Right Wingers eating crow on price of gasoline. $1.39 in Indiana.

Ray 12929030
The prices we see for fuel today is directly related to Fracking which the Democrats hate and are still expressing concerns about.

But regardless of millions Americans that have concerns (health - safety - environment) about fracking, the RW'ers prediction was that Obama was driving the cost of gasoline so high it would ultimately destroy the economy. That did not happen.

Having those concerns obviously did not have any effect on the price of gasoline. So what is your point? The false predictions are still false.

The Feds have a responsibility to protect the health and safety of all Americans and that includes protecting the environment. Obama's energy policy is a balanced environmental approach that is not increasing the price at the pump nor is it deterring oil companies from fracking for oil production at a rate that bring a profitable return.

If you want little or no regulation of oil companies and air as bad as in
Beijing just say so.

an all-of-the-above strategy includes drilling all over this country.

Oldstyle 12929088
The following is the 2008 Democratic Platform that Barack Obama ran for President on...please show anywhere in that platform where he says his plan "was to drill everywhere"?

When they used the word 'transition' in 2008 it is a reference to drilling oil everywhere within reason.

Why not take Obama's words directly?

"Over the last three years, my administration has opened millions of acres of land in 23 different states for oil and gas exploration. (Applause.) Offshore, I’ve directed my administration to open up more than 75 percent of our potential oil resources. That includes an area in the Gulf of Mexico we opened up a few months ago that could produce more than 400 million barrels of oil."

So do not tell me that we’re not drilling. (Applause.) We’re drilling all over this country. (Applause.) I guess there are a few spots where we’re not drilling. We’re not drilling in the National Mall. (Laughter.) We’re not drilling at your house. "

The White House
Office of the Press Secretary
For Immediate Release
March 15, 2012

Remarks by the President on Energy

Now, here’s the thing -- because we've seen it all before, we know better. You know better. There is no such thing as a quick fix when it comes to high gas prices. There’s no silver bullet. Anybody who tells you otherwise isn’t really looking for a solution -- they’re trying to ride the political wave of the moment.

Usually, the most common thing, when you actually ask them -- all right, how is it that you're going to get back to $2.00 a gallon gas, how are you going to do it, specifically, what is your plan -- then typically what you'll hear from them is, well, if we just drilled more for oil then gas prices would immediately come down and all our problems would go away. That's usually the response.

Now, Maryland, there are two problems with that answer. First of all, we are drilling. Under my administration, America is producing more oil today than at any time in the last eight years. (Applause.) Any time. That's a fact. That's a fact. We’ve quadrupled the number of operating oil rigs to a record high. I want everybody to listen to that -- we have more oil rigs operating now than ever. That's a fact. We’ve approved dozens of new pipelines to move oil across the country. We announced our support for a new one in Oklahoma that will help get more oil down to refineries on the Gulf Coast.

Over the last three years, my administration has opened millions of acres of land in 23 different states for oil and gas exploration. (Applause.) Offshore, I’ve directed my administration to open up more than 75 percent of our potential oil resources. That includes an area in the Gulf of Mexico we opened up a few months ago that could produce more than 400 million barrels of oil.

So do not tell me that we’re not drilling. (Applause.) We’re drilling all over this country. (Applause.) I guess there are a few spots where we’re not drilling. We’re not drilling in the National Mall. (Laughter.) We’re not drilling at your house. (Laughter.) I guess we could try to have, like, 200 oil rigs in the middle of the Chesapeake Bay.

AUDIENCE: No!

THE PRESIDENT: Well, that’s the question. We are drilling at a record pace but we’re doing so in a way that protects the health and safety and the natural resources of the American people. (Applause.)

So that’s point number one. If you start hearing this “drill, baby, drill; drill, drill, drill” -- if you start hearing that again, just remember you’ve got the facts -- we’re doing that. Tell me something new. (Applause.) That’s problem number one.

Here’s the second problem with what some of these politicians are talking about. There’s a problem with a strategy that only relies on drilling and that is, America uses more than 20 percent of the world’s oil. If we drilled every square inch of this country -- so we went to your house and we went to the National Mall and we put up those rigs everywhere -- we’d still have only 2 percent of the world’s known oil reserves. Let’s say we miss something -- maybe it’s 3 percent instead of 2. We’re using 20; we have 2.

