Rick Perry's Chances Of Being Elected President..Going Up In Flames!

missed the humor part

You and Krusty Frank can go fuck yourselves. The map I saw was so full of fires that it looked like it had to be a joke. Of course it is NOT FUNNY. It is tragic and more tragic is Perry's lack of action in response to these fires.

Bottom line is that he has failed miserably in his duty to protect the people of Texass. Neither you or that idiot Krusty Frank can tell me that with enough resources applied these fires would not ALL BE PUT OUT!!!
I think our Governor is very conserned about his fellow Texans, Huggy, but using a disaster of this proportion to tie it to political works isn't a very good idea.

In some of the communities stricken by fire, it was nailed down to kids playing with matches, and people flinging out cigarettes in remote woodsy areas where one spark can wipe out thousands of acres and make a lot of already-beleaguered families homeless as well as having destroyed crops and livestock.

Next time you want to poke someone you already didn't like, use something beside a drought or a hurricane, why doncha.

I have to admit it made me laugh out loud and cause iced tea to run out of my nose..:lol: :lol:

I was watching the weather channel yesterday and the weather dude was standing next to a map of god ol Texass and there were little fire symbols on the map...not just a few..maybe hundreds of them..they literally COVERED the whole map of Texass.

Then it struck me like a wild fire.. This dumb ass Perry is the last man on earth I want to manage any crisis as the POTUS.

What I find astounding is that this lack of action on Perry's part is not talked about much.

There are two things I know about fire. One is that they are almost entirely man made and therefore preventable...and the other is that with enough resources applied...they are ALL extinguishable.

While that dodo Perry is busy praying for rain(howz that workin for ya Ricky?)... His WHOLE fuckin state is burning to cinders.

I know that if one tenth of the fires burning in Texass were alight here in Washington state we would have Christine Gregouir's head on a platter.

All that bragging about how well his state is doing is a load of crap when one ganders at a map of the still burning fires in his pitiful state.

Perry for president? I wouldn't trust him to watch over a sanican. The shithole might catch fire and burn up with ya sittin in it!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Rickster!!!! Fires are NOT a natural disaster.. You are supposed to put them out ya dumb fuck!!!

OOPS! A thousand double tankers filled with water and a hundred extra pumpers imported from nearby states wouldn't look good on your states bottom line?

Fuck you Perry. I'm just thankfull you aren't the gubner here in Washington.

Your thoughts?
Huggy, we have a horrible problem down here in Texas, and there's nothing we can do except ride it out, which could take a few years. Rick Perry is not the cause of the drought, but prayer together comforts people with a common problem sometimes. The fires started recently, and have burned a lot of trees, farms, orchards, and crops. Many have lost properties because the crops and water failed, and moved out to live someplace where there's running water. With no rural work to do, they have to do something else.

I sense some true glee in politicoes who've posted on this thread, and I'm sorry to see it. I can't imagins someone taking a natural disaster like a drought or a hurricane and blaming the governor for it. I don't know anyone I've ever talked to on a political forum where I blamed them for a disaster, and I've seen everything in the last 20 years online--earthquakes, fires, floods, water drought, tornadoes, hurricanes, and even a volcano like Mt. St. Helens.

This is not a polticial issue.

Well to some degree yes it is political as we the people start to decide who will be our president after the next election. Perry should have never tossed his hat in the ring. HE made his performance as the political leader of TEXAS germain.

So to repeat myself you are saying that NO amount of manpower experienced or not and NO amount of money for equipment could stop these fires? Bullshit. I do not believe that.

The truth is that there is not enough political will to amass enough people and resources to do the job...Texas plain and Texas simple.

gawd, you are just a sick twisted freak, everything revolves around politics in you life. how sad is that. Even people losing their homes to wildfires. what do you care. sick

Yep.

I thought Perry going back and managing the whole thing showed leadership until I found out he cut funding for firefighters.

Oh gosh.

Gov. Perry cut firefighters budget by 75%: Republican Leadership and Foresight?-Post 102

As the libtards will promptly ignore the link...

