Right wingers are ALL for states' rights.......except......

Well, except when it comes to:

A woman's right to choose
Voting rights
Legalization of Marijuana
Drilling off-shore

(add your own "exceptions"...........)

Call it abortion rights, stop trying to soft sell it.
How does having to present an easily obtainable ID quash voting rights?
A lot of people on the right support state level regulation.
Doesn't a States control of waters end a certain distance off their shore, and the feds control the rest? hasn't it always been this way?

It is called the "right to choose" because the person has a choice of two alternatives: abort the pregnancy or carry it to term. I have a good friend who has had diabetes all her life, got pregnant in spite of an IUD, and decided to go ahead with the pregnancy despite her doctors' dire warnings.This caused a very dangerous situation both for her and the fetus, and she was quite torn up physically. She said that she has not regretted her decision, but that it wasn't for everybody. People make these choices based on their own thoughts and beliefs. They may consult with someone whose opinion they respect. This is not a matter for government.

Still nothing but words to make killing something more palatable.

I personally don't care about abortion, but I can't stand people using words to make bad things seem better.

I also hate Roe because its terrible constitutional law.

Roe came out of a whole line of cases stemming from Griswald. Whether a person thinks that terminating a pregnancy is "killing" depends on one's religious views. Every American should have the right to choose her or his own religious beliefs and not be forced to act in obedience to religious views that they themselves have not adopted. There are grave First Amendment issues involved here that involve choice of religion as well as the rights to privacy and physical sovereignty. Unless these rights are protected, there is no such thing as "freedom."

Well, except when it comes to:

A woman's right to choose
Voting rights
Legalization of Marijuana
Drilling off-shore

(add your own "exceptions"...........)

Call it abortion rights, stop trying to soft sell it.
How does having to present an easily obtainable ID quash voting rights?
A lot of people on the right support state level regulation.
Doesn't a States control of waters end a certain distance off their shore, and the feds control the rest? hasn't it always been this way?

It is called the "right to choose" because the person has a choice of two alternatives: abort the pregnancy or carry it to term. I have a good friend who has had diabetes all her life, got pregnant in spite of an IUD, and decided to go ahead with the pregnancy despite her doctors' dire warnings.This caused a very dangerous situation both for her and the fetus, and she was quite torn up physically. She said that she has not regretted her decision, but that it wasn't for everybody. People make these choices based on their own thoughts and beliefs. They may consult with someone whose opinion they respect. This is not a matter for government.

Still nothing but words to make killing something more palatable.

I personally don't care about abortion, but I can't stand people using words to make bad things seem better.

I also hate Roe because its terrible constitutional law.

Roe came out of a whole line of cases stemming from Griswald. Whether a person thinks that terminating a pregnancy is "killing" depends on one's religious views. Every American should have the right to choose her or his own religious beliefs and not be forced to act in obedience to religious views that they themselves have not adopted. There are grave First Amendment issues involved here that involve choice of religion as well as the rights to privacy and physical sovereignty. Unless these rights are protected, there is no such thing as "freedom."

It doesn't depend on religious views. a separate organism dies. What one's moral view decides is how one feels about that. And people can be against abortion without being religious.

A Secular Case Against Abortion - Pro-Life Humanists

Forum List

Back