Ricky Martin Urges Latinos To Unite Against Donald Trump

“Why would he assume he has the right to make absurd, incoherent, and ignorant comments about us?”
It's called freedom of speech Ricky the same freedom that gave you the right to put out crappy music.

Hillary in a landslide!!!..LOL you need help man really:cuckoo:
It's the demographics, bub, and the numbers. We don't have them if we keep going the way we are. I think HRC will fall away and be replaced by Biden with Warren.

If we don't reach out honestly to women and minorities, the dems will slaughter us.
Stat is obsessed with Hillary. He stays in his room, crunching numbers, hoping so badly that she will win. He's sick... Trump is not my guy, but most any Republican should beat these leftist idiots.If white Conservative turnout increases as it certainly will

It's the demographics, bub, and the numbers. We don't have them if we keep going the way we are. I think HRC will fall away and be replaced by Biden with Warren.

If we don't reach out honestly to women and minorities, the dems will slaughter us.
Stat is obsessed with Hillary. He stays in his room, crunching numbers, hoping so badly that she will win. He's sick... Trump is not my guy, but most any Republican should beat these leftist idiots.If white Conservative turnout increases as it certainly will
The demographics are against you as well as the numbers.

55df3b8a1d00006e0014612b.jpg

“Why would he assume he has the right to make absurd, incoherent, and ignorant comments about us?”

Ricky Martin has had enough of Donald Trump’s “xenophobic” rhetoric against Latinos. And the singer wants Latinos to do something about it.

After the Republican presidential candidate removed Hispanic journalist Jorge Ramos from a press conference in Iowa on Tuesday, Martin felt compelled to write a scathing op-ed against Trump.

“The fact that a person like Donald Trump… has the gall to continue to freely harass the Latino community day after day makes my blood boil,” the 43-year-old wrote in his piece, published Wednesday in Spanish on Univision and in English on Fusion, the sister networks that Ramos works for. “Why would he assume he has the right to make absurd, incoherent, and ignorant comments about us?”

“I am not surprised Trump would aim so low,” he continued. “I am surprised that we Hispanics continue to accept these aggressions and accusations by individuals like Trump who continue to attack our dignity.”

Martin continued to urge Latinos to stand together against the presidential candidate.

“Let’s not tolerate any politician using insults in the campaign,” he wrote. “Let’s respect those first-generation Latinos that arrived in the U.S. and opened a path for all of us. Each right that we have today, we have fought for.”

Reggaeton star Wisin later joined Martin with a rallying cry of his own against Trump via a press release.

Read Ricky Martin's full op-ed on Fusion.

More: Ricky Martin Urges Latinos To Unite Against Donald Trump In Op-Ed

I applaud Latinos for fighting back against Trump.
celebrities and what they say are so important to some people... for normal people, though, who cares what an empty headed "celebrity" "thinks"?
Like Ronald Reagan? Ted Nugent?

Ricky Martin has had enough of Donald Trump’s “xenophobic” rhetoric against Latinos. And the singer wants Latinos to do something about it.

After the Republican presidential candidate removed Hispanic journalist Jorge Ramos from a press conference in Iowa on Tuesday, Martin felt compelled to write a scathing op-ed against Trump.

“The fact that a person like Donald Trump… has the gall to continue to freely harass the Latino community day after day makes my blood boil,” the 43-year-old wrote in his piece, published Wednesday in Spanish on Univision and in English on Fusion, the sister networks that Ramos works for. “Why would he assume he has the right to make absurd, incoherent, and ignorant comments about us?”

“I am not surprised Trump would aim so low,” he continued. “I am surprised that we Hispanics continue to accept these aggressions and accusations by individuals like Trump who continue to attack our dignity.”

Martin continued to urge Latinos to stand together against the presidential candidate.

“Let’s not tolerate any politician using insults in the campaign,” he wrote. “Let’s respect those first-generation Latinos that arrived in the U.S. and opened a path for all of us. Each right that we have today, we have fought for.”

Reggaeton star Wisin later joined Martin with a rallying cry of his own against Trump via a press release.

celebrities and what they say are so important to some people... for normal people, though, who cares what an empty headed "celebrity" "thinks"?

Clint Eastwood? Curt Schilling? Dennis Miller? etc etc....

I'm sure Ricky Martin's opinion carries some weight among Latinos. But then again, a Latino urging other Latinos to "unite" against Rump is kinda like a woman asking other women to "unite" against Lush Rimjob -- it's kinda redundant.

Funny how people who hate Obama say he's caused splits within the country because he's black, yet love Trump who is deliberately going out and causing rifts between people.

Exactly! Adolf Trump is splitting the Republican Party all to hell. I love it...

Like Ronald Reagan? Ted Nugent?

Clint Eastwood? Curt Schilling? Dennis Miller? etc etc....

I'm sure Ricky Martin's opinion carries some weight among Latinos. But then again, a Latino urging other Latinos to "unite" against Rump is kinda like a woman asking other women to "unite" against Lush Rimjob -- it's kinda redundant.
Yup, it is, with political signficance for Trump.

I don't understand this comment: "If we don't honestly reach out to women and minorities...."

Women, minorities, aliens, canine's aren't being left out so there's no reaching out. Making America great has nothing to do with one group or another. It has to do with us as a nation.....Everyone. There's no need to reach out to any one group, when your message is for everyone. We've seen these slubs pander to these groups and it comes off as total BS, because it is. When you work to improve things for the entire nation EVERYONE benefits.

Here's a thought....would Trump be as popular with the RW if he had insisted we need to do something about illegal immigration WITHOUT the rude insults? Catch-22 anyone?

I don't understand this comment: "If we don't honestly reach out to women and minorities...."

Women, minorities, aliens, canine's aren't being left out so there's no reaching out. Making America great has nothing to do with one group or another. It has to do with us as a nation.....Everyone. There's no need to reach out to any one group, when your message is for everyone. We've seen these slubs pander to these groups and it comes off as total BS, because it is. When you work to improve things for the entire nation EVERYONE benefits.

Which is exactly what Reagan did..oh Jake didn't Support Reagan

Voted for him in 1980, and was overseas in a hospital four years later. Voted Nixon and Ford. I liked Ford. Went to school with his son Jack (John).

Funny how people who hate Obama say he's caused splits within the country because he's black, yet love Trump who is deliberately going out and causing rifts between people.

Exactly! Adolf Trump is splitting the Republican Party all to hell. I love it...
No he's actually rallying them. The Republican establishment, whom most everyone despises, are being shat on. Republican's, Independents and Libertarians LOVE it. Don't mistake the establishment for the real Republican's. The republican establishment is just a bunch of horses asses.

Voted for him in 1980, and was overseas in a hospital four years later.

Yeah? You hate Reagan, You're a Ford guy, you've said it many times

It could be part of a covert registration drive. Trump gets them riled which has them registering. Then at and after GOP convention it's Bush or Rubio appeasing them.

Forum List

Back