Now, you don’t need to be getting an excellent education at Prince George’s Community College to know that we’ve got a math problem here. (Laughter and applause.) I help out Sasha occasionally with her math homework and I know that if you’ve got 2 and you’ve got 20, there’s a gap. (Laughter.) There’s a gap, right?

AUDIENCE: Yes!

THE PRESIDENT: Do we have anybody who’s good at math here? Am I right? (Applause.) Okay.

So if we don’t develop other sources of energy, if we don’t develop the technology to use less energy to make our economy more energy-efficient, then we will always be dependent on foreign countries for our energy needs. (Applause.)

And that means every time there’s instability in the Middle East, which is the main thing that’s driving oil prices up right now -- it’s the same thing that was driving oil prices up last year -- every time that happens, every time that there’s unrest, any time that there’s concern about a conflict, suddenly, oil futures shoot up, you’re going to feel it at the pump. It will happen every single time.

We will not fully be in control of our energy future if our strategy is only to drill for the 2 percent but we still have to buy the 20 percent. And there’s another wrinkle to this -- other countries use oil, too. We’re not the only ones. So you’ve got rapidly-growing nations like China and India, and they’re all starting to buy cars. They’re getting wealthier. They want cars, too. And that means the price of gas will rise.

Just to give you an example -- in 2010, China alone added 10 million new cars. That’s just in one year. And there are about a billion Chinese. So they’ve got a lot more people who are going to want cars in the future, which means they are going to want to get some of that oil and that will drive prices up. So we can’t just drill our way out of the problem. We are drilling, but it’s not going to solve our problem.

That’s not the future I want for the United States of America. We can’t allow ourselves to be held hostage to events on the other side of the globe. That’s not who we are. (Applause.) America controls its own destiny. We’re not dependent on somebody else. (Applause.)

So we can’t have an energy strategy for the last century that traps us in the past. We need an energy strategy for the future -- an all-of-the-above strategy for the 21st century that develops every source of American-made energy. Yes, develop as much oil and gas as we can, but also develop wind power and solar power and biofuels. (Applause.) Make our buildings more fuel-efficient. Make our homes more fuel-efficient. Make our cars and trucks more fuel-efficient so they get more miles for the gallon. (Applause.) That’s where I want to take this country. (Applause.)

"So we can’t have an energy strategy for the last century that traps us in the past. We need an energy strategy for the future -- an all-of-the-above strategy for the 21st century that develops every source of American-made energy. Yes, develop as much oil and gas as we can, but also develop wind power and solar power and biofuels."

Yes, develop as much oil and gas as we can, That includes fracking and drilling.

So what now Oldstyle?

an all-of-the-above strategy includes drilling all over this country.

Oldstyle 12929088
The following is the 2008 Democratic Platform that Barack Obama ran for President on...please show anywhere in that platform where he says his plan "was to drill everywhere"?

When they used the word 'transition' in 2008 it is a reference to drilling oil everywhere within reason.

Why not take Obama's words directly?

"Over the last three years, my administration has opened millions of acres of land in 23 different states for oil and gas exploration. (Applause.) Offshore, I’ve directed my administration to open up more than 75 percent of our potential oil resources. That includes an area in the Gulf of Mexico we opened up a few months ago that could produce more than 400 million barrels of oil."

So do not tell me that we’re not drilling. (Applause.) We’re drilling all over this country. (Applause.) I guess there are a few spots where we’re not drilling. We’re not drilling in the National Mall. (Laughter.) We’re not drilling at your house. "

The White House
Office of the Press Secretary
For Immediate Release
March 15, 2012

Remarks by the President on Energy

Now, here’s the thing -- because we've seen it all before, we know better. You know better. There is no such thing as a quick fix when it comes to high gas prices. There’s no silver bullet. Anybody who tells you otherwise isn’t really looking for a solution -- they’re trying to ride the political wave of the moment.

Usually, the most common thing, when you actually ask them -- all right, how is it that you're going to get back to $2.00 a gallon gas, how are you going to do it, specifically, what is your plan -- then typically what you'll hear from them is, well, if we just drilled more for oil then gas prices would immediately come down and all our problems would go away. That's usually the response.

