Robbers steal $600,000 from a megachurch in Houston

Chuckt

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2013

I actually mulled over posting this article. This is Joel Osteen's Church in case anyone wants to know and now we finally know what he makes thanks to this article. The argument is he can do whatever he wants since he doesn't draw a salary from the church. You may want to know where the money is going however.

The robbery was reported on Monday morning by a church staff member. ABC NEWS reports the money, $200,000 in cash and $400,000 in cheques, was stolen from a safe in the church building sometime between 2.30pm Sunday and 8.30am Monday.
A statement released by Lakewood church identified that the $600,000 stolen was limited to collections from the weekend services. Congregation members who gave money online were not affected by the theft.

More than 40,000 people attend the seven weekly services led by Pastor Joel Osteen. Lakewood church is the largest protestant church in America.

Robbers steal $600,000 from a megachurch in Houston | News.com.au

Lakewood Church - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I actually mulled over posting this article. This is Joel Osteen's Church in case anyone wants to know and now we finally know what he makes thanks to this article. The argument is he can do whatever he wants since he doesn't draw a salary from the church. You may want to know where the money is going however.

The robbery was reported on Monday morning by a church staff member. ABC NEWS reports the money, $200,000 in cash and $400,000 in cheques, was stolen from a safe in the church building sometime between 2.30pm Sunday and 8.30am Monday.
A statement released by Lakewood church identified that the $600,000 stolen was limited to collections from the weekend services. Congregation members who gave money online were not affected by the theft.
More than 40,000 people attend the seven weekly services led by Pastor Joel Osteen. Lakewood church is the largest protestant church in America.

If you think people might want to know where the money is going, why don't you tell them?

Events

As I said before..I like Joel.

Thanks Mudwhistle, for the link. Wow. Those are a LOT of events!!

Somebody stole from a megachurch.

Joel Osteen has been stealing from a lot of people for a lot of years.

Glad to see some retribution coming his way.

It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God

It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God

Tell that to a Republican and they'll tell you that you are a heretic.

That goes against the dogma of those who claim to be "job creators".

I still wait to see how the GOP and their leadership under Boehner has done anything to support creating jobs.

They're too busy voting down Obamacare (like for the 50th time), and voting to take a woman's right for her own body.

Show me how the GOP has tried to create jobs. They haven't.

I still wait to see how the GOP and their leadership under Boehner has done anything to support creating jobs.

They're too busy voting down Obamacare (like for the 50th time), and voting to take a woman's right for her own body.

I don't know if they have or haven't created jobs. I'd think that the richest men in America probably do create jobs, almost certainly in their pursuit of even more money so lets not pretend they're doing it out of the goodness and christian charity of their hearts but still.

I don't know if they have or haven't created jobs. I'd think that the richest men in America probably do create jobs, almost certainly in their pursuit of even more money so lets not pretend they're doing it out of the goodness and christian charity of their hearts but still.

Actually, they've shipped the jobs overseas to those who are willing to work for less money than Americans would.

Why else would the jobs be shipped off to India and China?

Actually, they've shipped the jobs overseas to those who are willing to work for less money than Americans would.

Why else would the jobs be shipped off to India and China?

Besides profit? Probably the middle class was becoming too powerful. People were getting pensions. Some states had almost free higher education for the young. There were environmental issues being addressed as well as other human rights also. This isn't what capitalism needs. It needs workers willing to work for less and afraid to raise up on their hind legs and question things. I notice now how some service workers have become almost obsequious in order to keep their jobs. A tow truck driver, tough looking with tatoos but now trying to raise his two or three kids now says "please sir, you may get a call asking how my perfomance on the job was, could I get a good score from you?" With a pleading look in his eyes I might add. This is what capitalism wants. Not independent, free Americans.

Last edited:

What does your hatred of your political enemies have to do with the subject matter?

What does your hatred of your political enemies have to do with the subject matter?

I've thanked you for this post because it it gave me a chuckle and made my irony-meter explode given the nature of this forum. In the Europe subsection 2 plane passengers with fake passports managed to turn in to Obama is a liar in record time.

His estimated net worth is ~$40 million.

How Much Money Does Joel Osteen Make? (Lakewood Church) | How Much Money They Make

"Joel Osteen and his wife live in a 17,000 square foot mansion made of stone located on 1.86-acres in the Tall Timbers subdivision of River Oaks, Texas. The home is owned by Covenant Trust who will pay $260,000 in property taxes on the home valued at $10.5 million. The home contains six bedrooms each with its own bathroom. Also on the property are a one-bedroom guesthouse and a pool house.

Joel Osteen has said that a person should never feel guilty for being rich, as God views that as an insult. Instead, he should praise God for blessing him with the money."

A fool and their money are soon parted. If stupid people wanna give him their money that's their decision. If there's a G-d who prizes justice though I expect he'll spend his eternity someplace very warm.

I've thanked you for this post because it it gave me a chuckle and made my irony-meter explode given the nature of this forum. In the Europe subsection 2 plane passengers with fake passports managed to turn in to Obama is a liar in record time.
Your obfuscation made me chuckle.

I've always seen Joel Osteen as a fraud. A counterfeit Christian.

I grew up listening to the Rev. Billy Graham. He always has been, in my view, the most Divinely-blessed preacher I've ever heard. Not afraid to go to the darkest corners of the world most hostile to the Faith, and not afraid to broach subject matter—i.e., or most especially, hell—anathema to the recruiting of phoney "converts" in his sermons once he got there.

I have never once heard Joel Osteen preach about the things that aren't supposed to make us comfortable. Am not a fan of his at all.

Last edited:
Somebody stole from a megachurch.

Joel Osteen has been stealing from a lot of people for a lot of years.

Glad to see some retribution coming his way.

megachurch.jpg

What's funny is that more than 95% say they're "christian".

That means its pretty likely its christians who stole this money.

:eusa_angel:

His estimated net worth is ~$40 million.

How Much Money Does Joel Osteen Make? (Lakewood Church) | How Much Money They Make

"Joel Osteen and his wife live in a 17,000 square foot mansion made of stone located on 1.86-acres in the Tall Timbers subdivision of River Oaks, Texas. The home is owned by Covenant Trust who will pay $260,000 in property taxes on the home valued at $10.5 million. The home contains six bedrooms each with its own bathroom. Also on the property are a one-bedroom guesthouse and a pool house.

Joel Osteen has said that a person should never feel guilty for being rich, as God views that as an insult. Instead, he should praise God for blessing him with the money."

A fool and their money are soon parted. If stupid people wanna give him their money that's their decision. If there's a G-d who prizes justice though I expect he'll spend his eternity someplace very warm.

It wasn't his money, he doesn't get a cent from the church.

Forum List

Back