Riots in the streets of Istanbul, as Dictator implements Muslim law.

Muslims follow the same principles as Obama. Never let a crisis go to waste.

You need to learn how to use your computer and Google Images. When a news story is breaking, photos are not always quick to surface. So, when I Google, "Istanbul riots" a variety of photos are offered. In addition the web page for each photo is also available. So I can read the story of the picture if I wish. I look for pictures that visually relate the story I am reporting.

Pro tip about googling images, just because you type in two words into the image search doesn't mean that the results will have anything to do with them. You've got to pay attention to sources and yours was simply way off. It had nothing to do with Turkey, It had nothing to do with Turks, It had nothing to do with what the protests were about (which started in Turkey over the planned construction of a shopping mall), the two incidents were years apart, and you didn't even get the right continent. In layman terms that's a total wiff.

If anything it is intentionally misleading due to how far off it is. It only serves to misinform the reader.

It is much like writing a zinger headline on a newspaper story. This is standard journalism bravado. I stand by my pics.

As a former journalist, this isn't accurate at all, unless you're writing a gossip or hate column.

You sound like a guy trying to distract from the truth of this thread. I suggest you review the three utubes in posts 1, 2, and 11, and then retract your inaccurate remarks. All three CBS utubes point out that while the Prime Minister was duly elected, he is being called a "dictator" because of the manner in which he is forcing Muslim law on people of all religions in Turkey. From my experience in researching, this is "typical Muslim" behavior, and happens frequently in any number of countries.

He isn't forcing laws onto his country, Turkey has a legislative and judicial review process, and, quite frankly, a highly conservative rural population. If you're only understanding of Turkey comes from populations in Istanbul and Ankara then you're going to have a rather large misconception of the country. You also seem to be ignoring the anti-Islamist guarantee: the Turkish military which can and does intervene should the ruling party become too religious.

How long was it before people realized that the uprising in Syria wasn't really the people throwing off an oppressive dictator, but agitated and joined by terrorists like Al Quaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood?

This thread doesn't really have anything to do with Syria, but that aside, I think you misunderstand the ideals of those fighting the government in Syria. This isn't the first time the country has faced open rebellion against the central government. It happened in the 80's too (over 30,000 dead). The people of Syria have by and large wanted change. There are some groups that are ok with the Baathist rule since they would fear the alternative majority rule (fearing persecution under Islamist rule), but even the religious minority Syrians favored the removal of the emergency law sets that occurred before the full civil war. The simple fact is that Syria isn't and wasn't free.

Riots in the streets of Istanbul as dictator implements Muslim law.

The philosophy of "Islam will dominate the world" is the private agenda of Muslims in the United States. Fellow Americans please watch this story unfold.

islaminbritainuk.jpg

Jeepers, neat collection of signs.

There's a lot of so-called Americans who would be annoyed if Americans showed signs like that against Obama or against Muslims, or whatever ----

But if Muslims do it, of course it's just fine. They WANT to be 9/11-ed, I guess, whatever makes Muslims happy.

Wasn't the Iranian Revolution started by college students in the 70s but later hijacked by the Imams?

Correct, it's the same today:

The Left starts it, the Right uses the chaos to take over everything.

Count on it. Everywhere.

Because the Right have the numbers.

There's a lot of so-called Americans who would be annoyed if Americans showed signs like that against Obama or against Muslims, or whatever ----

But if Muslims do it, of course it's just fine. They WANT to be 9/11-ed, I guess, whatever makes Muslims happy.

Those signs don't have anything to do with the United States :dunno:

This photo posted on page 1 by Beachboy is from the Turkey riots: it is so labeled on its website and you can see the characteristic Turkish buildings. Well, and the flag, of course.

turkey-protest.jpg

This is actually a scary picture to me because you can see that the riot police are in big hairy trouble if the mob loses its fear of them and charges them. This happened often in the French Revolution, the mob just charging and killing everyone, hundreds of people beaten and chopped to death, beheading many, gang-raping all the women, and putting dozens of heads on pikes and parading through the streets looking for new victims.

Mob violence would be a new experience for most of us.

Revolution is interesting to think about but there are issues.

Those signs don't have anything to do with the United States :dunno:

Look again.

See all the references to 9/11?

9/11 had one whole hell of a lot to do with violence against the United States!

Wasn't the Iranian Revolution started by college students in the 70s but later hijacked by the Imams?

Many of the students were religious students in support of the Ulama or "imams".

For as often as it is said by people, it doesn't have much basis in history. The belief in this generally stems from western depictions of the Ulama during and after the revolution. They overthrew our political stooge after all that we helped put into power via a coup, so we tended to demonize them.

The quick and the dirty version: WWII Reza Shah was in power in Iran, was leaning towards the Nazis so the British and Russians invaded Iran to secure supply and oil lines and installed into power his son Muhammad Reza Shah. The new Shah is in power and most of urban class opposed him. This included both the students and the Ulama (other big blocs were the Communists in general, but also the Industrial workers, the merchants, and generally the entire "middle class").

