rightwinger, gas prices rising, thanks Obama?

• Ok, thanks Breitbart.
    Jun 2, 2015 - The latest production numbers come on the heels of Breitbart News' report that the ... But the effort only caused much lower prices as U.S. oil production still ... market share will drop to 28.2 million bpd over the next five years.

Thanks for the info.
What did Obama do to make it happen?
First, he ended the recession and brought about an economic recovery with increasing demands for production. Maybe he just did the opposite of what conservatives repeatedly claim maybe he did not enact job killng regs.

First, he ended the recession

He ended the recession? How'd he do that?

with increasing demands for production.

"Increasing demands for production" didn't exist before he was elected?

maybe he did not enact job killng regs

He increased oil production by not enacting job killing regs? LOL!

Let me know if you ever figure out what he actually did to increase domestic production.
Be specific.
The way former presidents, democrat and republican have done, through stimulus spending and tax cuts. Perhaps you would need to have so,done explain to you what a recession is if you don't understand that when one ends, there is increased economic activity and production which, in turn, increases the demand for energy. Did you not realize that a fully operating factory needs more energy than one idle? Since republicans claimed that the president was enacting regulations that would slow production, the fact that production is increasing proves that to be another lie.
You are indeed a deluded true believer.
Is that your pat response when you have nothing substantive with which to contradict claims?

• Ok, thanks Breitbart.
    Jun 2, 2015 - The latest production numbers come on the heels of Breitbart News' report that the ... But the effort only caused much lower prices as U.S. oil production still ... market share will drop to 28.2 million bpd over the next five years.

Thanks for the info.
What did Obama do to make it happen?
First, he ended the recession and brought about an economic recovery with increasing demands for production. Maybe he just did the opposite of what conservatives repeatedly claim maybe he did not enact job killng regs.
I love this ....."He ended the recession".....
How so?....Explain in detail...

Ok. Recession is negative GDP growth. Since 2010 we have had positive GDP growth. Hence, the recession ended. What contributed to positive GDP growth, increased government spending and the targeted tax cuts that stimulated economic activity and made up half of the stimulus package. At least, that is the consensus among economists. Among your mouth breathing circle of friends, I am sure they claim that there has been no recovery.

The truth is this: Obama has little control over the price of oil, however, he has done NOTHING to help it.

Ok. Recession is negative GDP growth. Since 2010 we have had positive GDP growth. Hence, the recession ended. What contributed to positive GDP growth, increased government spending and the targeted tax cuts that stimulated economic activity and made up half of the stimulus package. At least, that is the consensus among economists. Among your mouth breathing circle of friends, I am sure they claim that there has been no recovery.

Wrong, first quarter GDP has been revised to -.7. That's bad.

Last edited:
Anybody seen the tv commercial saying the U.S. is soon to be #1 in oil? If that's true what the fuk do we care about Muslim oil?

Oil is now below $60.00 a barrel, from a high of $140.00 a barrel. Gas is almost $3.00 a gallon, down from a high of $4.00 a gallon. Gas should be below $2.99 a gallon. Big oil has been fuking America so long they can't quit.

[

Wrong, first quarter GDP has been revised to -.7. That's bad.
What is wrong? A recession is negative GDP growth over at least three quarters. A recovery is positive GDP growth. We have had positive GDP growth each year. There have been two quarters when GDP growth slipped in the negative, both in part related to the reduced economic activity related to the huge snowfalls on the east coast.

According to that bastion of liberal thought, the Wall Street Journal:
Snowstorms are bad for the economy, at least in the short term. Then they might offer an economic lift, as we learned over the last year.

A major nor’easter is expected to dump up to three feet of snow in much of the Northeastern U.S. through Tuesday evening, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. Major metropolitan areas including New York City and Boston may experience blizzard conditions.

“We’re talking about a highly populated area where a lot of economic activity takes place,” said Ben Herzon, senior economist at Macroeconomic Advisers. “If activity is slowed for a few days, a week, it could have an effect on GDP.”

The forecasting group estimated that unusually harsh weather last winter knocked 0.1 percentage point off of fourth-quarter gross domestic product in 2013 and 1.4 percentage point off of the first quarter of 2014.

That January to March span saw GDP, the broadest measure of economic output, shrink by 2.1%, marking the weakest performance since the recession. Payroll growth also was particularly poor, with December 2013 through March 2014 averaging just over 163,000 a month, compared with 246,000 for the full year.

That span also correlated with an historically awful winter, one that brought the term “polar vortex” into common usage. Record cold and heavy snow snarled travel, closed schools and government offices and many businesses, and kept many Americans from getting to work.

The truth is this: Obama has little control over the price of oil, however, he has done NOTHING to help it.
If he has little control, then why would he do anything to help. Cannot have it both ways.

Well, then why stand in the way? Can't have it both ways. Why ban drilling? I mean when he does something like that oil goes up. That's why we saw gas go up so much when he took office. What was oil in 2010 during the moratorium? He does have SOME effect, but not HUGE effects. He can't bring it down to 20 dollars a barrel tomorrow. But enacting legislation banning drilling can surely make futures go up thus making the price go up some.

If he has little control, then why would he do anything to help. Cannot have it both ways.