Now, Maryland, there are two problems with that answer. First of all, we are drilling. Under my administration, America is producing more oil today than at any time in the last eight years. (Applause.) Any time. That's a fact. That's a fact. We’ve quadrupled the number of operating oil rigs to a record high. I want everybody to listen to that -- we have more oil rigs operating now than ever. That's a fact. We’ve approved dozens of new pipelines to move oil across the country. We announced our support for a new one in Oklahoma that will help get more oil down to refineries on the Gulf Coast.

Over the last three years, my administration has opened millions of acres of land in 23 different states for oil and gas exploration. (Applause.) Offshore, I’ve directed my administration to open up more than 75 percent of our potential oil resources. That includes an area in the Gulf of Mexico we opened up a few months ago that could produce more than 400 million barrels of oil.

So do not tell me that we’re not drilling. (Applause.) We’re drilling all over this country. (Applause.) I guess there are a few spots where we’re not drilling. We’re not drilling in the National Mall. (Laughter.) We’re not drilling at your house. (Laughter.) I guess we could try to have, like, 200 oil rigs in the middle of the Chesapeake Bay.

AUDIENCE: No!

THE PRESIDENT: Well, that’s the question. We are drilling at a record pace but we’re doing so in a way that protects the health and safety and the natural resources of the American people. (Applause.)

So that’s point number one. If you start hearing this “drill, baby, drill; drill, drill, drill” -- if you start hearing that again, just remember you’ve got the facts -- we’re doing that. Tell me something new. (Applause.) That’s problem number one.

Here’s the second problem with what some of these politicians are talking about. There’s a problem with a strategy that only relies on drilling and that is, America uses more than 20 percent of the world’s oil. If we drilled every square inch of this country -- so we went to your house and we went to the National Mall and we put up those rigs everywhere -- we’d still have only 2 percent of the world’s known oil reserves. Let’s say we miss something -- maybe it’s 3 percent instead of 2. We’re using 20; we have 2.

Now, you don’t need to be getting an excellent education at Prince George’s Community College to know that we’ve got a math problem here. (Laughter and applause.) I help out Sasha occasionally with her math homework and I know that if you’ve got 2 and you’ve got 20, there’s a gap. (Laughter.) There’s a gap, right?

AUDIENCE: Yes!

THE PRESIDENT: Do we have anybody who’s good at math here? Am I right? (Applause.) Okay.

So if we don’t develop other sources of energy, if we don’t develop the technology to use less energy to make our economy more energy-efficient, then we will always be dependent on foreign countries for our energy needs. (Applause.)

And that means every time there’s instability in the Middle East, which is the main thing that’s driving oil prices up right now -- it’s the same thing that was driving oil prices up last year -- every time that happens, every time that there’s unrest, any time that there’s concern about a conflict, suddenly, oil futures shoot up, you’re going to feel it at the pump. It will happen every single time.

We will not fully be in control of our energy future if our strategy is only to drill for the 2 percent but we still have to buy the 20 percent. And there’s another wrinkle to this -- other countries use oil, too. We’re not the only ones. So you’ve got rapidly-growing nations like China and India, and they’re all starting to buy cars. They’re getting wealthier. They want cars, too. And that means the price of gas will rise.

Just to give you an example -- in 2010, China alone added 10 million new cars. That’s just in one year. And there are about a billion Chinese. So they’ve got a lot more people who are going to want cars in the future, which means they are going to want to get some of that oil and that will drive prices up. So we can’t just drill our way out of the problem. We are drilling, but it’s not going to solve our problem.

That’s not the future I want for the United States of America. We can’t allow ourselves to be held hostage to events on the other side of the globe. That’s not who we are. (Applause.) America controls its own destiny. We’re not dependent on somebody else. (Applause.)

So we can’t have an energy strategy for the last century that traps us in the past. We need an energy strategy for the future -- an all-of-the-above strategy for the 21st century that develops every source of American-made energy. Yes, develop as much oil and gas as we can, but also develop wind power and solar power and biofuels. (Applause.) Make our buildings more fuel-efficient. Make our homes more fuel-efficient. Make our cars and trucks more fuel-efficient so they get more miles for the gallon. (Applause.) That’s where I want to take this country. (Applause.)

