Right-Wingers: What's different about Syria?

What is the difference in rationale between Iraq and Syria?

The right wingers will respond that the Prez then was white and a republican.

The Libertarians will reply that we should have not invaded Iraq . We should stay the fuck away from Syria.

Coulda, Woulda, shoulda...moot...WE were there...as to staying OUT of Syria? Lockstep buddy. Congress had better be paying attention.

Last edited:
With Iraq, conservatives couldn’t wait to go to war, in support of a republican president. Conservatives accused those opposed to invading Iraq as being ‘un-American,’ ‘weak on terror,’ ‘terrorist sympathizers,’ and ‘anti-troop.’

Now, all of a sudden, with a democrat in the WH, conservatives are ‘opposed to “war.”’

The fact is conservatives oppose a military strike against Syria solely for partisan reasons, only because Obama support a strike, having nothing to do with the merits and facts of such a military action.

With Syria, conservatives are exhibiting the epitome of partisan hypocrisy.

With Iraq, conservatives couldn’t wait to go to war, in support of a republican president. Conservatives accused those opposed to invading Iraq as being ‘un-American,’ ‘weak on terror,’ ‘terrorist sympathizers,’ and ‘anti-troop.’

Now, all of a sudden, with a democrat in the WH, conservatives are ‘opposed to “war.”’

The fact is conservatives oppose a military strike against Syria solely for partisan reasons, only because Obama support a strike, having nothing to do with the merits and facts of such a military action.

WRONG Obama wants to help defend ONE side of a two sided coin that are BOTH bad.

Pay attention...and CHANGE that avie...you don't deserve to use it YOU don't belive a WORD of it.

What is the difference in rationale between Iraq and Syria?

• Dictator/Tyrant has WMD capability
  • Fight them there so we don't have to fight them here
  • Danger to Israel
  • De-stabilize ME

Right-Wing refusal to back strikes proves that Iraq really was only about controlling the oil.

A Democratic President is in office.

He's now in a second term.

Things were supposed to be different.

They're not and that's why you're asking Republicans.

:eusa_whistle:

You make your the other sides point.

:D

Things are completely different.

• He got us out of Iraq
    The status of forces agreement that lead to that was in place before he was ever sworn in.
  • He killed Osama bin Laden
    Seal team six did that but he was the CIC so he gets that one.
  • He went from losing 750,000 jobs per month under Bush to 43 straight months of growth
    Minimal growth add the people who have stopped looking for work and dropped out of the workforce and the jobs picture looks far less impressive.
  • He turned the stock market from 6,000 to 15,000
    That happened in spite of him not because of him in any event it's just those evil rich people prospering while the middle class and poor continue to suffer.
  • He's getting us out of Afghanistan
    Yes that should work out very good giving how well things are going in the rest of the middle east.

I don't for a second believe Obama wants to use force, but sometimes the integrity of the United States Of America must be upheld. Not Obama's integrity with his red line comment - the country's. This has been a red line since 1925.
    So we have to use force to save the integrity of the country that Obama damaged by making a boast he was not prepared to back up?

We've already violated the Geneva Conventions under Bush - are we going to totally disregard them from this point on?
    Ah B.D.S.

If we do, be ready for CW attacks in the U.S., because that's something that can be snuck into this country a hell of a lot easier than conventional explosives.

• Wow when the right say's stuff like that it's called being paranoid.

If Obama is no different than Bush, why aren't conservatives supporting him the way they supported Bush?

because conservative are smarter than libtards( who are a partisan brainwashed crowd) and learn from previous mistakes?

And where do I find the thread where all the conservative Iraq war supporters around here admit that Iraq was a mistake and admit they were wrong to support it?

In fact, they can post that here, now.

We'll be able to tell by how many make that admission whether or not you're full of shit.

It wasn't Iraq which was a mistake per se. It was the way the war was conducted at first, there, which was a total mistake - it's a war, not a party. A war is about winning, not about wishy-washing the goals.

But the largest mistake a notion that we can find "good guys through that crowd and then help them build a democratic society.

And obama made MORE mistakes regarding this and keeps making them - it is already the THIRD time he wants to support the Al Qaeda or their close allies.

He did not support Iranian secular revolution - exactly because it was SECULAR.

So, enough.

Last edited:
A Democratic President is in office.

He's now in a second term.

Things were supposed to be different.

They're not and that's why you're asking Republicans.

:eusa_whistle:

You make your the other sides point.

:D

Things are completely different.

• He got us out of Iraq
    The status of forces agreement that lead to that was in place before he was ever sworn in.
  • He killed Osama bin Laden
    Seal team six did that but he was the CIC so he gets that one.
  • He went from losing 750,000 jobs per month under Bush to 43 straight months of growth
    Minimal growth add the people who have stopped looking for work and dropped out of the workforce and the jobs picture looks far less impressive.
  • He turned the stock market from 6,000 to 15,000
    That happened in spite of him not because of him in any event it's just those evil rich people prospering while the middle class and poor continue to suffer.
  • He's getting us out of Afghanistan
    Yes that should work out very good giving how well things are going in the rest of the middle east.

