RIP Adam West

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
article-0-127BFB90000005DC-456_634x781.jpg

Batman will never be dead, Batman will live forever....like Darth Vader can never die, Darth Vader will live forever.

Adam West I didn't know he was this old, aged 88 years.

Adam West, Straight-Faced Star of TV's 'Batman,' Dies at 88

"The actor struggled to find work after the campy superhero series was canceled, but he rebounded with voiceover gigs, including one as the mayor of Quahog on 'Family Guy.'

Adam West, the ardent actor who managed to keep his tongue in cheek while wearing the iconic cowl of the Caped Crusader on the classic 1960s series Batman, has died. He was 88.

West, who was at the pinnacle of pop culture after Batman debuted in January 1966, only to see his career fall victim to typecasting after the ABC show flamed out, died Friday night in Los Angeles after a short battle with leukemia, a family spokesperson said.

West died peacefully surrounded by his family and is survived by his wife Marcelle, six children, five grandchildren and two great-grandchildren."

Adam West, Straight-Faced Star of TV's 'Batman,' Dies at 88

Leaving only Burt Ward, his able side kick, and Julie Newmar, (my favorite Catwoman), left of the stars of the series.

Last edited:
Is Adam West related to Jay North?

I always wondered, what would happen if Jay North met Joe South? If they shake hands, does the world blow up? Or are they just repelled from each other?

Last edited:
It was that 'campiness' that gave us Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman in the 70s

(drool)

Campy as all hell...... but I loved it as a kid

West was classy to the end living with the role that typecast him

I remember him as a cowboy hero.

th

Not to mention a couple of appearances on Maverick, Bronco, Cheyenne, and Sugarfoot.

To this day I'm a huge Batman fan, but I loved that cheesy old show. I have a pair of pajama pants that shows Batman, and reads "Nana nana nana nana" on them. You will always see me with a comic book avatar, and Adam West's Batman is where it started.

RIP Adam West.

Forum List

Back