"So we can’t have an energy strategy for the last century that traps us in the past. We need an energy strategy for the future -- an all-of-the-above strategy for the 21st century that develops every source of American-made energy. Yes, develop as much oil and gas as we can, but also develop wind power and solar power and biofuels."

Yes, develop as much oil and gas as we can, That includes fracking and drilling.

So what now Oldstyle?

You know what's amusing, Notfooled? After seven years of Barack Obama being President...you still think that what he SAYS he means to do...he'll actually do! Barry loves to talk a good game but that's all it is...talk. He's been a consistent enemy of the fossil fuel industry from day one. He's done all he can to shut down coal fired power plants. He used the Gulf oil spill to shut down drilling in both deep and shallow waters and stonewall new permits to drill. Under his leadership production of oil and natural gas from lands controlled by the Federal Government decreased yet he has the audacity to take credit for the country producing more oil when that oil was produced from lands that he had ZERO control over? He knows that increase in production is due to what others did...yet he has the stones to stand in front of that groveling college audience and flat out mislead them by inferring that it was something that HIS Administration accomplished!

. What did he actually do to make prices lower?

603 deep water permits in the Gulf of Mexico issued by the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement in 2014:

"The number of permits for deepwater drilling increased from 14 in 2010 and 274 in 2011 to 603 in 2014, according to the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement, which oversees the drilling."

Despite plunging oil prices, Gulf on brink of boom
Rick Jervis, USA TODAY 6:13 a.m. EST January 7, 2015

Even as crude's rampant price plunge rattles the industry, the Gulf of Mexico is on the brink of an unprecedented oil boom. Nearly five years after the Deepwater Horizon disaster briefly paralyzed gulf drilling, analysts predict deepwater oil production is headed into one of the biggest growth spurts in history. Production is likely to reach a peak of 1.5 million barrels of crude a day by 2016, surpassing the previous record set in 2009.

In 2015, production will jump 21% from 2014 levels and grow even more in 2016 – adding to America's already bulging oil production, said Imran Khan, a deepwater Gulf of Mexico analyst at energy consultants Wood Mackenzie. The number of permits for deepwater drilling increased from 14 in 2010 and 274 in 2011 to 603 in 2014, according to the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement, which oversees the drilling.

Here is what Obama said in February 2012:

. Offshore, I’ve directed my administration to open up more than 75 percent of our potential oil resources. That includes an area in the Gulf of Mexico we opened up a few months ago that could produce more than 400 million barrels of oil."

And his administration did - didn't it.

Last edited:
After seven years of Barack Obama being President...you still think that what he SAYS he means to do...he'll actually do! Barry loves to talk a good game but that's all it is...talk. He's been a consistent enemy of the fossil fuel industry from day one. He's done all he can to shut down coal fired power plants. He used the Gulf oil spill to shut down drilling in both deep and shallow waters and stonewall new permits to drill.

You are a very inept propaganda spreader Oldstyle.

Obama said this in 2012.

. Offshore, I’ve directed my administration to open up more than 75 percent of our potential oil resources. That includes an area in the Gulf of Mexico we opened up a few months ago that could produce more than 400 million barrels of oil."

Here's a recent report on drilling in the Gulf of Mexico:

603 deep water permits in the Gulf of Mexico issued by the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement in 2014:

"The number of permits for deepwater drilling increased from 14 in 2010 and 274 in 2011 to 603 in 2014, according to the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement, which oversees the drilling."

Even as crude's rampant price plunge rattles the industry, the Gulf of Mexico is on the brink of an unprecedented oil boom. Nearly five years after the Deepwater Horizon disaster briefly paralyzed gulf drilling, analysts predict deepwater oil production is headed into one of the biggest growth spurts in history. Production is likely to reach a peak of 1.5 million barrels of crude a day by 2016, surpassing the previous record set in 2009.

In 2015, production will jump 21% from 2014 levels and grow even more in 2016 – adding to America's already bulging oil production, said Imran Khan, a deepwater Gulf of Mexico analyst at energy consultants Wood Mackenzie. The number of permits for deepwater drilling increased from 14 in 2010 and 274 in 2011 to 603 in 2014, according to the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement, which oversees the drilling.

You wrote this Oldstyle that Obama has "shut down drilling in both deep and shallow waters and stonewall new permits to drill"

Where do you get your disinformation? You are not even ashamed of being caught.