Very quickly, and to get this out of the way: the Online Left is babbling about supposedly-cut Texas firefighting budgets, mostly because they lack the research skills – or possibly, the native intelligence – to tell the difference between a $109 million Forest Service/Wildfire Fighting budget in 2010/2011, and a $196 million Forest Service/Wildfire Fighting budget for 2012/2013 (the 2012 fiscal year started at the beginning of this month). Fortunately, Battleswarm Blog can both think and do research – as seen here and here – which means that I don’t have to do any of the heavy lifting this time. Bottom line: never, ever stop just because you got the answer that you wanted.

And in that special legislative session, two separate bills were passed which increased forest service/wildfire fighting and prevention funding: SB2, which added an additional $40 million to the forest service for FY 2012 specifically to fight wildfires (with any rollover, of which I’m pretty sure there will be none, to be carried into 2013), and HD4, which allocated an additional $81 million for fighting wildfires in the 2012-2013 biennium. (This is most likely where A&M got the $81 million figure for.) All those bills (and thus the funding increase) were passed and in the books months before the FY2012 budget started on September 1.

So, in summary:
Total 2010-2011 Biennium Forest Service/Wildfire Fighting Budget: $109 million.
Total 2012-2013 Biennium Forest Service/Wildfire Fighting Budget: $196.2 million.

So the Texas legislature authorized, and Governor Rick Perry signed, an 80% increase in wildfire fighting and prevention funding for the 2012-2013 biennium. Not quite double the amount I had in my original post, but pretty close.

Last edited:
Huggy, we have a horrible problem down here in Texas, and there's nothing we can do except ride it out, which could take a few years. Rick Perry is not the cause of the drought, but prayer together comforts people with a common problem sometimes. The fires started recently, and have burned a lot of trees, farms, orchards, and crops. Many have lost properties because the crops and water failed, and moved out to live someplace where there's running water. With no rural work to do, they have to do something else.

I sense some true glee in politicoes who've posted on this thread, and I'm sorry to see it. I can't imagins someone taking a natural disaster like a drought or a hurricane and blaming the governor for it. I don't know anyone I've ever talked to on a political forum where I blamed them for a disaster, and I've seen everything in the last 20 years online--earthquakes, fires, floods, water drought, tornadoes, hurricanes, and even a volcano like Mt. St. Helens.

Well to some degree yes it is political as we the people start to decide who will be our president after the next election. Perry should have never tossed his hat in the ring. HE made his performance as the political leader of TEXAS germain.

So to repeat myself you are saying that NO amount of manpower experienced or not and NO amount of money for equipment could stop these fires? Bullshit. I do not believe that.

The truth is that there is not enough political will to amass enough people and resources to do the job...Texas plain and Texas simple.

gawd, you are just a sick twisted freak, everything revolves around politics in you life. how sad is that. Even people losing their homes to wildfires. what do you care. sick

Is everyone in Texas batshit crazy? Rob not included... I've done nothing but offer suggestions as to how to turn the tide on this disaster and all you bitches are doing is calling my posts political. Nary a fucking one of you have come up with one damn good idea and I, who doesn't even live in that god forsaken state have come up with several positive do-able ways to attack these fires. All proven tactics in the WINDY..dry as a bone...wild fires in Washington state. You assholes...nada! NOTHING!!!!

Oh!... Did I mention that my only uncle, my dads brother, was the head forester in the state of Washington from the time I was about ten till I was about 24? Ya...I know NOTHING about it... Piss off you assholes. And Piss on ya. You are not worth saving!

Huggy has a terrible problem in Washington DC - his Messiah® has virtually no chance of reelection. This makes him VERY desperate, he'll say ANYTHING to trash the hated enemies of Obama.

Huggy has a terrible problem in Washington DC - his Messiah® has virtually no chance of reelection. This makes him VERY desperate, he'll say ANYTHING to trash the hated enemies of Obama.

I am a republican and YOU are an idiot.

Besides..........I thought Rick Perry was a Christian, not a Catholic........

Texas Gov. Rick Perry clung to his skepticism of climate change science in Wednesday’s Republican presidential debate when he was asked if he believes man-made climate change is happening.