I don't for a second believe Obama wants to use force, but sometimes the integrity of the United States Of America must be upheld. Not Obama's integrity with his red line comment - the country's. This has been a red line since 1925.
    So we have to use force to save the integrity of the country that Obama damaged by making a boast he was not prepared to back up?

We've already violated the Geneva Conventions under Bush - are we going to totally disregard them from this point on?
    Ah B.D.S.

If we do, be ready for CW attacks in the U.S., because that's something that can be snuck into this country a hell of a lot easier than conventional explosives.

• Wow when the right say's stuff like that it's called being paranoid.

• Dorkaholic lives in an alternate Universe.

Putin is so maxxed though he's already saying point blank that he will give Assad whatever he needs.

Any one ever seen a Russian President give it a go like this ever? ever?
Nope in the old days of Reagan? It was covert...Putin is out in the open. And laughing his ass off at US.

I don't know what to say.

Difficult, isn't it? I LOATHE Obama more than I ever have for putting US in this position...just so he can play politics to save his own ass.

Fuck you.

Really truly fuck you. Both parties bought in you cock sucker.

Show me different on the Iraq vote or drive your own asshole.

NOW. bitch. Do it. Show me the vote against Iraq. Or fuck off forever.

No, libtards are exhibiting an epitome of partisan hypocrisy changing suddenly from "doves" to partisan warmongering hawks.

We don't have any interest in Syria and we don't have money.
Oh, I know, libtards are never concerned about other people money, and their interest is just in blind support of their idol.

Don't expect the blind worshiping of your messiah from those who are not on their knees in awe, though. Not everybody is so stupid like libtard crowd :lol:

Nope in the old days of Reagan? It was covert...Putin is out in the open. And laughing his ass off at US.

Difficult, isn't it? I LOATHE Obama more than I ever have for putting US in this position...just so he can play politics to save his own ass.

I'm starting to get really steamed. Pardon my french because I am about to lose it on liars.

I won't have lies.

Or maybe invading and defeating Saddam and then routing Al Qaeda was removing two threats while attacking Assad is supporting Al Qaeda.

Now the liberals supporting this war? Well that's just comical and down right sad.

Or maybe invading and defeating Saddam and then routing Al Qaeda was removing two threats while attacking Assad is supporting Al Qaeda.

Now the liberals supporting this war? Well that's just comical and down right sad.
As to your former point? Obama pulled out prematurely from Iraq...it is a hotbed for AQ terrorism....Just wait until we leave Astan?

He's doing more than playing politics. He's playing war. He's playing propaganda for his wounded pride.

What makes me the most angry is that in this war no American will die to protect the country. They won't even be maimed or crippld for some noble cause of saving the world. It is all for obama's pride. His vanity.

As small an effort as he can make, I hope that Ed Snowden knows enough to destroy obama and does it quickly.

I'm starting to get really steamed. Pardon my french because I am about to lose it on liars.

Don't.

For Putin it is MUCH MORE important than for Obama.

It is his lifeline - if Gasprom loses the monopoly over the natural gas in Eirope - Russia is done. Meaning he, himself and his jerks who rip off the profits and expand their bank accounts.
So for Putin it is all or nothing.

I am a bit surprised that people here expressed "support" for that scumbag.

As much as I despise obama, but, believe me, you don't want to side on this with that stalinist midget.

This standoff, if it goes to standoff might come close to carribean missile crisis - but I am not sure if obama has the balls ( or the drugs in the system) as Kennedy had.

But if it comes that close I will stand with this president, no matter how much I dislike him.

Because you don't even imagine what the other side can mean. Not even close.

Don't.

For Putin it is MUCH MORE important than for Obama.

It is his lifeline - if Gasprom loses the monopoly over the natural gas in Eirope - Russia is done. Meaning he, himself and his jerks who rip off the profits and expand their bank accounts.
So for Putin it is all or nothing.

I am a bit surprised that people here expressed "support" for that scumbag.

As much as I despise obama, but, believe me, you don't want to side on this with that stalinist midget.

This standoff, if it goes to standoff might come close to carribean missile crisis - but I am not sure if obama has the balls ( or the drugs in the system) as Kennedy had.

But if it comes that close I will stand with this president, no matter how much I dislike him.

Because you don't even imagine what the other side can mean. Not even close.

^Now that took guts...and I respect that, and you're right...but Putin had Obama (and subsequently US) by the balls...and as I stated earlier? I LOATHE Obama for putting US in this position.

Forum List

Back