Last edited:
Obama’s Drilling Denials

That's what Obama has DONE.

That also shows that he's perfectly comfortable lying about it because he knows he'll never get called on his false claims.

Your link destroys your point Oldstyle:

But overall, oil production in areas under federal jurisdiction increased under Obama. We again compared the last three full fiscal years of Bush’s term with the next three years, a period that falls almost entirely under Obama’s time in office

Oil production on federal lands and in federal waters grew by 14 percent— or 241 million barrels of oil — during that time (see table 2).

(The increase is 15 percent when we exclude fiscal year 2009 and compare fiscal years 2007 and 2008 with 2010 and 2011.)

Adam Sieminski, the administrator of the EIA, explained to Congress in August that oil production on federal lands and in federal waters is dominated by offshore drilling. He said the decrease in production in 2011 reflects the impact and aftermath of the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill. As we noted before, the Obama administration instituted a temporary moratorium on new drilling following the spill.

But Sieminski offered a more complex explanation for why natural gas production on federal lands and in federal waters has declined, stating that federal policies are only one factor.

Natural gas production on federal lands and in federal waters has fallen 9 percent overall under Obama (see table 3). We again compared the last three full fiscal years of Bush’s term with the next three years.

(The decrease is 12 percent when we exclude fiscal year 2009 and compare fiscal years 2007 and 2008 with 2010 and 2011.)

But natural gas production on federal lands and in federal waters has been falling since 2003. Sieminski credited the decline with the boom in the method of extracting gas from shale formations, known as hydraulic fracturing or “fracking,” which occurs mostly on private and state-owned lands.

Fracking has driven down the price of natural gas. And as a result, Sieminski explained, drilling on federal lands and in federal waters has become a less attractive method for producing natural gas.

Ben Finley, with Lucas Isakowitz

"But overall, oil production in areas under federal jurisdiction increased under Obama."

On the broad point Obama was right and Romney was wrong.

I'm going to swiftly end this farce of a thread with with a few bits of reality:

It was liberals, like fooled (emphasis added), who said G.W. Bush was RESPONSIBLE for the high gas prices, that were not in fact under his control. But somehow, Barack Obama has his pen...er "magic pen" as it were, that somehow he cast a spell to make them all go down. Somehow, he has been imbued with some sort of magical control over gas prices.

So, the question is this: How can one man be responsible for the high gas prices we saw all those years after Katrina and the economic collapse, but another be responsible for bringing them down?

Answer: They aren't responsible for anything.

However, to give Obama the credit for the "boom" as it were, would be woefully inaccurate. Prior to Obama being sworn in, Bush enacted policies to help the oil market rebound after Hurricanes Katrina, Gustav and Ike forced hundreds of oil rigs to close down in 2005 and 2007 respectively. It is thus reasonable to assume that because of such policies, the uptick in production can be accredited to Bush, not Obama.

Richard Nixon approved the Alaska Pipeline in 1973 shortly before leaving office, during the peak of the oil 70's oil crisis. The pipeline started production in 1977, or Jimmy Carter's first year in office. For the first time in since 1969-70, oil production began to rise. To the ill astute observer, one would attribute this rise to Carter, simply because he was in office at the time it began rising. Wrong. It's dumb enough that parties attribute the success of previous policies enacted by other presidents to the current one. Unbelievable.

Oil-Production-From-Nixon-for-Blog-1024x697.png

So, theoretically speaking, was Obama responsible in the uptick in oil production during his tenure as President? No. In 2005, Congress enacted the Energy Policy Act, which President G.W. Bush signed into law. One of the law's intended purposes was to help reduce our dependence on imported oil (it is of note that in the 2008 presidential campaign, Hillary Clinton criticized Obama for voting for this bill). One can assume here that the price of gas and oil would begin to fall.

If this logic is true, Obama had nothing to do with the decrease in prices. Bush did, according to this ridiculous notion that presidents can somehow control the price of gasoline, just as Carter had nothing to do with the success of Nixon's Alaska pipeline.

Now, back to my original point. No president, I repeat, no president has ever had the power to influence the price of gas or a barrel of oil. Not Obama, not Bush.