This opposition erupted in protests which eventually caused the Shah to flee the country and a guy named Mossadegh (the leader of the National Front whom the parties mentioned above generally supported) took power and started to ramp up nationalization talk and nationalization processes. He also abolished the parliament and the combination of these actions worried the Ulama, government officials, tribal leaders, Large merchants, and landlords, and they started to oppose him as well (they feared the loss of parliament coupled with the threats to their assets that nationalization entailed).

The USA also didn't like Mossadegh because he refused to side with either the soviets or with the US (non-alignment), and so the CIA staged a coup and put the Shah back into power.

The groups the Shah first targeted upon getting power back were the merchants (he abolished their guilds and exiled over 23,000 of them from the country) and the religious Ulama (he established a new religious corps loyal to the central government, shut down religious publishing houses, and replaced sharia councils with central family laws).

So when talking about the "imams" of the revolution there are two groups, the traditional religious leaders who were against the Shah, and the state sponsored religious leaders who supported him.

Overall there were many different opposition groups, but the Ulama were on the forefront the entire time as well, particularly in the urban settings where many Ulama fought against the White Revolution because, in part, of the Shah's land reforms (the Ulama were landowners). This is where Ayatollah Khomeini made his appearance and was subsequently forced into exile by the Shah. The government's press started attacking Khomeini and religious students responded by protesting that (in the city of Qom). The government broke the protests up violently (killed 70 people). The religious custom is to then have a memorial demonstration for the dead, which the students did after 40 days, the government again responded with violence which killed more students, which prompted another demonstration, which the government broke up, which prompted a memorial, and so on and so forth. both the memorials and the demonstrations grew larger over time until the Shah fled into exile.

There were other major factors such as strikes by oil field workers which crippled government revenue, leftist guerrillas and secular students played their role as well, as did women, as did the Tudeh Party, the Ulama simply had stronger and more public leaders, and because the Ulama had large scale support in the urban centers, and that's where 50% of the population and most of the wealth existed in Iran at the time.

So it wasn't really hijjacked at all, but some groups that opposed the Shah didn't get strong representation in the new government structure such as the secular Tudeh Party, or the leftist guerrillas and women's groups.

Last edited:
Here are today's headlines on the story of the Turkish dictator trying to force his Muslim ideas on the people, and causing riots. This has become pretty common stuff in the middle east.

Turkey PM Erdogan lashes out over protests, asks "what is the message"? - CBS News

Where will the Muslims push their agenda with violence next?

turkey-protest.jpg

130601091556-01-turkey-protests-0601-horizontal-gallery.jpg

Istanbul riots. Thousands take to the streets to halt Muslim law in Turkey.

Clashes-in-Istanbul-on-Ma-016.jpg

Next on the Muslim agenda, the United States.

Turkey is not the Middle East.

911 in the United States was a huge victory for islam. Of course they will continue to use it.

This photo posted on page 1 by Beachboy is from the Turkey riots: it is so labeled on its website and you can see the characteristic Turkish buildings. Well, and the flag, of course.

turkey-protest.jpg

This is actually a scary picture to me because you can see that the riot police are in big hairy trouble if the mob loses its fear of them and charges them. This happened often in the French Revolution, the mob just charging and killing everyone, hundreds of people beaten and chopped to death, beheading many, gang-raping all the women, and putting dozens of heads on pikes and parading through the streets looking for new victims.

Mob violence would be a new experience for most of us.

Revolution is interesting to think about but there are issues.

"Characteristic Turkish buildings"? Are you fucking serious? OMFG Hilarious

"Characteristic Turkish buildings"? Are you fucking serious? OMFG Hilarious

Yes. Watch for them in other photos.

Nice, aren't they? I like the pastel colors, and the consistent architecture.

Last edited:
Turkey is not the Middle East.

Yes, it is.

Turkey WANTED to be European, but has never been allowed in, because they are, you know, yucky Muslims and primitive barbarians. Germans know that best, because Turks keep trying to emigrate there and then fetch in their 12-year-old "young eyes" brides imported from Turkey, and other gross things Turks do.

Some of the OP photos are photo-shopped

Prove it.

Assertion isn't proof of anything.

He did post supporting evidence, he posted the same picture with different writing on the sign showing that the writing had been changed. I've seen these pictures pop up on message boards for years, and the writing on the signs often changes via photo shop. But that really isn't the important part because that particular protest was engaged in by a highly anti-western religious group in the UK. The issue here, is that said group was / is very small, it was one protest years ago akin to something the Westboro Baptist Church does here in the US (aka it was deliberately antagonistic) and it has nothing to do with Turkey, Turkish peoples, or the current protests in Turkey that are ongoing.

It's a non-issue for this thread.

Forum List

Back