you say Citizens United has allowed rich donors to transform politics. Which is it?

There's money on both sides. Almost everyone is bought to a degree.

This is one of the reasons American's are so angry..

Last edited:

That I agree with, but overturning Citizens United won't dilute the power of lobbyists.

That I agree with, but overturning Citizens United won't dilute the power of lobbyists.

No it won't. But the power of lobbyists is not as insinuating as the threat of unlimited cash expenditures to defeat anyone who does not do the bidding of this or that interest.

I think Citizens United was started by the koch brothers, many started by the democrats too.

There is so much corruption behind the Super pacs where making the money trail transparent would help track who is giving to whom and how much.

I am just so happy these slim richies got a big slap in the pocketbook by America.

No it won't. But the power of lobbyists is not as insinuating as the threat of unlimited cash expenditures to defeat anyone who does not do the bidding of this or that interest.

Jeb Bush spent $44 million in New Hampshire and came in 5th place. Trump spent $2 million and won

None of this is to say that it always works out for plutocratic politicians. We'll recall how Newt and Sheldon Adelson destroyed Romney in 2012.

Jeb Bush spent $44 million in New Hampshire and came in 5th place. Trump spent $2 million and won

it isn't the effect of the election that is the problem, it is the effect of the threat. It's corruption, pure and simple.

In the article it talks about how Jeb Bush would have won if Trump didn't enter the race...Bush would have won because he had the most money. I love seeing the ones pulling the strings sweating bullets.

In the article it talks about how Jeb Bush would have won if Trump didn't enter the race...Bush would have won because he had the most money.

But he had the most money by far and didn't.

Donald Trumped the debates...being he came out of nowhere and pulled the rug out from under the well planned out plans..

Who here is retarded enough to believe Trump is going to spend a billion dollars of his own money to get elected?

I bet he doesn't spend a dime of his own money. Later, when no one will notice, he is going to reimburse himself from campaign donations.

Forum List

Back