It wasn't because of Bush's energy policy or Obama's. The prices dropped under Obama not because of any new oil production under his watch, but a general collapse in demand for gasoline, driven by the recession, as you can see here:

Screen-Shot-2015-06-21-at-7.34.14-PM.png

For the years 2008-2014, the demand for oil was low. However it shot up for the first 6 months of 2015.

Sorry. You can't give Obama any credit for this. Nor can you blame Bush for the high gas prices you saw 10 years ago.

Last edited:
Obama’s Drilling Denials

That's what Obama has DONE.

That also shows that he's perfectly comfortable lying about it because he knows he'll never get called on his false claims.

Your link destroys your point Oldstyle:

But overall, oil production in areas under federal jurisdiction increased under Obama. We again compared the last three full fiscal years of Bush’s term with the next three years, a period that falls almost entirely under Obama’s time in office

Oil production on federal lands and in federal waters grew by 14 percent— or 241 million barrels of oil — during that time (see table 2).

(The increase is 15 percent when we exclude fiscal year 2009 and compare fiscal years 2007 and 2008 with 2010 and 2011.)

Adam Sieminski, the administrator of the EIA, explained to Congress in August that oil production on federal lands and in federal waters is dominated by offshore drilling. He said the decrease in production in 2011 reflects the impact and aftermath of the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill. As we noted before, the Obama administration instituted a temporary moratorium on new drilling following the spill.

But Sieminski offered a more complex explanation for why natural gas production on federal lands and in federal waters has declined, stating that federal policies are only one factor.

Natural gas production on federal lands and in federal waters has fallen 9 percent overall under Obama (see table 3). We again compared the last three full fiscal years of Bush’s term with the next three years.

(The decrease is 12 percent when we exclude fiscal year 2009 and compare fiscal years 2007 and 2008 with 2010 and 2011.)

But natural gas production on federal lands and in federal waters has been falling since 2003. Sieminski credited the decline with the boom in the method of extracting gas from shale formations, known as hydraulic fracturing or “fracking,” which occurs mostly on private and state-owned lands.

Fracking has driven down the price of natural gas. And as a result, Sieminski explained, drilling on federal lands and in federal waters has become a less attractive method for producing natural gas.

Ben Finley, with Lucas Isakowitz

"But overall, oil production in areas under federal jurisdiction increased under Obama."

On the broad point Obama was right and Romney was wrong.

Doesn't matter what his link says:

"Production is up only slightly on federal lands, contributing to the boom towns in North Dakota. But most of the gains have been on private land.

This nation's energy renaissance has been totally dependent on private investment on private land," said Andy Radford. a senior policy advisor with the American Petroleum Institute."

Why U.S. oil production is booming under Obama's watch

Drill%20baby%20drill_zpsybzcm1ho.png

http://instituteforenergyresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/CRS-federal-vs.-nonfederal.pdf

And one other factor that needs to be pointed out here is, production on existing drilling leases is more in the control of the lease holder and not the federal government. Not only that, permits granted in year 2014 were only half that of 2008, seen here.

http://www.blm.gov/style/medialib/b...s.Par.65795.File.dat/numberofapdsapproved.pdf

The idea that there is a marked increase in oil production in federal lands under Obama is misleading. Since as pointed out, the lessees have more control over production than the government does. Furthermore, production on private lands has been consistently outpacing that on Federal lands for more than five years now. And let's all not forget the means by which the oil in this "boom" was obtained: by hydraulic water fracturing, or fracking. Whoops. What a conundrum for the eco-freaks here.

So, go blow it out your... tailpipe. Aha! Ahaha! Ahhh....I'll be going now.

Last edited:
Not one Obama hating wingnut predictor wants to yell about how Obama's rejection of Keystone pipeline and EPA abuses and his contempt for big oil was going to lead to $5 to $6 gasoline and destroy jobs and the economy.

Where are you?

Credit Card in Northern Virginia at $1.82.

National avg at $2.04 right now.

Aww blow it out your ass. Obama has nothing to do with the price of gas up or down.

Domestic production is up via the bakken in North Dakota and the price of ME oil is down to compete.

The keystone pipeline may have brought prices even lower.

High gas prices were a big issue in the prez races .

You can't hold high gas against him then say he has nothing to do with low prices . You can't have it both ways .

They are Republicans...they have short memories

. What did he actually do to make prices lower?