“The science is not settled on this. The idea that we would put Americans’ economy at jeopardy based on scientific theory that’s not settled yet to me is just nonsense,” Perry said. “Just because you have a group of scientists who stood up and said here is the fact. Galileo got outvoted for a spell,” he said.

Perry was referencing the Galileo affair of the 1600′s when the scientist was accused of heresy for his scientific theories. Through his telescopic findings, Galileo offered support for heliocentrism, the scientific theory first developed by Copernicus that the sun is stationary and the planets revolved around it, but this was in direct conflict with scientific and philosophical theories of Aristotle and Ptolemy, who believed the Earth was the center of the universe, and the Catholic Church, which adhered to a literalist interpretation of Scripture, such as Psalm 104:5 which reads “the Lord set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved.”

Galileo underwent a trial in 1633 for his book “Dialogue Concerning the Two Chief World Systems,” which compared the theories of Copernicus and Ptolemy. Galileo was convicted of grave suspicion of heresy” and was sentenced to house arrest for the duration of his life.

Rick Perry, Galileo and Global Warming - ABC News

I am a republican and YOU are an idiot.

yeah, and I'm the Queen of England...:lmao:

Is THAT what you think? So I take it that you have not read any of my posts....which by the way are chock full of proven methods for fighting wild fires. And yours?...hack whining?

If you were as concerned about Rick Perry's performance as you are about what you IMAGINE I have written then maybe you would be making some progress towards solving your problems.

Huggy;

If every person in Texas burning to death would ensure that Obama was reelected, would you want chocolate or strawberry sauce on your ice cream as you cheered the flames on?

missed the humor part

You and Krusty Frank can go fuck yourselves. The map I saw was so full of fires that it looked like it had to be a joke. Of course it is NOT FUNNY. It is tragic and more tragic is Perry's lack of action in response to these fires.

Bottom line is that he has failed miserably in his duty to protect the people of Texass. Neither you or that idiot Krusty Frank can tell me that with enough resources applied these fires would not ALL BE PUT OUT!!!
I think our Governor is very conserned about his fellow Texans, Huggy, but using a disaster of this proportion to tie it to political works isn't a very good idea.

In some of the communities stricken by fire, it was nailed down to kids playing with matches, and people flinging out cigarettes in remote woodsy areas where one spark can wipe out thousands of acres and make a lot of already-beleaguered families homeless as well as having destroyed crops and livestock.

Next time you want to poke someone you already didn't like, use something beside a drought or a hurricane, why doncha.

Here in CA, if they trace back the source to kids or careless people, they bill them for the entire cost of fighting the fire. Needless to say, that bankrupts them.

Here in CA, if they trace back the source to kids or careless people, they bill them for the entire cost of fighting the fire. Needless to say, that bankrupts them.

Actually, I think that's nation wide. They do that in Montana and just a little while ago, the Amarillo news told about someone who was responsible for a fire up here and they were fined for the cost.

Doorknob, weren't you supposed to leave the forum for thirty days after losing your bet?

Who would have guessed that you had no honor? Oh, that's right, Wicked Jester said it from the start,,,

We just take 'em out back by the woodshed and dust their naughty little britches. No need to make his, her, and their psychiatrists rich, besides, they'd have to travel 150 miles for counselling when have the Board of Education meeting on the little Seat of their Knowledge works fine. Besides, every other kid in the country has played with matches most likely, they just don't have the conditions we have this year. I'm sorry, I just want to retch when I think about the people in Bastrop county right now. The pics on tv look like Dante's Inferno right now, except bigger.

It is supposed to matter to me what stupid people believe or not?

Is it supposed to matter to me that you pretend to be a Republican?

You think that conservatives will think "Hmmm, Huggy is a Republican and HE worships Obama, guess I should too?"

Quit flapping your gums dumb ass and make a positive suggestion to put out the fires or shut the fuck up.

You're a fucking moron Huggy, I mean that most sincerely.

Where's Bodecea?........She has a thirty day self imposed ban to get too.....If anybody sees her, tell her she needs to get back to the Hoffa thread and do the right thing.

Forum List

Back