Well, then why stand in the way? Can't have it both ways. Why ban drilling? I mean when he does something like that oil goes up. That's why we saw gas go up so much when he took office. What was oil in 2010 during the moratorium? He does have SOME effect, but not HUGE effects. He can't bring it down to 20 dollars a barrel tomorrow. But enacting legislation banning drilling can surely make futures go up thus making the price go up some.
Why ban drilling? To protect the environment from the profound damage a spill can do. To give them time to develop technologies that will make the likelihood of a spill and damage from it more remote. Should there be no concern over the environment? It was during this moratorium that we increased our oil production so it did not seem to have much affect, did it?.

Why ban drilling? To protect the environment from the profound damage a spill can do. To give them time to develop technologies that will make the likelihood of a spill and damage from it more remote. Should there be no concern over the environment? It was during this moratorium that we increased our oil production so it did not seem to have much affect, did it?.

Why ban drilling?

To raise the cost of oil and gasoline.

To protect the environment from a spill? That's like saying don't drive to ensure you don't die in a car wreck. How else are you going to get around? Walk to work? How else are we going to get oil, hope it out of the ground? Maybe thats the hope and change Obama was talking about.

Why don't you give up your cars and walk? Lead by example, not by stupid liberalism. Liberals are all for saving the environment unless it means THEM walking to work. Then damn the environment, I'm getting in my truck and going to work.

No sitting President is responsible for gasoline or oil prices. Prices are set by the market.
In fact, just a short while back - when prices were getting really low - the Obama appealed to OPEC to slow production to inflate the price back up.
They flat out said no.

Hmmm......wonder why he would try that???

I'd love to read the direct quote from Obama. Why don't you post it.

Let me know if you ever figure out what he actually did to increase domestic production.
Be specific.

The opposite is actually true. He enacted regulations that banned drilling in a lot of waters off of our coast. Believe me, he is no friend down here in Louisiana.

Just google Obama's drilling moratorium and you'll learn more.

Obama Administration Imposes Five-Year Drilling Ban on Majority of Offshore Areas - House Committee on Natural Resources

Any moron thinks Obama had anything to do with increased oil production is still wiping his jizz from their mouth.

Get your jizz ready.

Under Obama, U.S. crude oil production has increased by 70 percent, while oil imports have gone down by more than half.

Oil Production — Also during Obama’s tenure, new drilling technologies have brought about a revolution in U.S. oil production. During his time as president, production of crude oil in the U.S. has increased by nearly 70 percent, comparing the April-June quarter of 2014 with the last three months of 2008.

Obama s Numbers October 2014 Update

Be specific.

The opposite is actually true. He enacted regulations that banned drilling in a lot of waters off of our coast. Believe me, he is no friend down here in Louisiana.

Just google Obama's drilling moratorium and you'll learn more.

Obama Administration Imposes Five-Year Drilling Ban on Majority of Offshore Areas - House Committee on Natural Resources

Any moron thinks Obama had anything to do with increased oil production is still wiping his jizz from their mouth.

Get your jizz ready.

Under Obama, U.S. crude oil production has increased by 70 percent, while oil imports have gone down by more than half.

Oil Production — Also during Obama’s tenure, new drilling technologies have brought about a revolution in U.S. oil production. During his time as president, production of crude oil in the U.S. has increased by nearly 70 percent, comparing the April-June quarter of 2014 with the last three months of 2008.

Obama s Numbers October 2014 Update

Under Obama, U.S. crude oil production has increased by 70 percent,

That's awesome. And his contribution to this success was what?

To protect the environment from a spill? That's like saying don't drive to ensure you don't die in a car wreck. How else are you going to get around? Walk to work? How else are we going to get oil, hope it out of the ground? Maybe thats the hope and change Obama was talking about.

Why don't you give up your cars and walk? Lead by example, not by stupid liberalism. Liberals are all for saving the environment unless it means THEM walking to work. Then damn the environment, I'm getting in my truck and going to work.

Deepwater Horizon oil spill - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

It's safe!?

Yes, it is. Do you look at a plane crash and say flying isn't safe? 11 people died on that spill, more people died in car crashes around the country in the time it took me to type this. Are cars not safe?

Why don't you look at the big picture, how many wells are drilled and how many times we have spills like deepwater horizon? You don't have to link me to it, I'm from the state it happened in when my father was head of the BSEE in our district at the time. I know more about deepwater horizon than 99.9% of Americans. And I promise, you aren't in the .1 percent that have a flying fucking clue what happened.

Under Obama it's increased 70 percent but WHAT DID OBAMA DO SPECIFICALLY TO INCREASE IT? NOTHING! It increased despite him, not because of him.

Yes, it is. Do you look at a plane crash and say flying isn't safe?

Why don't you look at the big picture, how many wells are drilled and how many times we have spills like deepwater horizon? You don't have to link me to it, I'm from the state it happened in when my father was head of the BSEE in our district at the time. I know more about deepwater horizon than 99.9% of Americans.

I look at a plane crash and ask what happened. I ask what can be done to insure it doesn't happen again. I ask if corners were cut to increase profits.

Regarding Deepwater Horizon; Did BP lie?

Forum List

Back