Here is what Obama said in February 2012:

And his administration did - didn't it.

Obama was president in 2010, numskull. He's responsible for the all time low in drilling permits. How many were granted in 2008, the last year of the Bush presidency?

Claudette 12929660
Aww blow it out your ass. Obama has nothing to do with the price of gas up or down.

Then what were all the RW'er baseless predictions that his policies would drive the price of gasoline up so high the U.S. Economy would be destroyed all about?

Claudette 12929660

Then what were all the RW'er baseless predictions that his policies would drive the price of gasoline up so high the U.S. Economy would be destroyed all about?

I could care less since they weren't my predictions.

No POTUS has control of the price of gas.

Toddster 12928470
Wait, you're admitting that Obama had nothing to do with the increased supply.

The Federal Government does not drill oil it regulates the drilling of oil. The known fact is that federal regulations while Obama is President did not drive the price of gasoline up so high that it would destroy the economy.

What happened is abandoned fields are popping up all over the U.S. Because fracking new fields is a losing investment.

So what is your infatuation with the number of new leases the past seven years?

Whether Obama approved a zillion new leases or none, the outcome is the same. The price of gasoline did not go over $4 a gallon. So why did RW'ers make that crap up as if they had some solid basis to make such a claim?

So what is your infatuation with the number of new leases the past seven years?

If Obama reduced new leases, he can't be credited with increased supply, can he?
If you're honest.

So why did RW'ers make that crap up as if they had some solid basis to make such a claim?

Obama said he wanted to make electricity more expensive and wanted to tax CO2, why wouldn't someone claim he'd raise the price of gas? Seems solid to me.

Toddster 12929125
I'm still waiting for something he did to increase the supply of oil. Did you have anything?

Wait all you want. More new leases during the past six years would not have changed the reality that RW'ers were wrong about Obama's policies driving up the price of gasoline and destroy the economy.

Wait all you want.

I don't need to, he tried to reduce supply and drive up the price.
He failed.

. So, go blow it out your... tailpipe. Aha! Ahaha! Ahhh....I'll be going now.

So you need to run away to eat your crow? The drilling on private lands was plentiful plus the Admin's proper moratorium on drilling in the Gulf after the BP disaster' plus the level of drilling on federal lands did not cause the price of gasoline to go so high that Obama needed to be blamed when he destroyed the economy.

You have shown that data was available that such baseless blaming and predictions were nothing but RW lies and propaganda.

Claudette 12929660

Gee, I don't know...when you're the President and you appoint as your Energy Secretary a man who's repeatedly said that we need to increase the price of gasoline here in the US to match the price that they pay in Europe so that alternative fuels become economically viable...I'd say you're looking to drive the price of gasoline up!

Quite frankly...if fracking hadn't led to large quantities of oil and natural gas being produced in the US on lands privately held or controlled by States with GOP Governors...Saudi Arabia and other OPEC nations would have NEVER dropped the price of oil as drastically as they have. When you go to the pump and pay less than two dollars a gallon it's because of THAT...not because of anything that Barack Obama has done! He's simply taking credit for something that he actively campaigned against.

. So, go blow it out your... tailpipe. Aha! Ahaha! Ahhh....I'll be going now.

So you need to run away to eat your crow? The drilling on private lands was plentiful plus the Admin's proper moratorium on drilling in the Gulf after the BP disaster' plus the level of drilling on federal lands did not cause the price of gasoline to go so high that Obama needed to be blamed when he destroyed the economy.

You have shown that data was available that such baseless blaming and predictions were nothing but RW lies and propaganda.

Why was the moratorium on shallow water drilling in the Gulf by the Obama Administration "proper", Notfooled? The safety record of shallow water drillers in the Gulf was incredibly good yet permits for them were banned along with the deep water drillers. Explain why THAT was proper!

Gulf Coast Democratic leaders like Louisiana's Mary Landrieux were calling on Obama to lift those bans on drilling because it WAS destroying the economies of Gulf Coast States. The truth is that the Obama Administration used the spill in the Gulf to pursue their long stated goal of forcing us onto alternative sources of energy by hamstringing producers of so called "fossil fuels". They stonewalled those permits as long as they possibly could even as Democrats from the Gulf Coast called on them to desist.

Forum List

Back