Riddle me this....

As long as we have a deficit we either need to increase revenue or cut spending. Making the deficit smaller is not good enough.

Do you year in and year out run your business with a deficit? Is your debt more than your annual income?
I CUT SPENDING rather than demanding others pay for my irresponsible budgeting.

I have virtually 0 debt

The news is reporting that Biden cut the deficit by the largest one year amount in history.

So WHY if we are doing that well financially does the left insist on raising taxes.....any taxes...

In all honesty I believe this is just a numbers game on paper and not a real tangible monetary difference but for the sake of this discussion let's pretend this news isn't fake.
Deficits are a single year phenomenon

All that means is that the government still spent more money than it took in but just a little bit less than the year before

I have virtually 0 debt

That is good to hear. Sadly our elected officials refuse to cut spending and they will not ever do so till we quit voting for the ones that will not cut it. But that also will never happen.

The news is reporting that Biden cut the deficit by the largest one year amount in history.

So WHY if we are doing that well financially does the left insist on raising taxes.....any taxes...

In all honesty I believe this is just a numbers game on paper and not a real tangible monetary difference but for the sake of this discussion let's pretend this news isn't fake.
Trump raised taxes on SALT.

President Biden's Economic Strategy and Fiscal ...​

https://www.whitehouse.gov › ... › Press Releases

Mar 28, 2022 — Even before the pandemic, the Trump tax cuts had added $2 trillion to deficits over a decade. The deficit increased every year of the previous ...

I have virtually 0 debt

Yep...
By the time you hit your 40's you should be debt free and concentrate on saving.
So many people in their 50's are still deep in debt and have very little if any savings.
Which is crazy!! We havent had a house payment in 20 years and we pay off new vehicles in three years max and with our credit score it's usually at 1% interest.
I dont see how people live that way,I'd be a nervous wreck all the time worrying about my future as well as my Wifes future.

Forum List

Back