Rich Guys Leaving California

No, that is not the meaning of my statement. I would encourage you to re-read it, and if necessary take a course in English.
i posted that before you erased the little whiny bitch thingy.....so....
if i was going to move to any Republican controlled State it sure as hell would not be Louisiana....much better choices out there....

But our taxes are low! Isn't that the only thing that matters? That's why property cost so much in California, right? Its cheap here!

its cheap in other states too.....and there are 9 states left that don't have a State tax.....and yours aint on the list....sorry....

I love coming to California, but every time I do recently, rich guys tell me that they're leaving for Texas or Florida. Recent tax hikes have increased the highest marginal rate to 57% and that seems to be a breaking point. Apparently, Sacramento is worried enough that they're considering a 10% exit tax for those who leave the state. I talked to one guy last night who has already moved as much as he could out of the state in anticipation of this exit tax.

So, if you're a rich guy, and you don't want the state taking everything you work for, we in Florida welcome and appreciate you.
:lol: if I could bro, I would.....:doubt:

% wise and $$$ per head we are taking a hit on that front for sure, but for sheer numbers the middle class is heading out too, over $80K makes up the bulk numbers of the out migration, between housing costs, taxes, regulatory costs and BS and of course jobs, its a dead end compared to other places out there....the coast and weather can only do so much you know?

I just bothered to be fair to the Californians, But I left a blue state after 38 years and hell if I would go back due to high taxes. So I googled "companys moving to california........

Robotics Startup CEO On Moving To California - Business Insider

"It was not a short-term economic decision," he said. "California is one of the most friendly and unfriendly business environments in the world." The company anticipates more taxes and a higher cost of living, he said. But to achieve their goal of building the world's first affordable personal robot, they had to be on the West Coast. "We have to find experienced roboticists, and that really only exists in a few places in the world, and California is one of them.

Why did you stay in hell for 38 years if it was so bad?

Ummmmm, it wasn't always bad? I lived there for 41 years, had some great times there, but things have changed, and I moved......

Land use restrictions. Construction unions. Countless regulations

Not even close.

Desirability and location are the major cost drivers in property values.

Well desirability is a pretty broad statement, would it include things like education system, property values and regulations....

Sono Bono got into politics because in his restaurant he was builiding they didnt let him put a mirror where he wanted it...they REGULATED him to put it somewhere....that also happens in private housing, but to a lesser extent.

Not even close.

That does not mean that regulation and fees do not drive up cost. That is a base fact, period. If you increase the cost to produce something, you increase the price of that product. That is cold hard fact.

Which indecently, causes rich people to get richer by pricing people that are not rich out of the market. Then the rich guy has to be a middle man and take his cut.

Last edited:
california is expensive becuase the market deems it.

why does the right hate the free market?

frankie you do realise you have never proven out to be correct on any prediction you have ever made here right?

Not even close.

That does not mean that regulation and fees do not drive up cost. That is a base fact, period. If you increase the cost to produce something, you increase the price of that product. That is cold hard fact.

Which indecently, causes rich people to get richer by pricing people that are not rich out of the market. Then the rich guy has to be a middle man and take his cut.

these exiting businesses are NOT moving to places with lower traxes and equal everything else are they?

they are moving where all costs are cheaper.

labor, land, resources they need.

the ones who leave cali and say its ALL becuase of taxes are cons with an agenda to push

CA still has a few good industries that haven't yet left -- just like Detroit had 20 years ago

when have you ever correctly predicted the outcome of policy?

Go get us an example of you having any ability to predict anything so we can care about what you say?

you suck ass dude and everyone who has been here long enough knows it

CA still has a few good industries that haven't yet left -- just like Detroit had 20 years ago

when have you ever correctly predicted the outcome of policy?

Go get us an example of you having any ability to predict anything so we can care about what you say?

you suck ass dude and everyone who has been here long enough knows it

Um, I refused to take any "Romney Wins!" Bets and Obama continues (commtinues is more accuarate) to keep his jackboot on the throat of the US Economy record debt, deficits, poverty, unemployment and destruction of the Middle Class

Not even close.

these exiting businesses are NOT moving to places with lower traxes and equal everything else are they?

they are moving where all costs are cheaper.

labor, land, resources they need.

the ones who leave cali and say its ALL becuase of taxes are cons with an agenda to push

link?

RIGHT make it possible for Californians to have to pay MORE IN TAXES !
Somewhere there is an economist who has the balls to study how much MONEY would have been paid by ENRON to CA. tax collectors IF they were continued to as you said RAPE
CA BUSINESSES REMEMBER BUSINESSES pay 10 times the amount of electricity then citizens and ENRON would have been charging those businesses and paying CA tax collections!

BUT leave it to idiots like you that say oh we should TAX MORE those wealthy businesses, evil profit makers and NOW look at what is happening to CA!

Hot on the heels of other tech giants leaving for Utah, Intel announces its plan to build a factory in Oregon.
This brings the count up to 158 companies that have left California so far this year. Joseph Vranich, a business relocation coach, joined Varney & Co. this morning to explain why companies are running for the hills.
“California is losing businesses at a 3:1 ratio and we’re not even through with the year yet,” said Vranich. “It’s high-tech, it’s low-tech, it’s all-tech. We have a small company in California, in Los Angeles, leaving with 25 people but it’s Intel that creates 1,000 jobs elsewhere that makes the headlines.”
Right now, Intel will probably save about 60% on their electric bill, but when the new environmental regulations and rates increase next year, their electric bill in Oregon could well be an astonishing 80% to 90% less than in California.”

Read more: Companies Bid Farewell to California | Interviews | Varney & Company

SO again.. I ask the question.. ENRON RAPED CA???? Think at least how much lower CA taxes would have been if the above businesses weren't leaving and ENRON
was collecting revenue and therefore paying TAXES to CA? NOW there is nothing but HIGHER CA taxes and more companies leaving CA!

BUT leave it to idiots like you that say oh we should TAX MORE those wealthy businesses, evil profit makers and NOW look at what is happening to CA!

care to point out were i said this?......i would sure like to know.....

Only the 9th largest economy in the world.

It used to be 7th. :eusa_whistle:

yeah until your party crashed the world wide economy AGAIN for the second time in one lifetime

care to point out were i said this?......i would sure like to know.....

Only the 9th largest economy in the world.

It used to be 7th. :eusa_whistle:

It used to be 5th.

Now it's 12th.
California's economy is the 12th largest economy in the world (2012), if the states of the U.S. were compared with other countries. California ranks 12th among the 50 states in terms of GDP per capita. As of 2010, the gross state product (GSP) is about $1.9 trillion, which is 13.06% of the United States gross domestic product (GDP). The state's GDP growth rate slowed to 0.4% in 2008 after having grown 3.1% in 2006 and 1.8% in 2007.

You hate California because the markets favor it over much of the rest of the world

Forum List

Back